[ROM][12.1][coral] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Mark1516

Apr 7, 2022
So do you definitely need to revert back to Android 11 before installing this ROM? It's not a mistake in the wiki? Or does it still work if you install from the latest Android 12L stock version?

So do you definitely need to revert back to Android 11 before installing this ROM? It's not a mistake in the wiki? Or does it still work if you install from the latest Android 12L stock version?
Unless the dev says otherwise, I always go by the the ROM:

Open the metadata file within the ROM zip:

ROM.zip\META-INF\com\android\metadata

Whatever the firmware level is listed as required, is the base firmware needed:

4-7-2022 1-17-52 PM.jpg

Mark1516

Apr 7, 2022
Unless the dev says otherwise, I always go by the the ROM:

Open the metadata file within the ROM zip:

ROM.zip\META-INF\com\android\metadata

Whatever the firmware level is listed as required, is the base firmware needed:

View attachment 5581981
Ah ok so by that logic I should be fine coming from stock android 12L. I thought the wiki said android 11 because of some kind of encryption issue with android 12 that I read about or maybe because the wiki is auto generated. The other pixel phones wiki pages seem to say you need to be on android 12 beforehand so it's likely that installing from android 12 is fine. According to source.android.com, post-build means that's the build you'll be on after you install the rom not the required build else it would be something like pre-build but I guess less can go wrong if pre and post build is the same. Thanks for the response, this is the first time I'm actually thinking about installing a custom ROM on my daily driver (Normally I do it for fun on devices I'm getting rid of) so I just wanted to clarify all the steps before I do anything. I don't want this to go wrong but I should be fine, it looks much easier on a pixel phone compared to other phones I've done it on in the past.

Ah ok so by that logic I should be fine coming from stock android 12L. I thought the wiki said android 11 because of some kind of encryption issue with android 12 that I read about or maybe because the wiki is auto generated. The other pixel phones wiki pages seem to say you need to be on android 12 beforehand so it's likely that installing from android 12 is fine. According to source.android.com, post-build means that's the build you'll be on after you install the rom not the required build else it would be something like pre-build but I guess less can go wrong if pre and post build is the same. Thanks for the response, this is the first time I'm actually thinking about installing a custom ROM on my daily driver (Normally I do it for fun on devices I'm getting rid of) so I just wanted to clarify all the steps before I do anything. I don't want this to go wrong but I should be fine, it looks much easier on a pixel phone compared to other phones I've done it on in the past.
True, but there's a caveat that I neglected (technically I didn't neglect it, but XDA cut it off then I didn't catch it), but the caveat is that this LOS ROM is A11. The firmware in the metadata shows this LOS build is built on A12 so yes it should work, but I didn't do it that way. For LOS, A11 I personally always like to start with an 11 base, for an 11 ROM. If its needed (I.E the dev of the ROM states X,Y,Z firmware is required) then I will flash what the dev requires. Otherwise I solely use the factory firmware from the metadata.

Try it with the A12 firmware, I am curious because the metadata shows it was built from that base, so in my opinion yes it should work, but if it doesn't, let us know and roll back to A11. Worst case scenario is you have issues and need to go back to A11 but it should work, and I chose the A11 firmware when I used LOS so I cant say 100% one way or the other.

nah that makes it to easy, drive them to the OP, from there they go to the DL page. The DL page shows everything they need (wiki steps).

I like users to do the work, not take the shortcut (by not researching) and just asking the same thing again. That way they learn and then can help others, otherwise its the same damn question asked and answered over and over and over. Users don't read, users do not do their due diligence, so I try to make them learn even when they don't want to! If they learn, and don't take shortcuts, they are generally more likely to succeed and without data-loss (or bricks).

Homeboy76

Recognized Contributor
Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
nah that makes it to easy, drive them to the OP, from there they go to the DL page. The DL page shows everything they need (wiki steps).

