[ROM] [13.0] [Dragon] Pixel Experience Plus [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

michie

Apr 15, 2007
Hasselt
I will upload a new build based on Android 12.1 (12L) this week. Spent a lot of time on this update :)

Changelog:

Kernel:
- Built with Linaro toolchain
- Ported PM Quality Of Service Interface
- Ported Tegra (Shield) Cpufreq driver
- Ported Tegra (Shield) Cpuquiet driver
- Ported Tegra (Shield) Power driver
- Ported Tegra (Shield) CF touch boost driver

Device:
- Ported Shield Power HAL (Fixed CPU UI composition performance)
- Ported Shield Light HAL (More features for LED Bar, Fixed auto brightness)
- Ported Shield Power Hint Service
- Switched to HWC2
- Enabled Night-Light

Camera is not fixed yet.

Edit: Build will be delayed a bit. The new 12L taskbar is buggy...

Edit 2: New build is up! Taskbar is still buggy but its not a device specific problem, will be fixed.

Last edited:

ndrs81

Apr 3, 2022
Thanks for the work on the Pixel C! Because of the solid magnetic keyboard it's still my favourite tablet.

Apart from the Taskbar I noticed the light bar on the back of the tablet being funky and flashing in a random speed pattern (Google colors). Bit annoying in a dark room. :D

michie

Apr 15, 2007
Hasselt
Thanks for the work on the Pixel C! Because of the solid magnetic keyboard it's still my favourite tablet.

Apart from the Taskbar I noticed the light bar on the back of the tablet being funky and flashing in a random speed pattern (Google colors). Bit annoying in a dark room. :D

Thanks for your feedback. Does this happen when the tablet is in use or sleeping?

ndrs81

Apr 3, 2022
Thanks for your feedback. Does this happen when the tablet is in use or sleeping?
It's constantly on when in use and flashing when sleeping. When off, it's off. :D

Battery level indicator still works. After a reboot, google colors are solid on at the moment no matter if awake or standby.

Edit: After a few minutes is back to flashing when in standby.

Last edited:

ndrs81

Apr 3, 2022
noticed another slight problem. on my magnetic keyboard (german, qwertz) few keys are mapped to wrong keys. It should be ü but it's ´ and some of the alt gr functions are not doing anything. like for * i have to press alt gr + p which does nothing. # is alt gr + ä but that does nothing either.

most keys do have the correct functions but ö, ä and p do not have their alt gr mappings and ü isn't correct either way, alt gr or not.

Reactions: Dias2001

locuturus

Back to this tablet after a break. My original one had a slowly dying screen which finished dying and I was not ready to OEM unlock the backup tablet until last night. Funny enough I have put this thing to use with stock Oreo more than I expected to. Mostly as a backup media player for my partner's restaurant. Oreo is still pretty good overall, albeit plagued by low battery CPU throttling. But it's back in my hands to play with! Here is my 1 min review:
  • I'm looking forward to taskbar fixes, I can already see the potential behind the design.
  • I miss my keyboard shortcuts. Most of them have stopped working, even basic Android ones are broken: for example search + enter = home, except here it just calls up the Assistant. Ditto with search + backspace (should be back, calls Assistant). Pixel C keyboard specific AltGr combos seem to all be broken as well.
  • If 3.5mm is connected, but playback stops, and the screen is off then there will be one or several pops in sequence. Can also get it to pop by pressing the power button to turn on the screen. Would be annoying if connected to a stereo...
  • The usual (codecs, camera, not enough RAM, blah blah)
  • Took more effort than ususal to get the real Files app into the launcher. SMH Google, your Files app is a joke on a tablet.
  • Love where it's going!
  • EDIT: forgot to mention the search function is missing in the Settings
Cheers

Dias2001

Jan 6, 2012
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
Hello,
Would like to thank you for supporting the device.
I have been using your ROM since day 1, but on the latest release (PixelExperience_Plus_dragon-12.1-20220412-0540-UNOFFICIAL) experiencing the following issue:
Settings --> Apps --> <Any App> --> it takes me a page back

I flashed the ROM using the latest acceptable TWRP for "Pixel C" over your previous provided ROM (PixelExperience_dragon-12.1-20220323-1835-UNOFFICIAL).

Is it only me experiencing this or other as well?

Sgt_Shadow3600

Mar 31, 2022
I'm experiencing the same issue after flashing to the newest build.

It's wonderful being able to use the pixel c on latest build of Android.

Edit after more testing play store does not work either.

Last edited:

michie

Apr 15, 2007
Hasselt
I can reproduce the bug on the apps page. This is a PE problem so we will need to wait for them to fix it. Play store works for me. Can you try wiping cache in twrp?

Dias2001

Jan 6, 2012
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5
Play store crashes as well and can not access it (does not open), as said by sgt_shadow
Did the format cache via TWRP, but to no avail.
Was able to clear data and cache from play store app as well, but still nothing.

Settings -> Storage -> Apps -> <any app> clear cache & data.

locuturus

Can someone try backing up data and do a clean flash?
Mine is on a clean flash of your previous release. I'm afraid I won't be able to clean flash this current release for a few more days. Wouldn't you know it, my Pixel C has been recruited again for music duty 😔 It has to remain as stable as it already is until the dedicated music tablet is repaired... again...

As an aside: for anyone considering a Nokia T20 tablet I can say it's a fine budget tablet and has a 3.5mm jack + FM radio tuner (perfect for our low cost restaurant music setup) but I've had 2 of them develop fatal charging system flaws within 6 months. So maybe not very reliable... I surely do hate to leave my Pixel C charging 24 hours a day but that's life for any business tablet unfortunately.

benglim

Jul 16, 2013
I did a full/factory reset.

1. There is no Play Store app.
2. The app info problem is still there. Just returns to app.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience Plus for Pixel C [Dragon]

What is this?

Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies
    (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 13.0

Known issues

Camera
    Webview based browsers won't play videos
    Use a browser like firefox as a workaround (SW Codecs)
    SELinux is permissive

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download

XDA evDB Information
    PixelExperience Plus 13.0, ROM for the Pixel C

Contributors

@michie

Source Code:
    https://github.com/ThaMichie

ROM OS Version: Android 13.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Build with this months security patch will be delayed. I'm rebuilding the entire dragon device tree from scratch and implementing shield stuff.

Upcoming build will be stable PE11.
    Android 12 build is up!
    I will upload a new build based on Android 12.1 (12L) this week. Spent a lot of time on this update :)

Changelog:

Kernel:
    - Built with Linaro toolchain
    - Ported PM Quality Of Service Interface
    - Ported Tegra (Shield) Cpufreq driver
    - Ported Tegra (Shield) Cpuquiet driver
    - Ported Tegra (Shield) Power driver
    - Ported Tegra (Shield) CF touch boost driver

Device:
    - Ported Shield Power HAL (Fixed CPU UI composition performance)
    - Ported Shield Light HAL (More features for LED Bar, Fixed auto brightness)
    - Ported Shield Power Hint Service
    - Switched to HWC2
    - Enabled Night-Light

Camera is not fixed yet.

Edit: Build will be delayed a bit. The new 12L taskbar is buggy...

Edit 2: New build is up! Taskbar is still buggy but its not a device specific problem, will be fixed.
    It's a slow proces but ill make a build with the old tree anyway of their stable branch in the coming days

Edit: New build is up