Development [ROM][12.1] crDroid 8 [OFFICIAL][MIUI Cam included]

Search This thread

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
all is working for me after dirty flash.
In my case alarm works, call ring does not. Besides, with headset attached the mic does not function correctly, it takes sound from the in-phone mic, what makes the headset useful only for music listening.

I made an OTA update, not a dirty flash.

wuslschweiz

Jun 3, 2019
Great rom so far.

I have one bug. If alarm option is set to gradually increase volume, alarm remain silent but this bug also exists in siberia so I dont know if it is my phone or a general bug.

Reactions: christophebeuvry

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
How i update custom Roms on my Redmi Note 10 pro successful:
Download the Update
Delete the Security Pin
Reboot to the Recovery
Backup Data
Wipe Cache, Dalvik and Data
Install Rom, Gapps (in my Case MicroG), Magisk (optional) and DFE
Wipe Cache
Restore your Data Backup
Restart System

This works with the most custom Roms.

The inbuild Updater depends of the installed Recovery and there are many Versions and nothing official. Thats the Reason for the Problems.
I hope this helps

I make a Backup of Data in Recovery. So i keep all my App and System Settings. If you forgot to delete the Locksettings, the phone will not restart.
I integrated the last OTA update which did not solve the previously acknowledged issues, including the main one of the not-loading Magisk patched boot.img.

I tried dirty flashing, with the same result. So, I opted for data backup (after deleting the pin protection) and clean flashing.

Clean install of the latest CrDroid zip and the subsequent patching by Magisk went well. Now the root is back, and some modules which did not wish to install (including the Fix mic) are integrated. In the next days I'll check if they resolve the poor headset functioning.

I still cannot understand why at some point OTA "broke" the Magisk compatibility. But it's OK as long as a clean install helps.

The main issue I had with the clean install is the impossible restoration of /data from TWRP recovery. I retried it three times, with and without reboot just after the CrDroid install. That did not work. After data restore the phone enters into TWRP, without any sign of system boot.

That brought me to an "easy" decision to format /data and to manually reinstall the apps and to restart using the phone from the scratch, which is not a big problem. The only thing I really regret are lost chats in my messengers which, I presume, are conserved in the archived data partition.

Could anyone suggest a way to retrieve them from the /data backup?

nnamless

Jan 17, 2018
I integrated the last OTA update which did not solve the previously acknowledged issues, including the main one of the not-loading Magisk patched boot.img.

I tried dirty flashing, with the same result. So, I opted for data backup (after deleting the pin protection) and clean flashing.

Clean install of the latest CrDroid zip and the subsequent patching by Magisk went well. Now the root is back, and some modules which did not wish to install (including the Fix mic) are integrated. In the next days I'll check if they resolve the poor headset functioning.

I still cannot understand why at some point OTA "broke" the Magisk compatibility. But it's OK as long as a clean install helps.

The main issue I had with the clean install is the impossible restoration of /data from TWRP recovery. I retried it three times, with and without reboot just after the CrDroid install. That did not work. After data restore the phone enters into TWRP, without any sign of system boot.

That brought me to an "easy" decision to format /data and to manually reinstall the apps and to restart using the phone from the scratch, which is not a big problem. The only thing I really regret are lost chats in my messengers which, I presume, are conserved in the archived data partition.

Could anyone suggest a way to retrieve them from the /data backup?
Have you flashed DFE?

nnamless

Jan 17, 2018
I did not, presuming it was enough to delete security pin.

Does the phone remain unencrypted after installing DFE? I'd prefer to have it more secure.
That's the Reason. My described Method to update works only with decrypted Data Partition. For more Security i use OFOX as Recovery, which gives the Posibility to set a Pin for locking the Recovery.
You can try to restore your Backup with the latest TWRP for Android 12 ( twrp_3.6.2-12-0_sweet.img ), but i don't know, if it will be successful.
I make also a Backup with Migrate and copy it to an external Drive. This App saves all your installed Apps with Data also SMS and Contacts.

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
That's the Reason. My described Method to update works only with decrypted Data Partition. For more Security i use OFOX as Recovery, which gives the Posibility to set a Pin for locking the Recovery.
You can try to restore your Backup with the latest TWRP for Android 12 ( twrp_3.6.2-12-0_sweet.img ), but i don't know, if it will be successful.
I make also a Backup with Migrate and copy it to an external Drive. This App saves all your installed Apps with Data also SMS and Contacts.
I see. The latest TWRP is precisely the mean I tried, but it did not work for me, as I described it in the earlier post.

I would try Migrate for the next updates. Do I also need to use it with DFE?

x3r0.13urn

Nov 1, 2012
False sense of security you mean, what's stopping for the thief just replace the recovery with something else?

Again, if your chance of your device getting stolen is high and your data contain sensitive information, you'd be wishing your device be encrypted.

nnamless

Jan 17, 2018
I see. The latest TWRP is precisely the mean I tried, but it did not work for me, as I described it in the earlier post.

