[ROM][12.1][coral] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread
First, I really appreciate your response.

So let me go straight to my concern.
Facts:
1. I really love Google Pixel phone especially its OS and I own one which is Pixel 4XL.
2. I live in Cambodia which Google Pixel Phone store never officially launched in. That's the reason it's not listed on network carrier and that's why I can't use features like wifi calling & Volte it's supported from Carrier end (According to Google Pixel team in https://support.google.com/pixelphone/thread/117202259/enable-volte?hl=en thread).
3. I found a thread ( https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/activate-volte-on-pixel-4xl-android-11-r.4163217/ ) which show how to enable VoLTE on Pixel 4XL with android 11 which cannot use VoLTE feature by using Magisk module to update/replace a configuration file which taken from mbns-mi9t.zip. I have tried with this method but it does not work because I could not file a list of carries in my country in mbns-mi9t.zip.

Subject:
1. I really don't know how far your team can go but I wonder if your team could configure/fix this problem that Google Pixel team has tied. I think most Pixel device owner around the world has faced this problem as I have and force them not to use Pixel anymore. Last, I think all Pixel owners will appreciate if this problem had been solved.

Thank.
OK that makes a lot more sense now but I can't answer that, I'm not entirely sure anyone can. I have no experience with being in Cambodia or using service there so IDK. It works here in the US no prob.

Where do you go to see ROM features
PixelExpierience is more driven towards a "stock pixel" feel for non-Google devices so theres not as much as you might be looking for. I use the MAGISK module for "Add-on Pixel ":

"Addon Features for Pixel Devices" and once loaded, installs "ROM Control", this is where I set most of the options missing in ROMs like this one.

who can help me?

I can't download rom from official website
whats the issue you face? I DL it without an issue so its something on your side but without ANY information on the error or what's failing, we cant help. Update us on the issues you face, pics help, otherwise you wont get much assistance without any type of information to go on...

2022-07-24_6-33-28.jpg

Anyone's having Google Camera fc in the latest build?
Nope, not the least bit, GCam works flawless for me, but I DL/install directly from the playstore. This means there are no mods running or any modified GCam itself, just the official GCam. I am also running the latest release 7/16 PixelExpierience and I use my camera HEAVY, like all the time, all day long.

My daughter is a professional photographer and has expensive/professional cameras, but when local or on road, she uses mobile phone so she doesn't have to lug the heavy cameras with her. She uses Crapple and he iPhone 12 MAX PRO (for any mobile shots), but uses my Pixel when getting any quick shots OR when I have to help her with taking a photo (for an ad as an example with the photographer in it). I/we (daughter) use my Pixel and my Google Camera literally every day, multiple times a day and it works FLAWLESS. I take my own personal pics with my same Pixel / GCam all day long as well, so if I am not using it, she is, and its perfect, no FCs here at all! No issues here whatsoever, but again, I am using the official Google Play version, direct from the Play Store, so not a modded GCam or anything. I also do not use anything crazy with LSPosed or MAGISK modules (just safetynetfix, LSPosed, and Pixel Add-On), but nothing that changes anything system-side. I am just mentioning this piece to show/prove the camera works out of the box with the official Google Camera. If you have anything heavily modded, or running 3rd party modules, or 3rd party GCam, try it fresh, with nothing installed but ROM. See if it works (it will), then start to rule down the bug by doing your normal process, step by step, until it FCs and you identify it.

Here are a few pics showing current version of GCam, ROM, and the GCam open and working (picture of my office desktop).

ONE THING I want to point out just in case, I am using the PLUS version, so keep that in mind:

GCam1.jpeg

GCam2.jpeg

GCam3.jpeg

Last edited:

yymin1022

Jul 26, 2014
Seoul
Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy S4
Does this rom support Motion Sense Feature? I mean that Prev or Next Music with Hand Swipe, or Stop Alarm ETC. Not just the Face Unlock. I've installed on May but it did not showed any menu for Motion Sense so I came back to stock.

Dr. Madd

Sep 30, 2015
Does anyone have trouble with rooting this ROM? When I root, the OS boots up. But the screen is non-responsive. I root with magisk. I take the boot file from google. Patch it, then sideload it. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I have no problem with rooting the Descendants ROM.

