Development [ROM][12.1][OFFICIAL][ALIOTH/ALIOTHIN] crDroid v8.9 [13.09.2022]

Search This thread

BeanLord

May 15, 2022
Unfortunately no luck with this procedure. Used the recommended TWRP version but still having boot logo stuck situation. Flashing Gapps again also do not do the trick for me. Since this is the x th update situation ending with the only working solution to format data and installing everything from scratch (cannot use root backup methods due due some banking apps won't work even with magisk hide method) I am thinking about to give another ROM a chance despite I love crDroid...
You might be able to solve this issue by using a root backup after clean install, and then uninstalling root afterwards so you can use the banking apps.

Before that though I suggest you try out the shamiko magisk module if you haven't already, it might work for your banking app.

Reactions: Udeson

crazy_4_and1

Apr 7, 2011
I did as recommended.
I searched here in this thread and saw that one or two people solved this problem by changing the slot in recovery. In my case I switched from slot B to slot A, restarted the system and it solved. :)
If you flashed the update to slot A, then rebooted to said slot, got stuck at logo, went into recovery and then changed to slot B and booted, you booted the NOT UPDATED slot and if you went to check the version youd realize you are back on the previous version.
idk if my step will help some ppl that had problem with dirty install, I do exactly like dev post with details like this:

dirty install using skk 362_362
install rom then reboot to recovery
install nikgapps 220705
install magisk 25.1
wipe dalvik then reboot to system
done
Can you tell me where you found the said version of the recovery? No need to post links , just point me to the post number / thread.

crazy_4_and1

Apr 7, 2011
yeah as long you already use steps exactly like mentioned by dev you should have zero problem. maybe your phone is special case
He isnt the only one. I get stuck each time I dirty flash, following the instructions to the tee. And it boils down to flashing the update to the correct slot and rebooting to recovery after tat so you boot the correct slot on the next system boot. But it breaks it for me. It boots correctly after i format the data, so I suppose it has something to do with encryption maybe.

Can someone correct me if Im wrong but the dirty flash is supposed to be a simple download of the update file > reboot to recovery > flash said update file to the unused slot ( say the lower version system was on A, the update would apply to the B slot ? ) > reboot to recovery so the active slot is changed to slot B > reboot to system ?

alamvilalves

Dec 30, 2011
yes, i'm sorry, you right, I forgot to say that I changed the slot A to B again and it works. now i'm on Kernel Jul 5. Sorry

Wmbruckner

Nov 25, 2011
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Poco F1
He isnt the only one. I get stuck each time I dirty flash, following the instructions to the tee. And it boils down to flashing the update to the correct slot and rebooting to recovery after tat so you boot the correct slot on the next system boot. But it breaks it for me. It boots correctly after i format the data, so I suppose it has something to do with encryption maybe.

Can someone correct me if Im wrong but the dirty flash is supposed to be a simple download of the update file > reboot to recovery > flash said update file to the unused slot ( say the lower version system was on A, the update would apply to the B slot ? ) > reboot to recovery so the active slot is changed to slot B > reboot to system ?
It's just what you described, just note that twrp should be the one linked in the release post, and of course that xou have to reflash gapps, magisk and dfe (each only if you had it before or want it) after rebooting recovery and then reboot system. I updated to every single version since lastest mandatory clean flash following that and never encountered any problems.

crazy_4_and1

Apr 7, 2011
Oh, we
It's just what you described, just note that twrp should be the one linked in the release post, and of course that xou have to reflash gapps, magisk and dfe (each only if you had it before or want it) after rebooting recovery and then reboot system. I updated to every single version since lastest mandatory clean flash following that and never encountered any problems.
Oh, never actually flashed the gapps after I flashed the update .zip. Jesus Christ am I stupid or what. It LITERALLY states to do EVERYTHING the same sans formatting. My god Im embarrassed af.

Udeson

Apr 2, 2022
Oh, we

Oh, never actually flashed the gapps after I flashed the update .zip. Jesus Christ am I stupid or what. It LITERALLY states to do EVERYTHING the same sans formatting. My god Im embarrassed af.
I don't know what I am doing wrong...
Used the recommended way of installing and updating. This includes TWRP version and flashing same nikgapps basic + add-on on update procedure. Changing slot afterwards only leads - as desribed by crazy_4_and1 - to reboot of the non updated slot. Maybe it really has something to do with encryption or one of the nikgapps add-ons. I really love the ROM and really, really appreciate the DEV's work. But for this time I went back to Pixel Experience and hopefully have a smoother update experience with that ROM.

pabloescobar18

May 10, 2022
Nobody has described it in detail, so I will describe the update process.
I am using recovery 3.6.1_11-RedmiK40_v3.4_A12-alioth-skkk for update
If we have a pin code fingerprint, we delete an update time.
Go to recovery and install the update, after installing, go to advanced install recovery from ramdisk and install the same recovery version that we have. Then we do reeboot to recovery and install nikkagapps + magisk (optional), then click wipe dalvik and run the system. We can add the pin code back, the fingerprint.