I would try Migrate for the next updates. Do I also need to use it with DFE?
I think not. I use Migrate and Migrateflasher. With Migrateflasher you can restore your Backup directly from the running System.

Reactions: runtime64

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
False sense of security you mean, what's stopping for the thief just replace the recovery with something else?

Again, if your chance of your device getting stolen is high and your data contain sensitive information, you'd be wishing your device be encrypted.
That is mainly my concern. With a smartphone which costed you 220 quids you value your info more than the hardware.

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
Giving a closer look to special app access in CrDroid builds, one easily discovers that the included Miui cam is granted (by default) a fairly wide access.

Among others, it is allowed to modify system settings, to know usage stats (of all other apps) and to control wifi. Is not that too much for a cam? It looks more like spy powers.

runtime64

Jan 26, 2020
Doing further digs in versions and settings.

My phone lost root (via Magisk) after the OTA update of 28/07, and after I dirty flashed the latest update of 1/08, battery use jumped up sensibly, around 3% per hour with almost no deep sleep (1-2% in 24 hours).

I decided to experiment with CrDroid 8 subversions and rolled back to a 16/07 update, with clean install (/data formatted). Now the phone turned back to a good deep sleep.

The dev's list of changes include for these two update versions the following major differences:

16th July, 2022
Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.288

28th July, 2022
Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.289 stable release
Merged latest CAF tag LA.UM.9.1.r1-12100-SMxxx0.QSSI12.0 in kernel

Could the deep sleep denial in the latest updates result from modifications in the kernel releases and/or CAF merged?

dario-20

Dec 19, 2019
Poznań
Doing further digs in versions and settings.

My phone lost root (via Magisk) after the OTA update of 28/07, and after I dirty flashed the latest update of 1/08, battery use jumped up sensibly, around 3% per hour with almost no deep sleep (1-2% in 24 hours).

I decided to experiment with CrDroid 8 subversions and rolled back to a 16/07 update, with clean install (/data formatted). Now the phone turned back to a good deep sleep.

The dev's list of changes include for these two update versions the following major differences:

16th July, 2022
Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.288

28th July, 2022
Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.289 stable release
Merged latest CAF tag LA.UM.9.1.r1-12100-SMxxx0.QSSI12.0 in kernel

Could the deep sleep denial in the latest updates result from modifications in the kernel releases and/or CAF merged?
I have the same situation with deep sleep. Almost not present!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After 2 years of taking a break from Android modding this ROM was a brilliant welcome back to customisation. Well done Devs! This is a feature rich ROM an quite smooth - being on the previous build. Unique issues to me: Flame Apps didn't work for me which resulted in the boot screen hanging on start up. Nik Apps didn't allow Company Portal to work so couldn't install my work profile. BUT if you're not using Work Apps / Company Portal this is a great ROM, very feature rich and quite purist. I hope the devs can preinstall a G apps version in the future so work apps can install.
    After having installed and tried near all A12 custom roms for the Redmi Note 10 Pro over two months, I decided today to make crDroid 8 my daily driver.
    I will never say that this rom is the best or better than the others but it's the one I like best and which best meets my personal expectations.

A great thanks to neobuddy89.
    Hi everyone, I've got a problem when falshing this rom for the first time.

After flashed rom/gapps (coming from AOSP Extended), the phone boot but I've figured out that I didn't wipe properly the data using TWRP (I did not do the "yes" thing").

Then I wiped all the data, flashed rom/gapps and then I've got a boot loop. I redo the operation 4/5 times and impossible to boot again.

Did I miss something in the process ? Or did it take more than 15 minutes to first boot lol ?

EDIT : I just flashed Harrow and it boot normaly, I don't understand lol
    When you flash the rom using twrp, before rebooting your device, you must click on the "Wipe" button and then click on "Format Data" where you have to write "yes". Pay attention to the fact that all your data will be lossed (do before a backup if necessary).
    Superb thanks. Do I need to use Flame Gapps or can I use Nik Gapps?
    Flam or Nick Gapps, it's only a question of personal taste.
    FlamGapps are recommended by the developer of crDroid 8 but I don't know, nor can find why.
    I prefer NickGapps because their update frequency is greater.

I personnaly use NickGapps-SL, the core version which is the smallest one.
    If I need or want to install a Google app not included in the core version, I download this one from the Play Store.

NickGapps-SL for Android 12, NickGapps-T for Android 13.
    Hi, can someone please share the version of TWRP I need to install to flash this A12.1 rom. Thanks
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

Features:
    * Vanilla builds (no gapps)
    * MIUI Cam included
    * Thermal profiles / Mi Sound enhancer included
    * Encrypted by default
    * Selinux enforcing and Safety net passes by default
    * More info - Click here

First Time Installation:
    * Backup before you begin
    * Reboot to provided or TWRP based recovery.
    * Format Data , even coming from crDroid 7.x
    (otherwise you may not able to boot ROM due to encryption complexities)
    * Flash ROM via adb sideload
    * Flash Gapps + Gapps Search addon via adb sideload
    * Reboot and profit!

