[ROM][12.1][grus] LineageOS 19 for Xiaomi Mi 9 SE [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

mvlad

Hello, been using this rom for a few days now, its working great! I've only had one issue so far which I wanted to report, partial screenshots don't work to the edge of the screen. As soon as you get within a cm of the screen edge the partial screenshot gets interrupted? Like it doesn't move past that point but it also doesn't confirm or clear the screenshot selection.

Pherkel

Jun 23, 2022
I am having an issue with the fingerprint unlock.
It works directly after reboot but after some minutes to a couple of hours it stops working.
I cannot unlock the phone, use biometric unlock in apps as well as add a new fingerprints.
The fingerprint area light up, but quite dimly.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

caubechandai

Feb 11, 2020
I am having an issue with the fingerprint unlock.
It works directly after reboot but after some minutes to a couple of hours it stops working.
I cannot unlock the phone, use biometric unlock in apps as well as add a new fingerprints.
The fingerprint area light up, but quite dimly.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
uninstall recent app / magisk module

Reactions: max2567

Ftopolnjak

May 10, 2019
After trying to disable HDR on Gcam app is constantly closing and I can't change HDR on again to work. Reinstall solved problen

buteo

Aug 14, 2007
It's crashing again, only on back Camera.
No such an issue with MGC_8.1.101_A9_GVr_snap.apk. Just sometimes it starts with black screen (no image) but it resumes, maybe closing an reopening it .
I instead noticed that, both in gcam and open camera, the electronic level reports wrong direction. Any clue?

Ftopolnjak

May 10, 2019
No such an issue with MGC_8.1.101_A9_GVr_snap.apk. Just sometimes it starts with black screen (no image) but it resumes, maybe closing an reopening it .
I instead noticed that, both in gcam and open camera, the electronic level reports wrong direction. Any clue?
Can you send me the link to download? I found MGC_8.1.101_A9_GV1zfix_snap.apk which don't have HDR option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220625-103258_Camera.png
    Screenshot_20220625-103258_Camera.png
    880.2 KB · Views: 68

Humpfrey

Jan 18, 2013
Hi guys

besides the fact that the fingerprint sensor does not work satisfactorily for me, I have now noticed another "problem":

When I make outgoing calls, I do not hear any call ringing.
Is this problem known or are there any possible solutions? I have also tried to use another "phone" app, same result.

Thanks and greetings

freddie2000

May 13, 2009
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Hi guys

besides the fact that the fingerprint sensor does not work satisfactorily for me, I have now noticed another "problem":

When I make outgoing calls, I do not hear any call ringing.
Is this problem known or are there any possible solutions? I have also tried to use another "phone" app, same result.

Thanks and greetings
disable use 4g for voice calls

Reactions: Humpfrey

Tomasan7

Feb 25, 2017
Hello, would there be anyone kind enough, to give me little more detailed steps on how to install and then update the clean ROM, independent on what was previously installed? Since I've already done it, but sometimes there were problems and I am scared, that I will **** something up.
When I want to install the ROM I have to.

1. Flash custom TWRP using fastboot.
2. Wipe all data.
3. Flash the ROM with sideload.
4. Flash MindTheGapps with sideload.

Is that correct? I think there's something to do with the firmware, but I am not sure.

JayB1988

Mar 25, 2022
Germany
Hello, would there be anyone kind enough, to give me little more detailed steps on how to install and then update the clean ROM, independent on what was previously installed? Since I've already done it, but sometimes there were problems and I am scared, that I will **** something up.
When I want to install the ROM I have to.

1. Flash custom TWRP using fastboot.
2. Wipe all data.
3. Flash the ROM with sideload.
4. Flash MindTheGapps with sideload.

Is that correct? I think there's something to do with the firmware, but I am not sure.
Yes, that ist correct.

There's something else I just experienced, but only twice so far.
After a few days of use at some point the screen color saturation suddenly goes down and everything looks pale. A reboot fixes that but I haven't found out what causes it. I suspect it has to do with the livedisplay mode for direct sunlight but I can't confirm that yet.

freddie2000

May 13, 2009
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Hello, Can someone confirm if internet sharing works? Since the last update I've noticed that it won't let me activate it.
I don't know if it will be a dirty flash failure or a firmware bug. Thank you.

Last edited:

Humpfrey

Jan 18, 2013
Hello, Can someone confirm if internet sharing works? Since the last update I've noticed that it won't let me activate it.
I don't know if it will be a dirty flash failure or a firmware bug. Thank you.

If u meant Hotspot, yes it's working for me.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220702-141452_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20220702-141452_Einstellungen.png
    144 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20220702-141506_Einstellungen.png
    Screenshot_20220702-141506_Einstellungen.png
    192.9 KB · Views: 25

mruzaini

Yes, that ist correct.

There's something else I just experienced, but only twice so far.
After a few days of use at some point the screen color saturation suddenly goes down and everything looks pale. A reboot fixes that but I haven't found out what causes it. I suspect it has to do with the livedisplay mode for direct sunlight but I can't confirm that yet.
I've noticed that the display did not switch back to sdr mode after watching hdr video.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

This is an unofficial LineageOS 19 build for the global version of Xiaomi Mi 9 SE (grus).

Requirements
    • Required firmware version is MIUI V12.5.1.0.RFBMIXM.
    • Required TWRP is provided in this post (see below) that returns the correct 'ro.product.device'.
    • Formatting data (all user data is wiped, including internal storage) is a must if MIUI was previously installed.
    • Twrp can't decrypt data in android 12, so you need to install updates via adb sideload.
    Known Issues
    • Please tell me
    Instructions
    1. Flash TWRP recovery via fastboot
    2. Boot to TWRP recovery (Vol UP + Power)
    3. Format Data (backup sdcard before format) if MIUI was previously installed
    4. Flash ROM (lineage-*.zip) via adb sideload (Advanced -> ADB sideload)
    5. Flash Gapps (MindTheGapps-12.1.0-arm64 is recommended) via adb sideload
    6. Reboot
    Enjoy!

NOTES
    • Safetynet can pass on this ROM (without magisk).
    • Regardless of the actual security update date, android security update is always displayed as 2021-04-01 for safetynet passing.
    • Recommended camera app is GCam Port: BSG 8.1 that can handle all of three lenses.
    Downloads
    All: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=327360
    LineageOS 19: lineage-19.1-20221007-UNOFFICIAL-grus.zip
    twrp: twrp-3.6.2_9-ky-grus.img
    firmware: fw_grus_miui_GRUSGlobal_V12.5.1.0.RFBMIXM_c04478d703_11.0.zip

Sources
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_device_xiaomi_grus
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm710
    https://github.com/kyasu/android_vendor_xiaomi_grus

Contributors
    LineageOS team, SDM710 Development team, kyasu

ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9
    Based On: LineageOS

Created 2022-03-06
    Last Updated 2022-10-08
    I uploaded the new build (lineage-19.1-20220710-UNOFFICIAL-grus.zip).
    (True) Android security update date is 2022-07-05.
    I uploaded the new build (2022-04-28) updated with the latest LineageOS source.
    I uploaded the new build.
    (True) Android security update date is 2022-04-05.
    Fix the issue of the whole screen high brightness on FOD.
    I uploaded the new build.
    (True) Android security update date is 2022-06-05.