Development [ROM][12.1][OFFICIAL] PixelOS [AOSP][STABLE][13/05/2022]

Did you like this project?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Search This thread

whyredFire

pixelos-shinobu.png

PixelOS is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, themed icons, google sans fonts, Monet color based system wide theming, boot animation), a fork of OG Pixel Experience with improvements on the top of it. Huge respect to Pixel Experience team for their work, thanks to them for making this ROM possible.
In short a fully functional Pixel Experience with just the right amount of essentials.

Code:
/* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

Improvements over PixelExperience

Device Specific Issues:
• So far, everything is working
• Permissive SELinux

Downloads
Get the latest PixelOS Build for Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE Download
Firmware https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelos-releases/files/twelve/lisa/firmware/
Magisk (optional) https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
PixelOS Recovery https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelos-releases/files/twelve/lisa/recovery/

Note: GApps are included, don't flash separately.

Notes
• Encryption is enabled by default

PixelOS Recovery is recommended if you want to stay encrypted, no custom recovery supports encryption on Android12, i.e. you won't be able to decrypt your data.

Flashing Instructions
Clean flash (coming from a different ROM):

• Reboot to bootloader (fastboot)
• Connect phone to PC
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot reboot recovery
• Select Wipe data/factory reset & confirm
• Go back and select Apply update from ADB
adb sideload PixelOS*.zip
• Flash latest firmware from the link above
adb sideload fw_lisa*.zip
• After installation complete, Reboot system.

Dirty Flash (updating from previous PixelOS ROM):
• Reboot to recovery
• Apply update from ADB
adb sideload fw_lisa*.zip (only if there's a firmware update)

Detailed Instructions

Join our Telegram Group https://t.me/PixelOSChat
Buy me a Coffee https://paypal.me/whyredfire
UPI: [email protected]

Contributors
@SugaCRX @whyredFire

Source Code
PixelOS
http://github.com/PixelOS-Pixelish
Device Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/device_xiaomi_lisa
Kernel Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_lisa

ROM OS Version: Android 12.
ROM Kernel: Linux 5.4.x
Stable Release Date: 23 January 2022
Latest Release Date: 13 May 2022

Last edited:

kataali

Jun 30, 2017
Xiaomi Poco F1
One silly question: since you mentioned PixelOS is based of Pixel Experience, how is there a PixelOS version for this device if it's not supported by PE? Did you just have a pre-existing PixelOS GSI to build off of?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PixelOS Update! (13/05/2022)

Dirty flash works, just sideload or flash from sdcard.
    OTA Update wasn't pushed due to some internal issues.

Changelogs:
    - Updated display stack from LA.UM.9.14.r1-19300.01-LAHAINA.QSSI12.0
    - Added support for Dolby Vision
    - Updated adreno drivers to V615
    - Switched back to QTI Perf from libperfmgr
    - Updated media configs from MIUI 13.0.4 Global
    - Addressed a bunch of denials
    - Charging speed and temp management should be better now
    - Fixed fingerprint location indicator
    - Fine tuned autobrightness ramp rates
    - Imported few missing blobs
    - Enabled QCRIL radio power saving
    - More misc improvements
    - tl;dr better battery, performance and less heat

- Merged May Security Patch
    - Added expanded volume panel
    - Added quick settings tile for Auto brightness
    - Updated the caffeine quick settings tile icon from AOSPA
    - Update package details to match S style
    - Fixed an issue where battery percentage would refresh while accessing app drawer on white theme
    - Miscellaneous changes and fixes

Flashing instructions are in first post of the same thread.

Recommended Gcams:
    > MTSL
    > Shamim
    Just flashed the newest PixelOS on my 11 Lite 5G NE a couple of days ago coming from MIUI 12.5.8 (rollback from MIUI 13.05).

And even if I've never really had any experience with other roms, as this was the first time actually flashing a custom rom, I can still say it really brought the phones performance out compared to MIUI 13. Though there are still things that didn't work with PixelOS, some of which are:

* the screen time feature doesn't work all of the time. It just started counting even though I've had this rom installed for a few days.

* The Battery usage graph are either completely off, or sometimes just hours behind the actual time.

* The camera app crashing got a work-around by installing gcam, but it seems like I cant import the custom .xml files with those apks.

* Screen Brightness is all over the place. Either not reacting at all, or going max brightness in a completely dark room. Tried to watch some YouTube last night, when the brightness gradually began going up. Had to turn of auto brightness.

