[ROM][12.1][OFFICIAL] PixelOS [AOSP][STABLE][02/04/2022] [RMX2020]

Search This thread

Radheykalra

Feb 13, 2019
Realme C3
Hace you tried using the different bluetooth codecs / settings favoring bitrate under developer settings? Also the AVRCP version?
It's all greyed out, i was using Poweramp hd-audio output for flacs and trust me it made a big difference in sound quality,yes I had like 900ms deley but it was worth the quality i was getting, and now it doesn't work

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220629-083159_Poweramp.png
    Screenshot_20220629-083159_Poweramp.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot_20220629-082936_Poweramp.png
    Screenshot_20220629-082936_Poweramp.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20220629-082825_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220629-082825_Settings.png
    137.7 KB · Views: 51

jacoghi

Sep 24, 2012
Mirabel
It's all greyed out, i was using Poweramp hd-audio output for flacs and trust me it made a big difference in sound quality,yes I had like 900ms deley but it was worth the quality i was getting, and now it doesn't work
Then it's probably an issue with the btstack being built or some proprietary files missing from the current build.

n1v3kjzv

Dec 5, 2016
Ended with ERROR: 1

Can you guys provide checksums sha1? sha256? I think the zip its corrupted, even tho it opens on 7zip.
Other roms works like for example ArrowOS but PixelOS its not working for me, and before ERROR 1 it tried to install but with multiple errors at the console, I didnt copied them.

n1v3kjzv

Dec 5, 2016
Ended with ERROR: 1

Can you guys provide checksums sha1? sha256? I think the zip its corrupted, even tho it opens on 7zip.
Other roms works like for example ArrowOS but PixelOS its not working for me, and before ERROR 1 it tried to install but with multiple errors at the console, I didnt copied them.
Never mind with the checksum, found it on sourceforge, the download is fine, so I dont know what Im doing wrong, can you guys provide steps to proper install this? those steps from the website and here are not proper for a newbie, also currently running ArrowOS, reading the thread seams I have to go back to stock rom, That one is downloadable from Realme's website? is the one that weights around 3gb and extension ozip?

n1v3kjzv

Dec 5, 2016
Never mind with the checksum, found it on sourceforge, the download is fine, so I dont know what Im doing wrong, can you guys provide steps to proper install this? those steps from the website and here are not proper for a newbie, also currently running ArrowOS, reading the thread seams I have to go back to stock rom, That one is downloadable from Realme's website? is the one that weights around 3gb and extension ozip?
So I manage to install the rom, you need to install their recovery other recovery doesnt work with the rom, so install their recovery then install rom.

yasirkhan11

Feb 23, 2021
I appreciate this hard work everything works like it is stock ROM. But please could you update the widevine certificate to L1 in this ROM?

jacoghi

Sep 24, 2012
Mirabel
I appreciate this hard work everything works like it is stock ROM. But please could you update the widevine certificate to L1 in this ROM?
You can't simply add a certificate that doesn't exist. This device originally was not certified, so a random certificate cannot be added like that.

@sarthakroy2002, just a heads up, there's some sort of kernel panic that takes place when connecting to a hot-spot connection hosted by an iPhone, it's 100% reproducible and makes the device crash completely. I'll grab some logs tomorrow or this weekend if possible to help you debug the issue. Thanks anyways for the great work man,
PS, what happened to pixel os website? Is it down?

Last edited:

jacoghi

Sep 24, 2012
Mirabel
@sarthakroy2002 , here are the crash logs. A very easy way to make it crash is being connected to a Wifi, then changing the connection straight to an iphone adhoc connection. Seems to be a bug in the wlan driver, but I couldn't check it thoroughly at this moment. Can't test with an android adhoc since I don't have two Androids. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• crashRMX2020.tar.xz
    279.4 KB · Views: 6
@sarthakroy2002 , here are the crash logs. A very easy way to make it crash is being connected to a Wifi, then changing the connection straight to an iphone adhoc connection. Seems to be a bug in the wlan driver, but I couldn't check it thoroughly at this moment. Can't test with an android adhoc since I don't have two Androids. Hope it helps.
Thanks very much for the logs ... Will check and fix it asap.

jacoghi

Sep 24, 2012
Mirabel
I'm using an iPhone 11, it doesn't have the maximize compatibility toggle. I'll see if somebody at work has a newer model and try it out this week if possible. But if the realme c3 doesn't have 5 GHz, should that make any difference in our case? Thanks again, man,

UtmostMick0

Sep 6, 2010
Rockingham
Dude I like the ROM, asked a question in the telegram group this morning and got banned, like wtf, toxic community much?

You are clearly a talented dev so I'll ask here, the gyro is kind of flakey and the touchscreen responsiveness isn't as good as stock, also AR+ doesn't work in pokemon go, any fixes? Or do I go look at it myself?

Sorry if that sounds rude but whoever is the mod on telegram pissed me off.

Keep up the great work, much respect

Sourya Roy

Sep 23, 2022
latest.png

PixelOS is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, themed icons, google sans fonts, Monet color based system wide theming, boot animation), a fork of OG Pixel Experience with improvements on the top of it. Huge respect to Pixel Experience team for their work, thanks to them for making this ROM possible.
In short a fully functional Pixel Experience with just the right amount of essentials.

Code:
/* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Improvements over PixelExperience
Performance improvements from ProtonAOSP
Reduced log spam verbosity
Android 12 style 4G/LTE icons
Add/remove QS with one click
Increased UI responsiveness
Optimized Night Light
Per app network restrictions
Annoying notifications
Three-fingers-swipe to screenshot
Double tap to sleep on lockscreen
Double tap to sleep on statusbar
Volume key music control
Extended Monet implementation to more UI elements
Simple RGB color balance transform sliders
More font size in 5% steps from 80% to 130%
First-class implementation of Repainter app
Under the hood optimizations

Requirements
Realme UI 1.0 FW

Downloads
Get the latest PixelOS Build for RMX2020 Download
Magisk (optional) https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
Recovery https://pitchblackrecovery.com/rmx2020/
PixelOS Recovery https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelos-releases/files/twelve/RMX2020/recovery/

Note: GApps are included, don't flash separately.

Notes
• Encryption is enabled by default
• SELinux is enforcing
• (?) Supports Realme UI 1.0 fw only
• (?) NEOLIT Kernel included

PixelOS Recovery is recommended if you want to stay encrypted, no custom recovery supports encryption on Android12, i.e. you won't be able to decrypt your data.
Flashing Instructions
Clean flash (coming from a different ROM):

• Download ROM from the link above
• Download Magisk v23.0 or newer (optionally)
• Reboot to recovery
• Format data
• Flash ROM zip
• Reboot and voila!
• To get root access, reboot to recovery after ROM setup and flash magisk.

Updating to a newer build (dirty flash):
• Flash ROM zip and magisk (optional)
• Wipe cache and dalvik (optional, recommended)
• Reboot and voila!

Join our Telegram Group https://t.me/PixelOSChat

Source Code
PixelOS http://github.com/PixelOS-Pixelish
Device Tree and Vendor Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices
Kernel Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/kernel_realme_RMX2020

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1.
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.x
Stable Release Date: 04 April 2022
Latest Release Date: 04 April 2022
How will I revert back to Realme UI 1 being in Realme UI 2?