Did you like this project?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Search This thread

Rethew

Jan 27, 2016
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE
Is this the current that everyone else is getting on average? I still feel like it's definitely charging slower than on MIUI.

Screenshot_20220521-194132_Ampere~2.png

whyredFire

Does anyone else have the issue that the swipe bottom up gesture often times doesn't work and the recents page bugs out as described here https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/device_xiaomi_lisa/issues/4

Can we expect a fix on the next build, @whyredFire?

Also, still doesn't seem to be charging at the full 33W.
Yep, i got the same issue here. Swipe gesture seems to only register half a swipe and then just gets stuck. Though ive not experienced any type of charging problem.
This bug was introduced in April Security Patch from google, all the pixel devices running Android 12.1 have it too. It indeed is quite annoying, I'm waiting for google to push a fix for that with June Security Patch.

About fast charging, it charges at ~6000mA for me at peak, then gets slower as battery temperature rises which is expected behavior. Fast charging would only work with original charging brick from the box (or 33 watts chargers from xiaomi's official stores) as it communicates with the device, I also do recommend using the original charging cable supplied in the box.

Rim13

Sep 19, 2012
Omsk
Has anyone already tested new ofox recovery? In the changelog they write that they added support for AOSP.

#Orangefox #OF #Unofficial #Recovery #Lisa
Orangefox Recovery R11.1 - UNOFFICIAL
Updated: 22/05/2022

▪️Download
▪️Flashing Instructions (Important)

Changelogs:
• Fixed the issue where the device won't work with most aosp ROMs.
• Fixed the issue where the device boots to fastboot after flashing the ROM.
•Bugs mentioned in flashing instructions.

Notes:
• Read the flashing instructions properly.
•If mtp does not work on connecting the device to pc, turn mtp off and on again in mount section.
• Can only be used on miui ROMs and most aosp ROMs except with ROMs using Quicksilver Kernel.
• UNOFFICIAL build. Do not spam official ofox support group regarding issues with it.
• Tag me in global group if you have any issues with the recovery.

Credits:
•Thanks to @DarthJabba9 and @OGIndian for help.
•Thanks to @alcopsy and @Megalodonzs for testing.
• Thanks to @ghostrider_reborn for initial twrp tree.

By @raphael_alpha

Last edited:

da1k

Sep 18, 2011
LG G Pad 7
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE
Hello,

First I wish to congratulate @whyredFire this ROM development :) It's really cool. I installed PixelOS yesterday and for now everything works good. One thing which I wish to ask is to add Google search box option to remove it (yes I know it's Pixel main thing, but because it's Custom ROM maybe it will be possible to add such option :) )

BTW I wish to ask to be completely sure :) I installed PixelOS in this order: unlock bootloader -> flash from MIUI 12.5.8 to MIUI 13.03.08 -> flash PixelOS 20220513 -> flash boot*.img -> flash fw_lisa*.img. Was it right one? If non-OTA update will be released what will be the best way to install it and not to lost my data, app settings etc?

rrcax

May 23, 2022
I'm blown away by the fact that I can load DSU images using this ROM on my Lisa. So far I just have issues with the camera as I think the stock MIUI camera produces a better image and video.

Currently playing around with Android 13 Developer Preview via DSU.

I'll report back if there are other issues. So far, I'm loving this ROM!

Reactions: yog12

rrcax

May 23, 2022
Could you inform how to do this? Would love to try this out
I just went into developer settings and looked for DSU Loader. Android 13 Developer Preview is the one with TPBB on the filename.

It will download the image and prompt you to restart. Once you restart, the phone will load the DSU image. You can then now try it out. To return, just restart your phone.

Screenshot_20220524-143747_Settings.png

Reactions: theanik and yog12

whyredFire

Reboot
Hello,

First I wish to congratulate @whyredFire this ROM development :) It's really cool. I installed PixelOS yesterday and for now everything works good. One thing which I wish to ask is to add Google search box option to remove it (yes I know it's Pixel main thing, but because it's Custom ROM maybe it will be possible to add such option :) )

BTW I wish to ask to be completely sure :) I installed PixelOS in this order: unlock bootloader -> flash from MIUI 12.5.8 to MIUI 13.03.08 -> flash PixelOS 20220513 -> flash boot*.img -> flash fw_lisa*.img. Was it right one? If non-OTA update will be released what will be the best way to install it and not to lost my data, app settings etc?
Thanks, if there's an update, you can just reboot to recovery, sideload new rom.zip and reboot back to system.

rockyrobin

Nov 24, 2011
Hi, really loving this ROM!

