[ROM][12.1][grus] LineageOS 19 for Xiaomi Mi 9 SE [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread
Maybe I'm missing something, but how do I get root? I installed the magisk apk, but no ramdisk. Should I flash vbmeta?
I think you have to choose to use ramdisk regardless. The magisk installation guide mentions some devices including Xiaomi incorrectly report they don't have ramdisk, but they actually do. The ramdisk image is in the ROM zip file.

mekos5

Dec 17, 2010
@kyasu great ROM but the fingerprint doesn't work for me and it has a weird pattern every time i try to register a fingerprint.
This is how the flow goes always:
  1. first 4 prints registered
  2. next 6 prints are not registered (doesn't throw an error, it just doesn't move the progress status line)
  3. next 5 are registered
  4. next 5 are not
  5. the next one completes the whole process, without getting into the part that it asks me to add fingerprints from the thumb sides.
i'm on the right kernel, clean install etc.
Any thoughts?

dukeforever

Nov 2, 2010
@kyasu great ROM but the fingerprint doesn't work for me and it has a weird pattern every time i try to register a fingerprint.
  2. next 6 prints are not registered (doesn't throw an error, it just doesn't move the progress status line)
  3. next 5 are registered
  4. next 5 are not
  5. the next one completes the whole process, without getting into the part that it asks me to add fingerprints from the thumb sides.
Any thoughts?
I don't have such issue.

Reactions: dashues

dashues

Mar 15, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
@kyasu This is really an awesome ROM. Thank you so much! I'm testing it now for several months and hardly find any bugs/instabilities. You're great for making this!

There is only one thing I noticed recently where I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature (cannot find an option to turn it off):

When the smartphone is in Standby mode, the fingerprint reader area is still active. One can unlock the phone with it without pushing the power button first. This turns on the phone in my pocket all the time leading to annoying vibrations.

Reactions: Ftopolnjak

dukeforever

Nov 2, 2010
@kyasu This is really an awesome ROM. Thank you so much! I'm testing it now for several months and hardly find any bugs/instabilities. You're great for making this!

There is only one thing I noticed recently where I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature (cannot find an option to turn it off):

When the smartphone is in Standby mode, the fingerprint reader area is still active. One can unlock the phone with it without pushing the power button first. This turns on the phone in my pocket all the time leading to annoying vibrations.

I don't have such issue either. The fingerprint can indeed be used with the screen of but never is triggered in my pocket.

However I have another proble related to network selection, as I'm abroad I am supposed to be able to select different mobile networks, some of which are better than others ... Unfortunately if I unselect automatic network selection I cannot select any provider, it always tells me "failed to connect" or "disconnected" if I click twice on a particular provider. Would you be so kind and try to do it ? ( I'm pretty sure you don't need to be abroad to test if it can connect to other providers)

I think it's LineageOS related, cf: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/4191
Can anyone reproduce ?

Last edited:
  3. next 5 are registered
  4. next 5 are not
Any thoughts?
fingerprint working well in my case

Translated with google, but first of all want to say thanks.

It took a few hours to flash different versions of MIUI three times to flash LineageOS in. But after using LineageOS for a few hours, I found it was worth the time.
Thank you very much for the ROM.

Still looking for a way to change the place where the communication operator is displayed in the lock screen interface. China Unicom is displayed as CHN-Unicom. On the small screen of Mi9se, the operator names of the two cards are too long.

mekos5

Dec 17, 2010
  3. next 5 are registered
  4. next 5 are not
Any thoughts?
It appears that the fingerprint sensor needed recalibration, it did the same weird pattern and failure to recognise prints with other ROMs as well. The below guide is what i followed and fixed it.

buteo

Aug 14, 2007
It appears that the fingerprint sensor needed recalibration, it did the same weird pattern and failure to recognise prints with other ROMs as well. The below guide is what i followed and fixed it.

How did you manage to start service menu? I already tried this after installing the ROM, but the code has no effect both in Google an stock dealer.
It used to work when I was on Xiaomi.eu

mekos5

Dec 17, 2010
How did you manage to start service menu? I already tried this after installing the ROM, but the code has no effect both in Google an stock dealer.
It used to work when I was on Xiaomi.eu
had to to back to stock MIUI, do the calibrations, reboot, confirm the sensor was fixed and then flash this ROM here again.

timvol

May 3, 2022
Thank you very very much for this awesome ROM!

Unfortunately, starting today I cannot unlock my smartphone anymore. It's not recognizing my fingerprint anymore and I'm almost unable to swipe the lock-screen up to use my pattern for unlocking. It looks like it's not recognizing my fingers anymore. I'm also almost unable to press any button for reboot, shutdown or so... I did an emergency call which I was unable to cancel because the phone didn't recognized my touches anymore. Thankfully, I already removed the SIM card, so the emergency call has been cancelled...

Sometimes (in 1 of 50 tries or so) I'm able to unlock the screen and then the phone works as usual until it's getting locked again. I'm a bit confused, because nothing happened to my phone... It was on the table for 30 mins or so and when I came back, I was simply unable to unlock the phone.
So I would be very thankful if anyone is having any idea?! I already rebooted the phone and installed the latest Version of this ROM, but it hasn't been solved :-( Maybe anyone is facing similar problems?