I like users to do the work, not take the shortcut (by not researching) and just asking the same thing again. That way they learn and then can help others, otherwise its the same damn question asked and answered over and over and over. Users don't read, users do not do their due diligence, so I try to make them learn even when they don't want to! If they learn, and don't take shortcuts, they are generally more likely to succeed and without data-loss (or bricks).
Got it! I edited my post. (y)

david.absenta

Oct 11, 2012
¿Que estas preguntando? Si está buscando TWRP (IE para descargar y usar), su mejor opción es usar GOOGLE . Con respecto a Orange Fox, que yo sepa, no hay una recuperación de píxeles para ningún dispositivo de píxeles, por lo que no tengo idea. Si está pidiendo que uno de nosotros señale un enlace DL directo, ¿por qué buscarlo en Google? O busca en XDA el coral (foros de Pixel 4 XL) -> el mismo en el que encontraste esta ROM, así que busca el foro TWRP en la misma sección en la que encontraste esta ROM.

NO estoy siendo un idiota, así que no lo tomes de esa manera. En lugar de eso, te animo a ti (y a todos) a hacer el trabajo de piernas. No tomes el atajo o no aprenderás nada. Preferiría enseñar a los usuarios a pescar, y luego solo comer ese día. De esa manera, lo aprenden y, a su vez, pueden ayudar a otros novatos.
It is not for convenience or not wanting to search. I come from another phone where there was a variety of modified TWRP where each one had its advantages or fixed to run roms with Android 12 l. I also come from groups where the rookie is given help because for not understanding some things he ends up having a brick. All you had to do was answer, download it from the official page. And I ask why most of the tutorials are old enough and I had a hard time buying this phone to throw it away because of a mistake. anyway thank you very much for your answer and thank you sorry for wasting your time

Reactions: GROOVYJOSHCLARK
It is not for convenience or not wanting to search. I come from another phone where there was a variety of modified TWRP where each one had its advantages or fixed to run roms with Android 12 l. I also come from groups where the rookie is given help because for not understanding some things he ends up having a brick. All you had to do was answer, download it from the official page. And I ask why most of the tutorials are old enough and I had a hard time buying this phone to throw it away because of a mistake. anyway thank you very much for your answer and thank you sorry for wasting your time
Sorry if I came off wrong but this is laid out many times over many forums. You just need to research then ask if steps you understood as X,Y,Z are the right ones to take. That's the best way to learn.

shahez

Jul 13, 2018
Hi guys

I just installed this ROM yesterday, liking it so far I have couple of questions , What is high touch polling rate ?
And what is the difference between ambient display and AOD ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220415-045903_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220415-045903_Settings.png
    320 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20220415-045844_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220415-045844_Pixel Launcher.png
    272.7 KB · Views: 74

shahez

Jul 13, 2018
Also I have more question regards to Google photos, is it saving the photos in full resolution unlimited storage or data saver storage?

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Budapest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 6a
Hi guys

I just installed this ROM yesterday, liking it so far I have couple of questions , What is high touch polling rate ?
And what is the difference between ambient display and AOD ?
High touch polling rate makes the screen react to your inputs quicker. Turn it on, see if it makes a difference for you. If it doesn't you can feel free to turn it off.

Ambient display is what lights on when you receive a notification, AOD keeps that screen always on.

Also I have more question regards to Google photos, is it saving the photos in full resolution unlimited storage or data saver storage?

I've used regular PixelExperience (not the plus edition) on my Pixel 4a (sunfish) for a while - the unlimited storage hack did not work. From my short research I've done, it is no longer possible to make Google think you're using a Pixel 1, therefore enabling you to backup in original quality without using up your storage - unless you really are using a Pixel 1.
Unfortunately, though, it didn't let me change the backup quality to storage saver. The Google Photos app was convinced that I have access to backing up in original quality without using up any of my storage, but the actual Google servers weren't spoofed. It was actually one of my main reasons to ditch this ROM.

shahez

Jul 13, 2018
High touch polling rate makes the screen react to your inputs quicker. Turn it on, see if it makes a difference for you. If it doesn't you can feel free to turn it off.

Ambient display is what lights on when you receive a notification, AOD keeps that screen always on.

