Development [ROM] [12.1.0] [alioth/aliothin] ArrowOS 12.1 [OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
@palaych first ty for implementing keyboard fix from my earlier suggestion , idk if it's u or if it's optimization from arrow upstream but whatever all that matters is that it works now xd

Can you fix double checking of navigation gestures tho:

Toggle for double checking of gestures when in landscape mode is much much needed! Why?

imagine you using phone in landscape doing something important, painting something or playing games... You swipe to leave the app real quick , but the swipe instead of bringing you home acts as a nomal swipe ? It mssed up whatever you were doing , whatever picture you were painting or opened whatever menu inside your game... Now you can't even go back and undo any of this , to leave you have to swipe up again and leave it as is - to be fixed when you return to the app in question later.... ( In the video below you see how youtube when in portait mode exits just fine , instantly recognizes the gesture and leaves , then when in landscape mode it starts messing up... It will open it's own menu when swiping up the first time, same happens everywhere else in landscape mode and when doing any gesture whatsoever - even gesture to go back needs confirmation ! Lol then you have to swipe to go back 3 times if that first swipe to go back opened a side menu for example )

Plis fix, ty

Mr.Kri

Apr 21, 2019
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi! I used ArrowOS 11, I'd updated my phone to ArrowOS 12 (from first firmware) and used all ArrowOS 12 updates. The firmware was installed with manual on the first page. I even installed last update in ADB with (Factory reset -> Format data)... Even last my installation doesn't resolve my issue.
I found that sometimes when I trying to type a message, the keyboard (gboard) doesn't turn on at all in any application and to solve the problem I stop "gboard" service in apps menu.
Also on phone freezing video in any app (like youtube, viber, telegram, firefox) and to solve this thing I stop "speech service by google" in apps.

Could you give an advice and help((
Last thing that I would to do next its install ArrowOS12 with ADB format data and without google restore data from backup (when all apps installing on clear phone from Play market). Maybe someone can give better advice?

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hi! I used ArrowOS 11, I'd updated my phone to ArrowOS 12 (from first firmware) and used all ArrowOS 12 updates. The firmware was installed with manual on the first page. I even installed last update in ADB with (Factory reset -> Format data)... Even last my installation doesn't resolve my issue.
I found that sometimes when I trying to type a message, the keyboard (gboard) doesn't turn on at all in any application and to solve the problem I stop "gboard" service in apps menu.
Also on phone freezing video in any app (like youtube, viber, telegram, firefox) and to solve this thing I stop "speech service by google" in apps.

Could you give an advice and help((
Last thing that I would to do next its install ArrowOS12 with ADB format data and without google restore data from backup (when all apps installing on clear phone from Play market). Maybe someone can give better advice?
Try vanilla arrow with your own custom gapps , I reccomend bit gapps - All should work well , no idea about speech service tho . You'll have to install keyboard of your choice , or simply use stock it's way faster than anything else.

How to:

Format data , adb sideload arrow vanilla version , then reboot phone by holding power button to force reset , hold volume up button while resetting to get the phone to boot into recovery again ( If this fails and phone starts booting up instead of entering recovery , start all over. Wipe, etc... It must not boot before gapps are installed) , then adb sideload gapps and reboot to system

davostoff

Jul 11, 2019
Last week I flashed this ROM, I like it very much. But I have a problem, and that is that when I connect to android auto, spotify and all the audios are cut off and it is impossible to listen to music. It only happened to me with this ROM, any solution?

Chris982

Feb 24, 2020
Hello, I have reinstalled twice now. I have the problem that notifications are no longer coming from many apps such as Gmail

Calamaros

Apr 10, 2021
Good afternoon,

thanks for taking such good care of this rom and keeping it up to date @palaych

I have a question. Months ago I tried the Arrow rom on Android 11 and one of the things I liked the most was that it updated "alone" from the system itself, that is, you didn't have to flash the new updates either from TWRP or through ADB.

Then I tried other roms and now I've been very happy with Lineage for a while, which also updates "alone" from the system itself.

I would like to try Arrow again in the future and more seeing that it has been working under Android 12 for quite some time, but I have seen with surprise that this version has stopped updating from the system itself and it has to be done yes or yes through Recovery and ADB .

