Development [ROM][12.1][OFFICIAL][alioth] PixelExperience for Redmi K40/Poco F3/Mi 11X [AOSP][6/24/22]

Search This thread

Uqbar

Aug 17, 2009
Regnum Utriusque Siciliæ
Yup. You can download a remote app from the Play Store and control various devices, such as TVs.
Ok.

I'm not sure exactly, but the closest equivalent would probably be OpenGapps nano + Pixel exclusive features. Not that it matters though, as any other gapps can be installed from the Play Store.
Exactly: why installing stuff that it is not needed by everyone and that can be installed from the Play Store? I cannot find any reference to what's exactly installed, though .

oasis1701

May 11, 2022
Xiaomi Poco F3
New builds for end of May
Changelog:
PixelExperience changes:
- Tell Phone Services to shut up (fix spammy location indicator)
Device changes:
- Switched to LineageOS kernel
- Significantly improved battery life with included kernel
- Update to MIUI 13.0.3 blobs
- Fixed MIFARE cards. Again.

thank you for your work.
Can i dirty flash the new update with the normal PE, over my current PE plus?

Krishna16

Jul 5, 2015
Xiaomi Poco F3
I installed this rom today and for some reason fast charging just won't work. It always displays Charging Slowly on the lock screen. Any way to fix this? Great rom btw.

Slushbox

May 27, 2022
If it does, then why does it say"Charging Slowly" on the lockscreen?

Good morning, I have two questions, is the flash on the selfie camera in WhatsApp solved?

and the gesture bar sometimes lags when you try to exit an application, it freezes and then reacts. I would like to know if that works better now, thanks for your effort and working faithfully, greetings.

WongPY

May 27, 2022
When the refresh rate drops to 90hz, the screen will flash and there is some minor colour changes. Is there anyway to disable the 90hz option?

oasis1701

May 11, 2022
Xiaomi Poco F3
My battery performance has decreased after the latest update.
I used pe recovery, dirty flashed the new update (PE over PE plus). i did not whipe anything after.
Same apps, no apps in app switcher
I slept for 8 hours, and phone lost 8% of battery while on standby. before this update i would lose either 2% or 3% in 8 hours.
I will test again tonight

Last edited:
Reactions: AkshayT

Promsd

Apr 20, 2010
@lzgmc hi! I noticed that after the May updates, I stopped switching tracks through bluetooth headphones. and also in the car the names of the songs played via bluetooth are no longer displayed. Thanks.

Slushbox

May 27, 2022
I just found a problem that did not happen in previous versions

previously I used to play cod with 4 fingers, and it worked without problem but in this version it is as if it does not detect the 4 fingers at the same time on the screen and the top finger moves the screen from the bottom is sad news for me cause the battery and the system run smoothly but if i can't play games comfortable is a shame :( its called multi touch problem

Last edited:

oasis1701

May 11, 2022
Xiaomi Poco F3
My battery performance has decreased after the latest update.
I used pe recovery, dirty flashed the new update (PE over PE plus). i did not whipe anything after.
Same apps, no apps in app switcher
I slept for 8 hours, and phone lost 8% of battery while on standby. before this update i would lose either 2% or 3% in 8 hours.
I will test again tonight

phone lost 9% of battery in 7.3 hours of standby
I want to downgrade to the previous version, can i dirty flash it?
do i need to wipe or format anything for downgrading?

idrozd

Sep 29, 2007
Moscow
Excellent firmware, thank you!!
After updating with PixelExperience_alioth-12.1-20220519-0434- OFFICIAL on PixelExperience_alioth-12.1-20220527-0211- OFFICIAL
the weather has disappeared - see the screenshot.
How to fix it?

After clean install - all rigth

Attachments

• Google_wheather_on_Pixel Launcher_0.jpg
    Google_wheather_on_Pixel Launcher_0.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Boo_hoo

May 19, 2014
Xiaomi Poco F3
Had anyone found after the latest update that touch for scrolling is broken. Often when scrolling the touch won't be registered correctly. It will register the scroll movement as a click. Could this be related to lineage kernel? I did not have this issue prior to this update.

Version:
SP2A.220505.002
PixelExperience_Plus_alioth-12.1-20220527-0224-OFFICIAL

JMunzz

May 17, 2022
really the battery drain much much faster with the lineage Kernel... I'm going to downgrade before it was much better

Reactions: ZztopZd3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know you haven't posted it yet, but @lzgmc thank you for the update! I recently installed the May update, and even after disabling a ton of services, I was still getting pretty lousy battery life and increased heat during stuff like video calls, so there was definitely something wrong there. Still I, and many others, appreciate the experimenting to create a well-rounded ROM. It's all about testing until it's perfect, anyways. :)

For those of you interested in the changelog for the June update:

Code:
    PixelExperience changes:
    - June security patch
    - Updated translations
    - Fixed video playback issues on some devices
    - Fixed styling issues on DocumentsUI
    - Fixed location indicator showing when no apps running
    - Fixed app font on Pixel Launcher
    - Other minor issues have been fixed
    Device changes:
    - Switched to ArrowOS kernel
    - Kernel updated to 4.19.246

So far so good, with only one glaring bug:

- The Pixel Voice Recorder does not work at all even after clearing the cache/data and trying out the different "Inputs". Matter of fact, the Inputs were "Pixel 5" and "Phone mic" until last update, this time it shows the device model for Poco F3 (M2012K11AG) instead of "Pixel 5", and of course the "Phone mic" input. This was true for the May update as well.

