Development [ROM][12.1][OFFICIAL][ALIOTH/ALIOTHIN] crDroid v8.6 [13.06.2022]

Search This thread

Udeson

Apr 2, 2022
Can someone confirm that availability of call recording feature is tied to the firmware region ur
using? Or is it no default feature of this ROM?

Last edited:

Udeson

Apr 2, 2022
Can someone recommend a process - if possible without root - to keep /data for clean flash install (no ROM change)? By keep /data I mean that there is no need to reinstall apps and configure them.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

jacobobbo

Jul 7, 2014
Rzeszów
Xiaomi Poco F3
boot process take a very long time after dirty flash. Can someone help ? Whats should I do ? I was on recommended firmware and flashed FlameGApps-12.1-basic-arm64-20220612 + magisk 25.
After 30 min of waiting still nothing. Then I let repeat the process with flashing the firmware again. Ended like on picures .... Please help someone. I cannot load or flash any system now... The best is to go back to 8.5 version with all apps and data

Attachments

• 3f5b0c86-386b-46ff-9f92-cefee4be79d5.jpg
    3f5b0c86-386b-46ff-9f92-cefee4be79d5.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 67653ad4-77ec-4864-9303-9e71989931dd.jpg
    67653ad4-77ec-4864-9303-9e71989931dd.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 103
  • e96bf40e-8292-4a58-9339-41904c882909.jpg
    e96bf40e-8292-4a58-9339-41904c882909.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 103

LukSkaze

Nov 14, 2021
OPPO Find X3 Pro
Can someone recommend a process - if possible without root - to keep /data for clean flash install (no ROM change)? By keep /data I mean that there is no need to reinstall apps and configure them.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions
Let's clarify some vocabulary:
- clean flash means you delete /data
- dirty flash means you don't delete /data

Whenever you see "clean flash needed" for example, that means you cannot keep /data otherwise your device will most likely not boot. But when you say 'no ROM change' you probably can do a dirty flash. If that is the case, then the devs almost always give instructions for that (for example the "dirty" workflow for crDroid).

If you have a rom change then it will most likely break your device to do dirty flashs. That also holds true when you try to update android versions (for example from 12 to 12.1). And since such a change happened with crdroid 8.3 you cannot dirty flash when you have 8.2 or earlier installed or your device will bootloop.

Oh yea and you don't need root to do dirty flash but you might lose root access if you had rooted your device before.

Udeson

Apr 2, 2022
Let's clarify some vocabulary:
- clean flash means you delete /data
- dirty flash means you don't delete /data

Whenever you see "clean flash needed" for example, that means you cannot keep /data otherwise your device will most likely not boot. But when you say 'no ROM change' you probably can do a dirty flash. If that is the case, then the devs almost always give instructions for that (for example the "dirty" workflow for crDroid).

If you have a rom change then it will most likely break your device to do dirty flashs. That also holds true when you try to update android versions (for example from 12 to 12.1). And since such a change happened with crdroid 8.3 you cannot dirty flash when you have 8.2 or earlier installed or your device will bootloop.

Oh yea and you don't need root to do dirty flash but you might lose root access if you had rooted your device before.
Thanks for your response. When we talk about clarification. By "clean flash means you delete /data" you are talking about format or delete?

Obviously my question pointing to the wrong direction. What I was trying to ask was as follows:

I recently run into the situation that updating the ROM to the latest build leads to boot stuck situation which I only was able to solve with reset/format the device and install everything from scratch. For this situation I was looking for a solution where I do not loose all my apps and more important app configuration and app data. Google backup unfortunately only restores the apps installed before but no apps configs or apps data. So in short I am asking for a best practive backup and restore solution without rooting the device.

Is it for example feasable to backup /data within TWRP and restore it after installing ROM and flashing Gapps?

Thanks for ur support so far.

Jul 31, 2011
:cowboy: FLASHING TIME :cowboy:
NEW crDroid BUILD 13.06.2022

DON'T JUST HIT & RUN .... YOUR APPRECIATION KEEPS MY MOTIVATION ROLLING ;)

crDroid statistics :cool:

crDroid TG Group

SELINUX ENFORCING

crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220613-alioth-v8.6.zip

NOTE :

CLEAN FLASH MANDATORY if coming from 8.2 !!
DIRTY
  • skip format
====================
13-06-2022
====================

* updated to crDroid 8.6 code
* updated to sec. patch level 2022.06.05
* kernel upstreamed to 4.19.246 InfiniR v2.21
* added time/date in panel view for Game Space
* fix per game configure icon on light theme for Game Space
* add battery remaining text for Game Space
* added lock gesture tile for Game Space
* added RAM usage for Game Space
* use app icon for per-app volume customization
* added toggle to disable per-app volume
* added launcher - app drawer row height customization
* improved launcher - app drawer icon layout consistency with app label disabled
* improved screen record dialog layout
* improve spacing when using text style battery
* launch crdroid settings directly by long pressing settings icon in QS
* added option to remove timer before screen record
* fix APTX adaptive / update audio BT configurations
* clean-up props
* synced with latest sources
* updated translations
* some other fixes and improvements

TEAM :
@raystef66
@immi803
Artur 'who's parents couldn't afford the extra H'
@AKASHPAUL aka "why not just ask Google, right?!"