I've used regular PixelExperience (not the plus edition) on my Pixel 4a (sunfish) for a while - the unlimited storage hack did not work. From my short research I've done, it is no longer possible to make Google think you're using a Pixel 1, therefore enabling you to backup in original quality without using up your storage - unless you really are using a Pixel 1.
Unfortunately, though, it didn't let me change the backup quality to storage saver. The Google Photos app was convinced that I have access to backing up in original quality without using up any of my storage, but the actual Google servers weren't spoofed. It was actually one of my main reasons to ditch this ROM.
Thanks for this heads up , I went back and checked my Google photos and indeed my Google photos storage was being used against account.
So I went and checked online and found this link
Which will help to restore the data saver storage option.
Required root and some apk files but I was able to set it up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220416-154245_Photos.png
    Screenshot_20220416-154245_Photos.png
    144.3 KB · Views: 45
Reactions: Lada333

htth211101

Jan 30, 2021
Hi, I tried to flash PixelExperience and MindtheGApps also via adb and Twrp but somehow I cant flash MindtheGApps, error 1. Anyone can help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 4 XL [coral]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    It's the one that says recovery image.

Looks like you're better of waiting for a few days as the 13 beta version is dropping shortly. Looks like it may being uploaded right now since it didn't pop up for our devices 1-2 days ago when I looked.
    I hate these frikin ridiculous lazy a$$ questions, asked and answered over and over and over, yet lazy newbs. dont want to do the work, just get the results, then moan when things things dont work, they dont work because you didnt research and do it right!

I am done answering BS questions like this (and I urge you to as well curious), lets stop answering and helping lazy users. In the end, its worse for us to help them by giving them the answers, and not forcing them to research it, so users like you and me, need to stop giving in and helping. Instead, we need to force them to research and figure it out themselves, then ask for help after they tried and failed (but as long as they research, we should help), I jsut wont help users who dont do the due diligence first! Going forward, I am just going to point out the answers, over and over and over, and only help when there's a true question for assistance, but ONLY AFTER the user has researched it.

Its such a waste of time helping users who are too lazy to do the research themselves!
    I hate these frikin ridiculous lazy a$$ questions, asked and answered over and over and over, yet lazy newbs. dont want to do the work, just get the results, then moan when things things dont work, they dont work because you didnt research and do it right!

I am done answering BS questions like this (and I urge you to as well curious), lets stop answering and helping lazy users. In the end, its worse for us to help them by giving them the answers, and not forcing them to research it, so users like you and me, need to stop giving in and helping. Instead, we need to force them to research and figure it out themselves, then ask for help after they tried and failed (but as long as they research, we should help), I jsut wont help users who dont do the due diligence first! Going forward, I am just going to point out the answers, over and over and over, and only help when there's a true question for assistance, but ONLY AFTER the user has researched it.

Its such a waste of time helping users who are too lazy to do the research themselves!
    And I do realize, I will shoot myself in the foot time and time again by not listening to my own words of advice and help. It's in my nature, so, I am sorry I keep snapping and getting annoyed with the same questions asked over and over, but my mentor side kicks in, and I tend to help, then get mad at myself for doing so and blast it out here. I know I sound like a looney toon at times, but it comes from a good heart of trying to help and prevent users from having self-inflicted wounds (by not researching before asking). That mentor side comes from 30sh years of being a senior system engineer/architect, so it's really all I know anymore (technology and mentoring newbs). I manage a large team of engineers, and together we manage a run a large cloud MSP for multiple financial clients, so I am always teaching someone, something, and it spills out here.

All this to say, I am sorry to everyone everywhere if I sound like I am attacking anyone, at any time, I am not. I am actually mad at myself most times for helping users I shouldn't be helping. Then I tend to get annoyed with myself and deflect and scream in these forums (which helps no one), and I shouldn't do it. I am going to try and be better at this so I can help, but not get annoyed and shut down.

where to get boot.img this firmware?
    so once again, a newb doesnt read ANYTHING, its in the first FRIKIN post, with the step by steps to install the ROM, yet obviously it wasnt read through and understood prior!!!

2022-09-20_8-34-20.jpg