I would love to have this as my daily driver, but the camera is a deal breaker.

I read earlier in this thread that there was going to be a port of miui camera included in this ROM.

Do we have any idea how this is progressing?

nondetect

Aug 2, 2014
@whyredFire hi, I just flash your latest rom and it's awesome!

but have issues with WiFi Hotspot, it's only work in WiFi 4(802.11n) instead of WiFi 6(802.11ax) in MiUI 13(it's have special options to activate WiFi 6), and on 2.4 GHz instead of 5GHz(when setting preferences to 5GHz in Setting, it automatically downsite to 2.4GHz when Hotspot activate)
adapter on PC 100% is support WiFi 6 and 5GHz

DankDeuxez

Jan 13, 2020
So are there any way i could get any kind of EIS on this rom? The rom has been a pretty nice daily-driver on my phone, but i feel like not having EIS is a bit of a drawback compared to MIUI. Ive searched around a bit but i cant really find an absolute answer to this question. So ill ask here, is it possible to get EIS on either default camera or Gcam?

rockyrobin

Nov 24, 2011
I'm still struggling to find a fully functional camera app that doesn't crash.

Do we have a way to use the macro and ultra wide cameras with the built in camera app?

silen3c

Apr 30, 2022
rockyrobin, DankDeuxez: I had the same questions and if you need fully working camera, you can use Xiaomi.eu rom that comes without the usual MIUI bloatware. It works perfectly fine for everything and battery lasts longer too. EIS works great, all cameras work great for photos and videos, you get unlimited always on display, automatic call recording etc. That's what I ended up using for now until all the issues get fixed here.

DankDeuxez

Jan 13, 2020
rockyrobin, DankDeuxez: I had the same questions and if you need fully working camera, you can use Xiaomi.eu rom that comes without the usual MIUI bloatware. It works perfectly fine for everything and battery lasts longer too. EIS works great, all cameras work great for photos and videos, you get unlimited always on display, automatic call recording etc. That's what I ended up using for now until all the issues get fixed here.
Yeah ive been thinking about re-flashing the stock rom onto the phone due to certain things i find better on the stock rom than the pixelOS.

First of all and probably most clear thing is that the EIS actually works on MIUI. Its not really an ideal breaker but when i actually use the phone camera it would be nice to have some sort of EIS.

Another thing is that i didnt really get any better battery life nor performance out of the phone with pixelOS installed. I mean yeah it uses less ram compared to MIUI, but with 8+3GB of available ram you dont really notice any hickups on MIUI.

Battery life didnt really get any better either. I could easily get 7-9h of SOT with MIUI 12.5.8. It did drop to ~4h SOT with MIUI 13 due to bugs, but with PixelOS installed it jumped back up to 7-8h of SOT.

I also find MIUI a bit more "adjusted" to this phone. While PixelOS also is adjusted pretty good i find that MIUI just has that "secure" feeling to it just by me knowing the phone is MEANT to have MIUI installed stock.

Ill wait and see if anything new comes to PixelOS which might resolve some of these things, but i doubt it.

shiori531

Sep 23, 2021
This Rom doesn't work with bluetooth headphones, and when bluetooth is disconnected, the phone's sound is muted

Attachments

• 1653963077555.png
    1653963077555.png
    312 bytes · Views: 18

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PixelOS Update! (18/06/2022)

Dirty flash works, just sideload or flash from sdcard.
    OTA Update pushed to users on previous beta and stable builds.