InfiniR Alioth : https://github.com/raystef66/InfiniR_kernel_alioth (based on Optimus Drunk)

YT installation vid CR8 :
thnx @munchy_cool
having issues with my mic. speakerphone works fine on phone calls, but the mic won't work. using google dialer. will try AOSP dialer and try reverting to the last build. log attached.

edit: so trying to fix the issue led me to the following findings:
-clean flashes of 8.6 work fine, but once i install nikgapps (including google dialer) things seem to break.

Last edited:

Ywyu

May 1, 2022
OnePlus 6T
Xiaomi Poco F3
The media playing won't stop when the earphone disconnect, anyone know where to set this? Other than that, everything is great, bettery back to normal again after reflash firmware, thank you dev to bring this great rom.

MarkRobert

Nov 22, 2011
Project Treble
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Has anyone experienced the error "Your device isn't compatible with this version" with using Revolut? I've had a search, but perhaps I missed it. Latest version of crdroid, with magisk 25.1 installed.

Edit: Resolved issue by hiding magisk. Thought I'd done that already!

Last edited:

eliezerjk90

Feb 28, 2015
Duisburg
having issues with my mic. speakerphone works fine on phone calls, but the mic won't work. using google dialer. will try AOSP dialer and try reverting to the last build. log attached.

edit: so trying to fix the issue led me to the following findings:
-clean flashes of 8.6 work fine, but once i install nikgapps (including google dialer) things seem to break.
Maybe you can flash the nikgapps with exclusion of google dialer? If you are using full gapps, you can change the configuration (I am not sure whether it is also possible for other variant since I always use full with some exceptions, but you can try). Open the zip - afzc - nikgapps.config. Then look for google dialer (or any gapps you want to exclude) and change the =1 to =0.

Jul 31, 2011
Maybe you can flash the nikgapps with exclusion of google dialer? If you are using full gapps, you can change the configuration (I am not sure whether it is also possible for other variant since I always use full with some exceptions, but you can try). Open the zip - afzc - nikgapps.config. Then look for google dialer (or any gapps you want to exclude) and change the =1 to =0.

yeah, i tried that, but sadly enough the microphone issue is now spanning across stock AOSP roms w/o GAPPS. it must be either a kernel or FW issue.

rondellborel

Nov 22, 2011
Port-Of-Spain
Thanks for your response. When we talk about clarification. By "clean flash means you delete /data" you are talking about format or delete?

Obviously my question pointing to the wrong direction. What I was trying to ask was as follows:

I recently run into the situation that updating the ROM to the latest build leads to boot stuck situation which I only was able to solve with reset/format the device and install everything from scratch. For this situation I was looking for a solution where I do not loose all my apps and more important app configuration and app data. Google backup unfortunately only restores the apps installed before but no apps configs or apps data. So in short I am asking for a best practive backup and restore solution without rooting the device.

Is it for example feasable to backup /data within TWRP and restore it after installing ROM and flashing Gapps?

Thanks for ur support so far.
I've also had that same issue as well. Twice I did OTA updates and twice my device ended up stuck at a black screen. I have no idea how to fix it and although I like crDriod, it's making me hesitant to install it again, unless someone can come up with a fix for this. It can't be just the two of us with this issue.

rockyyy

Sep 8, 2010
i need help in installing this rom. i am currently on xiaomi.eu 12.5.18 stable and twrp 3.5.1_10. can someone guide me how to flash the latest crdroid rom. do i need to update my current rom before i flash? i would appreciate if someone could detail it down and make my life a bit easier

blasev

Apr 30, 2006
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
All will be ok As long u're updating by dev instructions in his update post...

Some ppl forget to install gapps or forget reboot to recovery before gapss and some use ota and not the instructions. And millions other way but not the default recommended ways.

I never had any problem dirty uodating, this the the 6th time I dirty update

Reactions: klawe

klawe

Sep 29, 2010
All will be ok As long u're updating by dev instructions in his update post...

Some ppl forget to install gapps or forget reboot to recovery before gapss and some use ota and not the instructions. And millions other way but not the default recommended ways.

I never had any problem dirty uodating, this the the 6th time I dirty update
To all guys: DO NOT UPDATE your CrDroid over OTA!!!
As user @blasev said the instructions of our dev @raystef66 are very clear!
You only have to READ before flashing!
If you ignore the instructions you will get problems!

Top Liked Posts