Development [ROM][12.1][OFFICIAL][alioth] PixelExperience for Redmi K40/Poco F3/Mi 11X [AOSP][6/24/22]

Search This thread

satson1

Aug 1, 2017
Google Pixel 4a
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thank you for maintaining this Rom. in the latest plus version, every time I unlock the phone, I will find that an application has the permission to call location information. However, I don't have the permission to open location information. Why?
Temporary solution is to turn this(see attached ss) setting from developer options off. In the previous posts a senior member said it will be fixed in the next update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220521-124309_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220521-124309_Settings.png
    234.7 KB · Views: 164
Reactions: wwrxlyyy

pounod

May 21, 2022
I upgraded the latest version via OTA and have found the following bugs so far.

1. can not use fingerprints, the previous version can be used normally, the recorded fingerprints are invalid, and can not be re-entered.
2. Internet-VoLTE, turn on 'Use LTE services to improve voice calls', when the preferred network is LTE, it will still connect to 5G (this problem does not exist in PixelExperience 11).
3. when using fast charging, the lock screen still shows 'charging slowly' at the bottom of the screen (this problem existed in the previous version).
4. the 'Improved statusbar brightness control' mentioned in Changelog adds an automatic brightness switch to the statusbar, but the switch does not actually work.
5. the system shows that 'Dark theme' is not selected, but the drop-down toolbar is still the 'Dark theme' theme, and the theme is displayed normally elsewhere.
6、With the 'Location' permission turned off, the statusbar still prompts frequently that the permission is invoked.

The above bugs are expected to be fixed in the next version.

@lzgmc @spaha-bih @Klyno @Barracuda77777

satson1

Aug 1, 2017
Google Pixel 4a
Xiaomi Poco F3

1. can not use fingerprints, the previous version can be used normally, the recorded fingerprints are invalid, and can not be re-entered.
2. Internet-VoLTE, turn on 'Use LTE services to improve voice calls', when the preferred network is LTE, it will still connect to 5G (this problem does not exist in PixelExperience 11).
3. when using fast charging, the lock screen still shows 'charging slowly' at the bottom of the screen (this problem existed in the previous version).
4. the 'Improved statusbar brightness control' mentioned in Changelog adds an automatic brightness switch to the statusbar, but the switch does not actually work.
5. the system shows that 'Dark theme' is not selected, but the drop-down toolbar is still the 'Dark theme' theme, and the theme is displayed normally elsewhere.
6、With the 'Location' permission turned off, the statusbar still prompts frequently that the permission is invoked.

Thats harsh! You are not doing them favour by using their rom.

Reactions: Paardenpijper

lzgmc

Try factory resetting or clean flashing. For everyone else, fingerprints still work on this build.
Sometimes the 5G indicator might be displayed even if the phone isn't using 5G. You can forcefully disable 5G in the #*#*4636*#*# menu.
Tell me something I don't know. And by the way, this won't be fixed.
Are you sure that the room that your're in isn't too lit or to dim?
Maaaaybe read the changelog next time.
PixelExperience changes:
- Reverted QS background on white theme to old style
It's not a bug, it's a design choice.
Yeah, Phone Services likes to access your location all the time. Android 12 likes to tell you whenever an app is using a permission, even when it's a system app. Deal with it.
That's rather demanding for a free project maintained by a small group of people in their spare time.
Not sure what the point of these pings are, especially when most of these users aren't involved with the development of this ROM.

spaha-bih

Feb 16, 2012
Sarajevo

I don`t have issues with 1, 3 is common bug but it doesn`t even matter, I personally would`t mind even if the text could be removed, 4 again no issues, and for others I don`t know really what to say, nothing that I even have problems with.

The rom works just fine, silky smooth.

edpenz

May 22, 2022
I've done a quick n' dirty custom build which requires the power button to be pressed to wake the device: PixelExperience_Plus_alioth-12.1-20220522-0210-UNOFFICIAL.zip

Caveats:
  • You need a second tap of the fingerprint sensor to actually unlock the device. First press only wakes and reveals lockscreen.
  • It's a debug build, so there may be performance/battery/security issues.
We'll see if I can be bothered to spend the time to further improve this. It would be nice to have it upstreamed as a system setting for all side-fingerprint devices.

Last edited:

Clumpsy

Aug 28, 2021
A big thank you to lzgmc for the really great work. The ROM works really well and no longer contains any errors that could stop you from installing.

euro_s-b

Dec 26, 2007
New builds for May
Changelog:
PixelExperience changes:
- May security patch
- Updated translations and gapps
- Fixed battery widget not working properly
- Fixed rotation button not showing in 2-button navbar mode
- Improved statusbar brightness control (on plus version)
- Introduced more granular settings for hotspot (on plus version)
- Reverted QS background on white theme to old style (on plus version)
- Other minor issues that have been fixed
Device changes:
- Based on MIUI 13 blobs
- MIUI 13.0.2 firmware bundled - no need to flash separately
- Improved camera cutout (now it looks the same as in MIUI/ArrowOS) and statusbar positioning
- Improved corner cutouts
- Improvements to dynamic refresh rate timers and thresholds
- Fixed an issue that caused NFC to crash when tapping to pair with Bluetooth audio devices
- Merged kernel changes from ArrowOS and android-4.19-stable
- Various other changes

Note: This build and all future builds will automatically flash the required firmware - in this case, MIUI 13.0.2 Global. You don't need to worry about flashing a specific firmware before flashing this ROM anymore.

