[ROM][12.1/11][UNOFFICIAL][redfin] crDroid v8.9/v7.25

Search This thread

andybones

Forum Moderator
Staff member
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
I have better battery life (at least on idle) but there were many weird things on A11 for me (this was the reason I've built and updated to A12 in the first place).
On crdroid A11, and actually stick A11 come to think of it, I'd get sick in such a bootloop where I was forced to do a factory reset. Nothing could fix it. I'd like everything that wasn't backed up.
Until TWRP. That would at least allow me to get my files, but all my way app data was gone.
This would happen at least once a month, it was horrible.
So far haven't had it happen on stock A12, or crdroid A12

hunfatal

Nov 10, 2011
Budapest
OnePlus X
Google Pixel 5
On crdroid A11, and actually stick A11 come to think of it, I'd get sick in such a bootloop where I was forced to do a factory reset. Nothing could fix it. I'd like everything that wasn't backed up.
Until TWRP. That would at least allow me to get my files, but all my way app data was gone.
This would happen at least once a month, it was horrible.
So far haven't had it happen on stock A12, or crdroid A12
Strange, this never happened to me. I had some minor issues which drove me nuts, like I couldn't switch tracks on Android Auto from the wheel buttons on my car and stuff like this.

i wasnt trying to be ungreatful im deeply thankful for crdroid on pixel 5 thx
I didn't think you was ungrateful :) No problem. :)

Reactions: ghost9640

ChillerMarvin

Jul 10, 2013
Hi i am unable to open my banking app YAP as it shows below error

Any idea..thanks
Do you use magisk? If so, did you put your banking app on the deny list? (haven't read logs btw)

BTW does anyone have issues with the Google Photos app? No matter what I do, I can't use it to edit photos. Deleted app data anc cache multiple times, uninstalled the updates from Google play, nothing helps.

faisus9

May 31, 2021
Google Pixel 5
Do you use magisk? If so, did you put your banking app on the deny list? (haven't read logs btw)

BTW does anyone have issues with the Google Photos app? No matter what I do, I can't use it to edit photos. Deleted app data anc cache multiple times, uninstalled the updates from Google play, nothing helps.
Yea i use magisk and have put it in the category of deny list..

hunfatal

Nov 10, 2011
Budapest
OnePlus X
Google Pixel 5
Good evening @hunfatal

I have there times 2 questions for you.
1. do you continue A11, even if the A12 is now there?
2. can you use TWRP as recovery with your rom?

Greetings
I have plans to build both (until there are updates for A11), but as you can see from the dates, I'm not exactly having time unfortunately. :( This is the reason that I've kept the A11 version number in the title.

The old version of TWRP was weird, sometimes it didn't even boot. I haven't tried the latest version.

Patjutzu

Aug 3, 2013
Berlin
OnePlus 8T
Hello @hunfatal
It's not so bad if your updates take a while, as long as they come at all I'm very happily grateful for them.

With the new TWRP is that when you put it on the system no longer boots up and is in a continuous loop in recovery.

Oh and I noticed 2 things that are missing image contrast to my oneplus 8T
Smart Charging where you can set the maximum charging time.
And the button to exit all apps in memory with one button does not work or missing.

Last edited:
Reactions: andybones

Patjutzu

Aug 3, 2013
Berlin
OnePlus 8T
Sorry I have to add something I noticed, please don't be mad at me, but in the end it helps us all when things are found that don't work as they should. :)
With good luck these errors are only with me :))))

The googel gapps you use in rom crashes on me when I try to assign a notification sound via WhatsApp.

Could not you just build a vanilla version in the case, where you can then install yourself, for example, MindTheGapps or just build a version with the MindTheGapps?
So sorry again, but since I now have a Pixel 5, I am much testing and trying :)

Last edited:

dsastr

Dec 31, 2010

would anyone of you do me a favor and check if the google photos edit feature works?
i can't get it to work :(

Same for me, on v8.9 (12.1-20220911). When I tap 'edit' in Photos, I only get a spinning wheel. I fixed it for a while by uninstalling the Photos app updates and not allowing updates, but now even that is failing.

I also cannot Copy text in certain apps, such as any any browser apps... I can highlight text but the 'copy / etc.' menu does not pop up.

I did another clean flash of the 12.1 ROM but it still has the same issues.

Someone mentioned they think there's an issue with the bundled Gapps, which I think might be the case. Hopefully someone can offer a fix, or a new version comes out without the issues.

Until then, I'll go back to the Android 11 version :)

Reactions: ChillerMarvin

hunfatal

Nov 10, 2011
Budapest
OnePlus X
Google Pixel 5
@hunfatal
Anyway you can release a patch to fix volte on this a12 version?

