[ROM][12.1.0][Hima] Android Ice Cold Project 17.1 [Official]

Search This thread

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
A12 is still a bit buggy on hima, and some of the calling functionality (IMS and VoLTE) isn't working yet, which is key for people in the U.S. in 2023. There's hope we may get that to work on hima, which could open up future interest. (And I know that various people internationally are still fine without VoLTE). Just have to wait and see.
I'm happy to report that the Aug 16th build booted successfully 😊
Thank you claymore1297
@riddell , have you tested yesterday's build? Curious to know if it boots for you.

hannor

Nov 30, 2015
Budapest
A12 is still a bit buggy on hima, and some of the calling functionality (IMS and VoLTE) isn't working yet, which is key for people in the U.S. in 2023. There's hope we may get that to work on hima, which could open up future interest. (And I know that various people internationally are still fine without VoLTE). Just have to wait and see.

@riddell , have you tested yesterday's build? Curious to know if it boots for you.
Altough the question was not addressed to me, I am happy to report that the 28 Aug build boots without any problem.

Reactions: mmortal03

ad2048

Jul 22, 2022
Thank you so much, but there is no OpenGapps for android 12.1, what should I download, is of android 11 will work?
Also, Is there a limitation on what variant to download from OpenGapps? I said that because there is a limitation on older device like the Samsung SP-601 that let you only download Pico variant. I don't want anything, just the normal variant that enables me to use google serveries and google play.
Thank you.

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
Thank you so much, but there is no OpenGapps for android 12.1, what should I download, is of android 11 will work?
Also, Is there a limitation on what variant to download from OpenGapps? I said that because there is a limitation on older device like the Samsung SP-601 that let you only download Pico variant. I don't want anything, just the normal variant that enables me to use google serveries and google play.
Thank you.
Try NikGapps. That's what I've used. Once you get to the NikGapps downloads, it's under the NikGapps-S folder, (S for Snow Cone, a.k.a. Android 12): https://nikgapps.com/

xcvz1215

Jul 25, 2018
hi
i instal this rom and nikigaps (omni version) and first start phone i see blue screen" welcome " with button "start". next few second phone say "reboot to recovery" and phone do it

can i do something to work with this rom ?

zamarro71

Jan 17, 2022
hola
Instalo esta rom y nikigaps (versión omni) y primero inicio el teléfono. Veo la pantalla azul "bienvenido" con el botón "iniciar". los próximos segundos el teléfono dice "reiniciar para recuperar" y el teléfono lo hace

puedo hacer algo para que funcione con esta rom?
leiste bien como se instala?,debes instalar el ultimo twrp para este celular.

userwill159

Mar 15, 2016
Mostly good with a few minor issues

When that picture function display error at the same time double-touch-wake function doesn't work

WiFi Hotspot function doesn't work

and I have use Netguard VPN Firewall when I use this app network doesn't work ,
by the way cpu load is heavy

Could I ask one question?
Does M9 developers have any plan to upgrade kernel software?
That is crazy....so I just saying,
and feel free enjoy your work project.

Sincerely

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221123-191740_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20221123-191740_Settings.png
    101 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

cjoliver

Aug 3, 2009
Pretoria
@AICPteam.

Thanks for a great ROM. Took my old M9 out the cupboard and would never have believe it would be running Android 12.

I have a question, with the CPU info overlay, it looks like the CPU never scales over 1.3Gh, where would I change the scaling settings, or which app can I use to change it.

Thanks a lot.

HTCCM11/2

Mar 13, 2016
Hi, I have M9 and a few big problems with this Rom - Post in thread '[ROM][8.1.0][Himaul] Android Ice Cold Project 13.1 [Official weeklies]' https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-8-1-0-h...-13-1-official-weeklies.3782982/post-87885879 .

I reinstalled twrp and format, wipe phone and reinstalling ROM and Gapps but when rebooting
phone in first panel language choice the screen started blinking - turning off and on, after that the launcher selection appeared for a second and the screen went dark, new I could do nothing. Reboot to TWRP and after the format I restored the backup. Bootloop, the phone boots in a loop on a white screen with the HTC logo and reboots.
How can I fix this and get my phone back to normal?

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
@HTCCM11/2, I believe I've experienced this boot loop issue before. You should try reflashing TWRP, but if that doesn't help, you may need to just go back to stock by installing the RUU that is applicable to your phone variant. Doing this won't remove your bootloader unlock, so you'll be able to install TWRP again afterwards.

