PixelOS is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, themed icons, google sans fonts, Monet color based system wide theming, boot animation), a fork of OG Pixel Experience with improvements on the top of it. Huge respect to Pixel Experience team for their work, thanks to them for making this ROM possible.
In short a fully functional Pixel Experience with just the right amount of essentials.
/* Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
Improvements over PixelExperience
Device Specific Issues:
- No serious device specific bugs has been found yet. If found, please let us know.
- Required to be using latest MIUI13 A12 firmware of respective region
Get the latest PixelOS Build for gauguin Download
Magisk (optional) https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
OrangeFox Recovery https://orangefox.download/device/gauguin
PixelOS Recovery https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelos-releases/files/twelve/gauguin/recovery/
Note: GApps are included, don't flash separately.
• Encryption is enabled by default
• SELinux is enforcing
PixelOS Recovery is recommended if you want to stay encrypted, no custom recovery supports encryption on Android12, i.e. you won't be able to decrypt your data.
Clean flash (coming from a different ROM):
• Download ROM from the link above
• Download Magisk v23.0 or newer (optionally)
• Reboot to recovery
• Format data (if encrypted)
• Wipe cache, dalvik, data
• Flash latest android 12 stable firmware of own respective region (link above)
• Flash ROM zip
• Reboot and voila!
• To get root access, reboot to recovery after ROM setup and flash magisk.
Updating to a newer build (dirty flash):
• Flash ROM zip and magisk (optional)
• Wipe cache and dalvik (optional, recommended)
• Reboot and voila!
Join our Telegram Group https://t.me/PixelOSChat
Device Tree and Vendor Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices
Kernel Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_gauguin
ROM OS Version: Android 12.1.
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.19.x
Stable Release Date: 16 July 2022
Latest Release Date: 16 July 2022