[ROM][12.1][clover] LineageOS 19 for Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

ericcostes

Nov 18, 2011
Versailles
You need to flash TWRP via PC, LOS does not support recovery flash as far as I know. Then enter TWRP and flash via TWRP the TWRP recovery again, as described in the trail here before. Maybe you could tell us, if you were able to flash via PC successfully, again there should be a message after the fastboot command, otherwise your device is not correctly mounted
After deselescting los recoveri inside the rom I flashed twrp via pc with fastboot command, with no error .
Here is the problem : I cannot enter this first twrp to reflash as you said because the system enter in LOS recovery again ! ( +/- button or launched with the rom menu ).
?
If my device isnt correctly mounted what can I do please ?

thanks a lot for your help

selcukv

May 7, 2014
After deselescting los recoveri inside the rom I flashed twrp via pc with fastboot command, with no error .
Here is the problem : I cannot enter this first twrp to reflash as you said because the system enter in LOS recovery again ! ( +/- button or launched with the rom menu ).
?
If my device isnt correctly mounted what can I do please ?

thanks a lot for your help

So it means it has NOT flashed correctly.

You need to find a detailed proper guide to flash TWRP on recovery partion. Afterwards you can flash custom ROMs.

Reactions: ericcostes

ericcostes

Nov 18, 2011
Versailles
I follow your advise ... and found a nice tuto where it is said in my case I must presse combo keys just after final fastboot reboot , to prevent los recovery to override my twrp installation ...
so I could reboot the rom and when rebooting recovery now I get twrp (y)
here is the text :
  1. Type the following command and hit Enter: adb reboot bootloader
  2. The above command will boot your device into fastboot mode. Now type the following command to install TWRP : fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
  3. Now type the following command to reboot your device: fastboot reboot
  4. Press the default key combo for your device for booting into Recovery mode.
Please note that many devices will replace your custom recovery automatically during first boot. To prevent this, use Google to find the proper key combo to enter recovery. After typing fastboot reboot, hold the key combo and boot to TWRP. Once TWRP is booted, TWRP will patch the stock ROM to prevent the stock ROM from replacing TWRP. If you don’t follow this step, you will have to repeat the installation process.

:oops:
Many thanks for your help !!!

:cowboy:

dsahai

Nov 26, 2016
Hit a bug on my device where video doesn't play smoothly at all if Bluetooth earphones are connected with aptx enabled. If I disable aptx, video plays fine.

James156

Oct 17, 2008
Nice ROM to as of now..been using this for two days..everything looking good..
I'm using it for my MIPAD 4 WiFi only. The only bug I found is the Bluetooth connection..I'm unable to use Bluetooth pairing with other devices like my tws or keyboard, as it auto turn off and on every time..anyone facing the same?
I found that bluetooth audio was still an issue in the latest version (2022-05-06). I followed the advice in the

[ROM][10.x][OFFICIAL] CarbonROM | cr-8.0 [clover /MI PAD 4]

thread which recommended disabling ad2dp hardware offload in the developer options. This worked for me and stopped bluetooth constantly dying.

I noticed on my older MiPad 4 with Linage 17.1 still installed that this option is disabled and greyed out by default.

zyhk

May 9, 2020
I found that bluetooth audio was still an issue in the latest version (2022-05-06). I followed the advice in the

[ROM][10.x][OFFICIAL] CarbonROM | cr-8.0 [clover /MI PAD 4]

thread which recommended disabling ad2dp hardware offload in the developer options. This worked for me and stopped bluetooth constantly dying.

I noticed on my older MiPad 4 with Linage 17.1 still installed that this option is disabled and greyed out by default.
I remembered a serious issue (kernel crashing) at that time about a2dp hardware offload. Since then SDM660 devs. had disabled a2dp hardware offloading till A11.

There is no sense to use a2dp offloading. It forces to resample twice for usual 44.1kHz music on bluetooth earphones (codec: SBC & AAC & LDAC; 44.1kHz -> 48kHz -> 44.1kHz (or 96kHz)) and once on ones with other codecs (codec: aptX & aptX HD; 44.1kHz -> 48kHz) while no resampling (44.1kHz -> 44.1kHz) unless using a2dp offloading.

GOllOG

Dec 13, 2020
Good day. I have installed latest ROM, not without problems, but now I can not place apps thumbnails to the desktop. I placed some right after ROM's installation and later I cannot do it. Did anyone face such issue?

ericcostes

Nov 18, 2011
Versailles
Hello Guys :)
I got another mipad4 wifi , unlocked, with los17.1 installed and twrp 3.3.1-0, all works perfertly .
I tried to move to this nice 19 rom , installation was easy with twrp but when starting the los circular logo never finsih : after 2 mn the devices reboot to this sequence indefinitly( bootloop ).
my steps :
- i checked my partitions : data and cache are f2fs, sys and vendor are ext4
- I formated data
- I wiped all : cache, davlink ,data, system, internal,vendor
- I flashed rom.zip, no error msg, and reboot

So that I dont understand what I can do more :rolleyes:
:(

please help, son ideas ?

regards,
Eric

selcukv

May 7, 2014
I got another mipad4 wifi , unlocked, with los17.1 installed and twrp 3.3.1-0, all works perfertly .
I tried to move to this nice 19 rom , installation was easy with twrp but when starting the los circular logo never finsih : after 2 mn the devices reboot to this sequence indefinitly( bootloop ).
my steps :
- I formated data

please help, son ideas ?

regards,
Eric
You may try with the latest TWRP and make sure the zip files are not corrupt.

kyasu

Sep 23, 2012
Tokyo
my steps :
- I formated data

please help, son ideas ?

regards,
Eric
This rom currently doesn't support f2fs data partition.

ericcostes

Nov 18, 2011
Versailles
You may try with the latest TWRP and make sure the zip files are not corrupt.
You are right ! :)
I loaded a newer twrp and my problem is resolved, thanks a lot (y):cowboy:

but ... it wasnt so direct ...
coming from V 3310 , I tried install the lastest V 36190 : when reboot I was sticked on the first twrp screen, impossible to load the los rom.

so that I had the idea to try an older twrp V 3400 > success ! I could reboot twrp and flash the los 19 rom !
dont ask me why this one could success, I feel this is a crypto authorization problem but not sure.

Finally I Flashed the V 36090 ( not the very last one ) without any problem, and stopped here , probably the last one V36190 can work now .

So now very happy to have my clover fully oprationnal, this device merits the devs efforts thanks for there nice works (y)(y)(y)(y)

Top Liked Posts