[ROM][12.1][guacamole] Project Elixir [OFFICIAL] [OnePlus 7 Pro][AOSP]

Search This thread

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
Nvm.

Yes, GPay / Google wallet definitely does not work

Just tried upgrading again, this time I tried GPay without root installed at all.

I think it's a 12.1 issue as unofficial lineage 19.1 has the same issue.

Is 12.1 a beta? I read somewhere all betas fail Pay/Wallet because betas are not signed, has to be signed for Pay to work

Now is there a way to downgrade without formatting data partition? Can I sideload the previous build?

Kind of brutal as TWRP isn't available either, no fault of the devs, I get that.... But without a downgrade option or any recourse I'm going to be less to try new things, just don't have the time I once did

Can you guys consider adding an editable system update path field in the future? Would be convenient to just point to a personal fork of the previous compatible devices guacamole.json file to downgrade.

I spent some time yesterday trying my best to hack that myself, forked your project and decrypted the included system update APK, couldn't find a path to edit. I suppose it may be because, ultimately that path is managed elsewhere, perhaps nativity?

Last edited:

doktor24h

Jan 9, 2015
Svit
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hmm, I don't have any issue with Gpay. I installed latest update via OTA but I am not rooted. Only issue was on previous 1.9 with my bank app. Bank app was not in Google play but I downloaded from Aptoide.

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
Bizarre.... What model phone so you have?

I have GM1910

When you say you don't have issues with gpay are you talking about using the NFC to pay for purchase at the terminal.

On 2.0 gpay technically works I suppose, but it's the NFC exchange at terminal that fails.

No such issue on 1.9, on 1.9 it works

Last edited:

El Brillantinas

Sep 3, 2011
Vanaheim
Updated to the newest version. Sweeeet!

I only found a couple of minor bugs.

In custom styles for lockscreen clock, the "Sfuny" one won't update time in AOD. Also, it has a bug that slowly moves the clock all the way down, over-layering the fingerprint scanner icon. It's necessary to restart the system or the UI to fix this.
Other styles don't do this but they aren't updating time either. Only default clock style is working fine.

Another bug is that if you set a custom animation when unlocking the phone with fingerprint, it kinda loses sensibility, it's harder for it to recognize my fingerprint.

And the volume for media in the speaker was drastically reduced, correct? I didn't have any complains when it was louder, I just think it's kinda low now. A little bit of more volume would be better IMO.

doktor24h

Jan 9, 2015
Svit
OnePlus 7 Pro
Screenshot_20220831-174906_Pixel Launcher~3.png

I am only who have darker areas on same places? It looks like brightness is on different level. It happens everywhere not only in brightness slider.(Of course with rectangle shape, screen shot is just for example)

vingaDV

May 21, 2016
Romania
OnePlus 7 Pro
Awesome ROM, loving it since I switched from OOS.
Since update to 2.0 I have a big bug, can't make calls. Calls starts and after a few seconds the call closes without any audio indication. Calls are working perfectly fine via WiFi (Wifi calling). It seems to bee a problem with VoLTE not working and phone can't switch from 4G to 3G for calling. Anybody else is experience this ?

Last edited:
Reactions: sourav24071999

theslam08

Awesome ROM, loving it since I switched from OOS.
Since update to 2.0 I have a big bug, can't make calls. Calls starts and after a few seconds the call closes without any audio indication. Calls are working perfectly fine via WiFi (Wifi calling). It seems to bee a problem with VoLTE not working and phone can't switch from 4G to 3G for calling. Anybody else is experience this ?
Not sure if this would fix it or if the setting even exists in this ROM but check to see if there is a setting in the network settings to disable the "calls using VoLTE". I see it in some ROMS, it may be in this one. And if so, may be disabling it might help?

Might also be the network type, make sure LTE is in the string of network types chosen.

Last but not least, maybe the APN is misconfigured?

vingaDV

May 21, 2016
Romania
OnePlus 7 Pro
Not sure if this would fix it or if the setting even exists in this ROM but check to see if there is a setting in the network settings to disable the "calls using VoLTE". I see it in some ROMS, it may be in this one. And if so, may be disabling it might help?

