• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][12.0][walleye] PixelExperience [AOSP][BETA]

Search This thread

Proncio

Nov 27, 2021
Ok I did it.. I just had to install as said above the old 11 recovery, format, install again and it works. Thanks

amarmak

Feb 11, 2012
So two bugs which the taimen version doesnt seem to have.

1. Unlimited Photo Uploads is not working
2. Clock Widget is not there

Edit: Clock widget and alarm showed up after installing the clock app from playstore.

Last edited:

Patkis_1

Jan 2, 2016
I had same g logo booting and not doing anything from, install stock rom then pixel recovery and trying to boot a12, got same error that cant format data.
So what i did was
Flash back to stock (maybe not needed)
Install PE11 and let it boot (i used recovery from a12 so it should work)
Boot back to recovery and install PE A12 and format data
Now it should boot.

Sir Killalot

Sep 15, 2007
So two bugs which the taimen version doesnt seem to have.

1. Unlimited Photo Uploads is not working
2. Clock Widget is not there

Edit: Clock widget and alarm showed up after installing the clock app from playstore.
Does this ROM identity the device as a Pixel 6 (Pro)? Then that the reason. A11 ROM has the Pixel 5 fingerprint, and that device was the last with unlimited (storage saver) upload.

Thsamecat

Nov 29, 2021
Doesn't see the SIM card. Both on version 23 and 24 of November. Nothing but IMEI is displayed in the Settings > About Phone > SIM status.

The SIM card is Russian. Megafon.

Sir Killalot

Sep 15, 2007
I installed the ROM myself today. Looking good!

It says Pixel 2 in About phone so i guess the issue is something else.
It does indeed, unlike the A11 version. However, that's only on the phone itself... Not the outside world and it all depends on how Google identifies your device.

So I checked: https://myaccount.google.com/device-activity
And there it is:
Screenshot_20211130-194021.png
Does this ROM identity the device as a Pixel 6 (Pro)? Then that the reason. A11 ROM has the Pixel 5 fingerprint, and that device was the last with unlimited (storage saver) upload.
So, yes it does and that's why it doesn't grant you the Storage Saver for free. Something to keep in mind before switching to this ROM.

I don't know why it needs to be a Pixel 6, but the ROM source probably just uses the highest available model even though (it seems to me that) a Pixel 5 would suffice for this device.

Last edited:

elggpxl

Nov 26, 2021
Many thanks, worked well for me this rom as daily driver with all feature i need, just waiting on the ''plus'' edition, and if there is any way to got flashlight squeeze/power when screen off could be perfect.
Just sometimes (with nova launcher the recent button dont show the recent apps)
Last thing is the SElinux enforcing is working on theses builds ?
Cheers

Proncio

Nov 27, 2021
I don't know if it's just me, but there is a huge battery drain - even without using the phone, just keeping it on, 30% a day. Moreover, when the battery reaches 20%, it turns off

elggpxl

Nov 26, 2021
I don't know if it's just me, but there is a huge battery drain - even without using the phone, just keeping it on, 30% a day. Moreover, when the battery reaches 20%, it turns off
For me there was not any problem, battery life was good same a android 11, try full reset to stock then re install the rom properly.

Murmel2k

Sep 3, 2009
Also having battery issues. Today it dropped from full to 50 % within a couple of hours. Then it got stuck at 51% for hours. Now I am charging with around 1% per 30 seconds. At least it claims that.

Also notifications arrive very unreliable and changing the wallpaper to something other than the included ones doesn't work

Murmel2k

Sep 3, 2009
Also for some reason I am not able to add VPNs. The add button in the settings is just not there

Proncio

Nov 27, 2021
The huge battery drain was due to the always on screen lock activated, deactivating it the phone lasts 24 hours (1 hour phone calls, 1 hour youtube, sending and receiving mails/sms) - not that much but better. The real issue is on the 20% behaviour: around that battery left, taking pictures, watching videos or something out of scrolling web pages turns off the phone, it does this every day, I'm using it since 2 weeks more or less

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys this project is dead?
    Updates from pixelboot,Dear all,

I am writing to you with disappointing news...
    As you all may know, I was working hard to bringing stable PixelExperience 12 to walleye and taimen.
    However due to the strict regulations of including most Google apps, I focused on finding an easy way to repartition the device.
    I have recreating a script covering both system_a and system_b to satisfy this limitation, however upon my own personal testing, this didn't go according to plan.
    I underestimated the severity of the situation and in result, I have unfortunately forced my personal walleye into EDL mode, in which us, Pixel 2 users are unable to recover from, as we lack the Qualcomm resource for a firehose.
    I am aware this is very sudden news, however I would like all of you to be careful with this risky business of repartitioning.
    As so, I am going to depart as a Pixel 2 developer as things stand as I don't feel comfortable helping a community, without owning a functional personal device.
    I am not forcing anyone upon handing over their own device in this case, but the situation remains as told above.
    I'm sorry for being irresponsible and taking the situation into my own hands, so perhaps this is my farewell to the Pixel 2 Development Community.
    I would like to thank all of you who supported me, and I am only hoping for the situation to take turns and hopefully I'll be able to get back in later on, if I manage to get hold of a device.

Regards,
    PixelBoot
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 2 [walleye]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

24/11/2021
    Changelog
    :
    • Adjusted pre-loaded system apps to prevent system crashes
    • Fixed Google Camera issues
    • Fixed Media playback issues
    Guys this project is dead?
    Updates from pixelboot,Dear all,

I am writing to you with disappointing news...
    As you all may know, I was working hard to bringing stable PixelExperience 12 to walleye and taimen.
    However due to the strict regulations of including most Google apps, I focused on finding an easy way to repartition the device.
    I have recreating a script covering both system_a and system_b to satisfy this limitation, however upon my own personal testing, this didn't go according to plan.
    I underestimated the severity of the situation and in result, I have unfortunately forced my personal walleye into EDL mode, in which us, Pixel 2 users are unable to recover from, as we lack the Qualcomm resource for a firehose.
    I am aware this is very sudden news, however I would like all of you to be careful with this risky business of repartitioning.
    As so, I am going to depart as a Pixel 2 developer as things stand as I don't feel comfortable helping a community, without owning a functional personal device.
    I am not forcing anyone upon handing over their own device in this case, but the situation remains as told above.
    I'm sorry for being irresponsible and taking the situation into my own hands, so perhaps this is my farewell to the Pixel 2 Development Community.
    I would like to thank all of you who supported me, and I am only hoping for the situation to take turns and hopefully I'll be able to get back in later on, if I manage to get hold of a device.

Regards,
    PixelBoot
    Will be testing this rom tomorrow

24/11/2021
    Changelog
    :
    • Adjusted pre-loaded system apps to prevent system crashes
    • Fixed Google Camera issues
    • Fixed Media playback issues
    Missed in beta build:

1: Glance weather on home screen
    2: home icone on lock screen
    3: face recognition on rotate screen ( i have on my pixel 5) maybe it's not support for pixel 2
    4: every single time i can see GPS small icons over status bar ( i don't know is normal or not, on my pixel 5 i don't have it)
    5 : wife calling and volte ( we didn't have it on A11 maybe we didn't get to on A12)

Otherwise everything work great thanks dev