[ROM][12.1][walleye] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

PixelBoot

Recognized Developer
NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 2 [walleye]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

Last edited:

SpeedSlash

Nov 24, 2021
Do banking apps and similar apps that require noroot work on this rom (safetynet)? I've been out of this scene since Google Nexus so I have no idea anymore. Apologize if it's a dumb question.

p_a_r_s_a7

Feb 19, 2013
Sa
Do banking apps and similar apps that require noroot work on this rom (safetynet)? I've been out of this scene since Google Nexus so I have no idea anymore. Apologize if it's a dumb question.

Safety net work fine, my Google pay work fine. But still is beta version ,
Bug:
System ui crashed every 2/3 min. And has problem with every multimedia apps like YouTube and Spotify, you can't watch video because system ui crashed

Edit screen shot from screen not work.
Aod work only one minute،
Glans weather not work.
I can't remember more.

Sonoo

Apr 1, 2012
Faisalabad
Google Pixel 6 Pro
First of all, thanks to the developer team.
I faced a couple of issues. The indicated recovery fails when wiping data. I had to use the A11 build recovery to wipe data. Then flashed the A12 recovery and sideloaded the ROM. Booted fine but it now fails when wiping data after configuration.

amarmak

Feb 11, 2012
Thanks, the A12 beta recovery failed to wipe data. I used the A11 stable recovery to wipe and sideload the A12 beta rom.

First of all, thanks to the developer team.
I faced a couple of issues. The indicated recovery fails when wiping data. I had to use the A11 build recovery to wipe data. Then flashed the A12 recovery and sideloaded the ROM. Booted fine but it now fails when wiping data after configuration.

Last edited:

amarmak

Feb 11, 2012
Just a quick question since i just bought the pixel 2 and installed my first rom (pixelexperience A12 beta) on it.

Is it possible to have the unlimited photo storage in these custom roms just like the stock rom?

p_a_r_s_a7

Feb 19, 2013
Missed in beta build:

1: Glance weather on home screen
2: home icone on lock screen
3: face recognition on rotate screen ( i have on my pixel 5) maybe it's not support for pixel 2
4: every single time i can see GPS small icons over status bar ( i don't know is normal or not, on my pixel 5 i don't have it)
5 : wife calling and volte ( we didn't have it on A11 maybe we didn't get to on A12)

Otherwise everything work great thanks dev

Reactions: RootName

Proncio

Nov 27, 2021
Followed instructions as per this, stuck at Google logo. Kindly help
Same here. I can't format anymore, it returns error. I can't do anything, actually,just see the Google logo. ADB not working anymore, even if in Advanced Config it says it's on. Guess I bricked the phone. Anything I can try? Other softwares to try and restore the phone?

Pony Express

Dec 7, 2010
737 miles from where I was
Same here. I can't format anymore, it returns error. I can't do anything, actually,just see the Google logo. ADB not working anymore, even if in Advanced Config it says it's on. Guess I bricked the phone. Anything I can try? Other softwares to try and restore the phone?
Go to this thread, post #44, Use the Pixel Flash Sauce Tool. Works for me every time.

[Discussion] Google Pixel 2 Battery Life Thread​

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 2 [walleye]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

PixelExperience - OFFICIAL | Android 12
    Updated
    : 03/04/2022

▪️ Walleye [1.49GB]

Changelog:
    • March security patch
    • Rebased over Android 12L source code
    • Updated translations
    • Added call recording support
    • Fixed biometric authentication on some apps – mainly banking apps
    • Moved to stable branch
    • SELinux set to enforcing
    • Smooth AOD transition
    • Improved device stability
    • Improved network compatibility
    • Kernel updates
    • Update vendor blobs

Disclaimer:
    • This build requires you to modify your partition table on your device in order to flash
    • Kindly read the following instructions before flashing:
    24/11/2021
    Changelog
    :
    • Adjusted pre-loaded system apps to prevent system crashes
    • Fixed Google Camera issues
    • Fixed Media playback issues
    Tried with the official instructions, but wasn't able to flash it.
    What was working for me:
    Flashed and booted twrp, adb push the repartitioning zip, then installed it with twrp, flashed and booted the PE recovery, factory reset and flashed the PE Plus zip and rebooted.
    Now it's working, no bugs so far for me! Thx!
    Tried with the official instructions, but wasn't able to flash it.
    What was working for me:
    Flashed and booted twrp, adb push the repartitioning zip, then installed it with twrp, flashed and booted the PE recovery, factory reset and flashed the PE Plus zip and rebooted.
    Now it's working, no bugs so far for me! Thx!
    I can confirm. the above. Albeit, my steps were slightly different on my Pixel2 64mb (bootloader unlocked VZW)

1.) Didn't feel the need to flash the TWRP recovery, so I just booted the TWRP recovery image

fastboot boot twrp-3.2.3-1-walleye.img

2.) ADB sideloaded the partition format from booted TWRP

adb sideload productpartition-pixel2.zip

3.) Rebooted to BOOTLOADER from TWRP and flashed the PE Recovery Image to both A and B slots

fastboot flash boot_b d:\adb\p2\PixelExperience_walleye-12.1-20220410-1801-OFFICIAL.img

fastboot flash boot_a d:\adb\p2\PixelExperience_walleye-12.1-20220410-1801-OFFICIAL.img

4.) Rebooted to PE Recovery

Factory Reset

5.) ADB Flashed PE ROM.ZIP from "Apply Update"

adb sideload d:\adb\p2\PixelExperience_walleye-12.1-20220410-1801-OFFICIAL.zip