[ROM] [12.1] EvolutionX | Begonia | TimJosten [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

DeannWinchester

Apr 18, 2022
Build 20220806

Note: No August security update in this build as it is delayed indefinitely by Google.

- Evolution X 6.6.1
- Fixed QS expand lag
- Fixed several source bugs
- Smart charging
- Freeform windows (alpha stage)
- Google Carrier Settings
- WebView 104.0.5112.82
- Removed all Mi Video functionality except Gallery video playback
- First time boot optimizations

Download

khushi_roy

Aug 15, 2022
This rom is incredible, but we must be humble, not criticize the work done by others, thank all the people behind a rom for the work they do with great effort, and so we will continue to improve all together
this is best rom one can get for android 12 begonia, I will be super honest this is the most stable rom which i have ever used , been using it for past a week after switching from havoc os, and reviewed this too, I am surprised that it supports miui camera port, anx camera support all that filters which we get in miui , which no custom rom has yet supported, i am not a gamer but i have check throttling test , and I am seriously amazed by the performance it has throtted to 98 percent performance, only 2 percent it throttled with score more than 190k, surprised with this, came here to thank you developer for this masterpiece, keep developing, it is better than pixel experience out there, lets be honest !

JustIceForSake

Jul 25, 2014
You can flash EvoX even your fw is 12.0.x (12.0.x or 12.5.x all work). All are included in rom (lastest fw). Remember to flash Full file, not upgrade file.
I was always of the impression that we had to update to MIUI 12.5.x before loading EvoX, at least that is what most of the people suggested/instructed me.
I'm on Miui 12.0.5 (QGGEUXM), can you confirm that I can load EvoX without having to update to MIUI 12.5.x Rom?

Is anything else I should check before loading EvoX? I already have the unlocked bootloader, rooted with Magisk (still on v.23.0) and have [MIUI12]TWRP-UNIFIED-3.5.2_10 installed

Kirasu2080

Aug 10, 2021
I was always of the impression that we had to update to MIUI 12.5.x before loading EvoX, at least that is what most of the people suggested/instructed me.
I'm on Miui 12.0.5 (QGGEUXM), can you confirm that I can load EvoX without having to update to MIUI 12.5.x Rom?

Is anything else I should check before loading EvoX? I already have the unlocked bootloader, rooted with Magisk (still on v.23.0) and have [MIUI12]TWRP-UNIFIED-3.5.2_10 installed
I tested with Miui 12.0.x, Miui 12.5.x and some custom roms based on these. And some others flashed EvoX from other 12fw custom roms. Usually 12.5fw based roms need Miui 12.5.x to prevent hardbrick but some roms can avoid that. EvoX is one of them.
Your phone will be unroot and you can root it again by flash Magisk (Recommend to flash after first boot).
Your TWRP will be replaced with the new one inbuilt in Evo.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustIceForSake

JustIceForSake

Jul 25, 2014
I tested with Miui 12.0.x, Miui 12.5.x and some custom roms based on these. And some others flashed EvoX from other 12fw custom roms. Usually 12.5fw based roms need Miui 12.5.x to prevent hardbrick but some roms can avoid that. EvoX is one of them.
Your phone will be unroot and you can root it again by flash Magisk (Recommend to flash after first boot).
Your TWRP will be replaced with the new one inbuilt in Evo.
Nice! Thank you very much for the clear explanation!

voltha01

Apr 8, 2018
Hi i have a stupid question. Why the devs don't include a cache/memory cleaner. I admit that it's the only thing that prevents me from switching to custom roms. That of miui is fast and efficient.

Abhishek3343

Dec 29, 2017
Just installed this ROM and damn it's perfect. Booting for the first time took a little long and temps were high but after finishing android setup, they were normal. Probably the most optimized custom ROM. Kudos to the developers 🙌

Drauger1

Aug 20, 2022
Any possible date to get android 13 ( evo x 7)
Love this rom mannnnn.... Can't wait . * Love *

Nov 9, 2016
Is it only me having bluetooth stuttering problem? When I connect my headset i put phone in pocket and signal is lost.... All working when phone is close to ear headset. Any help? :)

DeannWinchester

Apr 18, 2022
Build 20220821

- Evolution X 6.7
- August security update
- Added Dolby Atmos
- Added AudioFX
- Added more USB Ethernet adapters drivers
- Fixed Zepp Life crash (app reinstall required)
- Fixed compass QS tile
- Fixed QS tiles column count
- Improved vertical QS tile layout
- WebView 105.0.5195.30

Download

IMG_20220823_073015_057.jpg

IMG_20220823_073038_578.jpg

DeannWinchester

Apr 18, 2022
These Are The Currently Pre Installed Apps on the Latest EvolutionX 6.7.

IMG_20220821_152617_092.jpg

AudioFX Is an Audio Enhancer Ported from LineageOS

Camera is the Original MIUI Camera Ported from MIUI Global Version 12.5.8

Dolby Atmos Is another Audio Enhancer Ported from the Motorola Edge 30

Gallery As Seen Is also The Orginal MIUI Gallery Ported From MIUI 12.5.8

Island App is as an alternative to MIUI's Dual Apps. With this App you Can Clone any App you want.

