[ROM][12.1][guacamole] Project Elixir [OFFICIAL] [OnePlus 7 Pro][AOSP]

Search This thread

El Brillantinas

Sep 3, 2011
Vanaheim
1. There was a clock bug in released build but we fix in early access builds on patreon
2. for that u need to toggle on vibration icon option from sound > scroll down > always show .....

Thanks for the review! Keep supporting if you like our work.

Excelent! the number 2 wasn't a bug at all, I just didn't realize there was an option for that. Thank you!!

Reactions: sourav24071999

Epic028

Jan 5, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
Pretty nice rom, but one important bug I came accross. When I was trying to download the system update, I switched from mobile data to WIFI. Then the download failed and now every time I try to resume the download, even after restarting, wiping cache, wiping system update app cache, and going back to mobile data, it still fails to resume downloading. So I might have to factory reset to fix it.

El Brillantinas

Sep 3, 2011
Vanaheim
I just found out that I've been updated via OTA but it keeps downloading the same build!

The update process goes fine but as mentioned, it's the same build, nothing changes!

Screenshot_20220808-090431_Settings.png

Tried 4 times already, but this persists.

Should I try update via recovery, instead?

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized this is the newest build available so far (without patreon suscription). All good then, I guess!

Last edited:

sourav24071999

Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2018
India
www.patreon.com
Pretty nice rom, but one important bug I came accross. When I was trying to download the system update, I switched from mobile data to WIFI. Then the download failed and now every time I try to resume the download, even after restarting, wiping cache, wiping system update app cache, and going back to mobile data, it still fails to resume downloading. So I might have to factory reset to fix it.
Download link isnt resumable

sourav24071999

Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2018
India
www.patreon.com
I just found out that I've been updated via OTA but it keeps downloading the same build!

The update process goes fine but as mentioned, it's the same build, nothing changes!

View attachment 5680867

Tried 4 times already, but this persists.

Should I try update via recovery, instead?

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized this is the newest build available so far (without patreon suscription). All good then, I guess!
yeah, v4.8 is on patreon

akhropond

Jul 28, 2016
Sideloading update in Pixel experience recovery gives Error: Product is OnePlus7pro but expected guacamole. (Not exact wording)
Any idea how to fix it?

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
Really liking this rom, but i'm having issues with granting permissions to apps when they request it, I'm unable to click in okay.

Is their a workaround?

Also audio, is garbled/distorted when transitioning between screens/apps, is their a fix for this?

Update: Fixed!

The permission issue, workaround, approved permission manually in /settings/app. (Not, all apps seem to be affected by this issue)

Audio issue; that's exacerbated if enabling 90Hz, setting to 60Hz significantly reduces audio distortion between app switching to acceptable levels/almost eliminates completely.

Additionally I'm also using "Audio jitter silencer" Magisk mod to help with audio.

Overall, an excellent rom that I plan to use as my daily going forward.

VOLTE/WiFi calling working great too as well!

Thank you op and Dev team, keep up the good work!!

Last edited:

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
boot.img broken on 2.0
Update works fine here, no issues. Upgraded via OTA but re-flashed Magisk via app before rebooting

Thanks for the update Dev and Co.

Update 2: 90Hz is working great on the latest update, no more audio jitter when multitasking!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220824-081553_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220824-081553_Settings.png
    402.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Epic028

Jan 5, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
Anyone able to install magisk on 2.0? Whenever I patch the boot.img, the phone doesn't boot to system. It also had problems booting after flashing the rom.

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
Anyone able to install magisk on 2.0? Whenever I patch the boot.img, the phone doesn't boot to system. It also had problems booting after flashing the rom

I don't know what to suggest as Magisk is working fine here on 2.0.

I did arrive on 2.0 via OTA, so, perhaps try that path next, flash previous manually, then upgrade via OTA and before rebooting after the update, open the magisk manager app and select patch inactive slot.

I have also previously followed the LineageOS tutorial to upgrade via bootloader the vendor firmware to latest available from OOS so something else to try if you haven't done so.

Could it also be a module? You've tried to disable all modules before upgrading via OTA?

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
Update; so, unfortunately, Google pay/Wallet is no longer working for me on the latest build.

It was working with previous.

Here's some good news.