Download links and instructions are in the OP.
Thanks a lot for this fantastic ROM and the recent build.

Sorry for a - maybe stupid - question, but it will be my first update of PE+ on Poco F3: Do I lose root (magisk) when I follow the official PE update instructions?

(Background of the question: Updating MIUI required some specific steps for A/B Partitions in order to not lose root.)

lzgmc

Thanks a lot for this fantastic ROM and the recent build.

Sorry for a - maybe stupid - question, but it will be my first update of PE+ on Poco F3: Do I lose root (magisk) when I follow the official PE update instructions?

(Background of the question: Updating MIUI required some specific steps for A/B Partitions in order to not lose root.)
If you use the built in system updater, after an update is finished installing but before you reboot, you can open the Magisk app and install it using the Install to Inactive slot (After OTA) option. You don't have to restore stock images beforehand.
See the Magisk documentation for details:
If you choose to sideload an update in recovery mode, you'll have to flash Magisk again before you reboot.

Reactions: qiaoli and euro_s-b

euro_s-b

Dec 26, 2007
If you use the built in system updater, after an update is finished installing but before you reboot, you can open the Magisk app and install it using the Install to Inactive slot (After OTA) option. You don't have to restore stock images beforehand.
See the Magisk documentation for details:
If you choose to sideload an update in recovery mode, you'll have to flash Magisk again before you reboot.
Great! Thank you!

_j3roen

Jan 19, 2020
Amsterdam
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thanks for this rom! I just installed it and so far everything seems to be working fine.

One thing I think I noticed is that the display is less saturated; a bit dull. I came from PixelOS and CrDroid.

oasis1701

May 11, 2022
Xiaomi Poco F3
I think i'm experiencing a bug but i'm not sure, i can't swipe notifications on my lockscreen to clear/dismiss them, can you guys do this? MY friends can do it on their google pixel device, but i can't do it with PE
I'm on PE plus latest version

satson1

Aug 1, 2017
Google Pixel 4a
Xiaomi Poco F3
To all those not ok with location and/or camera/mic indication in the status bar use following commands in the adb.

steps:
1) Enable developer options
2) Enable USB debugging
3) Connect phone to PC open CMD prompt in ADB and fastboot installation folder
4) Run following commands,
Those who wish to temporarily disable the camera/microphone usage indicators , run this command using ADB:
Code:
adb shell cmd device_config put privacy camera_mic_icons_enabled false default

And to disable location usage indicators (if you still have them visible for some reason) use this command:

Code:
adb shell cmd device_config put privacy location_indicators_enabled false default

5) To re-enable, replace "false" with "true".

6) The following command will add a "Status bar location indicator" switch at the end of Developer options:
Code:
adb shell cmd device_config put privacy location_indicator_settings_enabled true default

idrozd

Sep 29, 2007
Moscow
Hello everyone!
Please help me understand. "...either the skis are not going, or I am unshod..." ;-)

Configured in PE+ security (Pixel Experience_Plus_alioth-12.1-20220519-0434- OFFICIAL):
1 - PIN is installed
2 - fingerprints are configured
3 - face unlock is configured

If the phone is blocked:
- by timeout
- by pressing the power button
- double tap on the status bar
... then unlocking works fine both by fingerprint and by face and by PIN.

But if the phone is locked by pressing the "Lock" button in the power button menu (by long pressing), then unlocking works
only after entering the PIN, unlocking by fingerprint and by face DOES NOT WORK.

Is this a bug? Or is that what it's meant to be?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New builds for end of May
    Changelog:
    PixelExperience changes:
    - Tell Phone Services to shut up (fix spammy location indicator)
    Device changes:
    - Switched to LineageOS kernel
    - Significantly improved battery life with included kernel
    - Update to MIUI 13.0.3 blobs
    - Fixed MIFARE cards. Again.
    I know you haven't posted it yet, but @lzgmc thank you for the update! I recently installed the May update, and even after disabling a ton of services, I was still getting pretty lousy battery life and increased heat during stuff like video calls, so there was definitely something wrong there. Still I, and many others, appreciate the experimenting to create a well-rounded ROM. It's all about testing until it's perfect, anyways. :)

For those of you interested in the changelog for the June update:

Code:
    PixelExperience changes:
    - June security patch
    - Updated translations
    - Fixed video playback issues on some devices
    - Fixed styling issues on DocumentsUI
    - Fixed location indicator showing when no apps running
    - Fixed app font on Pixel Launcher
    - Other minor issues have been fixed
    Device changes:
    - Switched to ArrowOS kernel
    - Kernel updated to 4.19.246

So far so good, with only one glaring bug:

- The Pixel Voice Recorder does not work at all even after clearing the cache/data and trying out the different "Inputs". Matter of fact, the Inputs were "Pixel 5" and "Phone mic" until last update, this time it shows the device model for Poco F3 (M2012K11AG) instead of "Pixel 5", and of course the "Phone mic" input. This was true for the May update as well.