Download MIUICamera for lisa: https://github.com/PixelOS-Releases...2022-06-11/MiuiCamera-lisa-v1.2-android12.zip

Changelogs:
    - Introduced XiaomiParts
    - Fixed 5GHz hotspot
    - Fixed WiFi Display
    - Cleaned up audio properties
    - Misc. changes

• Applock is now stable (exposed in security settings)
    • Added support for per-app volume
    • Added an option to remove the screenshots and screenrecords limits for all applications
    • Fixed Media picker SystemUI crash
    • Fixed widgets crash on PixelLauncher
    • Fixed semi bold font on PixelLauncher
    • Switched to material-you animation for double tap to doze gesture
    • Added Data Switch QS Tile
    • Added delete action for screenshot and screenrecorder notifications
    • Fixed colors on DocumentsUI
    PixelOS Pre-Release Build (31-05-22)

Just a quick Pre-Release build before the new security arrives, we've managed to fix OTA and a few other major issues. You might find a few new features after digging in a little, I'll be writing full changelog for nerds with a proper release build (tldr; better battery life and stability).

You can always dirty flash either via sideloading or sdcard, latest global stable firmware recommended. For users who're planning to clean flash, you can use previous build's stable recovery for flashing this build.
    You'll be able to dirty flash next release build over this once its out (probably after June security patch rollout).

This build also includes the new variable refresh rate implementation from AOSPA by arter97, here's his explanation on how it works
    PixelOS Update! (11/06/2022)

Note: MIUICamera mod isn't included in the rom due to various reasons, you can flash it as a magisk module, everything works other than slo-mo mode. All credits to @ ghostrider-reborn for this mod.
    Download MIUICamera for lisa: https://github.com/PixelOS-Releases...2022-06-11/MiuiCamera-lisa-v1.2-android12.zip

Changelogs:
    - Spoofed Netflix as Pixel 6 (fixes HDR playback)
    - Addressed alot of selinux denials
    - Updated perf, neural networks and scve blobs from LA.UM.9.14.r1-19300.01-LAHAINA.QSSI12.0
    - Optimized power consumption BT media devices
    - Updated graphics blobs to WAIPIO 13100
    - Updated init scripts from MIUI 13
    - Switched to dot product CPU variant
    - Dropped CAF boost entirely
    - Optimized memory usage
    - Relaxed refresh rate switching
    - Used arter's vrr implementation
    - Configured audio-app cpusets
    - Enabled support for 6GHz WiFi
    - Added support for Network Guru
    - Many more under the hood improvements and optimizations

• Merged June Security Patch
    • Rebased source over PixelExperience
    • Added Network Traffic Indicator
    • Added App Lock (beta)
    • Added ability to install updates from local file
    • Added support for one shot auto-brightness
    • Added button to restart SystemUI in advanced reboot
    • Added option to disable screenshot shutter
    • Added user interface for Alert Sliders
    • Added double tap to trigger doze
    • Added a button to upload crash log to memocho
    • Added a toggle for combined signal icon
    • Added a toggle for haptic feedback on back gesture
    • Added custom vibration patterns from OxygenOS
    • Added vibration intensity control
    • Added support for EROFS
    • Fixed issues with the quick settings page
    • Fixed issues with the navigation bar while in landscape
    MIUI Camera Port by @ ghostrider_reborn (v1.2)

- Magisk Module
    - Android 12/12L
    - Tested & working on PixelOS
    - Xiaomi 11 Lite NE (lisa) only
    - Slow motion mode not working

Credits:
    - AEonAX and Noid for ANXCamera
    - neobuddy89

It might be shipped by default in June update.

Just a quick Pre-Release build before the new security arrives, we've managed to fix OTA and a few other major issues. You might find a few new features after digging in a little, I'll be writing full changelog for nerds with a proper release build (tldr; better battery life and stability).

You can always dirty flash either via sideloading or sdcard, latest global stable firmware recommended. For users who're planning to clean flash, you can use previous build's stable recovery for flashing this build.
    You'll be able to dirty flash next release build over this once its out (probably after June security patch rollout).

This build also includes the new variable refresh rate implementation from AOSPA by arter97, here's his explanation on how it works
    Hello, friend! Any news about MIUI camera for this ROM? Some weeks ago you mentioned somebody worked on MIUI camera port, is there any information when it's will be released?
    latest.png

PixelOS is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, themed icons, google sans fonts, Monet color based system wide theming, boot animation), a fork of OG Pixel Experience with improvements on the top of it. Huge respect to Pixel Experience team for their work, thanks to them for making this ROM possible.
    In short a fully functional Pixel Experience with just the right amount of essentials.

