- Jan 8, 2021
PixelOS is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, themed icons, google sans fonts, Monet color based system wide theming, boot animation), a fork of OG Pixel Experience with improvements on the top of it. Huge respect to Pixel Experience team for their work, thanks to them for making this ROM possible.
In short a fully functional Pixel Experience with just the right amount of essentials.
/* Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Improvements over PixelExperience
Device Specific Issues:
• Take note that this a BETA release so you may encounter bugs
• Must be on RealmeUI Firmware, C.67 or higher
Get the latest PixelOS Build for Download
Magisk (optional) https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
Note: GApps are included, don't flash separately.
• Encryption is enabled by default
• SELinux is enforcing
• I don't recommend changing to other kernels because I have switched to vbswap from zram. Changing kernel will kill swap
Clean flash (coming from a different ROM):
• Download ROM from the link above
• Download Magisk v23.0 or newer (optionally)
• Flash PBRP
• Reboot to recovery
• Flash the rom zip
• Format Data
• Flash VBmeta_disabler.zip
• Reboot and voila!
• To get root access, reboot to recovery after ROM setup and flash magisk.
Updating to a newer build (dirty flash):
• Flash ROM zip and magisk (optional)
• Wipe cache and dalvik (optional, recommended)
• Reboot and voila!
• If rom loops to recovery, flash VBmeta_disabler.zip and reboot
For Realme 5i users:
• Follow this guide here https://t.me/RealmemeCloud/513
Here's a detailed guide if anyone needs:
Join our Telegram Group https://t.me/PixelOSChat
Buy me a Coffee https://paypal.me/whyredfire
Device Tree and Vendor Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/device_realme_r5x
Kernel Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/kernel_realme_r5x
ROM OS Version: Android 12.1.
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.x
Stable Release Date: 11 June 2022