Might also be the network type, make sure LTE is in the string of network types chosen.

Last but not least, maybe the APN is misconfigured?
Thank you for your suggestion. Disabling the "calls over LTE" fixes the problem(kind of).
Didn't have issues in previous version with VoLte

theslam08

Thank you for your suggestion. Disabling the "calls over LTE" fixes the problem(kind of).
Didn't have issues in previous version with VoLte
No prob glad it fixed it even if just a little.

And that's odd its new to this build. If you'd like to keep using VoLTE you could try getting a logcat (adb logcat) with the VoLTE enabled, then try making a call. The log should show exactly what the error is and maybe it will help the dev fix it (or pinpoint that it's on your end and not the ROM). Simply copy the log, save as a text file and upload (attach file) or paste it to a web service like pastebin.com then tag the dev to let him know.

Reactions: vingaDV

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
I found a fix for the audio distortion when on operating at 90Hz on fw 1.9

Two Magisk Modules;
- Audio Jitter Fix
- STRP x SRC

Then, use STRP to set 90Hz instead of system settings

I've also have used kernel auditor to set scheduler to noop

...and disabled zswap, because I have 12 GB ram, lol

Last edited:

sourav24071999

Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2018
India
www.patreon.com
Reactions: Baldesarra

sarmad_123

Feb 16, 2018
It's a great rom and very stable. Honestly, it has made my first custom rom experience good and I'm happy about it. Though can I get solutions to some issues I'm facing. Battery life while usage is kinda same as OOS but on idle(with wifi and AOD on) it sucks. It's idle discharge rate is around 5.5% which is far more than OOS. Another caveat is that volume level is lower than what was on OOS. Is that something to do with motoaudio app, idk. Last think is a request. Can we change volume slider location to left side as it was on OOS where physical volume buttons are located and not like pixel on right side.

Reactions: sourav24071999

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there an A13 build for patrons?
    I appreciate the release of the 3.1 build (A13), but visible sim or verizon isn't working properly.
    2ywS3ld.png

Android 13 Update alert of Project Elixir for the
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    [Guacamole ]

Do consider donating or buying us coffee on Paypal or join us on Patreon for sustainable support and rewards if you want to appreciate our work.

UPI: [email protected]
    PayPal: https://www.paypal.me/uglykid24
    Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/join/uglykid24

---- New XDA Thread is Here ----

It's a great rom and very stable. Honestly, it has made my first custom rom experience good and I'm happy about it. Though can I get solutions to some issues I'm facing. Battery life while usage is kinda same as OOS but on idle(with wifi and AOD on) it sucks. It's idle discharge rate is around 5.5% which is far more than OOS. Another caveat is that volume level is lower than what was on OOS. Is that something to do with motoaudio app, idk. Last think is a request. Can we change volume slider location to left side as it was on OOS where physical volume buttons are located and not like pixel on right side.

HkvVB5q.jpg

Code:
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone by installing any custom ROMs and/or kernels.
    * You do it at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself and you are not to blame us or XDA and its respected developers.

"This is a user-friendly thread, all your suggestions, and proper bug reports are important to us but don't be disrespectful to anyone here. Your suggestions and proper bug reports will be taken into consideration.."

Project Elixir is another aftermarket AOSP ROM which basically offers minimal UI enhancement & close to Stock Android ROM with great performance, security and stability. Most of the OEMs' these days will provide slow and untimely updates, but we don't do that here. We closely follow Google to bring the latest updates to our users, and even prolong support for devices that have been declared obsolete by OEMs. Our ROMs' source code is open-source, secure, stable, and outstanding. Your experience while using Project Elixir will be butter smooth without compromising the quality of the Android experience. In short, it's perfectly balanced between Great Performance, Security, stability, minimal UI & awesome features including pixel goodies So do not hesitate anymore, join us now and start enjoying the beauty of stock Android. Download and enjoy Project Elixir on your respective devices!

