dgmarie0001

Nov 6, 2021
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
IvlZLyc.png

I AM NOT CURRENTLY UPDATING THIS ROM

Evolution X 6.2.2 for the Xiaomi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T [davinci]

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is void. Or valId, probably?
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,
* thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
* these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
*/
0KUV8YX.png

Keep Evolving
Pixel UI, customization, and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
@joeyhuab
@RealAkito
@AnierinB

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

SRQCjQJ.png

Just flash and check "The Evolver". We have tons of features combined together from different ROMs.

Even though these builds are unofficial, they do have OTA updates.

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

o2G52Ve.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
1. Reboot to Recovery
2. Download the zip for your device
3. Flash whichever recovery you desire and Flash A11 firmware
4. Wipe Data/Cache/System
5. Flash the ROM
6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
1. Reboot to Recovery
2. Download the update for your device
3. Flash the ROM
4. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Download
Device Support

Last edited:

Audiowaste

Apr 27, 2010
Maastricht
Just flashed this ROM and now setting things up for the first start.
Depending from which ROM you com, it could be the installation process is different from stated in the OP.

1. Reboot to Recovery
4. Format Data (Format, not wipe)
5. Flash the ROM
6. Reboot to System

Fame69

Jul 1, 2019
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Just flashed this ROM and now setting things up for the first start.
Depending from which ROM you com, it could be the installation process is different from stated in the OP.

1. Reboot to Recovery
4. Format Data (Format, not wipe)
5. Flash the ROM
6. Reboot to System
Can you share any Tutorial for that or do we need to change any Recovery Version or any else?

Audiowaste

Apr 27, 2010
Maastricht
Can you share any Tutorial for that or do we need to change any Recovery Version or any else?
If you already got a custom recovery (TWRP for example) installed, you can skip this step.
1. Download the vendor file from here and the Evolution ROM from here.
2. Boot into TWRP Recovery.
3. Flash the vendor file.
4. Wipe cache and dalvik
5. Flash the Evolution ROM.
6. Format Data, be sure you format data and not just wipe.
7. Reboot to recovery.

The step to Format Data is necessary in some cases where you come from a different ROM which does have a different file system.

Reactions: wojted

Fame69

Jul 1, 2019
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
If you already got a custom recovery (TWRP for example) installed, you can skip this step.
1. Download the vendor file from here and the Evolution ROM from here.
2. Boot into TWRP Recovery.
3. Flash the vendor file.
4. Wipe cache and dalvik
5. Flash the Evolution ROM.
6. Format Data, be sure you format data and not just wipe.
7. Reboot to recovery.

The step to Format Data is necessary in some cases where you come from a different ROM which does have a different file system.
Is front camera working? And thank you for the help is there any other way I can contact you directly like telegram or Instagram?
I want this A12 Badly but feom yesterday night I was fixing my bootlooping device😂 and it's working fine On Evo-X 5.9.3 but front xamera not working

dgmarie0001

Nov 6, 2021
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
clean flash on your first install. i will release updates often for the first few weeks as more and more features are getting ported to android 12, and when i release those updates you should be able to dirty flash them :) will make a telegram channel that will notify when i update the rom, but whenever you download from the google drive link you will be downloading the latest version.

Last edited:

dgmarie0001

Nov 6, 2021
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Is front camera working? And thank you for the help is there any other way I can contact you directly like telegram or Instagram?
I want this A12 Badly but feom yesterday night I was fixing my bootlooping device😂 and it's working fine On Evo-X 5.9.3 but front xamera not working
join the telgram support group linked in the post and i can help you there. you probably just need to do a clean flash. only dirty flash if you are coming from my builds, and since this is the first one ive released you should only clean flash

Reactions: sufi44

Audiowaste

Apr 27, 2010
Maastricht
The camera doesn't seem to work at all. Google Camera is installed as a system app and in the play store an update is available.

However when I try to install the update, it fails everytime. Also installing the apk fails everytime.

dgmarie0001

Nov 6, 2021
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
The camera doesn't seem to work at all. Google Camera is installed as a system app and in the play store an update is available.

However when I try to install the update, it fails everytime. Also installing the apk fails everytime.
disable the google camera system app and install a modded version from here. most of them work but i find BSG to be the best. if you want an open source camera there are some on the play store and maybe on fdroid. i will try to include a working camera like snap cam on a future build.

Reactions: sufi44

dgmarie0001

Nov 6, 2021
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
After clean ROM, recovery and firmware flash, fingerprint unlock is not working, it's saying "Hold a little longer" even though I holding it all the time. Rest looks smooth and stable, SafetyNet, L1, all cameras (BSG version here) too.
bug on google's end. did you change the animation speed or the display colors? check in display settings that colors are set to boosted or natural, and check in developer settings that animation speeds are set to 1x

Reactions: sufi44 and Venode
Jan 30, 2015
Breda
I'm very pleased with this ROM. Thank you!
I came from ArrowOS 11.0 and did a dirty flash; without wiping cache/dalvik. I installed ArrowOS with Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_11.02.2020.zip and did that again on this Rom. The only thing I would like is to get rid off that horizontal line at the bottom of the screen. You can see it at the picture. Anyone an idea? Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211112-114203_Pixel Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20211112-114203_Pixel Launcher.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,247

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IvlZLyc.png

I AM NOT CURRENTLY UPDATING THIS ROM

Evolution X 6.2.2 for the Xiaomi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T [davinci]

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is void. Or valId, probably?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,
    * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
    * these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
    */
    0KUV8YX.png

Keep Evolving
    Pixel UI, customization, and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
    @joeyhuab
    @RealAkito
    @AnierinB

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

SRQCjQJ.png

Just flash and check "The Evolver". We have tons of features combined together from different ROMs.

Even though these builds are unofficial, they do have OTA updates.

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

o2G52Ve.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Reboot to Recovery
    4. Wipe Data/Cache/System
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Reboot to Recovery
    2. Download the update for your device
    3. Flash the ROM
    4. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Download
    Device Support

THREAD CLEANED

Hi all, dropping in because this thread had gotten too off-topic and needed a clean-up. Just a friendly reminder to keep it civil, on-topic and refrain from putting fuel to fire by responding to posts that you think are offensive or hateful or just stirring drama. Just report if you feel something isn't right and let us take care of it for you, so that we can make your experience on the forum better. :)

Regarding the safety of the ROM and trustworthiness of the developer/maintainer - the source code is in the first post. If you have the technical knowledge to audit and review it, feel free. If you don't and make baseless claims, your posts will be considered off-topic and will be removed. If you have genuine proof that there is something malicious in the ROM, PM me with proof and we'll take it from there.

Now let's all take a deep breath, and get back on topic, shall we? Good day!

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator
    Hi everyone, I have some important news. There is a new build out, and it is on sourceforge now. The links in the thread were updated. I have also enabled OTA updates, even though the rom is still unofficial. I modified the updater app to retrieve updates from my github and sourceforge pages, and I've tested it and the OTA works flawlessly. Full changelog for the new build is here :)
    I do not know if it is safe or not, I have not tried it, but in the telegram group its author says that everything that has been said here are lies
    i guess there isn't really any way to know. i cant really prove that the builds are safe, but also nobody has actually provided any evidence that they are unsafe, and i can promise that they arent ever going to have evidence because there is nothing malicious in the rom. anyways, the claims made against me made literally no sense. this is clearly either someone who is completely clueless or more likely just someone wanting to cause trouble.
    Reuploaded now. Thank you everyone for being patient :)