I previously came from
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][Guacamole][12] LineageOS v19.1 [Weeklies]

While there, Google pay/Wallet never worked for me for that rom despite passing Basic Integrity Play Test, YASNAC, Root Beer Sample stating "Not Rooted"

I just ran these same tests on this latest update, results the same.

But despite all that, at the Point of Sale, it's the same effect now as was the case on the other rom, when I tap, my NFC auto turns off.

I did see that the dev of that rom recently wrote on his thread he was wondering if the issue is fw related.

Perhaps you guys can collaborate to find fix?

The only mods I was running previously on previous fw where google pay was working great were universal safety net fix (mod) & Shamiko

Epic028

Jan 5, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
I don't know what to suggest as Magisk is working fine here on 2.0.

I did arrive on 2.0 via OTA, so, perhaps try that path next, flash previous manually, then upgrade via OTA and before rebooting after the update, open the magisk manager app and select patch inactive slot.

I have also previously followed the LineageOS tutorial to upgrade via bootloader the vendor firmware to latest available from OOS so something else to try if you haven't done so.

Could it also be a module? You've tried to disable all modules before upgrading via OTA?
I actually did a clean flash, totally wiped data and system files in twrp. Then flashed everything from payload dump onto both slots A and B. I'll try flashing it again once 2.1 comes out.

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
Your using TWRP?

Didn't think that was available for Android 11 without issues.

Backup and restore working?
I actually did a clean flash, totally wiped data and system files in twrp. Then flashed everything from payload dump onto both slots A and B. I'll try flashing it again once 2.1 comes out.
Oh that could be the issue.

The recommendation is to use the boot made available with the rom.

I was under the impression TWRP is kind of broken on Android 12

Epic028

Jan 5, 2017
OnePlus 7 Pro
Your using TWRP?

Didn't think that was available for Android 11 without issues.

Backup and restore working?

Oh that could be the issue.

The recommendation is to use the boot made available with the rom.

I was under the impression TWRP is kind of broken on Android 12
Yeah that's what I meant, I only used twrp for clearing data and wiping things before installing. I used the boot.img from the rom. Also most A12 roms support twrp, as long as you flash it together with the rom's boot.img from twrp and not from fastboot.
Update: I got it working after resetting my phone through msm tool and updating all the way to the latest oos 11 build. Some of the critical partitions probably got updated and now I can patch magisk onto the boot. Though the phone has to not be plugged in to anything boot.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Awesome ROM, loving it since I switched from OOS.
    Since update to 2.0 I have a big bug, can't make calls. Calls starts and after a few seconds the call closes without any audio indication. Calls are working perfectly fine via WiFi (Wifi calling). It seems to bee a problem with VoLTE not working and phone can't switch from 4G to 3G for calling. Anybody else is experience this ?
    Thank you for your suggestion. Disabling the "calls over LTE" fixes the problem(kind of).
    Didn't have issues in previous version with VoLte
    No prob glad it fixed it even if just a little.

And that's odd its new to this build. If you'd like to keep using VoLTE you could try getting a logcat (adb logcat) with the VoLTE enabled, then try making a call. The log should show exactly what the error is and maybe it will help the dev fix it (or pinpoint that it's on your end and not the ROM). Simply copy the log, save as a text file and upload (attach file) or paste it to a web service like pastebin.com then tag the dev to let him know.
    Is there an A13 build for patrons?
    I appreciate the release of the 3.1 build (A13), but visible sim or verizon isn't working properly.
    2ywS3ld.png

Android 13 Update alert of Project Elixir for the
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    [Guacamole ]

Do consider donating or buying us coffee on Paypal or join us on Patreon for sustainable support and rewards if you want to appreciate our work.

UPI: [email protected]
    PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/uglykid24
    Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/join/uglykid24

---- New XDA Thread is Here ----

HkvVB5q.jpg

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions, and proper bug reports are important to us but don't be disrespectful to anyone here. Your suggestions and proper bug reports will be taken into consideration.."

Project Elixir is another aftermarket AOSP ROM which basically offers minimal UI enhancement & close to Stock Android ROM with great performance, security and stability. Most of the OEMs' these days will provide slow and untimely updates, but we don't do that here. We closely follow Google to bring the latest updates to our users, and even prolong support for devices that have been declared obsolete by OEMs. Our ROMs' source code is open-source, secure, stable, and outstanding. Your experience while using Project Elixir will be butter smooth without compromising the quality of the Android experience. In short, it's perfectly balanced between Great Performance, Security, stability, minimal UI & awesome features including pixel goodies So do not hesitate anymore, join us now and start enjoying the beauty of stock Android. Download and enjoy Project Elixir on your respective devices!