Update Installation (v8.3 builds onward):
    * Backup before you begin
    * Ensure you are on provided 12.0 recovery
    * Use Updater app to download update and flash
    (or download update separately and use Updater app with Local update option)
    * No need to flash gapps if already flashed.

Download:
    Click Here

Known issues:
    * None

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Device tree: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_device_xiaomi_sm6150-common

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Note 10 Pro - crDroid Telegram
    Donate to help me in development
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help CrDroid team pay server costs
    Update

20th April, 2022

Build type: Weekly / Stable
    Device: Redmi Note 10 Pro
    Device maintainer: neobuddy89

!! Clean flash required coming from 8.2 or below !!

Short changelog:
    * Added toggle to switch between AOSP-style and Google-style battery stats
    * Added heads up timeout customization (crdroid > notifications)
    * Added toggle for black theme (settings > display > dark theme)
    * Added material style notification dismiss button (crdroid > quick settings)
    * Misc fixes, updates and optimizations
    * sweet: Misc security updates (kernel)
    * sweet: Added Quick Tap support (settings > system > gestures)
    * sweet: Updated phase offset props for smoother UI
    * sweet: Updated Fingerprint HAL to 2.3

Download:

Join us on TG:
    Update - Android 12

16th January, 2022

Build type: Weekly / Beta

Short changelog:

* Android January 2022 Security update (android-12.0.0_r27)
    * Added statusbar colored icon customization
    * Added statusbar notification count toggle
    * Added toggle to disable headsup for most apps
    * Added increasing ring volume toggle
    * Added option to choose battery percentage position (left/right)
    * Pulse visualizer fixes
    * OxgenOS icon pack improvements
    * Fixed battery estimate in QS
    * Reworked power menu customizations
    * Redesigned permission prompt dialog
    * Bionic, libcore and ART optimizations
    * sweet: Tuned cpu and gpu frequencies for better performance.
    * sweet: Fixed various sepolicy denials and neverallows
    * sweet: Tuned SF phase offsets for better responsiveness

Download:

Join us on TG:

Note:
    Vanilla build (no gapps)
    Decrypted for now
    Use FlameGapps Basic + FlameGapps GoogleSearchAssistant addon
    Many fixes above are based on kernel we use, do not change kernel

Cheers!
    Update - Android 12

1st February, 2022

Short changelog:
    * Added Game Space - gaming mode (crdroid > misc OR long press tile)
    * Added in-call vibration toggle (crdroid > sound)
    * Added toggle to enable blink on call (crdroid > notifications)
    * Added toggle to force small clock on lockscreen
    * Added toggle to disable ripple effect on unlock
    * Added pixel navbar animation, enabled by default
    * Fixed Google search app crash on long press home button
    * Fixed glitchy charging info on lockscreen
    * Fixed few issues with gestural navbar where pill disappears
    * Added customization to set different ringtones for multiple sims
    * Added new HarmonyOS font style + improved existing font overlays
    * Added new Pavlova UI icon pack
    * Added new icon shapes overlays
    * sweet: Massive blob and HIDL updates from V13.0.2.0.SKFMIXM
    * sweet: Added ability to disable SIM card
    * sweet: Improved default color config (no more yellowish tint)
    * sweet: Added night light toggle / tile
    * sweet: Switched to SF phase duration/offsets from raven (better smoothness?)
    * sweet: Fixed various new sepolicy denials
    * sweet: Removed PM QoS optimizations to fix deep sleep issues in some instances
    * sweet: Upstreamed kernel to v4.14.264 stable release
    * sweet: Slightly increase mic volume (not tested)
    * sweet: Reworked cutout overlay

Download:

Join us on TG:

Note:
    Vanilla build (no gapps)
    Decrypted for now, do not flash DFE

Cheers!
    Update - Android 12

18th January, 2022

Short changelog:
    * Added toggle to suppress notification sound when screen is on
    * Added toggles to disable location/camera/mic privacy indicators in statusbar
    * Added customization to run legacy apps in full screen (crdroid > UI)
    * Fixed monet theming issues (Reapply icon pack if issue persist)
    * Revamped UI for applying icon packs and font styles
    * Added customization to change signal icon and wifi icon styles
    * Added seekbar for setting animation values (settings > developer options)
    * Added customization to set minimum interval between notification sounds
    (app info > notifications > minimum time between notification)
    * Fixed battery glitch in QS panel
    * sweet: Adjust statusbar end padding (kill extra space on right)
    * sweet: PM QoS fixes and improvement (kernel)

Download:

Join us on TG:

Note:
    Vanilla build (no gapps)
    Decrypted for now

Cheers!