* Battery life is greatly improved over MIUI, but sometimes it still likes to chew through 5-10% of battery while idle. Battery usage works great when you actually use the phone for stuff.

* Gcam EIS doesn't work at all. Enabling it doesn't do anything I terms of stability. Though this might get fixed when the stock camera app works(?).

Other than these minor bugs, its actually a pretty stable and good rom! I had some issues at first when flashing, were it couldn't read the .zip file, but it was fixed by using a custom ADB and Fastboot tool.

EDIT, A few days of usage:

So a few more days have gone past since I first flashed this Rom, and I got a bit more information on how it performs as a daily driver.

The important stuff first: Battery Life.. I previously stated that the battery life was pretty decent with this rom, with a few moments here and there were it would just chew through the battery. Well it seems like its becoming a bit more often than previously. Woke up this morning with 100% battery, went downstairs to eat breakfast and meanwhile watched a few YouTube videos at maybe 1/3 of the screen brightness. After 10-15 mins of watching YouTube, I had roughly 89% left.

Went to lay down in my couch and continued to watch YouTube at roughly the same brightness. After 30 mins of YouTube I somehow still had like 85% left. How come it first chews through 11% in 10-15 mins, and then barely 4% over 30 mins?

The same stuff happens sometimes when listening on Spotify. It can be like 3% over 30 mins OR 10% over 25 mins.

In Short: Battery life is all over the place for me. But its still a pretty decent upgrade from MIUI.

Now to some other stuff: Fluidity, Usability and Stability.

While this rom first seemed to be almost perfect when it came to those 3 things, I've now come across numerous things that drags it down in those aspects. While viewing open apps in the background, it sometimes doesn't work as intended and I instead just get the app I had open, and nothing more. No option to close it, No other background apps visible etc. I had to go back into the app and then swipe up for it to work as it should. Will try and get a screenshot of this happening next time.

And Lastly Stability and Usability.. I've seen previous comments on here stating that the phone would reboot randomly every 1-3 days. And I can confirm that my phone has in fact randomly rebooted while I was using it. However I'm not entirely sure it did actually reboot. I was using when the screen suddenly went black. Took about 1-2 sec before the google logo came up (the usual boot animation). After ~3 sec it booted into Android and I had to unlock my SIM and phone. So did it seriously do a whole reboot of the system in under 6 seconds?

Doubt it actually did, but its still a flaw since it closed every app I had open, and if you for example was writing some important mail or something, it most likely wouldn't be saved and you would need to start over.
    NOTE that this has only happened to me ONCE so its not that big of a problem.

Even though I've encountered these stuff I'm still happy with the rom. Its still a great and new experience for me compared to MIUI. I still got some stuff that I miss from MIUI, such as individual-app-volume controls. But its still a work-in-progress rom, so these bugs are not really a surprise, and hopefully it'll become more stable with each update that comes.
    Just flashed the newest PixelOS on my 11 Lite 5G NE a couple of days ago coming from MIUI 12.5.8 (rollback from MIUI 13.05).

And even if I've never really had any experience with other roms, as this was the first time actually flashing a custom rom, I can still say it really brought the phones performance out compared to MIUI 13. Though there are still things that didn't work with PixelOS, some of which are:

* the screen time feature doesn't work all of the time. It just started counting even though I've had this rom installed for a few days.

* The Battery usage graph are either completely off, or sometimes just hours behind the actual time.

* The camera app crashing got a work-around by installing gcam, but it seems like I cant import the custom .xml files with those apks.

* Screen Brightness is all over the place. Either not reacting at all, or going max brightness in a completely dark room. Tried to watch some YouTube last night, when the brightness gradually began going up. Had to turn of auto brightness.

* Battery life is greatly improved over MIUI, but sometimes it still likes to chew through 5-10% of battery while idle. Battery usage works great when you actually use the phone for stuff.

* Gcam EIS doesn't work at all. Enabling it doesn't do anything I terms of stability. Though this might get fixed when the stock camera app works(?).

Other than these minor bugs, its actually a pretty stable and good rom! I had some issues at first when flashing, were it couldn't read the .zip file, but it was fixed by using a custom ADB and Fastboot tool.

EDIT, A few days of usage:

So a few more days have gone past since I first flashed this Rom, and I got a bit more information on how it performs as a daily driver.

The important stuff first: Battery Life.. I previously stated that the battery life was pretty decent with this rom, with a few moments here and there were it would just chew through the battery. Well it seems like its becoming a bit more often than previously. Woke up this morning with 100% battery, went downstairs to eat breakfast and meanwhile watched a few YouTube videos at maybe 1/3 of the screen brightness. After 10-15 mins of watching YouTube, I had roughly 89% left.