54eoyEC.jpg

- Saurav - Founder & lead Developer

- Probir - Developer / Team

- Nishant - Developer / Team

- Mayur - Developer / Team

- And Also Our Hardworking Maintainers

hJB9yS3.jpg

// Checkout the latest changes you get //

Latest Changelog: https://projectelixiros.com/changelog

NOTE : Well in Project Elixir you get all the useful features and with updating source every month it's hard to keep all the threads updated everytime everywhere so kindly visit our website for latest changes and screenshots.

// A screenshot is worth of thousand words //

Latest Screenshots : https://projectelixiros.com/gallery

NOTE : Well in Project Elixir you get all the useful features and with updating source every month it's hard to keep all the threads updated everytime everywhere so kindly visit our website for latest changes and screenshots.

NYGtJjs.jpg

---------- OFFICIAL Download Server ! ----------

NOTE: Please keep in mind that these are Gapps Builds and there is no vanilla build of this rom available.

// Visit Our OFFICIAL Website //
    // Tap Here for Screenshots //

UXZsIV9.jpg

NOTE: It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine. If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

CLEAN FLASH (Moving From A11 to A12)

- Download the latest build
    - Take a backup for safe side
    - Boot to Recovery
    - Format Data by typing yes
    - Flash the latest build

- Reboot:p

What works?

Wifi | RIL | Mobile data | GPS | Camera
    Flashlight | Camcorder | Bluetooth | Fingerprint reader | Lights | Sound | vibration
    Almost everything

What doesn't work? or Any Bug ?

You tell me! :p

BUG REPORT !!

As soon as the problem occurs, take a logcat and please inform us via Telegram or XDA.

for more READ THIS

fOsafBy.jpg

- Android Open-Source Project

- Pixel Experience
    - LineageOS
    - Proton AOSP
    - Arrow OS

- Others, I may have forgot to mention

ESLL08G.jpg

- Android OS version: 12.1
    - Security patch: June 2022
    - Build author/Device Maintainer : <MHMDeveloper & Saurav>
    - DEVICE: <OnePlus 7 Pro>
    - DEVICE CODENAME: <guacamole>

---- Sources and Documentation ----

- ROM Source Code
    - Kernel Source
    - OFFICIAL DEVICES
    - Documentation

jSshoUc.jpg

-- OFFICIAL Website and Telegram Support Groups --

-- Visit our OFFICIAL Website
    -- DEVICE UPDATE TELEGRAM CHANNEL --
    -- SUPPORT/DISCUSSION TELEGRAM GROUP --

ZAV6Gdf.jpg

// Giving little CAN HELP A LOT //

- As you know build is free but building ROM needs a server. And Maintaining source and device stuff needs a server and it's pretty expensive for a student.
    - Do consider donating on Patreon for sustainable support and rewards or buying me a coffee if you want to appriciate our work.
    - Thank you for your support !

* UPI ID: [email protected] (Indian Users)
    * Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/uglykid24
    * Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/join/uglykid24

PicsArt_06-06-07.57.46.jpg

Screenshots Here :
    Donate Here :
    Changelog Here :
    Really liking this rom, but i'm having issues with granting permissions to apps when they request it, I'm unable to click in okay.

Is their a workaround?

Also audio, is garbled/distorted when transitioning between screens/apps, is their a fix for this?

Update: Fixed!

The permission issue, workaround, approved permission manually in /settings/app. (Not, all apps seem to be affected by this issue)

Audio issue; that's exacerbated if enabling 90Hz, setting to 60Hz significantly reduces audio distortion between app switching to acceptable levels/almost eliminates completely.

Additionally I'm also using "Audio jitter silencer" Magisk mod to help with audio.

Overall, an excellent rom that I plan to use as my daily going forward.

VOLTE/WiFi calling working great too as well!

Thank you op and Dev team, keep up the good work!!
    looks great , downloading rn
    @mike6a Don't be scared:

— For Linux, you have a guide here.
    — For Windows, you have a guide here.
    — On both OS here.