[ROM][12.1][grus] LineageOS 19 for Xiaomi Mi 9 SE [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

xchamelionz

Jul 14, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Ok thanks, I don't know if you noticed but some videos codec on instagram doesn't open it regularly. Anyway thanks for new update and support!
(If you could to add signature spoofing for Microg and an internal adblock it would be a dream) @kyasu
There is a way to get microG working without signature spoofing, but I didn't try it yet (maybe sometime in the future after clean flash).

You'll need:
-microG installer revived on Github
-fakeGapps, also on github
-LSposed

https://github.com/nift4/microg_installer_revived (follow instructions here)

Let me know if you make it work, I'm curious.

Reactions: sickeye

elgar

Nov 12, 2006
Kharkiv
Hello, how can I copy files to the device with this Rom? When I copy files, in about a minute there is an error that it cannot get access. I also can't copy when the phone is in recovery mode, since the internal memory is encrypted.

xchamelionz

Jul 14, 2022
Xiaomi Mi 9 SE
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Hello, how can I copy files to the device with this Rom? When I copy files, in about a minute there is an error that it cannot get access. I also can't copy when the phone is in recovery mode, since the internal memory is encrypted.
Did you turn on file transfer from the notification panel once you plug the device?

As you said, twrp can't decrypt data, so in order to flash something you must go in advanced > adb sideload and then sideload the file that you want through adb (put the files inside the platform tools folder)

elgar

Nov 12, 2006
Kharkiv
Did you turn on file transfer from the notification panel once you plug the device?

As you said, twrp can't decrypt data, so in order to flash something you must go in advanced > adb sideload and then sideload the file that you want through adb (put the files inside the platform tools folder)
Yes of course I turned file transfer on. The problem is that it starts copying, and then stops with an error. Maybe the matter is in the cabel. I'll try a different one.

Humpfrey

Jan 18, 2013
Ok thanks, I don't know if you noticed but some videos codec on instagram doesn't open it regularly. Anyway thanks for new update and support!
(If you could to add signature spoofing for Microg and an internal adblock it would be a dream) @kyasu

Maybe adblock via private DNS is something you are interested in?

I am using dns.adguard.com without any issues.

Cheers

Reactions: sickeye

sickeye

Aug 3, 2022
Italy
Thanks for reply, I'm using it as private dns too (dns.adguard.com) but it doesn't block all advertisements but better than nothing! For gps, if I'm inside a structure, keep giving me some problems with "no fix" (fix works only if I active data connection + gps)

Humpfrey

buteo

Aug 14, 2007
Dirty flashed as usual:
1 -sideload install ROM
2-sideload install Mindthegapps
3- sideload install Magisk 25.2
4- reboot system

System starts well, but I cannot see Magisks app. If I install the apk, it does not see Magisk installed.
Anyway root-enabled apps seem to work. AdAway updates hosts file, Filemanager+ write and deletes outside /data/media, I can su- from the terminal.

I previously had Makisk app hidden, and did'nt disable hiding before flashing.

Any idea?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I uploaded the new build (lineage-19.1-20220806-UNOFFICIAL-grus.zip).
    (True) Android security update date is 2022-08-05.
    Fantastic build. Used this to replace the LOS17 build previously shared over Telegram. The fact that this can pass security tests means a lot less hastle with banking apps. Generally, no problems with this build at the OS level. It is very stable unlike the very old build from the Telegram group I was using before the team dropped it in favour of KowalskiOS.

One thing that came as a surprise is that the recorder app records in full stereo whereas the old build was in mono and third party apps were problematic. This is fantastic as my Xiaomi phone have largely made my fieldwork devices redundant as the quality is better than all but high-end recording devices (which will not fit in a pocket!). Basically, the smaller varieties of Mi phone for me are for camera, power

I'm not mad on the Android12.0 graphical changes, but that is not of importance. GCam is working fine for the most part. Some apps have problems such as the in work app from Microsoft but can live without that...