Went to lay down in my couch and continued to watch YouTube at roughly the same brightness. After 30 mins of YouTube I somehow still had like 85% left. How come it first chews through 11% in 10-15 mins, and then barely 4% over 30 mins?

The same stuff happens sometimes when listening on Spotify. It can be like 3% over 30 mins OR 10% over 25 mins.

In Short: Battery life is all over the place for me. But its still a pretty decent upgrade from MIUI.

Now to some other stuff: Fluidity, Usability and Stability.

While this rom first seemed to be almost perfect when it came to those 3 things, I've now come across numerous things that drags it down in those aspects. While viewing open apps in the background, it sometimes doesn't work as intended and I instead just get the app I had open, and nothing more. No option to close it, No other background apps visible etc. I had to go back into the app and then swipe up for it to work as it should. Will try and get a screenshot of this happening next time.

And Lastly Stability and Usability.. I've seen previous comments on here stating that the phone would reboot randomly every 1-3 days. And I can confirm that my phone has in fact randomly rebooted while I was using it. However I'm not entirely sure it did actually reboot. I was using when the screen suddenly went black. Took about 1-2 sec before the google logo came up (the usual boot animation). After ~3 sec it booted into Android and I had to unlock my SIM and phone. So did it seriously do a whole reboot of the system in under 6 seconds?

Doubt it actually did, but its still a flaw since it closed every app I had open, and if you for example was writing some important mail or something, it most likely wouldn't be saved and you would need to start over.
    NOTE that this has only happened to me ONCE so its not that big of a problem.

Even though I've encountered these stuff I'm still happy with the rom. Its still a great and new experience for me compared to MIUI. I still got some stuff that I miss from MIUI, such as individual-app-volume controls. But its still a work-in-progress rom, so these bugs are not really a surprise, and hopefully it'll become more stable with each update that comes.
    I'm not sure about the battery bug you're facing, because its very fine in my personal usage over the past few months.

Camera crash has been completely fixed and all the camera apks are working fine now. About the reboots, its just a surfaceflinger crash which might look like a partial reboot as it falls back to bootanimation when it happens, the issue has been fixed.

While we do have a bunch of fixes and new features for the upcoming update, it'll be in a week.
    It looks like EIS works when recording video (the preview is stabilized) but the recorded footage actually is not stabilized at all. No wonder my videos look shaky when I play them back :)

All the camera related issues has been completely fixed, MIUI camera port is coming soon by some other developer (please don't ask me when) and will be fully compatible with the upcoming update of PixelOS.
    Do we have any update on the MIUI camera port? Is there any progress?
    pixelos-shinobu.png

PixelOS is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, themed icons, google sans fonts, Monet color based system wide theming, boot animation), a fork of OG Pixel Experience with improvements on the top of it. Huge respect to Pixel Experience team for their work, thanks to them for making this ROM possible.
    In short a fully functional Pixel Experience with just the right amount of essentials.

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Improvements over PixelExperience

Device Specific Issues:
    • So far, everything is working
    • Permissive SELinux

Downloads
    Get the latest PixelOS Build for Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE Download
    Firmware https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelos-releases/files/twelve/lisa/firmware/
    Magisk (optional) https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
    PixelOS Recovery https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelos-releases/files/twelve/lisa/recovery/

Note: GApps are included, don't flash separately.

Notes
    • Encryption is enabled by default

PixelOS Recovery is recommended if you want to stay encrypted, no custom recovery supports encryption on Android12, i.e. you won't be able to decrypt your data.

Flashing Instructions
    Clean flash (coming from a different ROM):

• Reboot to bootloader (fastboot)
    • Connect phone to PC
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot reboot recovery
    • Select Wipe data/factory reset & confirm
    • Go back and select Apply update from ADB
    • Flash latest firmware from the link above
    adb sideload fw_lisa*.zip

Dirty Flash (updating from previous PixelOS ROM):
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Apply update from ADB
    adb sideload fw_lisa*.zip (only if there's a firmware update)

Detailed Instructions

Join our Telegram Group https://t.me/PixelOSChat
    Buy me a Coffee https://paypal.me/whyredfire
    UPI: [email protected]

Contributors
    @SugaCRX @whyredFire

Source Code
    PixelOS
    http://github.com/PixelOS-Pixelish
    Device Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/device_xiaomi_lisa
    Kernel Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_lisa