54eoyEC.jpg

- Saurav - Founder & lead Developer

- Probir - Developer / Team

- Nishant - Developer / Team

- Mayur - Developer / Team

- And Also Our Hardworking Maintainers

hJB9yS3.jpg

// Checkout the latest changes you get //

Latest Changelog: https://projectelixiros.com/changelog

NOTE : Well in Project Elixir you get all the useful features and with updating source every month it's hard to keep all the threads updated everytime everywhere so kindly visit our website for latest changes and screenshots.

// A screenshot is worth of thousand words //

Latest Screenshots : https://projectelixiros.com/gallery

NOTE : Well in Project Elixir you get all the useful features and with updating source every month it's hard to keep all the threads updated everytime everywhere so kindly visit our website for latest changes and screenshots.

NYGtJjs.jpg

---------- OFFICIAL Download Server ! ----------

NOTE: Please keep in mind that these are Gapps Builds and there is no vanilla build of this rom available.

// Visit Our OFFICIAL Website //
    // Tap Here for Screenshots //

UXZsIV9.jpg

NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

CLEAN FLASH (Moving From A11 to A12)

- Download the latest build
    - Take a backup for safe side
    - Boot to Recovery
    - Format Data by typing yes
    - Flash the latest build

- Reboot:p

What works?

Wifi | RIL | Mobile data | GPS | Camera
    Flashlight | Camcorder | Bluetooth | Fingerprint reader | Lights | Sound | vibration
    Almost everything

What doesn't work? or Any Bug ?

You tell me! :p

BUG REPORT !!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat and please inform us via Telegram or XDA.

for more READ THIS

fOsafBy.jpg

- Android Open-Source Project

- Pixel Experience
    - LineageOS
    - Proton AOSP
    - Arrow OS

- Others, I may have forgot to mention

ESLL08G.jpg

- Android OS version: 12.1
    - Security patch: June 2022
    - Build author/Device Maintainer : <MHMDeveloper & Saurav>
    - DEVICE: <OnePlus 7 Pro>
    - DEVICE CODENAME: <guacamole>

---- Sources and Documentation ----

- ROM Source Code
    - Kernel Source
    - OFFICIAL DEVICES
    - Documentation

jSshoUc.jpg

-- OFFICIAL Website and Telegram Support Groups --

-- Visit our OFFICIAL Website
    -- DEVICE UPDATE TELEGRAM CHANNEL --
    -- SUPPORT/DISCUSSION TELEGRAM GROUP --

ZAV6Gdf.jpg

// Giving little CAN HELP A LOT //

- As you know build is free but building ROM needs a server. And Maintaining source and device stuff needs a server and it's pretty expensive for a student.
    - Do consider donating on Patreon for sustainable support and rewards or buying me a coffee if you want to appriciate our work.
    - Thank you for your support !

* UPI ID: [email protected] (Indian Users)
    * Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/uglykid24
    * Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/join/uglykid24

PicsArt_06-06-07.57.46.jpg

Screenshots Here :
    Donate Here :
    Changelog Here :
    Really liking this rom, but i'm having issues with granting permissions to apps when they request it, I'm unable to click in okay.

Is their a workaround?

Also audio, is garbled/distorted when transitioning between screens/apps, is their a fix for this?

Update: Fixed!

The permission issue, workaround, approved permission manually in /settings/app. (Not, all apps seem to be affected by this issue)

Audio issue; that's exacerbated if enabling 90Hz, setting to 60Hz significantly reduces audio distortion between app switching to acceptable levels/almost eliminates completely.

Additionally I'm also using "Audio jitter silencer" Magisk mod to help with audio.

Overall, an excellent rom that I plan to use as my daily going forward.

VOLTE/WiFi calling working great too as well!

Thank you op and Dev team, keep up the good work!!
    looks great , downloading rn
    @mike6a Don't be scared:

— For Linux, you have a guide here.
    — For Windows, you have a guide here.
    — On both OS here.