Thanks for your hard work and glad to see it continued
    Terrible battery drain in the last update. Have been using it since the OTA release and not only does my phone eat up the battery like crazy but it also overheats.
    Also the screen color shifting issue that is related to 90hz

Please go back to the older kernel.
    Thank you, very sad. Unfortunately, this ROM joins the ranks of ROMs that will not move me away from MIUI. Oh my. Earlier with the F1, it was all somehow easier.
    I guess everyone have different needs, for me, this is the perfect rom, after more than 10 years being on CM then Lineage, this one finally made me change :).
    Wanted to report that the battery in the latest update is significantly worse. My battery drains twice as fast now compared to before. I used to need to charge once every two days, but with this new update I end up needing to charge twice a day.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K40/Poco F3/Mi 11X (alioth)

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    IR blaster
    NFC
    Sound/vibration
    SafetyNet

Known issues
    Lock screen says "Charging slowly" when using Mi Turbo Charge. However, charging speeds are not affected.
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate

Liked our work? Donate to the project!

Translation

Help with project translation

Stay tuned

Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Get help

Installation instructions
    Alioth Telegram chat

Thanks

ZIDAN44 for previously maintaining this device and helping out
    chandra1.jd for previously maintaining this device

New builds for May
    Changelog:
    PixelExperience changes:
    - May security patch
    - Updated translations and gapps
    - Fixed battery widget not working properly
    - Fixed rotation button not showing in 2-button navbar mode
    - Improved statusbar brightness control (on plus version)
    - Introduced more granular settings for hotspot (on plus version)
    - Reverted QS background on white theme to old style (on plus version)
    - Other minor issues that have been fixed
    Device changes:
    - Based on MIUI 13 blobs
    - MIUI 13.0.2 firmware bundled - no need to flash separately
    - Improved camera cutout (now it looks the same as in MIUI/ArrowOS) and statusbar positioning
    - Improved corner cutouts
    - Improvements to dynamic refresh rate timers and thresholds
    - Fixed an issue that caused NFC to crash when tapping to pair with Bluetooth audio devices
    - Merged kernel changes from ArrowOS and android-4.19-stable
    - Various other changes

Note: This build and all future builds will automatically flash the required firmware - in this case, MIUI 13.0.2 Global. You don't need to worry about flashing a specific firmware before flashing this ROM anymore.

Download links and instructions are in the OP.
    Hey guys.

First off, I would like to thank you all for your feedback and kind words. Even though I haven't responded to any, I do read each and every one of your posts. It's cool to see that the March build has been downloaded ~4 thousand times. Your support motivates me to keep this ROM alive.

Now I would like to give an update and clarify a few things. First off, it is important to note that this ROM is intended to be flashed on top of the latest build of MIUI 12.5. While some people have successfully flashed on top of MIUI 13, doing that sometimes causes weird issues, such as music/video not playing properly. The installation instructions and the original post will be updated to mention this soon. Firmware may be included in the ROM at a later date.

Speaking of things that will be happening soon, the April build is almost ready. Or rather, builds, as PE Plus will also be released then. The April builds are focused on improving security and fixing bugs, including the bug that causes the device to not enter deep sleep, resulting in excessive idle drain when Ambient display is turned on. I'd like to thank @Barracuda77777 for suggesting a fix for this issue. I'll also make various other minor tweaks for a better user experience. Be patient, the wait for a new update is almost over.

Lastly, if you're facing issues with this ROM, many of them can be fixed by reflashing MIUI 12.5 and then clean flashing the latest build according to the installation instructions, especially if you came from an older build.

Um..yeah, that's about it. See ya soon.
    PixelExperience & PixelExperience Plus builds for April

Changelog:

PixelExperience changes:
    - April security patch
    - Fixed charging animation not appearing
    - Fixed unlock sound playing repeatedly
    - Updated translations
    - Other fixes
    Device changes:
    - Fixed vibration intensity (Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Vibration & haptics and toggle "Use vibration & haptics")
    - Fixed an issue that caused excessive idle battery drain when Ambient display was turned on
    - Fixed an issue that caused MIFIARE® cards to be read incorrectly
    - Improved the camera cutout and the status bar positioning
    - Set fingerprint sensor location to the right
    - Other changes for a better user experience
    Note: If you face any issues, flash the latest MIUI 12.5 build for your region, then clean flash the latest PixelExperience build.
    Check out the blog post to see all the new features in the Plus version.
    Download link and instructions are in the original post.
    PixelExperience & PixelExperience Plus builds for end of April
    Device changelog:
    - Fixed Always-on Display animation
    - Fixed CPU throttling
    - Kernel updated to CAF tag LA.UM.9.12.r1-14100-SMxx50.0

Thanks to @Barracuda77777 once again for CPU throttling fix