• Wow

kyasu

Sep 23, 2012
Tokyo
Reactions: dashues and tavoc

Ftopolnjak

May 10, 2019
I have to thank you because my phone is again fast and usable!

One annoying thing is little green notification when Phone service is using location, but it's nothing comparable to MIUI :)

masterdex

Apr 16, 2011
First of all THANK YOU. This construction is truly fantastic to give a new life to our silky smooth and truly stable phone. Unlike others, here I can confirm that the bluetooth works well on both Amazefit beep, car stereo, Sony bluetooth speaker, all regular. Clean install with nikgapps core. Thanks again.

JayB1988

Mar 25, 2022
Germany
I'm still looking for a good camera app for this build...

I've tried various versions of GCam Mod but there's none that combines all my wishes into one:

MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV2b_MGC is the most flexible and stable one, making use of all 4 lenses. However, if I wanna record videos at 60 fps I need to use MGC_6.2.030_MI9SE_V4_plus2 but it can only use the normal and ultra wide lense. 48 MP photos aren't possible to my knowledge.

Do you know of a solution that can replace all these? Or is there a configuration error why I can't record 60 fps in 8.1? I mean I can select it but it's still recording at 30 fps.

Ftopolnjak

May 10, 2019
Anyone noticed delay and problem when choosing Camera im WhatsApp? After you take photo, Camera is still moving and not capturing.

And one more thing, when playing Spotify through Bluetooth in my car is showing Album artist for previous song. As you van see, it's playing Vanilla Ice, and showing Album artist for Outkast.
PXL_20220608_080915376.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I uploaded the new build (lineage-19.1-20220806-UNOFFICIAL-grus.zip).
    (True) Android security update date is 2022-08-05.
    Hello, is it possible to dirty flash the new update without any issue?
    Yes. I have updated mine with the last version with adb sideload over the previous one. First adb sideload the firmware and when It finish, adb sideload the last version of mindgapss. Reboot and everything shoud be fine. I had no problem.
    Fantastic build. Used this to replace the LOS17 build previously shared over Telegram. The fact that this can pass security tests means a lot less hastle with banking apps. Generally, no problems with this build at the OS level. It is very stable unlike the very old build from the Telegram group I was using before the team dropped it in favour of KowalskiOS.

One thing that came as a surprise is that the recorder app records in full stereo whereas the old build was in mono and third party apps were problematic. This is fantastic as my Xiaomi phone have largely made my fieldwork devices redundant as the quality is better than all but high-end recording devices (which will not fit in a pocket!). Basically, the smaller varieties of Mi phone for me are for camera, power

I'm not mad on the Android12.0 graphical changes, but that is not of importance. GCam is working fine for the most part. Some apps have problems such as the in work app from Microsoft but can live without that...

The install was without issues, following instructions on #1 and the further details later on #63. Will report any problems as I find them.
    Hello, is it possible to dirty flash the new update without any issue?
    Hey hey thks so much ;)

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

This is an unofficial LineageOS 19 build for the global version of Xiaomi Mi 9 SE (grus).

Requirements
    • Required firmware version is MIUI V12.5.1.0.RFBMIXM.
    • Required TWRP is provided in this post (see below) that returns the correct 'ro.product.device'.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed.
    • Twrp can't decrypt data in android 12, so you need to install updates via adb sideload.
    Known Issues
    • Please tell me
    Instructions
    1. Flash TWRP recovery via fastboot
    2. Boot to TWRP recovery (Vol UP + Power)
    3. Format Data (backup sdcard before format) if MIUI was previously installed
    4. Flash ROM (lineage-*.zip) via adb sideload (Advanced -> ADB sideload)
    5. Flash Gapps (MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64 is recommended) via adb sideload
    6. Reboot
    Enjoy!

NOTES
    • Safetynet can pass on this ROM (without magisk).
    • Regardless of the actual security update date, android security update is always displayed as 2021-04-01 for safetynet passing.
    • Recommended camera app is GCam Port: BSG 8.1 that can handle all of three lenses.
    Downloads
    All: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=327360
    LineageOS 19: lineage-19.1-20220806-UNOFFICIAL-grus.zip
    twrp: twrp-3.6.2_9-ky-grus.img
    firmware: fw_grus_miui_GRUSGlobal_V12.5.1.0.RFBMIXM_c04478d703_11.0.zip

Sources
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_device_xiaomi_grus
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm710
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_vendor_xiaomi_grus

Contributors
    LineageOS team, SDM710 Development team, kyasu

ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    Based On: LineageOS

Created 2022-03-06
    Last Updated 2022-08-06
    I uploaded the new build (lineage-19.1-20220710-UNOFFICIAL-grus.zip).
    (True) Android security update date is 2022-07-05.
    I uploaded the new build (2022-04-28) updated with the latest LineageOS source.
    I uploaded the new build.
    (True) Android security update date is 2022-04-05.
    Fix the issue of the whole screen high brightness on FOD.
    I uploaded the new build.
    (True) Android security update date is 2022-06-05.