Development [ROM][12.1][OFFICIAL][alioth] PixelExperience for Redmi K40/Poco F3/Mi 11X [AOSP][8/25/22]

Search This thread

ciottaciotta

Just to check. If I want to install Pixel Experience, should I install MIUI 13 before I flash Pixel Experience or should I just install MIUI 12.5?
What version are you on ?
Rom Author said that only if you are already on 13 and after install you have some issues you must go back to last 12.5.x version and install again.
I Installed this rom from 13.0.4.0 and 13.0.3.0 (I have 2 poco F3) and I had no issues at all.

Reactions: jnsson

ciottaciotta

why are there no updates for so long? :( I hope the development is not stopped..
Last Rom update is from late April (Apr 24, 2022 it's 20 days ago!). > Let's thank the author for the time and effort and give him the time to do his voodoo magic.

> If you want to keep up to date on release dates for this and other devices PE development you can check the PixelExperience official chat on telegram channel and search for the specific device codename, so "alioth" for this one.

jnsson

What version are you on ?
Rom Author said that only if you are already on 13 and after install you have some issues you must go back to last 12.5.x version and install again.
I Installed this rom from 13.0.4.0 and 13.0.3.0 (I have 2 poco F3) and I had no issues at all.
I don't have the phone yet, but I think I will buy one tomorrow and I want to flash Pixel Experience, so just preparing if I should stick to 12.5 or install 13 before start flashing custom rom (and unlocking the bootloader) :)

spaha-bih

Feb 16, 2012
Sarajevo
I don't have the phone yet, but I think I will buy one tomorrow and I want to flash Pixel Experience, so just preparing if I should stick to 12.5 or install 13 before start flashing custom rom (and unlocking the bootloader) :)
Today I went back from the Xiaomi EU to latest Global MIUI 13 and flashed Pixel Experience Plus. I can give you some feedback through 2-3 days if there are any issues, if you want.

But darn, animations on PE are so fast and sleeker than the MIUI ones haha.

pavuk71

May 16, 2022
Hello everybody! how to change the blocking method? in MIUI it was like this: option 1 - when you press the button, the scanner read the fingerprint. Option 2 - when you touch the button, the fingerprint is immediately read. I did not find 1 option in PE. Is it not there at all, or will it be added in the future?

lzgmc

Feb 13, 2016
United States
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
Hello everybody! how to change the blocking method? in MIUI it was like this: option 1 - when you press the button, the scanner read the fingerprint. Option 2 - when you touch the button, the fingerprint is immediately read. I did not find 1 option in PE. Is it not there at all, or will it be added in the future?
Sorry, but that option doesn't exist in PE. It probably won't be added.

Hptaurus

Nov 27, 2018
Dear Developer,

I got Error like this on CMD

adb sideload PixelExperience_alioth-12.1-20220424-2314-OFFICIAL.zip
loading: 'PixelExperience_alioth-12.1-20220424-2314-OFFICIAL.zip'
* cannot read 'PixelExperience_alioth-12.1-20220424-2314-OFFICIAL.zip' *

I'm using the PixelExperienceRecovery

Please help

Thank you

pavuk71

May 16, 2022
Is there any reason why it won't be?

This is the thing that frustrate me the most. I hate when I pull my phone out of the pocket and it says on the lock screen, too many attempts, and I had to enter the pass code manually.
After locking the screen, I put the smartphone in my pocket and my thumb is on the lock button, thus I unlock the phone again and my foot starts to press the screen. Usually the flight mode is turned on, but sometimes instant messengers open and the "leg" starts writing obscene things to my friends and wife :)
(google translate)

jelf10

Aug 21, 2021
I've been using pe for the a few weeks. Is it normal for the ambient display to be really dim? I'll receive a notification and can't even read it. Ended up turning it off and using glimpse notifications.

bombowy0

Mar 18, 2015
After coming from Miui, 5G is not working anymore. Pixel OS blocks 5G in unsupported countries, is there a way to unlock it in pixel experience? I'm in range of 5g signal of my carrier so it's not the problem on carrier side

spaha-bih

Feb 16, 2012
Sarajevo
After locking the screen, I put the smartphone in my pocket and my thumb is on the lock button, thus I unlock the phone again and my foot starts to press the screen. Usually the flight mode is turned on, but sometimes instant messengers open and the "leg" starts writing obscene things to my friends and wife :)
(google translate)
yeah, i have the same issue. the worst thing that could happened that i could send messages to wrong people xD
but it happened that i had random pocket calls and hearing out of nowhere how
here is the quick update, so far no issues, except the one thing and that's fingerprint always active.

i am thinking now to switch to syberia os just because of this as syberia has option to disable always active fingerprint sensor.

Beni17

Jan 1, 2020
How to install PE Rom? Is mandatory with PE recovery to install this Rom or can you use another recovery?

KrayGenee

Apr 8, 2022
yeah, i have the same issue. the worst thing that could happened that i could send messages to wrong people xD
but it happened that i had random pocket calls and hearing out of nowhere how

here is the quick update, so far no issues, except the one thing and that's fingerprint always active.

i am thinking now to switch to syberia os just because of this as syberia has option to disable always active fingerprint sensor.
Yeah i have the same issue.
I saw on CrDroid there is an option where you can choose to unlock with touch or press the button. Is there any possible way to to change this to press instead of touch? Maybe with magisk module?
Please help🥹

TLDR i flashed to PE plus from 12.5 and the only issues i have is one that i wrote before and another one is with bluetooth headphones.
I use huawei freebuds 4i and whenever i get a call and pick up, i cant hear anything so is the person that calls me. That happend several times. Somehow got fixed:) i didnt really do anything.

