Development [ROM][12.1][OFFICIAL] PixelOS [AOSP][ALIOTH/ALIOTHIN][09/05/2022]

Search This thread

chancsy

Jun 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
PixelOS_alioth-12.1-20220509-0858

Wi-Fi on -> Turn on airplane mode -> Turn off airplane mode -> Wi-Fi does not turn on automatically.
I am on this ROM for the first time, please ignore if intended.

oasis1701

May 11, 2022
Xiaomi Poco F3
Yes, you can update without losing data, although It is recommended to do a backup previously in case anything goes wrong. Previously you could do it almost every time from the recovery decrypting the data and transferring it to a pc, but with android 12 there isn't any recovery capable of doing that (that I know of, if someone does please tell).
If that is a problem for you, you can always flash DFE to prevent encryption.
Talkback function is present, but I don't know how well it functions or if It has some king of bug in the ROM . There are a lot more accessibility options as well, I can send a screenshot if you want to or list them if you need to.
Thanks so much for your help, i am still waiting on my 160 hour requirement to unlock my phone so then i can install the custom rom.
I also had another question; Will I lose the function of press power button to unlock phone with pixelos? I've been searching around and it seems to be an miui only feature, but i could be wrong.

Reactions: Anderconsu

causeway

Feb 8, 2010
Thanks so much for your help, i am still waiting on my 160 hour requirement to unlock my phone so then i can install the custom rom.
I also had another question; Will I lose the function of press power button to unlock phone with pixelos? I've been searching around and it seems to be an miui only feature, but i could be wrong.
Yes, it unlocks with capacitive touch which is annoying for me, keep activating it in my pocket! Still better than miui.

BeanLord

May 15, 2022
Xiaomi Poco F3
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
I am on MIUI 13.0.2, can't get into recovery using "boot-alioth-20220427.img" or "boot-alioth-20220509.img."
Sideloaded PixelOS 20220509-0858 using "PixelExperience recovery 20220424-2314" and first boot failed (probably due to encryption?), after selecting Factory Reset -> Format Data from the error prompt it is booting into Android now but I can't unlock my SIM. I paused the attempt temporarily due to fear of SIM lockup.

Update: Upon re-entering recovery I noticed it has changed to pixelos' recovery now.
Update 2: Flashed PixelOS 20220509-0858 again and it is working now. I guess the steps are (until we know why we can't enter recovery):
1. bootloader/fastboot -> Flash PE recovery
2. recovery -> Sideload PixelOS
3. Boot -> Choose Factory Reset/Format Data
4. recovery -> Sideload PixelOS
That's really weird. I ended up using TWRP, I installed that, successfully flashed PixelOS, but now after flashing TWRP is gone and it's changed to PixelOS recovery. No idea why that happened, but I'm glad at least one recovery worked.
Sometimes when pressing the power button the phone will unlock even when not using an assigned fingerprint?
Never happened to me, check your google smartlock settings, if they're enabled your phone does not lock itself under certain circumstances (while you're in your home, for example). Maybe that's the reason?

lichnox

Sep 20, 2013
Screenshot_20220518-225551_Pixel Launcher~2.png
I don't know if it's a bug: the qs panel color stills black even when dark mode is off.

Last edited:

Promsd

Apr 20, 2010
Hi all and @cristianvaz .
I installed the May 9th build and fw 13.0.0.3 global and am having issues with the proximity sensor. when I make calls in Telegram app, my screen does not turn off. any ideas how to fix this? thanks.

Last edited:

sambath81

May 19, 2022
Hi @cristianvaz,

Thank you for the effort on this custom ROM.

Are you aware of the issue with Microsoft Intune Company Portal / Work profile not working with PixelOS for Poco F3 ? It says the device is not compliant even if the security checks have passed in system settings ( Google Play System Update shows green tick but says Update from with blank date )..

Thanks.

Last edited:

chancsy

Jun 18, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Some apps having issue recognizing wifi status after reconnecting. I'm on 20220509-0858.

Case 1: Whatsapp data restore process does not resume when wifi becomes available, when "resume" is clicked, it complains about wifi not available.

Case 2: Syncthing job with WiFi whitelist settings paused after some time complaining WiFi is not white listed. Same app version is working fine on another Android 12.1 phone with different custom ROM with same network and unrestricted battery usage permission.

In both cases, when wifi is manually toggled off then on again apps are able to resume normally.

brainscann

Mar 8, 2015
Hello, does anyone else have the problem with Netflix error 5.10 when playing videos?
Error display comes every 5-10 min.
I am unroot.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    photo_2022-04-28_09-43-31.jpg

PixelOS is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, themed icons, google sans fonts, Monet color based system wide theming, boot animation), a fork of OG Pixel Experience with improvements on the top of it. Huge respect to Pixel Experience team for their work, thanks to them for making this ROM possible.
    In short a fully functional Pixel Experience with just the right amount of essentials.

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Improvements over PixelExperience
    Performance improvements from ProtonAOSP
    Adopted screenshot sounds to ringer mode
    3-finger swipe to capture screenshots
    Double tap to sleep on lockscreen and status bar
    Added Screen Recording Customizations
    Added Advanced Reboot
    Allow disabling Screenshot Sounds
    Added Bluetooth headset battery indicator
    Spoofed as Pixel XL for Google Photos for unlimited backup in original quality
    Added themed icons for a lot of third party icons in stock Pixel launcher
    Added monet in power menu
    Exposed legacy WiFi and Cellular data QS tiles
    Added bluetooth battery level indicator on status bar
    Added NFC tile in QS for supported devices
    Added double tap/long press power button to toggle torch
    Reduced log spam verbosity
    A lot of under the hood UI fixes and improvements

Device Specific Issues:
    Tell me

Requirements
    • Latest Global Stable Android 11 firmware for alioth.

