[ROM][12.1][OFFICIAL][CEPHEUS] PixelOS [RETROFIT][20/07/2022]

Search This thread

I.m.Tuga

Jun 20, 2012
New Update! (Clean Flash is needed)
Finally Cepheus it's official!

Look at main post! Link for download is in PixelOS Website. In this build I moved to Retrofit Dynamic Partitions, so that's why TWRP and OFOX won't be supported. There's only 1 issue mentioned on main post too.

Device feels more smooth now. Battery doesn't drains fast too. I hope y'all likes it. If you find colors strange, that's how natural colors should look, if you want you can change to Saturated in Display>Colors

Make sure to follow properly instructions, enjoy!
In the last update, I've used the ROM for about 1 week, but the battery drain was even superior to other AOSP ROMs. No matter what app I froze or uninstalled I never i had a minute of deep sleep (0% deep sleep). I could only get 2 hours of SOT, only work calls and e-mails, by midday I was on 30% battery. I had no choice but to go back to MIUI 12.5. because I really need the phone to go through the day on a single charge.
I'll wait for the users feedback, hoping everything is ok.
Thank you for your work and good luck in your university studies.

Reactions: balgxmr

ghurtskaia

Apr 27, 2017
In the last update, I've used the ROM for about 1 week, but the battery drain was even superior to other AOSP ROMs. No matter what app I froze or uninstalled I never i had a minute of deep sleep (0% deep sleep). I could only get 2 hours of SOT, only work calls and e-mails, by midday I was on 30% battery. I had no choice but to go back to MIUI 12.5. because I really need the phone to go through the day on a single charge.
Hi, can you tell me which miui version is best for mi 9?

balgxmr

May 30, 2018
linktr.ee
There could be many things that lead to 0% deep sleep, in my case it was good like 95% of the time. It's okay, if you want then wait for feedback ^^
Also, thanks! Yes will put a lot of effort on university : )

Reactions: I.m.Tuga

customoto

Feb 5, 2011
Hello,

i cant do the following fastboot part in the Installing Instructions. I can not install super_empty.img!
fastboot says: usage: unknown command wipe-super
I have the latest Xiaomi Drivers an Minimal ADB and Fastboot 1.4.3 (the latest so far) installed. What can i do?

OK did it, my Fault. Took the SDK Platform Tools. Everything OK now.

Last edited:
Reactions: balgxmr and zibino

Dinky121/

Aug 8, 2022
Portugal
Hello,

i cant do the following fastboot part in the Installing Instructions. I can not install super_empty.img!
fastboot says: usage: unknown command wipe-super
I have the latest Xiaomi Drivers an Minimal ADB and Fastboot 1.4.3 (the latest so far) installed. What can i do?

OK did it, my Fault. Took the SDK Platform Tools. Everything OK now.

fastboot wipe super-super_empty.img,try this comand.

Thom Harkness

Aug 17, 2022
Hello on the PE for cepheus, the locking and unlocking is very beautifully done. the screen starts to glow from the lock button. and it also turns off, first the left part turns off and gradually the entire screen, the last pixels fade out near the button. can you do the same please? ☺️
and this is a very nice ROM, thank you so much 👍 good luck to you 😉

Reactions: clovem

Thom Harkness

Aug 17, 2022
I have a question. the Wi-Fi hotspot is not working.
the access point turns on by itself, the computer sees it, I can connect to it. but the internet doesn't work.
the usb modem is working fine, the internet is spreading

Hello,
I installed the ROM yesterday and now realized that my Mi 9 is not fast charging, does the ROM supports fast charging?
Do I need to change any setting?
WhatsApp Image 2022-08-18 at 11.34.28.jpeg

danitco

Mar 4, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 9
With last oficial update, there is a fm radio app which is useless as we cannot connect wired headphones (and there's no radio chip at all in cepheus). And I've not been able to uninstall through adb. Could it be removed in next update, please?

The rom for me works well, and coming from PE+ I just miss a couple of switches (clock to the right and different battery icons). It's quick, it doesn't warm too much, battery is ok. The only thing I have not tested yet is NFC.

Great job.

crewords

Feb 17, 2013
Seoul
500px.com
Xiaomi Mi 9
With last oficial update, there is a fm radio app which is useless as we cannot connect wired headphones (and there's no radio chip at all in cepheus). And I've not been able to uninstall through adb. Could it be removed in next update, please?

The rom for me works well, and coming from PE+ I just miss a couple of switches (clock to the right and different battery icons). It's quick, it doesn't warm too much, battery is ok. The only thing I have not tested yet is NFC.

Great job.

NFC works well, too. I'm actually using it.