So if i can can get power button to work on press instead of touch i will be extremely happy😁

ciottaciotta

Is there any reason why it won't be?

This is the thing that frustrate me the most. I hate when I pull my phone out of the pocket and it says on the lock screen, too many attempts, and I had to enter the pass code manually.
I got a cover so it's harder to touch that button without notice (poco f3 rinkge fusion x). + If you are in need of multiple unlockl options and more fetures you can search out there to find a more suitable rom for you. If devs will add all the existent MIUI and, why not, Samsung and also Sony features we will have another service clogged octopus rom... if I wanted that i could choose another or kept Miui.
PE means Pixel Experience, not MIUI Experience nor samsung or sony.
This is the way !

Last edited:
Reactions: Paardenpijper

lzgmc

Feb 13, 2016
United States
OnePlus Nord N200 5G
New builds for May
Changelog:
PixelExperience changes:
- May security patch
- Updated translations and gapps
- Fixed battery widget not working properly
- Fixed rotation button not showing in 2-button navbar mode
- Improved statusbar brightness control (on plus version)
- Introduced more granular settings for hotspot (on plus version)
- Reverted QS background on white theme to old style (on plus version)
- Other minor issues that have been fixed
Device changes:
- Based on MIUI 13 blobs
- MIUI 13.0.2 firmware bundled - no need to flash separately
- Improved camera cutout (now it looks the same as in MIUI/ArrowOS) and statusbar positioning
- Improved corner cutouts
- Improvements to dynamic refresh rate timers and thresholds
- Fixed an issue that caused NFC to crash when tapping to pair with Bluetooth audio devices
- Merged kernel changes from ArrowOS and android-4.19-stable
- Various other changes

Note: This build and all future builds will automatically flash the required firmware - in this case, MIUI 13.0.2 Global. You don't need to worry about flashing a specific firmware before flashing this ROM anymore.

Download links and instructions are in the OP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Redmi K40/Poco F3/Mi 11X (alioth)

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    IR blaster
    NFC
    Sound/vibration
    SafetyNet

Known issues
    Lock screen says "Charging slowly" when using Mi Turbo Charge. However, charging speeds are not affected.
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate

Liked our work? Donate to the project!

Translation

Help with project translation

Stay tuned

Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Get help

Installation instructions
    Alioth Telegram chat

Thanks

ZIDAN44 for previously maintaining this device and helping out
    chandra1.jd for previously maintaining this device

New builds for May
    Changelog:
    PixelExperience changes:
    - May security patch
    - Updated translations and gapps
    - Fixed battery widget not working properly
    - Fixed rotation button not showing in 2-button navbar mode
    - Improved statusbar brightness control (on plus version)
    - Introduced more granular settings for hotspot (on plus version)
    - Reverted QS background on white theme to old style (on plus version)
    - Other minor issues that have been fixed
    Device changes:
    - Based on MIUI 13 blobs
    - MIUI 13.0.2 firmware bundled - no need to flash separately
    - Improved camera cutout (now it looks the same as in MIUI/ArrowOS) and statusbar positioning
    - Improved corner cutouts
    - Improvements to dynamic refresh rate timers and thresholds
    - Fixed an issue that caused NFC to crash when tapping to pair with Bluetooth audio devices
    - Merged kernel changes from ArrowOS and android-4.19-stable
    - Various other changes

Note: This build and all future builds will automatically flash the required firmware - in this case, MIUI 13.0.2 Global. You don't need to worry about flashing a specific firmware before flashing this ROM anymore.

Download links and instructions are in the OP.
    Hey guys.

First off, I would like to thank you all for your feedback and kind words. Even though I haven't responded to any, I do read each and every one of your posts. It's cool to see that the March build has been downloaded ~4 thousand times. Your support motivates me to keep this ROM alive.

Now I would like to give an update and clarify a few things. First off, it is important to note that this ROM is intended to be flashed on top of the latest build of MIUI 12.5. While some people have successfully flashed on top of MIUI 13, doing that sometimes causes weird issues, such as music/video not playing properly. The installation instructions and the original post will be updated to mention this soon. Firmware may be included in the ROM at a later date.

Speaking of things that will be happening soon, the April build is almost ready. Or rather, builds, as PE Plus will also be released then. The April builds are focused on improving security and fixing bugs, including the bug that causes the device to not enter deep sleep, resulting in excessive idle drain when Ambient display is turned on. I'd like to thank @Barracuda77777 for suggesting a fix for this issue. I'll also make various other minor tweaks for a better user experience. Be patient, the wait for a new update is almost over.

Lastly, if you're facing issues with this ROM, many of them can be fixed by reflashing MIUI 12.5 and then clean flashing the latest build according to the installation instructions, especially if you came from an older build.

Um..yeah, that's about it. See ya soon.
    Where is the august update?
    About 100 meters away from your location and rapidly approaching.
    Just wanted to stop to say this ROM is once again incredible. I have it in my old op5t and now Poco F3, and it adds so much value to my phone. Performance and features in my opinion far surpass what comes out of the box with MIUI. Thank you dev and PE team!