Do you plan to add @palaych the option to install updates from the system itself in the future?

Thank you so much for everything.

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Xiaomi Poco F3
Good afternoon,

thanks for taking such good care of this rom and keeping it up to date @palaych

I have a question. Months ago I tried the Arrow rom on Android 11 and one of the things I liked the most was that it updated "alone" from the system itself, that is, you didn't have to flash the new updates either from TWRP or through ADB.

Then I tried other roms and now I've been very happy with Lineage for a while, which also updates "alone" from the system itself.

I would like to try Arrow again in the future and more seeing that it has been working under Android 12 for quite some time, but I have seen with surprise that this version has stopped updating from the system itself and it has to be done yes or yes through Recovery and ADB .

Do you plan to add @palaych the option to install updates from the system itself in the future?

Thank you so much for everything.
What version are you on?

Only the very first arrow 12 didn't have in built updater

It's still there in the newer versions system > updater

Reactions: Calamaros

droptech75

Jan 31, 2020

Hi Guys, I am facing 2 problem on the new updates, I am with miui global 12.5.5.0. , and January 2022 update,​

1. Screen timeout sometimes doesn't work, its very annoying and strange, i tried to clean the cache but randomly its not going to sleeping mode. Even on previous update, I faced the same issue,​

2. its not a problem but , how can I disable double tap to screen off option? could not find it,​

please any suggestion???​

thanks in advance.​

Calamaros

Apr 10, 2021
What version are you on?

Only the very first arrow 12 didn't have in built updater

It's still there in the newer versions system > updater
Oh, I didn't know that updates could already be installed from the system itself.

I'm not on the Arrow rom, I was asking because in the installation and update guide, it says that you have to do it through ADB, but if you confirm that this was only in the first version of Android 12 and now it can be "automatically "From the system itself, it is one more incentive to try this rom again.

Thank you very much for your help and clarification @Rstment ^m^ ;)

Reactions: umairmalik2410

luke96

May 11, 2009

Hi Guys, I am facing 2 problem on the new updates, I am with miui global 12.5.5.0. , and January 2022 update,​

1. Screen timeout sometimes doesn't work, its very annoying and strange, i tried to clean the cache but randomly its not going to sleeping mode. Even on previous update, I faced the same issue,​

2. its not a problem but , how can I disable double tap to screen off option? could not find it,​

please any suggestion???​

thanks in advance.​

1. I guess, It might be caused by some app. I have the same with one shopping app, when it is not properly closed (same on arrow A11).
2. In gestures

Reactions: droptech75

droptech75

Jan 31, 2020
1. I guess, It might be caused by some app. I have the same with one shopping app, when it is not properly closed (same on arrow A11).
2. In gestures
Appreciate your reply.

1. Would you specify how did you get rid of that issue? any specific apps that helped you ?
2. in gesture, there is a option called " TAP to sleep " , i disabled that option , but still I can turn off the screen by double tapping on the screen. No Luck. any other ideas?

Thanks again.

luke96

May 11, 2009
Appreciate your reply.

1. Would you specify how did you get rid of that issue? any specific apps that helped you ?
2. in gesture, there is a option called " TAP to sleep " , i disabled that option , but still I can turn off the screen by double tapping on the screen. No Luck. any other ideas?

Thanks again.
1. I found, that app on background doesn't allow screen off. Just go to recent app and close it.
2. You're right. Try Display - lockscreen - Double tap to sleep on lockscreen.

Reactions: droptech75

droptech75

Jan 31, 2020
1. I found, that app on background doesn't allow screen off. Just go to recent app and close it.
2. You're right. Try Display - lockscreen - Double tap to sleep on lockscreen.
Again thanks and much appreciate for your quick response,

1. Very weird, on settings can not find recent apps option lol. sounds funny but its true, try yourself. It showing only all apps or default apps.
2. Again, not luck , tried it. still double tapping turning off the screen.

luke96

May 11, 2009
1. I meant recent apps running on background, not in settings.
2. It is in the default launcher. So it might not be possible to switch off. I use nova launcher.

Top Liked Posts