Thanks to the developer

Nripat

Jan 25, 2021
:cowboy: FLASHING TIME :cowboy:
NEW crDroid BUILD 05.07.2022

DON'T JUST HIT & RUN .... YOUR APPRECIATION KEEPS MY MOTIVATION ROLLING ;)

crDroid statistics :cool:

crDroid TG Group

SELINUX ENFORCING

crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220705-alioth-v8.6.zip

NOTE :

CLEAN FLASH MANDATORY if coming from 8.2 !!
DIRTY
  • skip format
====================
05-07-2022
====================

* kernel upstreamed to 4.19.250 InfiniR v2.23
* added option to toggle wallpaper scrolling on Launcher
* messaging: Fix unable to send message when preferred sms sim is set to "Ask every time"
* messaging: Fix unable to switch conversation sim card by clicking on the sim icon
* add thumb for balance slider (should fix SeekBar in different places)
* fxed various screenshot taking issues
* fixed bug where ringer mode is internally reset when switching linked notification volume
* fixed square shadow on rounded dropdown menu items
* fixed suspicious spaces around mobile icons in status bar
* fixed QS mobile icon disappearing on theme switch
* synced with latest sources
* updated translations
* some other fixes and improvements

TEAM :
@raystef66
@immi803
Artur 'who's parents couldn't afford the extra H'
@AKASHPAUL aka "why not just ask Google, right?!"

InfiniR Alioth : https://github.com/raystef66/InfiniR_kernel_alioth (based on Optimus Drunk)

YT installation vid CR8 :
thnx @munchy_cool
Can we use Nebrassy Unofficial Latest TWRP built for Android 12?
As per it's latest built, now it supports decrypting Android 12 Roms/Storage.

Refer Screenshot for Details.
Link: (Post No.: 374) https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ecovery-project.4272625/page-19#post-87066819

Attachments

• image_2022-07-09_074234592.png
    image_2022-07-09_074234592.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 48

-Tiz-

Jul 5, 2010
I have encountered the following issue with the latest crdroid version: I set up a work profile with Island. I am unable to assign a separate password/fingerprint for the work profile. If I try to do so, the settings app frequently crashes. If not, the password is still not changed (i.e. it is still combined with the password of the main profile and I cannot switch this off). I am also unable to assign a fingerprint to the work profile.

I am wondering whether someone can replicate this issue or whether it is special to my phone. I have installed LSexposed + xprivacy Lua (but did not restrict settings app or any other system apps). On a prior version of crdroid I had also installed LSexposed + xprivacy Lua but everything worked fine with the settings app.

Thank you!

EDIT: It seems I am not the only one with this problem: https://community.oneplus.com/thread?id=1570979 and https://community.oneplus.com/thread?id=1570238

Last edited:

blasev

Apr 30, 2006
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
If you flashed the update to slot A, then rebooted to said slot, got stuck at logo, went into recovery and then changed to slot B and booted, you booted the NOT UPDATED slot and if you went to check the version youd realize you are back on the previous version.

Can you tell me where you found the said version of the recovery? No need to post links , just point me to the post number / thread.
no post nor thread , but full file name is : 3.6.2_12-RedmiK40S_v3.6.2_A12-munch-skkk_49e9ca3c.img

Last edited:

nicky69100

Jul 26, 2017
LYON
Xiaomi Poco F3
did someone try last global firmware (13.0.4.0) on July 5th version? it's been out for a few days and I'd like to know if it breaks anything before trying it (it's been 2 month I didn't format data ^^)

blasev

Apr 30, 2006
POCO M3 Pro / Redmi Note 10 5G
did someone try last global firmware (13.0.4.0) on July 5th version? it's been out for a few days and I'd like to know if it breaks anything before trying it (it's been 2 month I didn't format data ^^)
wrong thread, it should be asked on the firmware auto update thread. also updating firmware is one of the most safest thing to be done on the twrp.13.0.4.0 is fine.

nicky69100

Jul 26, 2017
LYON
Xiaomi Poco F3
wrong thread, it should be asked on the firmware auto update thread. also updating firmware is one of the most safest thing to be done on the twrp.13.0.4.0 is fine.
well, I ask because various versions of firmware are recommended along custom roms, and also because sometimes there are some incompatibilities with Bluetooth, volte... according to trees or kernel used by custom roms. some previous versions of stable firmware gave those kind of issues to some crdroid users if I recall.

Ps : I've just flashed it and rebooted, I'll give some feedback if I have any problems, or if I see any improvements (I've had more audio delay with bt and parsec for the last weeks, dunno if it was rom side or firmware side)

Last edited:

dizneuro

Mar 9, 2022
Running it with 13.0.4.0 eu since its out. No problems.

Be aware that u have to flash the firmware on both boot slots a/b. You have to flash it at first clean install AND when your doing your first dirty update.

I was having two diffrent firmware versions after first dirty update, one partition with the flashed firmware and one partition with old firmware.

Correct me if Im wrong...

Greetings

Reactions: nicky69100

nicky69100

Jul 26, 2017
LYON
Xiaomi Poco F3
Running it with 13.0.4.0 eu since its out. No problems.

Be aware that u have to flash the firmware on both boot slots a/b. You have to flash it at first clean install AND when your doing your first dirty update.

I was having two diffrent firmware versions after first dirty update, one partition with the flashed firmware and one partition with old firmware.

Correct me if Im wrong...

Greetings
thanks I didn't think about flashing both slots!

asts

Nov 1, 2020
hey guys. I found the phone's default speaker becomes a handset after update to 7.5 . how can i change it?

Top Liked Posts