Downloads
    Get the latest PixelOS Build for alioth Download
    Firmware https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/firmware/alioth/
    Magisk (optional) https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases

Recovery OrangeFox https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=331017
    PixelOS Recovery https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelos-releases/files/twelve/alioth/recovery/

Note: GApps are included, don't flash separately.

Notes
    • Encryption is enabled by default
    • SELinux is enforcing
    • Safetynet passed by default

PixelOS Recovery is recommended if you want to stay encrypted, no custom recovery supports encryption on Android12, i.e. you won't be able to decrypt your data.
    Flashing Instructions
    Clean flash (coming from a different ROM):

• Download ROM from the link above
    • Download Magisk v23.0 or newer (optionally)
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Format data (if encrypted)
    • Flash ROM zip
    • Reboot and voila!
    • To get root access, reboot to recovery after ROM setup and flash magisk.

Updating to a newer build (dirty flash):
    • Flash ROM zip and magisk (optional)
    • Reboot and voila!

Join our Telegram Group https://t.me/PixelOSChat
    Alioth support group: cristianvazsupport
    Buy me a Coffee https://paypal.me/cristianvaz

Source Code
    PixelOS http://github.com/PixelOS-Pixelish
    Device Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/device_xiaomi_alioth
    Kernel Tree https://github.com/EmanuelCN/kernel_xiaomi_sm8250

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Stable Release Date: 09 May 2022
    Latest Release Date: 09 May 2022
    DEVICE CHANGELOG

# 27-Apr-2022
    - Update PowerProfiles to Android 12.1
    - Update to last N0kernel Beta
    - Update corner radius from stock
    - Align side fps ripple animation
    - Fix Video Calling
    - Some QTI Bluetooth fixes and improvements
    - Fix Mifare nfc
    - Fix AOD animation with Deep sleep
    - New High Polling Rate implementation (source side)
    - Implemented LiveDisplay and HBM
    - Ram improvements

# 09-Apr-2022
    - Rebased LOS 19.1 trees
    - Change to n0kernel
    - Updated vendor to MIUI 13.0.2
    - Audio configurations from MIUI 13
    - AOD auto brightness
    - Improved thermal profiles and refresh rate per app listview
    - QTI Bluetooth
    - Deep sleep on AOD
    - Implemented Smooth Display

# 14-Mar-2022
    - Change to new trees (base LOS)
    - Change to Arrow Kernel
    - Doze settings
    - HOS Display calibration and HDR props
    - Thermal profiles and QS Tile
    - Clear speaker
    - Refresh rate QS Tile
    - More optimizations

# 11-Feb-2022
    - Improved night display temperature
    - Implement quicktap
    - Fix statusbar burn in protection
    - Improved ui smoothness
    - Some audio changes
    - Implement IORap
    - ART optimization
    - Imported rounded corners overlays from gourami
    - And more fixes and improvements under the hood

# 16-Jan-2022
    - Updated Optimus kernel to v11.32
    - Show refresh rate controls
    - Fixed error alioth,aliothin using prebuilt recovery
    - Align fp indicator with power button
    - Display correct charging speed
    - Allow all filesystems for USB-OTG
    - WiFi improvements
    - Audio improvements
    - Imported some blobs and config from MIUI 13
    PixelOS 12.1 update ready and post edited with changelogs!!

Enjoy
    So, though I do not like MIUI... at all... I thought I had nothing to lose trying to use the batch script to load the xiaomi.eu ROM. It's a 4GB file but it didn't take too long and I extracted it, booted the phone to fastboot and ran the windows batch script. It seems to have worked, so I have a functional OS again. So I'm kind of back at the start. Can someone point me to an IDIOT proof installation How To for Pixel OS?
    1. download PixelOS -> https://pixelos.vercel.app/download/alioth
    2. download PixelOS Recovery -> https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelos-releases/files/twelve/alioth/recovery/
    3. download Android SDK Platform-Tools -> https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
    4. unzip platform-tools_r??.0.0-windows.zip and copy PixelOS_alioth-12.0-2022???-????.zip and boot-alioth-2022????.img inside the unzipped folder (in the same folder where adb.exe and fastboot.exe are)
    5. power off phone and power on with power + volume down (going to fastboot)
    6. plug the phone to your computer and check if the phone is recognized: run from terminal (from the platform-tools folder) "fastboot devices" (you should see a device listed)
    7. run "fastboot flash boot boot-alioth-2022????.img" and after some seconds you should get a finished message, then unplug the phone from the computer
    8. reboot the phone in recovery mode ( power + volume up )
    9. do a "Factory reset" -> "Format data/factory reset" (you will loose all data, so do a backup before)
    10. go to main screen of recovery mode and select "Apply update" -> "Apply from ADB". Plug the cable to the computer
    11. run from the terminal "adb sideload PixelOS_alioth-12.0-2022???-????.zip" and wait the process to finish (reaching 100% from terminal - and Step 1/2 / Step 2/2 on the phone). Unplug the phone from the computer
    12. go to main screen of recovery mode and select "Reboot system now"
    You will lose TWRP (but at this time TWRP is not working with Android 12 encryption, so better use PixelOS Recovery. It'll support also OTA update).
    You need to have also the bootloader unlocked.

Edited: fixed the command "fastboot flash boot boot-alioth-2022????.img" adding the missing the "boot" option.
    Rom and changelogs updated!! enjoy