[ROM][12.1]LineageOS 19 [with microG] for OnePlus 5 & 5T

Search This thread

bonswouar

Mar 3, 2016
Small thing I couldn't find though, there is no more option to show network speed indicator in the status bar in LOS 19? Really liked that functionality

new update via ota or see download link

2022-07-04 16:18:11

Changelog
- Clear cache
- Synchronized with LineageOS sources
Changelog device tree:

Changelog mircoG
no changes

oneplus 5T dumpling
lineage-19.1-20220704-microG-signed-dumpling.zip
oneplus 5 cheeseburger
lineage-19.1-20220704-microG-signed-cheeseburger.zip

Support for german users

Dashboard - LOS-Legacy®

Deine Android Community

Have fun with the new ROM and stay healthy(y)

CharlesDicken

Oct 20, 2013
  • Connectivity checks designed to mimic a web browser user agent are performed by using HTTP and HTTPS to fetch standard URLs generating an HTTP 204 status code. This is used to detect when internet connectivity is lost on a network, which triggers fallback to other available networks if possible. These checks are designed to detect and handle captive portals which substitute the expected empty 204 response with their own web page.
    The connectivity checks are done by performing an empty GET request to a server returning an empty response with a 204 No Content response code. The request uses a standard, frozen value for the user agent matching the same value used by billions of other Android devices:
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3112.32 Safari/537.36
    No query / data is sent to the servers and the response is unused beyond checking the response code.
    Connectivity checks are performed for each network connection and for VPN connections on top of those. This allows the OS to choose the right underlying network for a VPN and to handle many types of captive portals without the user turning off their VPN.
    You can change the connectivity check URLs via the Settings ➔ Network & Internet ➔ Internet connectivity check setting. At the moment, it can be toggled between the GrapheneOS servers (default), the standard Google servers used by billions of other Android devices or disabled.
    By default, the GrapheneOS connectivity check servers are used via the following URLs:

bonswouar

Mar 3, 2016
  • Connectivity checks designed to mimic a web browser user agent are performed by using HTTP and HTTPS to fetch standard URLs generating an HTTP 204 status code. This is used to detect when internet connectivity is lost on a network, which triggers fallback to other available networks if possible. These checks are designed to detect and handle captive portals which substitute the expected empty 204 response with their own web page.
    The connectivity checks are done by performing an empty GET request to a server returning an empty response with a 204 No Content response code. The request uses a standard, frozen value for the user agent matching the same value used by billions of other Android devices:
    Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3112.32 Safari/537.36
    No query / data is sent to the servers and the response is unused beyond checking the response code.
    Connectivity checks are performed for each network connection and for VPN connections on top of those. This allows the OS to choose the right underlying network for a VPN and to handle many types of captive portals without the user turning off their VPN.
    You can change the connectivity check URLs via the Settings ➔ Network & Internet ➔ Internet connectivity check setting. At the moment, it can be toggled between the GrapheneOS servers (default), the standard Google servers used by billions of other Android devices or disabled.
    By default, the GrapheneOS connectivity check servers are used via the following URLs:
Interesting, I wonder what's the actual URL in the current rom! Is it handled by microG or out of its scope?

bonswouar

Mar 3, 2016
No idea what you have for a problem with me everything works as it should.
I think he was asking if it would be possible to customize this "connectivity check URL" in some next release (I'd guess for some privacy concern - not pinging google for no reason - for example); but I believe it should be an enhancement request directly for LOS

Last edited:
OK with the next update it should be the same as with GrapheneOS.
I just received this from my colleague.
Screenshot_2022-07-18-19-00-08-62_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

degoogled this part......

Last edited:
Reactions: bonswouar
new update via ota or see download link

Changelog 22.07.2022
- Synced with LineageOS sources
- remove LineageOS packages_modules_Connectivity
- add GrapheneOS packages_modules_Connectivity
for more information you can read here

- update bromite-WebView 103.0.5060.121
- update bromite Browser 103.0.5060.121

Changelog mircoG
no changes

oneplus 5T dumpling
lineage-19.1-20220722-microG-signed-dumpling.zip
oneplus 5 cheeseburger
lineage-19.1-20220722-microG-signed-cheeseburger.zip

prana_Sky

Aug 21, 2010
Melbourne
Can someone help me out and let me know if we are meant to be encrypted or if encryption is meant to be disabled to run lineage 19.1 on 5t.

I have had problems with my device being encrypted in recovery when updating to current build. and even formatting data (yes) and booting into new install of lineage, then when booting back into recovery everything was encrypted again.:rolleyes: :unsure:

After bit of troubleshooting installed latest twrp and coming from orange fox recovery but it did not make a difference it still encrypted everything even once formatted again. so ended up going back to orange fox 11.1 and enabling (disable forced encryption) and wiped/ flashed lineage again booted up, back into recovery and had my files back. but after flashing latest Majesk 25.2 and rebooting ROM when into bootloop.

so after many attempts ended up flashing Majesk and no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 which failed, then disabled (disable force encrypt) in recovery and rebooted to recovery then rebooted to lineage and it finally booted up with majesk installed.

so now the only thing i would like is to be encrypted again. but would like to know if this rom will let me.
Thanks

Regina Rainbow

Nov 1, 2015
How-to migrate from LineageOS for microG 19.1 to LOS Legacy for microG 19.1

Important
: The script inside lineage-migration-microG-to-los_legacy-microg.zip needs access to your data partition. It will only work in following cases:

a) Your data partition is unencrypted
b) You use unofficial TWRP 3.6.2 v5 or higher, which can decrypt storage: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...12-cheeseburger-dumpling-06-jul-2022.4351795/

Steps to migrate from LineageOS for microG 19.1 to LOS Legacy for microG 19.1:
1) Boot into TWRP (if encrypted) or lineage recovery (if unencrypted)
2) For a one time boot into TWRP you can:

Bash:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot /path-to/twrp_op5_op5t_3.6.2_12.1-test-v6.img

3) From recovery flash lineage-migration-microg-to-los_legacy-microg.zip - DON'T REBOOT!
4) Directly after flashing the migration.zip, flash the latest LOS Legacy microG ROM while in the same recovery session
5) Reboot system
6) Check if all boxes are still ticket in microG Self-Check; if not, re-tick them and reboot again

Edit:
@Exodusnick: Thanks for providing the keys necessary for building this ZIP; more info can be found in the telegram group.

Attachments

• lineage-migration-microG-to-los_legacy-microg.zip
    12.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Reactions: Exodusnick
Lineageos microg uses only the

And I see OP Thread.
I started about 2 months earlier than officially lineageos microg .
I personally don't like these builds because you have nowhere to contact like for example the developer of microg.
As these all microg builds are created automatically (blind builds) without being tested for bugs beforehand.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts