[ROM] [12.1] [OFFICIAL] AICP 17.1 [OOS12] [instantnoodlep]

Search This thread

semdoc

Recognized Contributor

logo_black.png

AICP
Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS), we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and then changed to be based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.
We changed again for Android Q-S with a base of AOSP repositories and some additions from LineageOS for device-specific repositories.

If there are any bugs we will sort them out if it concerns our codebase. This ROM isn't LineageOS supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
*/

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning, we would like to thank:

LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
Evolution X Team & @AnierinB
GZOSP team
@maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
DU team
Resurrection Remix team
AOSiP team
Whole Android Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
@eyosen
@semdoc
@SpiritCroc
@wartomato
@Miccia
plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build weeklies and everything that comes with this, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 17.1

Download link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Please note that official builds will be deleted from our servers every month due to maintenance services.
Starting with AICP 15 we will be storing a copy of the most recent release here: https://media.aicp-rom.com/vault/.

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
(Just click the changelog button next to the download link in the list of builds available for your device)

Google Apps:
We recommend MindTheGapps as it has been thoroughly tested and it works well with the ROM, some other minimal (and others) GApps packages could have issues, so try using MindTheGapps if you have any issues with other GApps packages

MindTheGapps: Download from HERE

issues.png

You tell... :p

FAQ:
Before using the ROM:
Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
A. Yes, just look here to see what day your device is built on.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
A. No. You can still use them, but the discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Does this ROM include GApps or do I have to flash them separately?
A. No, we do not include prebuilt GApps, because of possible licensing issues with Google Software and because some users do not want GApps preinstalled as they want to use alternative services like MicroG or just prefer flashing a GApps "flavor" of their liking.

Q. Does this ROM use the camera or gallery app from stock?
A. It depends on the device. In most cases, these apps include proprietary libs/code and cannot be included in the device trees on GitHub or we risk having the ROM banned from GitHub. In this case, we might try to make them installable (separate from the ROM zip), or we might provide a version of these apps with the ROM that doesn't include any proprietary libs. It's also sometimes the case that these apps are simply not included because we didn't feel the need to do so for the device in question.

Q. Does this ROM have Extended/Scrolling screenshot?
A. No, extended screenshot was implemented using an app extracted and modified from manufacturer firmware/system images and is proprietary as well. It led to the closing of many ROM's sources on GitHub.

Q. Does this ROM have FaceUnlock?
A. No, FaceUnlock was also an app extracted and modified from some manufacturers. Even Google removed the Trusted Face (FaceUnlock) feature for security reasons on Android 9.0/10.x. Adding the modified feature did the same to ROM sources as described above.

Q. Can you add (insert favorite weather provider)?
A. No, we cannot add more weather providers as the implementations change and we (the ROM) now have to pay for most services, and that is not cheap, so we decided to use the best free service that we could find, the only way to add your own is for users to apply for their own API key to use their preferred service.

Q. Does this ROM have private official builds with the above proprietary libs included?
A. No, we believe in open source software, this way users know what's in the build and can replicate it themselves, all official builds are built on our build servers using the public sources from GitHub, and no one can (or would) add their own private sources to the build.

Flashing the ROM:
Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
A. Yes, this is how users can/should install updates most of the time, this can be done with the built-in updater service or with a custom recovery.

Q. How do I 'dirty flash' builds?
A 1. For "A only" devices: Wipe the System, Cache, and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution, and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to perform that task for you.

A 2. For "A/B" devices": Wipe the ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, reboot to the recovery, flash GApps, your preferred root solution, and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to perform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to lose root and reboot.
A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to lose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterward.

Using the ROM:

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat AND the model name. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. Do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get, and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section on the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android S. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM zip file.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
(Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)

16.08.2022 Weeklies were the last builds based on OOS11 base.

Starting with 23.08.2022 Builds, we are switching to OOS12 Base.

BE ADVISED !!!!

DO NOT FLASH NEW WEEKLY OVER 16.08.2022 Builds via OTA.

Please follow the instructions in the 2nd post for FW update first,

then you can flash New Weeklies.

If you are flashing using adb sideload, GAPPS needs to be flashed on every dirty flash as it's mentioned above.
If you are flashing using OTA, no need to flash GAPPS, .

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk versions >= feel free to report. Didn't tested myself.

Instructions for OTA ("Over-The-Air" Updates) on "A only" devices (not A/B):
Using on board recovery will be enough mostly for your operations.

Instructions for OTA ("Over-The-Air" Updates) on "A/B" devices:
Open the updater app, download the update, then press install and wait for the process to finish (feel free to let it run in the background), then press reboot when prompted, there isn't any need to flash GApps separately

sources.png

If you want to contribute to AICP, or if you want to see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

Kernel source:
Device tree source:
Follow this guide if you want to extract the vendor blobs

ROM & Additional links:
AICP's Homepage
AICP Gerrit Code Review
AICP sources on GitHub
AICP Download page for official builds and media content
AICP Discord Community
AICP Telegram channel for server notifications on official builds

Contributors:

(mention all the devs who have contributed to your device tree, kernel, vendor, etc,
only mention the main ones though, probably the top four or so, otherwise this list will be a mile long xD)

Information:
ROM OS Version:
Kernel: Linux 4.19.11-perf
ROM {Firmware|Vendor} required: Latest OOS 12 (At least C20/21 firmware)
STABLE
Release Date: 23-08-2022

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!

Last edited:

semdoc

Recognized Contributor
For further support you can visit our TG Channel:

AICP Support Channel for OnePlus 8 Devices

PLEASE BE ADVISED - YOU MUST UPDATE TO OOS12 FIRMWARE BEFORE INSTALLING THE 8/23 UPDATE.

If you are on OOS11 based Stock or Custom ROM:

Best approach is to flash stock OOS11 and update to the latest for your device OOS12 OTA.

While it's done, you can follow the flashing instructions over stock OOS12 given below.

The current firmware upgrade path is available here as found on the Op8 series Telegram support group:

1. Boot up AICP recovery

2. Go to "Advanced" -> "Enable ADB"

3. Check your DDR type using the following command:

adb shell getprop ro.boot.ddr_type

or in case getprop returns an empty value, use:

adb shell cat /proc/devinfo/ddr_type

4. Download firmware (C33 recommended, minimum C20/21 required) from here:

5. Go to "Advanced" -> "Enter fastbootd"

6. Execute following commands after opening a command line in the fw directory:

fastboot flash --slot=all abl abl.img
fastboot flash --slot=all aop aop.img
fastboot flash --slot=all bluetooth bluetooth.img
fastboot flash --slot=all cmnlib64 cmnlib64.img
fastboot flash --slot=all cmnlib cmnlib.img
fastboot flash --slot=all devcfg devcfg.img
fastboot flash --slot=all dsp dsp.img
fastboot flash --slot=all featenabler featenabler.img
fastboot flash --slot=all hyp hyp.img
fastboot flash --slot=all imagefv imagefv.img
fastboot flash --slot=all keymaster keymaster.img
fastboot flash --slot=all logo logo.img
fastboot flash --slot=all mdm_oem_stanvbk mdm_oem_stanvbk.img
fastboot flash --slot=all modem modem.img
fastboot flash --slot=all multiimgoem multiimgoem.img
fastboot flash --slot=all qupfw qupfw.img
fastboot flash --slot=all spunvm spunvm.img
fastboot flash --slot=all storsec storsec.img
fastboot flash --slot=all tz tz.img
fastboot flash --slot=all uefisecapp uefisecapp.img

7. Flash correct XBL files

* For DDR type 0 (DDR4):

fastboot flash --slot=all xbl_config xbl_config.img
fastboot flash --slot=all xbl xbl.img

* For DDR type 1 (DDR5):

fastboot flash --slot=all xbl_config xbl_config_lp5.img
fastboot flash --slot=all xbl xbl_lp5.img

8. Boot your recovery from here and then install the new update:

9. Now, you can update via OTA safely.

IF YOU ARE ON STOCK OOS12

These instructions are for you:​

Thanks to @Anierin_Bliss

First Time Install / Clean Flash

1. Have an unlocked bootloader & OOS 12 (C20 - C33) flashed to both slots.
2. Download vbmeta, recovery, ROM and GAPPS (optional) for your device from here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1A2SeD6YFKJ2S-iiAKmyfgnrEeJz8zjNm
3. Reboot to bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot reboot recovery
5. While in recovery, navigate to Apply update -> Apply from ADB
6. adb sideload ROM.zip -> reboot recovery -> adb sideload GAPPS.zip
7. Format data, reboot to system & Enjoy !

Last edited:
Reactions: ps000000 and zement

HolyHog

Jun 11, 2015
Alaska
Excellent rom!
A couple of things I noticed.

1. Power button only invokes assistant, even with advanced restart checked.
2. Even though the one touch from AOD is selected, it is not responding at all.

Thanks for this update. I installed it from AICP 16.1 without formatting and it booted with everything still there and working.

Reactions: semdoc

semdoc

Recognized Contributor
Excellent rom!
A couple of things I noticed.

1. Power button only invokes assistant, even with advanced restart checked.
2. Even though the one touch from AOD is selected, it is not responding at all.

Thanks for this update. I installed it from AICP 16.1 without formatting and it booted with everything still there and working.

1. Disable hold for assitant from Settings -> System -> Gestures -> Press and hold power button.
Then you shall be fine :)

2. Enabling Pocket mode may cause this. Can you try after disabling Pocket mode in Settings -> Display ?

HolyHog

Jun 11, 2015
Alaska
1. Disable hold for assitant from Settings -> System -> Gestures -> Press and hold power button.
Then you shall be fine :)

2. Enabling Pocket mode may cause this. Can you try after disabling Pocket mode in Settings -> Display ?
Both items worked. Thanks so much and I wanted to mention thanks for the 48M camera mode which I have not been able to use since I went to custom roms on this phone.

dede3413

Feb 8, 2017
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi! Great rom ! can we change the icons size on the aicp launcher?
the only flaw I found on this rom is the animation when you minimize an application or switch from one application to another with the navigation gestures, it's slightly buggy, jerky as if it's was at 60hertz, something I had never felt with other roms, it's a shame it was almost flawless in terms of functionality and battery life.

Last edited:

semdoc

Recognized Contributor
Hi! Great rom ! can we change the icons size on the aicp launcher?
the only flaw I found on this rom is the animation when you minimize an application or switch from one application to another with the navigation gestures, it's slightly buggy, jerky as if it's was at 60hertz, something I had never felt with other roms, it's a shame it was almost flawless in terms of functionality and battery life.

What if you siwtch to 120 Hz ? I have also great battery life with 120 Hz too... Be sure you switched to 120 from Settings -> Advanced device settings ... (choose min & max values as 120)

nijohnson

Jul 3, 2012
Just to validate, you don't need to be on OOS stock prior to falhing the ROM. I'm on AICP 16 now. Also, any GAPPs recoomended over another?

Last edited:

Neil_Armstrong_

Jan 23, 2014
Nantes
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8
Coming from LOS19 / A12 base (lol) (LOS recovery already flashed), i format data then flash AICP, reboot recovery then sideload OpenGapps Pico
Issue #1
Settings app force close when i try to access Fingerprint in Security

Imma try a format data and see if it persists

Issue #2 --> FIXED (available soon ?)
Centered clock isn't centered (because the margin set does start at the front cam punch hole i guess)

Issue #3
No 5G ? Sticks to 4G+ (like LOS)

Issue #4
A System UI Tuner change make 3 statusbar clocks to appear (left center and right)

Issue #5
Battery icon toggle doesnt work (should sélect 'Hidden' in the battery icon style list below)

Issue #6
Smart notification sounds broken

Last edited:

HendrikRhl

Aug 8, 2019
And thanks for the work! Would have loved to test the new rom version, but unfortunately i could not even get to installing it thanks to oneplus :)

nijohnson

Jul 3, 2012
Coming from LOS19 (LOS recovery already flashed), i format data then flash AICP, reboot recovery then sideload OpenGapps Pico
Issue #1
Settings app force close when i try to access Fingerprint in Security

Imma try a format data and see if it persists

Issue #2
Centered clock isn't centered (because the margin set does start at the front cam punch hole i guess)

Issue #3
No 5G ? Sticks to 4G+ (like LOS)

Issue #4
A System UI Tuner change make 3 statusbar clocks to appear (left center and right)

Issue #5
Battery icon toggle doesnt work (should sélect 'Hidden' in the battery icon style list below)

Issue #6
Smart notification sounds broken

How much does the 5g effect you? (I'm sure this is a YMMV kinda thing.)

HolyHog

Jun 11, 2015
Alaska
Anybody know why media keeps pausing during playback? It affects all video and audio and just stops for a a couple of seconds then restarts.
What's really weird on a fresh install if I just install Rocket Music Player and Youtube they are fine and play normal until some point of installing other apps and setting up it quits working proper.
Everything works fine on AICP 16.1 and has for years.
Any suggestion's?

Update: I have tried everything I know what to do and media still stops and starts.

Last edited:

flgmnft

Oct 3, 2011
Is there possibility to use whatapp messenger with google account backup. Latest i've Android 12 installation and it dont work with mind gaaps.

Ok, i have flash ROM and gaaps works ok with Whatsapp.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

logo_black.png

AICP
    Android Ice Cold Project

AICP is known by everyone as the "Ice Cold Project" that started on a Desire HD years ago (2012) and since then has evolved into a mature ROM with the BEST community that you can find!!!

Until Android Lollipop, the ROM has always been based on AOKP. Unfortunately, since AOKP stopped development (but made a comeback later), we changed our base to CM.
    With the re-brand of CM to LineageOS (LOS), we became LineageOS based with some tweaks from AOSP and then changed to be based on the "Ground Zero Open Source Project" (GZOSP) for Android Pie.
    We changed again for Android Q-S with a base of AOSP repositories and some additions from LineageOS for device-specific repositories.

If there are any bugs we will sort them out if it concerns our codebase. This ROM isn't LineageOS supported, so there is no need to report errors/bugs to them!!

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Hard & a lot.
    */

features.png

Feature list (rough overview)

credits.png

In the beginning, we would like to thank:

LineageOS & CM (R.I.P.) team
    Evolution X Team & @AnierinB
    GZOSP team
    @maxwen and the rest of the OmniRom team
    DU team
    Resurrection Remix team
    AOSiP team
    Whole Android Community

team.png

@LorD ClockaN
    @eyosen
    @semdoc
    @SpiritCroc
    @wartomato
    @Miccia
    plus the rest of the crazy bunch that we call "team"

donations.png

We are paying for servers that build weeklies and everything that comes with this, so EVERY DONATION will really be appreciated and be used to cover those expenses.
    Thank you!!

downloads.png

Latest Stable Release Version 17.1

Download link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/

Please note that official builds will be deleted from our servers every month due to maintenance services.
    Starting with AICP 15 we will be storing a copy of the most recent release here: https://media.aicp-rom.com/vault/.

changelog.png

Full Changelog link: https://dwnld.aicp-rom.com/
    (Just click the changelog button next to the download link in the list of builds available for your device)

Google Apps:
    We recommend MindTheGapps as it has been thoroughly tested and it works well with the ROM, some other minimal (and others) GApps packages could have issues, so try using MindTheGapps if you have any issues with other GApps packages

MindTheGapps: Download from HERE

issues.png

You tell... :p

FAQ:
    Before using the ROM:
    Q. Can I have an ETA for the next build?
    A. Yes, just look here to see what day your device is built on.

