[ROM][12.1][OFFICIAL][Guacamoleb] Evolution X | Snow [04/11/22]

Search This thread

freakpowa

Sep 7, 2007
Hello all,

Everything works well with this rom (L3 level, ...) except Google pay that let me register my card with all permissions from Google and my bank but when I use NFC on a payment terminal it refuses the card automatically. Some device said "use only one card" (no issue with Oxygène OS 11)

My questions :

- Did somebody have encounter this issue?
- Did you lock your bootloader after flashing the rom (maybe that would have an influence) ?

Thanks

Last edited:

MKe97

Jun 11, 2022
This ROM turned out to be great. Had OOS flashed on both slots beforehand and thus kept L1. Everything is smooth as far as I can tell so I'm glad I gave this a chance.

There are some caveats though:
- When vibrating (only true for "strong" setting which cannot be changed for eg the alarm) it feels and sounds like my phone is gonna rip itself apart.
- There is some minor bug in the status bar, sometimes the space between certain items vanishes and you end up with some icons nearly fusing
- (known issue) Alert slider resets on every boot

For those who come from OOS:
- The alarm isnt capable to wake up your phone
- No Camera installed so be sure to have an apk ready
- afaik there is no option to force certain apps into dark mode

All in all this is maybe one of the best ROMs you can get and I really appreciate the work from the developer(s)! Thank you

Edit:
- I doesn't seem like dialer codes (*#06*) etc. Work on this ROM.
- Customisation is pretty limited as far as the "app drawer" is concerned. In OOS you could change the name and icon of the apps, doenst work here.
- some apps seem so struggle with full screen navigation gestures. Don't know if this is a general A12 thing.
- be aware: A12 locks down some of your folders. If you use this mod w/o root, it ain't easy to access certain folder (eg. Android/data/... )

Edit 2:
- Default Apps are fixed. This, too, seems like standard A12 behaviour. I personally don't like to be forced to always use the same browser for all links I click for example.

Last edited:
Reactions: amitsingh5198

JudgeDread11

Aug 17, 2014
Ao Nang, Krabi
This ROM is awesome, but I can't get my data connection to work.
On wifi everything is fine, but as I soon I turn off wifi I have no internet connection.
Did a clean install without anything else, same issue.
Anybody else had this problem or suggestions on how to solve this.
Would really like to be able to use this ROM.

JudgeDread11

Aug 17, 2014
Ao Nang, Krabi
I got it working.
Just got another question:
It's it possible to pass safetynet on this ROM?
Not a deal breaker, just wondering if I am wasting my time trying.

JudgeDread11

Aug 17, 2014
Ao Nang, Krabi
Got safetynet passing and my banking app working.
I'm really happy with this ROM. No significant slow downs of Magisk noticed. And everything I use just works.

All I have is a few requests that I feel would fit well in this ROM.

1. Would it be possible to expand the spoofing to Google fit, so so we can use the build in heartbeat and respiration checker?

2. Can there be a location added to the battery bar. It has only the top of the status bar, which means 25% is hidden behind the camera notch.
Is out possible to add a location for the bottom of the status bar?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The rom is Enough good for daily driver. I'm using since 1 week but Still we have april security Update. When We will get The update Of this rom?

Evolution X 6.x for the OnePlus 7 / [Guacamoleb]
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is void. Or valId, probably?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,
    * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
    * these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
    */

0KUV8YX.png

Keep Evolving
    Pixel UI, customization, and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -
    @joeyhuab
    @RealAkito
    @
    AnierinB

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

SRQCjQJ.png

Just flash and check "The Evolver". We have tons of features combined together from different ROMs.

CIrL2gb.png

* Panel modes do not work
    * You tell me

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

o2G52Ve.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    Prerequisites:
    1. Unlocked bootloader
    2. Latest OOS 11 stable as the base ROM

1. Copy the ROM zip and boot.img in the platform tools folder and open the command prompt or terminal.
    2. fastboot flash boot <recovery_filename>.img
    here it will be: fastboot flash boot boot.img
    3. After flashing the boot image, press the volume down button on the phone twice and you will see "recovery mode" at the top of the screen. Now press power button.
    4. When in recovery mode, if you see "no command" screen, Press and hold power button for 3 seconds and press volume up once and release all buttons.
    5. In the recovery, select "wipe data/factory reset". select "factory data reset" and press the power button.
    6. After that, from the menu, select "apply update from ADB".
    7. In the terminal/command prompt, use this command to install the ROM: adb sideload <rom_zip_filename>.zip
    8. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Copy the latest ROM zip in the platform tools folder and open the command prompt or terminal.
    2. Boot the device into recovery.
    3. When in recovery mode, if you see "no command" screen, Press and hold power button for 3 seconds and press volume up once and release all buttons.
    4. After that, from the menu, select "apply update from ADB".
    5. In the terminal/command prompt, use this command to install the ROM: adb sideload <rom_zip_filename>.zip
    4. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Download
    Donate to me! / Official Chat / Device Support

• Android OS version: 12
    • Security patch level: April 2022
    • Build author: Joey Huab

Contributors
    joeyhuab
    Source Code: https://github.com/Evolution-X
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/Spookcity/kernel_oneplus_sm8150

ROM OS Version: Android 12
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14
    Based On: AOSP

Personal thanks to all who have contributed to the development of the OP7 series devices. Including,but not limited to:

* @Hikari no Tenshi

* @OmkarTheAndroid

* @mauronofrio

* @PeterCxy

* @LuK1337

Changelog
    04-11-2022
    * Initial A12 release
    Initial impressions-
    1. Rom is fast. I think, other roms with Dora kernal start lagging after sometime. I hope Linux kernal is better. It seems to be better.
    2. Default launcher is pixel launcher which has zero customisations. Not even, changing grid size on home screen and app drawer.
    3. Netflix and Amazon prime don't support hd content because of L3 cache. I hope, it can be worked around.
    4. No camera app is included in rom. OnePlus camera would have been perfect. Camera app would have to be sideloaded.
    5. One big plus is that it supports face unlock. Other roms available currently don't support face unlock. Also, fingerprint unlock is very quick.
    6. Battery life also seems good. There is option for avoiding battery drain when phone is idle and it works very well.
    I did not include a camera app as we are not allowed to include OOS cam and most people seem to not like camera2. Just firgured this was the best way to go about it. Then people can just install their preferred app. I use Gcam Wichaya and it works well for me
    Initial impressions-
    1. Rom is fast. I think, other roms with Dora kernal start lagging after sometime. I hope Linux kernal is better. It seems to be better.
    2. Default launcher is pixel launcher which has zero customisations. Not even, changing grid size on home screen and app drawer.
    3. Netflix and Amazon prime don't support hd content because of L3 cache. I hope, it can be worked around.
    4. No camera app is included in rom. OnePlus camera would have been perfect. Camera app would have to be sideloaded.
    5. One big plus is that it supports face unlock. Other roms available currently don't support face unlock. Also, fingerprint unlock is very quick.
    6. Battery life also seems good. There is option for avoiding battery drain when phone is idle and it works very well.
    which app did you use for camera
    I use this and it works

Initial impressions-
    #2 If you want to change grid size touch & hold on home screen and choose Wallpaper & Style, scroll down and you have it. Pixel Launcher is better for me, because I like the authentic Pixel look, with new A12 style date and weather widget on home screen.
    #4 No camera app is a big bummer and it's very strange that we don't have a fully working GCam 8.4 mod for guacamoleb.