Thanks for your hard work and glad to see it continued
    Terrible battery drain in the last update. Have been using it since the OTA release and not only does my phone eat up the battery like crazy but it also overheats.
    Also the screen color shifting issue that is related to 90hz

Please go back to the older kernel.
    HI, i found a small imperfection in the status bar in the screen, the status bar, all the icons are moved slightly higher than normal, so they affect the graphics and symmetry.
    Fixed in the latest update.
    Hey, I'm about to install pixel experience on my poco f3, just waiting to unlock the bootloader, I would like to know if the ROM supports Dolby Atmos, and what about the Best gcam for this device, thanks
    Dolby is missing. For camera, I use MGC by BSG. Lately anxcamera is ported for f3. Promised features seem to be working without problem.
    Is there an option in this rom to unlock the phone only by pressing the fingerprint reader? Not when only touching, just when pressing the button?

I would like to try any 3rd party rom but couldn't find any with this option.

Has been that function implemented in any custom firmware? TY

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K40/Poco F3/Mi 11X (alioth)

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    IR blaster
    NFC
    Sound/vibration
    SafetyNet

Known issues
    Lock screen says "Charging slowly" when using Mi Turbo Charge. However, charging speeds are not affected.
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate

Liked our work? Donate to the project!

Translation

Help with project translation

Stay tuned

Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Get help

Installation instructions
    Alioth Telegram chat

Thanks

ZIDAN44 for previously maintaining this device and helping out
    chandra1.jd for previously maintaining this device

New builds for May
    Changelog:
    PixelExperience changes:
    - May security patch
    - Updated translations and gapps
    - Fixed battery widget not working properly
    - Fixed rotation button not showing in 2-button navbar mode
    - Improved statusbar brightness control (on plus version)
    - Introduced more granular settings for hotspot (on plus version)
    - Reverted QS background on white theme to old style (on plus version)
    - Other minor issues that have been fixed
    Device changes:
    - Based on MIUI 13 blobs
    - MIUI 13.0.2 firmware bundled - no need to flash separately
    - Improved camera cutout (now it looks the same as in MIUI/ArrowOS) and statusbar positioning
    - Improved corner cutouts
    - Improvements to dynamic refresh rate timers and thresholds
    - Fixed an issue that caused NFC to crash when tapping to pair with Bluetooth audio devices
    - Merged kernel changes from ArrowOS and android-4.19-stable
    - Various other changes

Note: This build and all future builds will automatically flash the required firmware - in this case, MIUI 13.0.2 Global. You don't need to worry about flashing a specific firmware before flashing this ROM anymore.

Download links and instructions are in the OP.
    Hey guys.

First off, I would like to thank you all for your feedback and kind words. Even though I haven't responded to any, I do read each and every one of your posts. It's cool to see that the March build has been downloaded ~4 thousand times. Your support motivates me to keep this ROM alive.

Now I would like to give an update and clarify a few things. First off, it is important to note that this ROM is intended to be flashed on top of the latest build of MIUI 12.5. While some people have successfully flashed on top of MIUI 13, doing that sometimes causes weird issues, such as music/video not playing properly. The installation instructions and the original post will be updated to mention this soon. Firmware may be included in the ROM at a later date.

Speaking of things that will be happening soon, the April build is almost ready. Or rather, builds, as PE Plus will also be released then. The April builds are focused on improving security and fixing bugs, including the bug that causes the device to not enter deep sleep, resulting in excessive idle drain when Ambient display is turned on. I'd like to thank @Barracuda77777 for suggesting a fix for this issue. I'll also make various other minor tweaks for a better user experience. Be patient, the wait for a new update is almost over.

Lastly, if you're facing issues with this ROM, many of them can be fixed by reflashing MIUI 12.5 and then clean flashing the latest build according to the installation instructions, especially if you came from an older build.

Um..yeah, that's about it. See ya soon.
    PixelExperience & PixelExperience Plus builds for April

Changelog:

PixelExperience changes:
    - April security patch
    - Fixed charging animation not appearing
    - Fixed unlock sound playing repeatedly
    - Updated translations
    - Other fixes
    Device changes:
    - Fixed vibration intensity (Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Vibration & haptics and toggle "Use vibration & haptics")
    - Fixed an issue that caused excessive idle battery drain when Ambient display was turned on
    - Fixed an issue that caused MIFIARE® cards to be read incorrectly
    - Improved the camera cutout and the status bar positioning
    - Set fingerprint sensor location to the right
    - Other changes for a better user experience
    Note: If you face any issues, flash the latest MIUI 12.5 build for your region, then clean flash the latest PixelExperience build.
    Check out the blog post to see all the new features in the Plus version.
    Download link and instructions are in the original post.
    PixelExperience & PixelExperience Plus builds for end of April
    Device changelog:
    - Fixed Always-on Display animation
    - Fixed CPU throttling
    - Kernel updated to CAF tag LA.UM.9.12.r1-14100-SMxx50.0

Thanks to @Barracuda77777 once again for CPU throttling fix