Q. Does this ROM support custom kernels officially?
    A. No. You can still use them, but the discussion should go in the thread of the respective kernel. We don't offer support for bugs you might encounter while using them!

Q. Does this ROM include GApps or do I have to flash them separately?
    A. No, we do not include prebuilt GApps, because of possible licensing issues with Google Software and because some users do not want GApps preinstalled as they want to use alternative services like MicroG or just prefer flashing a GApps "flavor" of their liking.

Q. Does this ROM use the camera or gallery app from stock?
    A. It depends on the device. In most cases, these apps include proprietary libs/code and cannot be included in the device trees on GitHub or we risk having the ROM banned from GitHub. In this case, we might try to make them installable (separate from the ROM zip), or we might provide a version of these apps with the ROM that doesn't include any proprietary libs. It's also sometimes the case that these apps are simply not included because we didn't feel the need to do so for the device in question.

Q. Does this ROM have Extended/Scrolling screenshot?
    A. No, extended screenshot was implemented using an app extracted and modified from manufacturer firmware/system images and is proprietary as well. It led to the closing of many ROM's sources on GitHub.

Q. Does this ROM have FaceUnlock?
    A. No, FaceUnlock was also an app extracted and modified from some manufacturers. Even Google removed the Trusted Face (FaceUnlock) feature for security reasons on Android 9.0/10.x. Adding the modified feature did the same to ROM sources as described above.

Q. Can you add (insert favorite weather provider)?
    A. No, we cannot add more weather providers as the implementations change and we (the ROM) now have to pay for most services, and that is not cheap, so we decided to use the best free service that we could find, the only way to add your own is for users to apply for their own API key to use their preferred service.

Q. Does this ROM have private official builds with the above proprietary libs included?
    A. No, we believe in open source software, this way users know what's in the build and can replicate it themselves, all official builds are built on our build servers using the public sources from GitHub, and no one can (or would) add their own private sources to the build.

Flashing the ROM:
    Q. What do I need to know before flashing?
    A. Check the flashing instructions...

Q. Can the builds be dirty flashed over each other?
    A. Yes, this is how users can/should install updates most of the time, this can be done with the built-in updater service or with a custom recovery.

Q. How do I 'dirty flash' builds?
    A 1. For "A only" devices: Wipe the System, Cache, and ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, GApps (only needed if you wipe the system), your preferred root solution, and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to perform that task for you.

A 2. For "A/B" devices": Wipe the ART/Dalvik cache. Flash the ROM, reboot to the recovery, flash GApps, your preferred root solution, and reboot. Or just use the OTA app to perform that task for you.

Q. How do I flash kernel builds?
    A1. If it's a .img file, boot into TWRP and go to the install page in TWRP, in the bottom right corner select "install image", select the desired kernel, then select "boot" as the destination, then swipe to flash, then go back to the install screen and install your root method again, if you don't want to lose root and reboot.
    A2. If it's a flashable ZIP, you can flash it together with a ROM update or separately. Go to the install page in TWRP, choose the kernel zip (or add it to the flash queue right after the ROM zip). Then add your root method to the queue if you don't want to lose root. Now swipe to flash and reboot afterward.

Using the ROM:

Q. Do I need to provide a logcat if I'm reporting a bug?
    A. If you want it to be fixed faster (or at all) then yes, you should definitely provide a logcat AND the model name. (Note: Please just link the logcat from your GDrive, Dropbox, etc. Do not post the content here. Thanks.)

Q. How do I get a logcat, what type should I get, and more questions that can conveniently be answered by my pre-determined answer?
    A1. Read this thoroughly. Also, here's a good app for getting logs: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tortel.syslog (Root needed).
    A2. If you are already rooted, you can use the built-in feature to make a logcat and provide that. Just look into the others section on the AICP Extras main page.

instructions.png

The ROM should contain everything you need to enjoy Android S. You don't need to install any Add-ons, simply download the latest ROM and GApps, then follow the flashing instructions and go!
    If you want the device to run the ROM "rooted", you can flash a root solution of your choice after the ROM zip file.