Phone Is an AOSP Dialer Ported from OctaviOS For SeamLess Call Recording Support.

Via Is a Fast Web Browser That is Pre installed As a Replacement to the heavy Chrome browser.

Last edited:

DeannWinchester

Apr 18, 2022
Could we have Bromite (https://www.bromite.org) instead for next release instead of Via? It's open source GPL3, should be more trusted than closed source Via.
If I'm being honest , the whole reason chrome was removed and replaced with via was due to lack of storage on the system Partition. After removing chrome we couldn't leave the system Browser less , so we had to find a lighter alternative, hope you can understand.

x3r0.13urn

Nov 1, 2012
If I'm being honest , the whole reason chrome was removed and replaced with via was due to lack of storage on the system Partition. After removing chrome we couldn't leave the system Browser less , so we had to find a lighter alternative, hope you can understand.
Understandable, thanks for explanation. I've noticed some devices (mi 4c, poco f1), start to utilize /cust partition for system_ext to overcome /system capacity limit issue. Of course this resulted the needs to update the kernel and twrp as well (optional, to allow wipe /cust).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Moved: Click Here

Evolution X Android 12.1 for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro

Code:
    * This ROM is made by third-party and provided "as is", without warranty of any kind.
    * In no event shall the author be liable for any claim, damages or other liability.

0KUV8YX.png

Keep Evolving
    Pixel UI, customization, and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
    @joeyhuab
    @RealAkito
    @AnierinB

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

SRQCjQJ.png

Just flash and check "The Evolver". We have tons of features combined together from different ROMs.

Description:
    Evolution X 6.7 (Android 12.1)

- Based on MIUI V12.5.8 Global vendor
    - SELinux Enforcing
    - Original MIUI Camera with 100% functionality
    - Original MIUI Gallery with slow motion videos playback
    - Dolby Atmos, AudioFX
    - Face Unlock
    - GApps included
    - Smooth and lag-free 60fps UI
    - Begoniain support
    - Buffer fix for Gcam is included as an option in Settings
    - Adjustable call volume
    - Auto call recording
    - Gaming mode
    - Twitch streaming
    - NFC, MIFARE
    - VoLTE, Wi-Fi Calling
    - Chromecast, aptx
    - OK Google, screen cast, FM radio, double tap to wake
    - Increased brightness levels
    - Increased sensitivity of light sensor in dark environments
    - Night light
    - Customizable vibration intensity and duration, amplitude vibration support in apps
    - TikTok videos doesn't freeze
    - Tethering restrictions fix (optional)
    - MTK engineer mode

Full Device Changelog : Here

Notes On The Rom : Here

CIrL2gb.png

Bugs and Issues: Read Here

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

o2G52Ve.png

Flashing Instructions
    First installation:
    (From any ROM, No Wipes needed )

0. If You Have a Locked Bootloader type #unlockbl in the Support Group to unlock it before proceeding with the Next Steps.

1. Custom Recovery should already be installed in your current ROM, if not type #recovery in the Support Group.

2. Download the "FULL" zip archive to SD card or internal storage.

3. Boot into TWRP recovery.

4. Flash the "FULL" zip archive.

5. Reboot to recovery.

6. Format Data partition (type "yes"). Reboot System.

7. After booting into system go to Settings - Display - Adaptive brightness and perform light sensor calibration.

8. Remove the official Google Camera app if it gets installed from Play Store (it won't work anyway).

Updating existing installation:
    (No Wipes Needed)

1. Download the "UPGRADE" zip archive to SD card or internal storage

(If the "UPGRADE" Zip is in internal Storage then disable the lock screen password before proceeding to the next step)

2. Boot into TWRP recovery.

3. Flash the "UPGRADE" zip archive.

4. After booting into system go to Settings - Battery and tap on Force optimize apps (it will take 30-60 mins).

Evolution X, ROM for the Redmi Note 8 Pro

[ROM] [12.1] EvolutionX v6.7 | Begonia [UNOFFICIAL] [AOSP]

Contributors
    joeyhuab
    Source Code: https://github.com/Evolution-X

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.186-g7c18952d3c68
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 6.7
    Stable Release Date: 2022-09-12

Created 2022-01-28
    Last Updated 2022-09-12
    Build 20220912

Note: QS column count removed due to bugs

- Fixed Dolby Atmos
    - Fixed audio leak
    - Fixed rare 32-bit app crash
    - Fixed notification lag
    - Added custom profile to Dolby Atmos
    - Added Omni weather provider & widget
    - WebView 105.0.5195.99
    - Sync to latest Evolution X

Download
    After this my Device unroot
    How to root after Abolition X
    I hope it's sarcasm, but i would still like to educate you anyway, it's called EvolutionX.

And coming to your question, if you don't even know how to root , ask yourself why to root ? Because it's cool?

I'll answer the question tho, Download Magisk Latest APK from their official GitHub, and flash the APK in your custom Recovery. Yes you can flash .apk in recovery.

Magisk GitHub : Link
    Could we have Bromite (https://www.bromite.org) instead for next release instead of Via? It's open source GPL3, should be more trusted than closed source Via.
    Thanks to the developer this is the most stable rom out there + everything is working super fine
    My first impressions
    - No lag
    - smooth qs portrait and 64 mp works screen cast works no bugs so far