When the k40 uses the v2rayNG application, the phone will slow down and become stuck. This happens from time to time, and the v2ray connection needs to be disconnected. At the same time, I also use Kitsunebi and Clash for Android, both of which have this problem.
Last time I had similar issue I set my screen to keep on during OTA update... I noticed that when screen goes off (and probably other stuff) the OTA update takes ages to finish. The guys running PE Plus turn on the caffeine mode preventing the problem.
New builds for end of May
- Tell Phone Services to shut up (fix spammy location indicator)
- Switched to LineageOS kernel
- Significantly improved battery life with included kernel
- Update to MIUI 13.0.3 blobs
- Fixed MIFARE cards. Again.
I know you haven't posted it yet, but @lzgmc thank you for the update! I recently installed the May update, and even after disabling a ton of services, I was still getting pretty lousy battery life and increased heat during stuff like video calls, so there was definitely something wrong there. Still I, and many others, appreciate the experimenting to create a well-rounded ROM. It's all about testing until it's perfect, anyways.
For those of you interested in the changelog for the June update:
- June security patch
- Updated translations
- Fixed video playback issues on some devices
- Fixed styling issues on DocumentsUI
- Fixed location indicator showing when no apps running
- Fixed app font on Pixel Launcher
- Other minor issues have been fixed
- Switched to ArrowOS kernel
- Kernel updated to 4.19.246
So far so good, with only one glaring bug:
- The Pixel Voice Recorder does not work at all even after clearing the cache/data and trying out the different "Inputs". Matter of fact, the Inputs were "Pixel 5" and "Phone mic" until last update, this time it shows the device model for Poco F3 (M2012K11AG) instead of "Pixel 5", and of course the "Phone mic" input. This was true for the May update as well.
Thanks for your hard work and glad to see it continued
Terrible battery drain in the last update. Have been using it since the OTA release and not only does my phone eat up the battery like crazy but it also overheats.
Also the screen color shifting issue that is related to 90hz
Wanted to report that the battery in the latest update is significantly worse. My battery drains twice as fast now compared to before. I used to need to charge once every two days, but with this new update I end up needing to charge twice a day.
New builds for May
- May security patch
- Updated translations and gapps
- Fixed battery widget not working properly
- Fixed rotation button not showing in 2-button navbar mode
- Improved statusbar brightness control (on plus version)
- Introduced more granular settings for hotspot (on plus version)
- Reverted QS background on white theme to old style (on plus version)
- Other minor issues that have been fixed
- Based on MIUI 13 blobs
- MIUI 13.0.2 firmware bundled - no need to flash separately
- Improved camera cutout (now it looks the same as in MIUI/ArrowOS) and statusbar positioning
- Improved corner cutouts
- Improvements to dynamic refresh rate timers and thresholds
- Fixed an issue that caused NFC to crash when tapping to pair with Bluetooth audio devices
- Merged kernel changes from ArrowOS and android-4.19-stable
- Various other changes
Note: This build and all future builds will automatically flash the required firmware - in this case, MIUI 13.0.2 Global. You don't need to worry about flashing a specific firmware before flashing this ROM anymore.
First off, I would like to thank you all for your feedback and kind words. Even though I haven't responded to any, I do read each and every one of your posts. It's cool to see that the March build has been downloaded ~4 thousand times. Your support motivates me to keep this ROM alive.
Now I would like to give an update and clarify a few things. First off, it is important to note that this ROM is intended to be flashed on top of the latest build of MIUI 12.5. While some people have successfully flashed on top of MIUI 13, doing that sometimes causes weird issues, such as music/video not playing properly. The installation instructions and the original post will be updated to mention this soon. Firmware may be included in the ROM at a later date.
Speaking of things that will be happening soon, the April build is almost ready. Or rather, builds, as PE Plus will also be released then. The April builds are focused on improving security and fixing bugs, including the bug that causes the device to not enter deep sleep, resulting in excessive idle drain when Ambient display is turned on. I'd like to thank @Barracuda77777 for suggesting a fix for this issue. I'll also make various other minor tweaks for a better user experience. Be patient, the wait for a new update is almost over.
Lastly, if you're facing issues with this ROM, many of them can be fixed by reflashing MIUI 12.5 and then clean flashing the latest build according to the installation instructions, especially if you came from an older build.
PixelExperience & PixelExperience Plus builds for April
- April security patch
- Fixed charging animation not appearing
- Fixed unlock sound playing repeatedly
- Updated translations
- Other fixes
- Fixed vibration intensity (Go to Settings -> Accessibility -> Vibration & haptics and toggle "Use vibration & haptics")
- Fixed an issue that caused excessive idle battery drain when Ambient display was turned on
- Fixed an issue that caused MIFIARE® cards to be read incorrectly
- Improved the camera cutout and the status bar positioning
- Set fingerprint sensor location to the right
- Other changes for a better user experience
Note: If you face any issues, flash the latest MIUI 12.5 build for your region, then clean flash the latest PixelExperience build.
Check out the blog post to see all the new features in the Plus version.
Download link and instructions are in the original post.