- Mar 10, 2016
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12.1/12L, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.
/* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
All variations of A52 4G and A72 (A525F, A525F/DS, A525M, A525M/DS, A725F, A725F/DS, A725M and A725F/DS) are supported, but only A525F (6/128 variant) is well tested as I have this device.
- Mobile data
- VoLTE/VoWIFI (Samsung's implementation doesn't work on AOSP)
- Audio output in VoIP calls is swapped (WhatsApp, Discord, etc)
- On some bluetooth Watches/Earphones In-Call sound is played from the phone's speaker/earpiece
Follow the guide on the LineageOS website: A52 4G | A72
Alternative way (TWRP/OrangeFox)
- Make sure your device's bootloader is unlocked.
- If not done before, flash blank VBMeta with Odin in AP slot.
- Make sure to have the latest available version of TWRP/OrangeFox installed.
- If wanted, backup all your necessary partitions (super, boot, data, EFS) before flashing this in case something goes wrong.
- Download the lineage build for your device from the link below and optionally download your preferred GApps package too.
- Flash the LineageOS zip using the "Install" button.
- Optionally, flash Gapps right after.
- Format data in TWRP/OrangeFox as the very last thing, otherwise you may end up in a bootloop if coming from stock ROM.
- Wipe metadata and cache partitions. This only has to be done once when you install LineageOS.
You can find them here on a mirror hosted by me.
Gapps (choose arm64 and 12.1/12L): MindTheGapps | OpenGapps canary | FlameGapps Canary | NikGapps Canary
They aren't necessary, but if you like my work feel free to send me or LineageOS a donation.
- Me, for spending my time on this project
- Whoever made the VBMeta disabler
- @Grarak for his fingerprint fix for A70 and DT2W fix
- @TheLeo2307 for testing on his A72
- @miamighost for testing on his A52
- Maybe more, feel free to tell me if I forgot someone
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_sm7125
Screenshot_20211118-152651_Trebuchet.png441.1 KB · Views: 3,150
Screenshot_20211118-152738_Settings.png174.9 KB · Views: 3,052
Screenshot_20211118-152808_Trebuchet.png299.9 KB · Views: 2,872
Screenshot_20211118-152823_Settings.png145.4 KB · Views: 2,802
Screenshot_20211118-152852_Trebuchet.png145.7 KB · Views: 2,842
Screenshot_20220116-012241_Settings.png152.1 KB · Views: 2,210
Screenshot from 2022-03-04 17-05-51.png121.3 KB · Views: 2,101
Screenshot from 2022-03-04 17-04-41.png116.6 KB · Views: 2,053
Screenshot from 2022-03-04 17-04-56.png102.2 KB · Views: 2,007