The install was without issues, following instructions on #1 and the further details later on #63. Will report any problems as I find them.
    disable use 4g for voice calls
    I have the same issue (German provider as well: Telekom). As you suggested, disabling 4G calling brings back the ringback tone when waiting for an outgoing call to be picked up. However, this obviously disabled high quality 4G calling (VoLTE), which, to me, seems like a more crucial feature than the ringback tone. I'm wondering, is the missing ringback on VoLTE a LineageOS bug or specific to this version? Did anyone figure out a better solution?

btw: Vodafone resellers in Germany (for instance Lidl Connect) do not provide VoLTE, whereas Telekom and Telefonica resellers do So that may explain differences experienced with different SIM cards.

A second issue I encountered is playback for some videos in the Instagram app. Essentially, instead of videos, I only see stripes (see attached screenshot). I did not experience that with stock MIUI. I suppose there's some issue with one of the video decoders, though I couldn't figure out which codec is affected. If you want to replicate this issue, you can try to view content by "khabyvirall" or "deutschlandfunk". Would be great to see a solution for that.

edit: upon further testing, I see that h265 encoded videos embedded on websites do not display at all, neither in firefox nor in chrome. Other codecs seem to work fine. So I supposed there's some system-level issue with h265 decoding.

Other than that, this ROM works really well and without any further issues for me. Currently, I believe it's the only viable candidate to keep using grus despite end of official seurity patches. Thanks a lot, @kyasu !
    Twrp can't decrypt data in Android 12, in fact you need to use the sideload feature in order to flash something. Go to twrp recovery > advanced > adb sideload.
    To use it you must have connected your phone to your pc with adb and then proceed to sideload.
    Oh, didn't know that. guess i'll just sideload from now on.

Maybe adblock via private DNS is something you are interested in?

I am using dns.adguard.com without any issues.

Cheers

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

This is an unofficial LineageOS 19 build for the global version of Xiaomi Mi 9 SE (grus).

Requirements
    • Required firmware version is MIUI V12.5.1.0.RFBMIXM.
    • Required TWRP is provided in this post (see below) that returns the correct 'ro.product.device'.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed.
    • Twrp can't decrypt data in android 12, so you need to install updates via adb sideload.
    Known Issues
    • Please tell me
    Instructions
    1. Flash TWRP recovery via fastboot
    2. Boot to TWRP recovery (Vol UP + Power)
    3. Format Data (backup sdcard before format) if MIUI was previously installed
    4. Flash ROM (lineage-*.zip) via adb sideload (Advanced -> ADB sideload)
    5. Flash Gapps (MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64 is recommended) via adb sideload
    6. Reboot
    Enjoy!

NOTES
    • Safetynet can pass on this ROM (without magisk).
    • Regardless of the actual security update date, android security update is always displayed as 2021-04-01 for safetynet passing.
    • Recommended camera app is GCam Port: BSG 8.1 that can handle all of three lenses.
    Downloads
    All: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=327360
    LineageOS 19: lineage-19.1-20220806-UNOFFICIAL-grus.zip
    twrp: twrp-3.6.2_9-ky-grus.img
    firmware: fw_grus_miui_GRUSGlobal_V12.5.1.0.RFBMIXM_c04478d703_11.0.zip

Sources
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_device_xiaomi_grus
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm710
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_vendor_xiaomi_grus

Contributors
    LineageOS team, SDM710 Development team, kyasu

ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    Based On: LineageOS

Created 2022-03-06
    Last Updated 2022-08-06
    I uploaded the new build (lineage-19.1-20220710-UNOFFICIAL-grus.zip).
    (True) Android security update date is 2022-07-05.
    I uploaded the new build (2022-04-28) updated with the latest LineageOS source.
    I uploaded the new build.
    (True) Android security update date is 2022-04-05.
    Fix the issue of the whole screen high brightness on FOD.
    I uploaded the new build.
    (True) Android security update date is 2022-06-05.