It is STRONGLY recommended to fully wipe your device before flashing and please avoid restoring system apps and system data with Titanium Backup (or with any backup/restore app) as this can cause stability issues that are very hard to debug, restoring regular apps is fine though.
    If you believe you know what you're doing - then fine, go ahead, but please don't complain if you experience any strange behavior.

How to flash for the first time:
    (Again: Don't do it if you don't know!)

BE ADVISED !!!!

If you are flashing using adb sideload, GAPPS needs to be flashed on every dirty flash as it's mentioned above.
    If you are flashing using OTA, no need to flash GAPPS, .

Currently supported Root Solution:

Magisk versions >= feel free to report. Didn't tested myself.

Instructions for OTA ("Over-The-Air" Updates) on "A only" devices (not A/B):
    Using on board recovery will be enough mostly for your operations.

Instructions for OTA ("Over-The-Air" Updates) on "A/B" devices:
    Open the updater app, download the update, then press install and wait for the process to finish (feel free to let it run in the background), then press reboot when prompted, there isn't any need to flash GApps separately

sources.png

If you want to contribute to AICP, or if you want to see what is being worked on/merged, feel free to visit our Gerrit code review system. (Link is at the bottom!!!)

Kernel source:
    Device tree source:
    Follow this guide if you want to extract the vendor blobs

ROM & Additional links:
    AICP's Homepage
    AICP Gerrit Code Review
    AICP sources on GitHub
    AICP Download page for official builds and media content
    AICP Discord Community
    AICP Telegram channel for server notifications on official builds

Contributors:

(mention all the devs who have contributed to your device tree, kernel, vendor, etc,
    only mention the main ones though, probably the top four or so, otherwise this list will be a mile long xD)

Information:
    ROM OS Version:
    Kernel: Linux 4.19.11-perf
    ROM {Firmware|Vendor} required: Latest OOS 12 (At least C20/21 firmware)
    STABLE
    Release Date: 23-08-2022

You want to see a "normal" night at the "DEV office", click here!!
    Hello folks!

Semdoc, our team, and countless others have been working away both in front of and behind the curtain.

The fruit of their labors - OOS12 based builds are coming.

Starting with the 8/23 (August 23) build, AICP official builds will now REQUIRE an OOS12 firmware base

PLEASE BE ADVISED - YOU MUST UPDATE TO OOS12 FIRMWARE BEFORE INSTALLING THE 8/23 UPDATE.

The current firmware upgrade path is available here as found on the op8 series Telegram support group:

1. Boot up AICP recovery

* For DDR type 0 (DDR4):

* For DDR type 1 (DDR5):

These instructions are for you:

Thanks to @Anierin_Bliss First Time Install / Clean Flash
    2. Download vbmeta, recovery, ROM and GAPPS (optional) for your device from here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1A2SeD6YFKJ2S-iiAKmyfgnrEeJz8zjNm
    3. Reboot to bootloader
    4. fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot recovery
    For further support you can visit our TG Channel:

AICP Support Channel for OnePlus 8 Devices

If you are on OOS11 based Stock or Custom ROM:

Best approach is to flash stock OOS11 and update to the latest for your device OOS12 OTA.

While it's done, you can follow the flashing instructions over stock OOS12 given below.

The current firmware upgrade path is available here as found on the Op8 series Telegram support group:

1. Boot up AICP recovery

* For DDR type 0 (DDR4):

* For DDR type 1 (DDR5):

9. Now, you can update via OTA safely.

These instructions are for you:​

Thanks to @Anierin_Bliss

First Time Install / Clean Flash

3. Reboot to bootloader
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    fastboot reboot recovery
    Try here.

BE ADVISED !!!!