ROM OS Version: Android 12.
    ROM Kernel: Linux 5.4.x
    Stable Release Date: 23 January 2022
    Latest Release Date: 13 May 2022
    Will this get further updates?
    yes sir, working on one
    It's not modded in any sort, the sources used by PE or most other roms are open source and anyone can fork them and modify them according to their requirements, that's exactly what I did. This is not a GSI/ ported rom, it has been properly compiled from the sources.
    After struggIing a little bit I've finally done it. I didn't have any knowledge about any of it before doing this. So here is a more detailed info:

- Assuming you unlocked your bootloader. If you didn't, first you need to unlock it: Bootloader Unlocking Guide

- Then you need to download latest Android Platform Tools.

- After exctracting it, move it to the main "C:" folder.

- Download Recovery (boot.img) and move it to the same folder that we copied to "C:"

- Download ROM and don't exctract it or rename it. Also move it to the same folder.

- Download Mi Flash Tool. After downloading it, open the program and select the driver tab and install it.

- Activate the Developer Options in your phone by Settings > About Phone > Tap on MIUI Number 7 times.

- Search "Developer Options" in the settings and open it. There is "Usb Debugging" option. Enable it.

- Connect your phone to the PC. And choose the File Transfer Mode from your phone's notifications.

- Turn off your phone. After that press the Volume down + Power button together a few seconds until you see it enter into the Fastboot mode.

- Open Platform Tools folder that we moved in to the "C:" and type "cmd" into the windows explorer's folder direction bar and press enter.

- Type "adb devices" in to the command prompt that opened. (If it didn't recognise the command type ".\adb devices" and use ".\" before any command I give after this.)

- Type "fastboot devices". You should see your device. If it didn't then check drivers or install drivers again from Mi Flash Tool. If you can't see your device in the device manager(Windows) then you probably using diffrent usb-c cable. Try using original one. If it still didn't solve the problem, try diffrent pc or usb output.

- Type "fastboot flash boot boot.img". You should see it installing.

- Type "fastboot reboot recovery". You should see your phone entering into the recovery mode. If it didn't, press Power button few seconds until it shot down. Then press Volume Up + Power button few seconds until you see it entering into the recovery mode.

- By using Volume Up and Down and Power Buttons you can navigate the recovery menu from your phone. So select "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and confirm.

- After that go back to the main menu and select "Apply update".

- Open command prompt from your pc again if you closed it and type "adb sideload PixelOS_lisa-12.0-20220122-1511.zip" (ROM file should be named this. If your file's name is diffrent, type that instead.)

- It should start installing. If it didn't and said cannot read the file then you should try this: Large Adress Aware Program

- After installing navigate trough recovery menu again and select "Reboot System".

- It's Done!!!

Btw it's working flawless until now. It's a fresh breath of air after MIUI. One thing that bothers me is the stock Camera app. Of course you can install Gcam but that one doesn't change colors with the theme so that bugs me a little. And I am curious about updates. Firstly how to know when there is an uptade available and also do I need to flash update also or there is an OTA update?
    Thanks a lot for this guide, I'll link it to the main post.
    Regarding updates, it'll be monthly and OTA Updater will be shipped with February update which is coming before this week ends. We're also shipping a GCam mod by default in the same update.
    PixelOS Update! (13/05/2022)

Dirty flash works, just sideload or flash from sdcard.
    OTA Update wasn't pushed due to some internal issues.

Changelogs:
    - Updated display stack from LA.UM.9.14.r1-19300.01-LAHAINA.QSSI12.0
    - Added support for Dolby Vision
    - Updated adreno drivers to V615
    - Switched back to QTI Perf from libperfmgr
    - Updated media configs from MIUI 13.0.4 Global
    - Addressed a bunch of denials
    - Charging speed and temp management should be better now
    - Fixed fingerprint location indicator
    - Fine tuned autobrightness ramp rates
    - Imported few missing blobs
    - Enabled QCRIL radio power saving
    - More misc improvements
    - tl;dr better battery, performance and less heat

- Merged May Security Patch
    - Added expanded volume panel
    - Added quick settings tile for Auto brightness
    - Updated the caffeine quick settings tile icon from AOSPA
    - Update package details to match S style
    - Fixed an issue where battery percentage would refresh while accessing app drawer on white theme
    - Miscellaneous changes and fixes

Flashing instructions are in first post of the same thread.

Recommended Gcams:
    > MTSL
    > Shamim