Many thanks!

VoLTE is working with the same magisk module as it was on A11.

I will try to replace gapps with a different package, but I don't know when I will have time. Also it's possible that it will need complete reflash as a different gapps package and an already installed system can ruin some things, but I need to test this.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Or perhaps would I need to run one or more additional steps?
    I now have crDroid A11 (7.25). The instructions indicate that crDroid A11 should be installed on stock A11, crDroid A12 on stock A12 and downgrade as well. I did not install CrDroid A12, only crDroid A13 v9 on stock A13 .TWRP I did not install, backup applications and their data did in Swift Bakup (root is needed for data backup), contacts in vcf format. From crDroid A13 v9 switched to v7.25 via stock A11. It turns out that each OS version has its own versions of bootloaders and other partitions. ( Google Translate )
    Thank you for explaining.

So if I understand correctly, once I install A12 or A13, I can't even install TWRP again, not even via fastboot boot [TWRP 3.7.0_11-0 img file] ... correct?

In that case, I now understand that none of the rest of what I described above would work.

So, I guess I would have to stick with taking backups with SwiftBackup and/or other sources, and then if downgrading, I'd have to re-flash from stock and install those backups.

Oh ... wait! If I reflash stock A11 as the first step of the downgrade, then I could probably indeed follow my steps A through F ... correct?

Also ... this raises a different question for me: what is your reason for downgrading back to v7.25 after trying v9? Were there issues with v9?

Thank you again!
    TWRP is installed on any firmware from A11 and A12, not yet on A13. If you make a full backup of the 7.25 firmware in TWRP, then after v8.9, I think you first need to boot into the 7.25 system and then install the 7.25 data backup, but this needs to be checked. A backup swift can be installed on any firmware. In v9 when installing magisk failed to boot into the system again and rolled back to 7.25. Back in v9 at rest, all processor cores run at maximum frequency.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:

Flashing Instructions:

Information:
    • This ROM uses source built kernel, kernel modules, boot kernel modules (vendor_boot) and vendor image.
    • This ROM bundles the latest firmware so you don't have to worry about updating firmware beforehand.
    • Gapps included
    • Magisk for root (after first boot) - (Download from here)

Installation:

crDroid v7

• Back up anything you want to keep from your internal storage, because Formatting the data in the recovery formats the internal storage
    • Download the latest recovery image and rom zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash boot crDroidAndroid-11.0-xxxxxxxx-redfin-signed-v7.xx-boot.img
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format data
    • Sideload crDroid zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Sideload the addons
    • Reboot
    crDroid v8
    • Back up anything you want to keep from your internal storage, because Formatting the data in the recovery formats the internal storage
    • For the first install, Android 12 firmware is required from the latest stock ROM
    • Download the latest stock Lineage recovery image and rom zip
    • Boot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash vendor_boot crDroidAndroid-12.1-xxxxxxxx-redfin-signed-v8.xx-vendor_boot.img
    • Boot to Lineage recovery (comes with flashing vendor_boot)
    • Format data
    • Sideload crDroid zip
    • Optionally flash any addons:
      • Advanced > Reboot to recovery
      • Sideload the addons
    • Reboot

Sources:

Download:

Known issues:
    • crDroid v7 (Android 11)
      • Bootloop after changing fonts/theme in the settings
    • crDroid v8 (Android 12)
      • None

Contributors:
    Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help crDroid team pay server costs
    ROM updated to v7.20 with the latest upstream changes. I've disabled smart charging in this version because it's not working.

I've also prepared the build (kinda) for A12/crDroid v8, but I don't have time to try it, hopefully I can try it and release it in the next month.
    Update for crDroid 7.13 available to download.

Happy New Year for everyone!
    Changelog for crDroid v8

2022-09-12
    - Initial release

Changelog for crDroid v7

2021-11-08
    - Latest upstream crDroid and LineageOS changes

2022-01-01

2022-03-13

2022-04-15

2022-05-20

2022-07-31
    - Smart Charging disabled due to issues

2022-08-25

2022-12-24
    Hey man this ROM has been extremely solid. A small issue here or there but nothing too bad by any means. Thank you again for building, and sharing.
    If you do decide to possibly build another ROM, I humbly suggest AICP.
    I have the latest running on my HTC One M8 and it has some really cool features!
    Don't take this as me not being grateful for this ROM though, it really is nearly perfecto.
    I just love variety and trying the different ROMs.
    The inclusion of PixelGapps and more specifically the Pixel launcher really does help to make this so close to stock but with an enormous amount of customization.
    AICP is in my plans. I want to try it out myself, we will see. :)