HTCCM11/2

Mar 13, 2016
Thanks for your help. It's really hard bootloop and I writed error screenshot in the link post earlier FTM Mode on entire system.
Now is reflashed by TWRP and trying restore backup AICP 11 Hima (is buggy updated from 11 to 12.1 ) .
Few moments before restored backup I've been trying flashing again v.12 bit can't run the system after boot .
What now and how restore fully normal working phone . Now I have non stop booting sequence and can't run system.
When I can find new stock original RUU HTC and jak how to keep TWRP and can i later correctly flashing v.12 or v.11 ?

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
After getting it back to stock with the RUU, it's possible you'll then be able to install AICP fresh, and then restore the backup. Which HTC One M9 variant do you have? Is it the AT&T, the Verizon, the T-Mobile, or an International version? Based on that, you can track down the right RUU to download.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS) we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and we was based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.
    For Android 11 we are now full AOSP-based.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
    */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning we would like to thank:

GZOSP team
    LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    @maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    SlimRoms team
    Resurrection Remix team
    Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @zipsnet
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @eboye
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build nightlies/weeklies and everything that comes with it, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Download-Links:
    ROM: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
    TWRP: https://dl.twrp.me/hima/

Please note that official builds will be deleted from our servers every month due to maintenance services.
    We advise everyone to keep at least the latest or best working build on their device as a backup.
    Maybe copy it to a cloud service or USB too.

changelog.png

issues.png

What's working
    -wifi
    -mobile data
    -camera
    -bluetooth
    -NFC
    -audio
    -GPS
    -mobile data signal strength

What's not working
    You tell us!

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
    A. No. You can still use them, but discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Why doesn't this ROM support Xposed?
    A. Xposed is a hack that is geared towards AOSP. Custom ROMs modify the framework a lot, so Xposed can cause a ton of issues on custom ROMs. Now it might work for you, however it is not to be discussed in this thread, and you should refrain from posting bug reports.

Q. Alright, but I still want to flash Xposed, so which version do I need to install?
    A. Xposed is not yet released for Pie, however you can try to use edxposed .

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, however make a nandroid backup first as there is a chance of getting a bootloop or encountering bugs. Also bugs may only be reported on a clean flash.

Q. How do I 'dirty flash' builds?
    A. Wipe the System, Cache and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to preform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to loose root and reboot.
    A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to loose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterwards.

Using the ROM:

Q. I installed a bad theme and now I'm getting a bootloop, how do I fix it?
    A. In TWRP, flash the substratum rescue zip that's in the substratum folder on the internal storage.

Q. I'm having issues with WhatsApp, how do I fix it?
    A. Read this

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. and do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section in the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android 11. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM Zipfile.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)

1. Download the ROM and GApps and transfer them to your device.
    2. Boot to recovery (TWRP recommended).
    3. Wipe the System, Cache, and Data (you might need to format the data partition!).
    4. Flash the ROM Zipfile.
    5. Flash the GApps (optional, needed for e.g. Google Playstore to work).
    6. Reboot and set up your device, enable developer settings and in them OEM unlock/Advanced reboot/USB tethering.
    7. Reboot back into TWRP recovery.
    8. Flash the root solution of your choice (optional).
    9. Reboot your device.
    The procedure may vary from device to device and is a bit different on system updates!

The ROM has GApps persistence in between dirty flashes, so you only have to flash them once! This might differ on AvB Devices.

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk canary

PREREQUISITE FOR OTA ("Over-The-Air" Updates):
    TWRP recovery is needed to be able to flash using the built-in OTA app.
    Please make sure that you are on the latest TWRP recovery, keep in mind that this could also be an unofficial version!
    On encrypted devices you will have to enter your PIN/password in TWRP before the process starts.

If you want to contribute to AICP, or want see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

sources.png

Kernel source:
    Device tree source:

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP's Homepage
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP sources on Github
    AICP Download page for official builds and media content
    AICP Discord Community

AICP Telegram channel for server notifications on official builds

Contributors:[/B]
    @Claymore1297
    @k4y0z
    @eyosen

Special thanks go to:[/B]
    @tarkzim

The following information is ONLY needed if you are not opening up a devdb thread on XDA!
    ROM OS Version: 12.1 Android 12
    Kernel: Linux 3.10.108

Requirements
    HTC Firmware: 4.x
    TWRP: 3.4.0

Version Information:
    BETA
    Release Date: 08-02-2022

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AICP 17.0, ROM for the HTC One (M9)

Contributors
    Claymore1297, eyosen, k4y0z
    ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Alpha

Created 2022-02-08
    Last Updated 2022-07-13
    #### New build is up!! ####

the build is containing mainly the following:
    -more AICP stuff

Enjoy!
    Bootet again. Will trigger tomorrow a build.
    build started. it will be available is some hours.
    build are currently permissive, so no need to report!
    #### New build is up!! ####

the build is containing mainly the following:
    -april ASB's
    -last AICP fixes

Enjoy!