Curiousn00b

Does anyone have trouble with rooting this ROM? When I root, the OS boots up. But the screen is non-responsive. I root with magisk. I take the boot file from google. Patch it, then sideload it. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong. I have no problem with rooting the Descendants ROM.
Why not use the boot.img that comes with the rom?

Not sure if that pays a factor in this situation but when I last used this rom, root worked fine.

You are doing something wrong, I use this ROM and ROOT'd, no issues whatsoever. As curiosnoob pointed out, only use the boot.img with the released ROM, nothing else works right (NOT Google's boot.img, ONLY PixelExpierience (this ROM), all else will crash, also don't patch 3rd party kernels, ONLY default!

Sounds like you are using a kernel that's not supported, so ONLY ROOT the default stock boot.img FOR PIXELEXPIRIENCE not Google's stock or any other boot.img), and don't use 3rd party kernels until this is sorted out (but I can almost guarantee you this is your issue - 3rd party kernel or wrong boot.img).

Screenshot_20220829-061739_Settings.png
Screenshot_20220829-061728_Magisk.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Curiousn00b
You are doing something wrong, I use this ROM and ROOT'd, no issues whatsoever. As curiosnoob pointed out, only use the boot.img with the released ROM, nothing else works right (NOT Google's boot.img, ONLY PixelExpierience (this ROM), all else will crash, also don't patch 3rd party kernels, ONLY default!

Sounds like you are using a kernel that's not supported, so ONLY ROOT the default stock boot.img FOR PIXELEXPIRIENCE not Google's stock or any other boot.img), and don't use 3rd party kernels until this is sorted out (but I can almost guarantee you this is your issue - 3rd party kernel or wrong boot.img).

View attachment 5699251 View attachment 5699253
do I have to do a factory reset after boot.img? I was upgraded to a newer Android version and I really dont want to do that

do I have to do a factory reset after boot.img? I was upgraded to a newer Android version and I really dont want to do that
Wait a sec, are you saying you were on a different version of Android, then flashed this ROM, without a factory wipe? If so, thats your issue, you cannot change Android flavors or ROMs without factory resetting (and expect it to work normally). Without resetting it, you leave behind your old OS, your old files, configs, ETC., these are overwritten with the ROM, but it doesnt know how to clean and remove the OLD stuff. Factory reset is the FIRST step in ANY ROM install, so yeah, ya need it (assuming I understood you right).

However, if you are on the SAME ROM, SAME Android, then no, no need to factory wipe after a boot.img install (assuming thats all you did) and the ROM is a dirty upgrade, or the Android firmware is factory/the same Android.

You gave almost two possibilities, so I answered both

Is this rom's battery sot better than the cook rom's now guys?
Impossible to answer a battery life question like this (and noted many many many times throughout all ROM forums). Battery life is per user based, based on that user's specific setup so you cannot compare apples to basketballs (even though they are both round objects, they are not the same thing, which is the same type of thing here (comparing apples = USERA's battery life based on that user's setup to USERB which is a basketball = which simply means this user setup their device differently with different apps and services) so one CANNOT compare the two against each other accurately. It's not the same thing so it can't be a one-on-one compare, but that being said, not everyone in this forum knows what you mean with your question layout, so you would be better off just testing it and reporting back to us your results.

One final thought/note, I was on this ROM for a long time, but I keep moving BACK to LOS for that single reason, battery life!! I get far better results (battery life / run time / performance) with LOS than anything other ROM (for obvious reasons), but not everyone loves LOS. It's a user type decision, what's critical to you, and what's a showstopper, only you can answer it, so test it, and let us know how it goes, it's your call what ROM/OS you choose. I DO get MUCH better battery life with LOS because of LOS being what it is by design (AOSP with NO bloat nor add-ons)!

Reactions: Curiousn00b

Curiousn00b

Impossible to answer a battery life question like this (and noted many many many times throughout all ROM forums). Battery life is per user based, based on that user's specific setup so you cannot compare apples to basketballs (even though they are both round objects, they are not the same thing, which is the same type of thing here (comparing apples = USERA's battery life based on that user's setup to USERB which is a basketball = which simply means this user setup their device differently with different apps and services) so one CANNOT compare the two against each other accurately. It's not the same thing so it can't be a one-on-one compare, but that being said, not everyone in this forum knows what you mean with your question layout, so you would be better off just testing it and reporting back to us your results.