Reactions: danitco

danitco

Mar 4, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 9
Another thing that is a bit annoying for me is that when changing to another app for a while, the previous is hard to keep. Normally it is closed and must be restarted. Guess it's for saving battery, but when gaming it's not the best option. Anyone with the same experience?

marcusciochi

Oct 14, 2018
I'm having a very annoying bug.

When charging, the phone thinks that I have a wired headphone connected and goes berzerk.
Now, I can't play anything with audio, the phone freezes and crashes. Reboot does not work. Connecting a headphone or speaker (wired or bluetooth) also does nothing.

Anyone knows what to do?

danitco

Mar 4, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 9
I'm having a very annoying bug.

When charging, the phone thinks that I have a wired headphone connected and goes berzerk.
Now, I can't play anything with audio, the phone freezes and crashes. Reboot does not work. Connecting a headphone or speaker (wired or bluetooth) also does nothing.

Anyone knows what to do?
Well, something similar. Playing CoD with bluetooth headphones, when connectimg the cable to charge, sound disappears. I have to switch off/on bluetooth and sound back to normal through bluetooth.

Hope it helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone!
    Sorry that I haven't updated XDA. I fixed link of super_empty.img, which was deleted before. Thanks to Rakib Hasan for pointing it out.

Also, I've been working on PixelOS A13, don't ask for ETA, but all I can say is that device side is ready (Thanks to Evasi0nXiao for trees). I'm just waiting for source and release.
    Clean flash for a13 will be mandatory so prepare your backups xD.

Edit: about the <no sound while charger is plugged> issue, will be gone for A13 so don't worry.

Here you can read more about PixelOS A13!
    > Teaser 👀

Hope y'all have a nice day!
    Hej!

super_empty.img download link doesn't work. File doesn't exist on Google Drive anymore.
    Its already 15 September. Any new update rumors?
    pixelos-saaya.png

PixelOS for Xiaomi Mi 9 (cepheus)

PixelOS is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, themed icons, google sans fonts, Monet color based system wide theming, boot animation), a fork of OG Pixel Experience with improvements on the top of it. Huge respect to Pixel Experience team for their work, thanks to them for making this ROM possible.
    In short a fully functional Pixel Experience with just the right amount of essentials.

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Device Specific Issues:
    - No sound while charger is plugged in.

Downloads:
    PixelOS Website
    super_empty.img
    PixelOS Recovery

*YOU MUST CLEAN FLASH if you are coming from any other ROM or MIUI.
    Flashing instructions (PixelOS Recovery)
    - Xiaomi Mi 9 (Cepheus) PixelOS builds are using Retrofit Dynamic Partitions, so, do NOT use TWRP or OrangeFOX, those recoveries on Cepheus doesn't supports these builds.
    - Use PixelOS Recovery only.
    - Do NOT flash custom kernels, they won't boot.

# Clean Flash
    - Make sure your platform-tools (adb and fastboot) are up to date
    - Download PixelOS Rom zip
    - Download PixelOS Recovery
    - Download super_empty.img (look at SourceForge or XDA for this img)
    - Flash recovery using: fastboot flash recovery <recoveryname.img>
    - Reboot to recovery
    - Go to Advanced > Enter fastboot
    - Connect your phone to your PC and enter the following command: fastboot wipe-super super_empty.img
    - If you get Unknown Command error, use: ./fastboot wipe-super super_empty.img
    * (if the above issue persists, make sure that your platform tools and drivers are up to date).
    - Press "Enter Recovery" on your phone
    - Format data with Factory Reset > Format data/factory reset
    - Sideload the zip with Apply Update > Apply from ADB, and do: adb sideload <ROM zip file>
    - Reboot and voila!

# Dirty Flash
    - Update via OTA updater and done or...
    - Download ROM.zip from website
    - Enter PixelOS Recovery > Apply Update > Apply from ADB
    - Sideload the ROM using: adb sideload <ROM zip file>
    - Reboot

Note: Gapps are included, don't flash separately.

Join PixelOS Telegram Group https://t.me/PixelOSChat
    Join PixelOS Official Cepheus Telegram Group: https://t.me/pixeloscepheus

Source Code
    PixelOS: http://github.com/PixelOS-Pixelish
    Device Tree: https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/device_xiaomi_cepheus/
    Common Tree: https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/device_xiaomi_sm8150-common/
    Vendor: https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/vendor_xiaomi_cepheus/
    Common Vendor: https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/vendor_xiaomi_sm8150-common/
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/baalgx/kernel_xiaomi_sm8150-legacy/
    - Based On: https://github.com/xiaomi-sm8150-devs/android_kernel_xiaomi_sm8150-legacy

Stable Release Date: 12/08/22
    Latest Release Date: 12/08/22
    NEW UPDATE!
    08-July-22

Hi everyone! New update is here. This update brings new changes from source and device! ☺️

