[ROM][12.1][clover] LineageOS 19 for Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread
Sep 19, 2019
I formatted my data and then flashed this rom with gapps but I am stuck in a bootloop that goes from restarting the device to booting Lineage and then repeat. I am using the latest TWRP for Clover. What do I need to do?

EDIT: Solved, I needed to reboot after formatting data, then flash the rom. Maybe that should be added to the instruction? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jobzsparrow

Scea17

May 29, 2022
Rom seams to work fine, i havent found any bugs. Do to Android 12 not being able to be encrypted, getting boot loop when trying and need to reinstall rom, is there any way we can encrypt the device or any other way we can safequard the data? Thanks for the rom.

cougar11

Sep 26, 2010
anyone have an issue where some apps close after 5-10 seconds after opening? any fix?

kyasu

Sep 23, 2012
Tokyo
Rom seams to work fine, i havent found any bugs. Do to Android 12 not being able to be encrypted, getting boot loop when trying and need to reinstall rom, is there any way we can encrypt the device or any other way we can safequard the data? Thanks for the rom.
This ROM supports FDE (full disk encryption) not FBE (file based encryption). You can encrypt the data by Security>Encryption&credentials>Encrypt tablet.

Reactions: senseii

donny101

Sep 17, 2008
St Louis
Cant add Apps from appdrawer to homescreen
Whats the Problem?
I noticed the same issue,
My work around is you have to drag the app to the bottom bar/ nav bar, then you can move it to the home screen.

# long press and drag it down, then drag it up without letting go and you can add it to the home screen #

Dragging up like old versions of the home screen doesn't move the apps

Reactions: carisma2001

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I uploaded the new build (lineage-19.1-20220911-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip).
    Android security update date is 2022-09-05.
    Perhaps you shoud reinstall the rom and uncheck the lineage os choice for recovery which is offer at install process . they retry install twrp ....perhaps ...
    Thanks for the tip 👍🏻

I'm just waiting for a new usb 2.0 hub as I've just used ADB & Fastboot commands to unlock another Nexus 7 I have and then I installed TWRP and a custom ROM with no issues at all. Having finally got my drivers right by using 15 Seconds ADB Installer and using Minimal ADB & Fastboot Toolkit I think the last piece of the jigsaw is a new hub and maybe trying it on an old PC.

If that doesn't work I'll follow your suggestion.

Thanks again

Edit: Got there finally using the tools above and a new USB 2.0 hub. I've done a factory reset to stop TWRP being replaced by the Lineage recovery.

Thanks again to @GregEden for his support and encouragement 👍🏻
    Many Thx to kyasu for LOS ....works great on clover....😉👍
    Hi, I have a new, more serious issue. I had TWRP yesterday but now I have Lineage recovery. I'm trying to reinstall TWRP using ADB but although it recognises my device when I enter fastboot mode and out in fastboot flash recovery {package name} I get the waiting for device message.

Can anyone advise how I can get round this issue?

Thanks

Edit: I think this might be a driver issue in SDK Tools so I will try that first
    To stop Lineage overwriting TWRP you will find as part of the set up there is a screen with a box to select or deselect installing Lineage Recovery. So when you get back to that point be aware and careful that it is not selected.

Secondly I have always found ADB on a MiPad4 always works better through a USB2 connection. If you have an old USB2 hub you can run it through that. USB3 is very hit and miss.

Fastboot Install Method (No Root Required):
    You will need the platform-tools from the Android SDK on your computer. Download the platform-tools as per your operating system.

Windows users will need proper drivers installed on their computer. You can try the simple FWUL adb/fastboot ISO or the Naked ADB drivers or the Universal ADB drivers if you don't already have a working driver installed

On your device, go into Settings -> About and find the Build Number and tap on it 7 times to enable developer settings. Press back and go into Developer Options and enable USB debugging. From your computer, open a command prompt and type:

adb reboot bootloader

You should now be in fastboot mode.

Download the correct image file and copy the file into the same folder as your platform-tools. Rename the image to twrp.img and type:

fastboot flash recovery twrp.img

fastboot reboot

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

This is an unofficial LineageOS 19 build for the Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 (clover).

Known Issues
    • Please tell me
    Instructions
    1. Boot to TWRP recovery (Vol UP + Power)
    2. Format Data (backup sdcard before format) if MIUI was previously installed
    3. Flash ROM (lineage-*.zip)
    4. Flash Gapps (MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64 is recommended)
    5. Reboot
    Enjoy!

NOTES
    • Safetynet can pass on this ROM (without magisk).
    Downloads
    All: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=327361
    LineageOS 19: lineage-19.1-20220911-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip

Sources
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_device_xiaomi_sdm660-common
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_device_xiaomi_clover
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm660
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_vendor_xiaomi_sdm660-common
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_vendor_xiaomi_clover

Contributors
    LineageOS team, kyasu

ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4
    Based On: LineageOS

Created 2022-04-02
    Last Updated 2022-09-11
    I uploaded the new build (lineage-19.1-20220525-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip) which support f2fs data partition.
    I uploaded the new build (lineage-19.1-20220806-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip).
    Android security update date is 2022-08-05.
    I uploaded the new build (Android security update date is 2022-05-05).
    I uploaded the new build (lineage-19.1-20220710-UNOFFICIAL-clover.zip).
    Android security update date is 2022-07-05.