One final thought/note, I was on this ROM for a long time, but I keep moving BACK to LOS for that single reason, battery life!! I get far better results (battery life / run time / performance) with LOS than anything other ROM (for obvious reasons), but not everyone loves LOS. It's a user type decision, what's critical to you, and what's a showstopper, only you can answer it, so test it, and let us know how it goes, it's your call what ROM/OS you choose. I DO get MUCH better battery life with LOS because of LOS being what it is by design (AOSP with NO bloat nor add-ons)!
Adding on to the last bit of your post here and is a direct example of user based battery, I'm pretty much a Google lover and use their apps on the normal, so I'm never really bloat free, but my battery life works perfectly in my case. Apart from that, during this day and age, you have access to a charger just about everywhere nowadays. Yesterday was the first time my phone hit 5% in months because I was being lazy to charge it, but without a doubt, LOS definitely feels lightning smooth. You just have to get used to the pure AOSP feel/look of it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 4 XL [coral]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    It's the one that says recovery image.

Looks like you're better of waiting for a few days as the 13 beta version is dropping shortly. Looks like it may being uploaded right now since it didn't pop up for our devices 1-2 days ago when I looked.
    I hate these frikin ridiculous lazy a$$ questions, asked and answered over and over and over, yet lazy newbs. dont want to do the work, just get the results, then moan when things things dont work, they dont work because you didnt research and do it right!

I am done answering BS questions like this (and I urge you to as well curious), lets stop answering and helping lazy users. In the end, its worse for us to help them by giving them the answers, and not forcing them to research it, so users like you and me, need to stop giving in and helping. Instead, we need to force them to research and figure it out themselves, then ask for help after they tried and failed (but as long as they research, we should help), I jsut wont help users who dont do the due diligence first! Going forward, I am just going to point out the answers, over and over and over, and only help when there's a true question for assistance, but ONLY AFTER the user has researched it.

Its such a waste of time helping users who are too lazy to do the research themselves!
    I hate these frikin ridiculous lazy a$$ questions, asked and answered over and over and over, yet lazy newbs. dont want to do the work, just get the results, then moan when things things dont work, they dont work because you didnt research and do it right!

I am done answering BS questions like this (and I urge you to as well curious), lets stop answering and helping lazy users. In the end, its worse for us to help them by giving them the answers, and not forcing them to research it, so users like you and me, need to stop giving in and helping. Instead, we need to force them to research and figure it out themselves, then ask for help after they tried and failed (but as long as they research, we should help), I jsut wont help users who dont do the due diligence first! Going forward, I am just going to point out the answers, over and over and over, and only help when there's a true question for assistance, but ONLY AFTER the user has researched it.

Its such a waste of time helping users who are too lazy to do the research themselves!
    And I do realize, I will shoot myself in the foot time and time again by not listening to my own words of advice and help. It's in my nature, so, I am sorry I keep snapping and getting annoyed with the same questions asked over and over, but my mentor side kicks in, and I tend to help, then get mad at myself for doing so and blast it out here. I know I sound like a looney toon at times, but it comes from a good heart of trying to help and prevent users from having self-inflicted wounds (by not researching before asking). That mentor side comes from 30sh years of being a senior system engineer/architect, so it's really all I know anymore (technology and mentoring newbs). I manage a large team of engineers, and together we manage a run a large cloud MSP for multiple financial clients, so I am always teaching someone, something, and it spills out here.

All this to say, I am sorry to everyone everywhere if I sound like I am attacking anyone, at any time, I am not. I am actually mad at myself most times for helping users I shouldn't be helping. Then I tend to get annoyed with myself and deflect and scream in these forums (which helps no one), and I shouldn't do it. I am going to try and be better at this so I can help, but not get annoyed and shut down.
    nah that makes it to easy, drive them to the OP, from there they go to the DL page. The DL page shows everything they need (wiki steps).

I like users to do the work, not take the shortcut (by not researching) and just asking the same thing again. That way they learn and then can help others, otherwise its the same damn question asked and answered over and over and over. Users don't read, users do not do their due diligence, so I try to make them learn even when they don't want to! If they learn, and don't take shortcuts, they are generally more likely to succeed and without data-loss (or bricks).
    where to get boot.img this firmware?
    so once again, a newb doesnt read ANYTHING, its in the first FRIKIN post, with the step by steps to install the ROM, yet obviously it wasnt read through and understood prior!!!

2022-09-20_8-34-20.jpg