[ROM][12.1][OFFICIAL] Pixel Experience [AOSP] [15-04-2022]

Search This thread

milkog

Feb 2, 2020
I just did a dirty flash over the latest 11 release. Everything is fine! Great job, Solidv!

Last edited:

solidv

Jan 31, 2011
I just did a dirty flash over the latest 11 release. Everything is fine! Great job, Solidv!
NOTES (Read First):
- Twrp can´t decrypt data in android 12, so you need to install updates or magisk via adb sideload. If you remove pin lock in android you can install updates normally, because data can be decrypted.
- Do a clean install if your coming from PE11 or PE12 Alpha. Don´t update. And follow instructions from "Install".
- This firmware and vendor included in rom is specific to this rom, don´t try to use them in other roms.
- This twrp will probably only work with this vendor and firmware, don´t use in other roms.

Dvdp2

Nov 24, 2019
Xiaomi Mi 8 SE
Clean install coming from PE 12 Alpha. No issues whatsoever. Bluetooth: HD Audio is now working all the time, whereas during the Alpha I occasionally had to reconnect my headset.

Excited about trying out the Plus version whenever it comes out. This rom runs so smooth I feel like I have a brand new phone. Many thanks to the development team!

dbjungle

Jul 4, 2009
I really appreciate this ROM. Your work has made this phone easily outlast my Mi 9 SE that I sold a few months back. Hold power for Google Assistant works, but vol up + power to access the power menu doesn't work when it is enabled.

mostafiz80

Nov 25, 2014
after update from alpha to stable my apple airpods getting volume issue when i talking any app. can u fix it please. the alpha rom is ok for talking using Bluetooth but the stable volume is so low. please fix it next update.

Mar4e

Aug 28, 2014
after update from alpha to stable my apple airpods getting volume issue when i talking any app. can u fix it please. the alpha rom is ok for talking using Bluetooth but the stable volume is so low. please fix it next update.
Did you perform a clean install? Works perfectly well for me.

Djnhjmg11

Aug 27, 2021
hello, i'm in miui 10.2.1 android 8t what do i need to do to update this rom thanks .device is unlocked loader

lyc8503

Jan 13, 2022
Suzhou Jiangsu China
Thanks! This ROM works well just like the old Android 11 one.
A minor bug: double tap to wake up doesn't work
and there's no face recoginition. (maybe it will be included in 12 plus?)

Melni

Jan 23, 2022
First of all, thank you very much for your great job @solidv!!!.

I have tried version 24/12/21 and it runs really smooth and flawlesly. After installing it, I have the feeling that it is a totally brand new smartphone.

Personally, I had more problems installing GCAM rather than installing the new ROM. Finally, I decided to install version "MGC_6.1.021_MI8_V2e" because it works. "Version GCam_6.1.021_Advanced_V1.5.190418.1850" which is available in XDA forum, and which seems to be more complete, did not work for me. It got stacked at the launch of the app and I was not able to make it work.

Again, thank you for your fantastic support.

Tauoftv_ZY

Jan 30, 2022
There may be a bug where the mt manager opens for a few seconds and then the system gets stuck and restarts. Does this happen with your sirius?

skipper00123

Feb 13, 2014
Hi . After flashing everything's working fine . But when I want to start to recovery TWRP stuck at splash screen.. and nothing happens.. it just stuck there even if I leave it for a long time.. any tips?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Double tap to wake doesn't work after 3 seconds screen locked
    Yes, same problem bro.

Can u please post logs? i don´t have that bug

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for MI 8 SE

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
    WiFi
    Wifi Display
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    IR
    Lights
    Sound / vibration
    Audio
    Android Auto
    Selinux Enforced
    Encryption

Known issues
    You tell me...

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

Download

Donate
    Main PixelExperience Developer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

NOTES (Read First):
    - Twrp can´t decrypt data in android 12, so you need to install updates or magisk via adb sideload. If you remove pin lock in android you can install updates normally, because data can be decrypted.
    - Do a clean install if your coming from PE11 or PE12 Alpha. Don´t update. And follow instructions from "Install".
    - This firmware and vendor included in rom is specific to this rom, don´t try to use them in other roms.
    - This twrp will probably only work with this vendor and firmware, don´t use in other roms.

Install:
    1 - Flash rom (this is needed to install proper vendor and firmware)
    1 - Flash Recovery via adb (Download: Here)
    2 - Reboot recovery
    3 - Factory Reset and Format Data (backup sdcard before format)
    4 - reboot recovery
    5 - Flash ROM via adb sideload (Advanced -> ADB sideload)
    6 - reboot system

Update:
    1 - Reboot recovery
    2 - Advanced -> ADB sideload
    3 - Reboot system

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.9.309
    Based on: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Version: 2022-04-15
    Any solution for notifications hidden by notch?
    Will there be a Plus version?
    Performed an update from your latest pixel experience plus (October update). Bluetooth app kept crashing.

Performed a clean install. Bluetooth app crash gone. However, when using Bluetooth headset the music would stop after about 6 seconds and return to phone speaker. Device remained connected.

Disabled HD audio: AAC. Problem solved.

No further bugs to report. Amazing ROM from an amazing team. Thank you so much!