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

Improvements over PixelExperience

Device Specific Issues:
    • So far, everything is working
    • Permissive SELinux

Downloads
    Get the latest PixelOS Build for Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE Download
    Firmware https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelos-releases/files/twelve/lisa/firmware/
    Magisk (optional) https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
    PixelOS Recovery https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelos-releases/files/twelve/lisa/recovery/

Note: GApps are included, don't flash separately.

Notes
    • Encryption is enabled by default
    • MIUICamera shipped by default (everything works).

PixelOS Recovery is recommended if you want to stay encrypted, no custom recovery supports encryption on Android12, i.e. you won't be able to decrypt your data.

Flashing Instructions
    Clean flash (coming from a different ROM):

• Reboot to bootloader (fastboot)
    • Connect phone to PC
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot reboot recovery
    • Select Wipe data/factory reset & confirm
    • Go back and select Apply update from ADB
    adb sideload PixelOS*.zip
    • Flash latest firmware from the link above
    adb sideload fw_lisa*.zip
    • After installation complete, Reboot system.

Dirty Flash (updating from previous PixelOS ROM):
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Apply update from ADB
    adb sideload PixelOS*.zip
    adb sideload fw_lisa*.zip (only if there's a firmware update)
    • After installation complete, Reboot system.

Detailed Instructions

Join our Telegram Group https://t.me/PixelOSChat
    Buy me a Coffee https://paypal.me/whyredfire
    UPI: [email protected]

Contributors
    @SugaCRX @whyredFire

Source Code
    PixelOS
    http://github.com/PixelOS-Pixelish
    Device Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/device_xiaomi_lisa
    Kernel Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_lisa

ROM OS Version: Android 12.
    ROM Kernel: Linux 5.4.x
    Stable Release Date: 23 January 2022
    Latest Release Date: 23 June 2022
    PixelOS Update! (18/06/2022)

Changelogs:
    - Introduced XiaomiParts
    - Fixed 5GHz hotspot
    - Fixed WiFi Display
    - Cleaned up audio properties
    - Misc. changes

• Applock is now stable (exposed in security settings)
    • Added support for per-app volume
    • Added an option to remove the screenshots and screenrecords limits for all applications
    • Fixed Media picker SystemUI crash
    • Fixed widgets crash on PixelLauncher
    • Fixed semi bold font on PixelLauncher
    • Switched to material-you animation for double tap to doze gesture
    • Added Data Switch QS Tile
    • Added delete action for screenshot and screenrecorder notifications
    • Fixed colors on DocumentsUI
    PixelOS Update! (13/05/2022)

OTA Update wasn't pushed due to some internal issues.

Changelogs:
    - Updated display stack from LA.UM.9.14.r1-19300.01-LAHAINA.QSSI12.0
    - Added support for Dolby Vision
    - Updated adreno drivers to V615
    - Switched back to QTI Perf from libperfmgr
    - Updated media configs from MIUI 13.0.4 Global
    - Addressed a bunch of denials
    - Charging speed and temp management should be better now
    - Fixed fingerprint location indicator
    - Fine tuned autobrightness ramp rates
    - Imported few missing blobs
    - Enabled QCRIL radio power saving
    - More misc improvements
    - tl;dr better battery, performance and less heat

- Merged May Security Patch
    - Added expanded volume panel
    - Added quick settings tile for Auto brightness
    - Updated the caffeine quick settings tile icon from AOSPA
    - Update package details to match S style
    - Fixed an issue where battery percentage would refresh while accessing app drawer on white theme
    - Miscellaneous changes and fixes

Flashing instructions are in first post of the same thread.

Recommended Gcams:
    > MTSL
    > Shamim
    It's not modded in any sort, the sources used by PE or most other roms are open source and anyone can fork them and modify them according to their requirements, that's exactly what I did. This is not a GSI/ ported rom, it has been properly compiled from the sources.