Source Changelog July Update:
    • Merged July Security Patch
    • Fixed issues with a few banking apps (such as HDFC) detecting root access
    • Extended Applock support to various system apps
    • Added optional Daily data usage in expanded quicksettings
    • Updated per-app volume drawable to match other system elements
    • Improvements in statusbar icon paddings
    • Added toggles for vibration icon and old style mobile data indicators in Icon manager
    • Made battery & clock clickable again in quick statusbar header
    • Updated translations (thanks to everyone who contributed).
    • Squashed some bugs (in real life too)

Device Changes 08-July:
    - overlay: Compact cached app heaps in the background
    - overlay: Allow more cached apps in the background
    - rootdir: Add SchedTune configuration
    - Switch to SkiaGL Threaded
    - Developer options: Display cutout: add NoCutOut overlay (Hide Notch) [This breaks fingerprint at the moment]
    - Bring back HBM / Display Mode
    - LiveDisplay: Add Picture adjustment
    - kernel: Drop KCAL color control
    - kernel: Fix green tint issue on fod unlock [Thanks to Logan, Flackback and Demon000 for commit/fix!]
    - kernel: Enable LZ4 Compressed Ramdisk
    - Other improvements!

Download Here!
    Enjoy!
    More information about flash guide, what is PixelOS and more, are on the original post! ☺️
    NEW UPDATE! (Hotfix) 20-July-2022

Hello! I'm here again. This is a hotfix update to fix GPS not working properly and some ram issues. Enjoy smoothness! I updated kernel too.​

Nothing new from source rom side, but there's a list of device changes! - 20 July 2022
    - Fix gps not working properly
    - Revert "cepheus: overlay: Compact cached app heaps in the background"
    - Revert "cepheus: overlay: Allow more cached apps in the background"
    - Don't improve RAM management
    - Use phase offsets as duration and sync duration props with raven
    - kernel: import and Enable Oneplus memory management hacks
    - kernel: synced with latest soviet-star commits

DOWNLOAD HERE
    Enjoy!
    More information about flash guide, what is PixelOS and more, are on the original post! ☺️
    NEW UPDATE!
    13-July-22 (Needs clean flash)

Hi everyone again! New update is here but this time its an important update from device side! 😁

IMPORTANT/READ: This build update is signed with release-keys (previous it was using test-keys so some bank apps didn't worked properly), so for this time you will need to do a Clean Flash.
    If you do dirty flash, your system is not going to work properly. So prepare your backup. 🧐
    -> Banks apps will now work good! (Thanks to Saturno on TG for testing).

Nothing new from source rom side, but here's the list of device changes! - 13 July 2022
    - *SIGNED BUILD [switch to release-keys], NEEDS CLEAN FLASH!
    - CarrierConfig: Enable VoLTE support for Telkomsel (Indonesia)
    - overlay: enable VoLTE support for Indosat and XL Axiata
    - overlay: enable VoLTE support for Three
    - dsds: restart qcrild on data switch (restores VoLTE switching in real time)
    - Add and increase 5 GHz network signal tolerance
    - gps: Update to LA.UM.9.1.r1-11200-SMxxx0.0
    - Update telephony package list to LA.QSSI.12.0.r1-05600-qssi.0
    - configs: Update config.fs from LA.UM.9.1.r1-10600-SMxxx0.0
    - Spoof Netflix as Pixel 6
    - Switch to raven Pixel 6 Pro fingerprint [test]
    - parts: Add Mi Sound Enhancer (Dirac) and Clear Speaker
    - parts: Add more Dirac presets and fixes for Dirac

DOWNLOAD HERE
    Enjoy!
    NEW UPDATE!
    28-06-22

Hi! New update is here, there's nothing new from Source side.
    But, I've made a lot of changes on device side. I hope you enjoy it. There's a list of device changes!☺️
    Device Changes 28-06:
    • Drop Vulkan (fixes color/glitched video issues and some GCam crashing)
    • Disable zram writeback
    • rootdir: Powersaving in charger mode
    • Adjust charger state CPUs
    • CarrierConfig: update from 5800 QSSI
    • Enable LZ4 compression for ramdisks
    • Use coral tuning for columbus feature
    • Properties: remove obsolete debug.sf.disable_backpressure
    • Fixed status bar glitch for apps that access internal resource dimen
    • Revert "Import governor settings from coral"
    • Revert "Add SchedTune configuration"
    • Revert "Import power_profile from coral"
    • Nuke init.power.rc
    • Don't tune sde partition on boot
    • overlay: Disable Adaptive Connectivity preference
    • overlay: Enable auto brightness while dozing
    • AOD: Decouple suspend from screen state
    • wifi: Update config from sm8150-common tree
    • prop: Force disable iorapd
    • Other improvements
    Download link here
    Download PixelOS 28-06 Recovery here