Ah! okay then, if LTE+ is also known as 4G then things are working perfectly.
One more update on the network issue: I found that the Adaptive Networking setting is *not* the issue I was having. I was using a private DNS under 11.1, dns.adguard.com. I found that they went down about a week ago, coincidentally right around when I installed Elixir. If I set that domain and turn on private DNS, my internet goes away when i'm on mobile data (not WiFi). I have tried their alternate address, dns.adguard-dns.com and that fails the same way.
It's odd that this works on WiFi but not on mobile data. Regardless, it seems the Adaptive setting does not affect this, if I turn private DNS off (or set it to automatic) and Adaptive on, the internet works fine.