Development [ROM][14][OFFICIAL] PixelOS [AOSP][STABLE]

Did you like this project?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Search This thread

whyredFire

PixelOS Pre-Release Build (31-05-22)

Just a quick Pre-Release build before the new security arrives, we've managed to fix OTA and a few other major issues. You might find a few new features after digging in a little, I'll be writing full changelog for nerds with a proper release build (tldr; better battery life and stability).

You can always dirty flash either via sideloading or sdcard, latest global stable firmware recommended. For users who're planning to clean flash, you can use previous build's stable recovery for flashing this build.
You'll be able to dirty flash next release build over this once its out (probably after June security patch rollout).

This build also includes the new variable refresh rate implementation from AOSPA by arter97, here's his explanation on how it works

Last edited:

Rethew

Jan 27, 2016
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE

Just a quick Pre-Release build before the new security arrives, we've managed to fix OTA and a few other major issues. You might find a few new features after digging in a little, I'll be writing full changelog for nerds with a proper release build (tldr; better battery life and stability).

You can always dirty flash either via sideloading or sdcard, latest global stable firmware recommended. For users who're planning to clean flash, you can use previous build's stable recovery for flashing this build.
You'll be able to dirty flash next release build over this once its out (probably after June security patch rollout).

This build also includes the new variable refresh rate implementation from AOSPA by arter97, here's his explanation on how it works

Hotspot AP Band selection issue persists despite the option being changed at least in the UI. I've updated the issue accordingly.

b1ackbeat

Mar 3, 2017

Hello, friend! Any news about MIUI camera for this ROM? Some weeks ago you mentioned somebody worked on MIUI camera port, is there any information when it's will be released?

joaofer

Jun 30, 2011
Versão de pré-lançamento do PixelOS (31-05-22)

Apenas uma rápida compilação de pré-lançamento antes da chegada da nova segurança, conseguimos corrigir o OTA e alguns outros problemas importantes. Você pode encontrar alguns novos recursos depois de pesquisar um pouco, escreverei um registro de alterações completo para nerds com uma versão de versão adequada (tldr; melhor duração e estabilidade da bateria).

Você sempre pode flash sujo via sideload ou sdcard, o mais recente firmware estável global recomendado. Para usuários que planejam limpar o flash, você pode usar a recuperação estável da compilação anterior para atualizar esta compilação.
Você será capaz de fazer o flash sujo na próxima versão sobre isso assim que sair (provavelmente após o lançamento do patch de segurança em junho).

Esta compilação também inclui a nova implementação de taxa de atualização variável do AOSPA por arter97, aqui está sua explicação sobre como funciona
Congratulations! this latest build is working great! the refresh rate variation is amazing, best rom for Lisa.

Reactions: whyredFire

Rethew

Jan 27, 2016
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE
Created an issue relating to the implementation of Moto Audio in the latest pre-release build, let me know if anyone else is experiencing it.

RivaLCF

Mar 21, 2017
First of all thanks to the dev for PixelOS. I've pretty much had no complaints and using it has been really nice.

One interesting thing I cannot figure out, that bothers me:
So I had a Gcam mod on PixelOS from Wichaya 8.1.1, the front camera/selfie pictures looked ace. I was really pleased with the results, as they closely resembled the HDR+ of an actual Pixel in impressive quality.

Now I switched to the MIUI 13 Beta, the same Wichaya Gcam now looks pretty bad. Especially the selfies. There is face smoothening even when I have it disabled in Gcam. The same also happens in every other GCam mod aswell.

Does anyone know why the same Gcam works greatly in PixelOS, but is pretty much terrible for selfies in MIUI? There is no API issue or anything. The full API2 is enabled.

frilalo

Nov 18, 2018
Xiaomi 12
After flashing the pre-release ROM I got an Update to 20220604 :)
But I can't find any new stuff on the phone. When will we get the changelog?

By the way: This is a very good rom and I'm using it now for more than a month. Thanks alot.

4rch0

Aug 2, 2012
Vienna
Thanks for the Rom!! Everything works fine on the 31.05 Release! I'm on the pre-release and got the OTA, but the update stuck at 50% and when I try to sideload the Rom, I got this error:
“Error applying update: 7 (ErrorCode: :kInstallDeviceOpenError)”

Edit : OTA works but take like 20-25 minutes.

Last edited:

Rethew

Jan 27, 2016
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE
Thanks for the Rom!! Everything works fine on the 31.05 Release! I'm on the pre-release and got the OTA, but the update stuck at 50% and when I try to sideload the Rom, I got this error:
“Error applying update: 7 (ErrorCode: :kInstallDeviceOpenError)”

Edit : OTA works but take like 20-25 minutes.
Mine is still stuck at 50% finalizing package installation after more than an hour.

by_BenjamiN

Jan 9, 2018
The changes I noticed...
Network traffic monitor
Double tap to check phone
Variable refresh rate.
Mistakes I noticed...
Face retouching not working in gcam

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go to Settings - > General Settings: Customise layout - > Features
    Hi! Looks like there is no slow motion and other features that previously were in more in camera? is it expected? Or maybe they are in some other place now?
    View attachment 6075907
    PlayIntegrity is failing AGAIN, here's a fix for non root users.

Install the attached apk like you install apps normally and reboot.
    This would only work on PixelOS December '23 build on newer.
    I tried installing the apk and rebooting, but it still shows that my device is not play protect certified.

Please help, I'm kinda new to this stuff...

Edit: figured it out. Cleared storage on Play Store and rebooted again. It fixed the problem.
    PixelOS Update! (16/02/2024)
    Download at https://pixelos.net/download/lisa

Notes:
    - Read February blog at https://blog.pixelos.net/blogs/2024-02-16-February-Update for detailed changelog
    - Flashing instructions are same as that of PixelOS 13, and are there in main post (page 1).
    - Dirty flash is fine.

Changelogs:
    - Cleaned up sepolicy
    - Misc. changes and fixes

- Merged February Security patches
    - Added expandable volume dialog
    - Added in-call vibration options
    - Added VPN over tethering/ hotspot
    - Integrated link to windows
    - Fixed an issue where some apks wouldn't install
    - Fixed an issue where separate data and wifi tiles wouldn't work properly
    - Fixed an issue where recording notification wouldn't dismiss on delete
    - Fixed an issue where DT2S toggle wouldn't work
    - Improved refresh rate settings
    - Removed Power off alarm notification
    - Updated translations
    Waiting for updated version
    Hi all, i have recently installed this rom. Can i relock the bootloader after installation completed? will it format data?
    If you relock bootloader on any rom (except official MIUI) you will brick your phone! Don't do it!
    lisa.png

PixelOS is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies. We aim to provide an experience similar to Google Pixel phones with numerous performance enhancements and a small amount of useful additional features.

Code:
    /* Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

READ OUR BLOG

Device Specific Issues:
    • So far, everything is working

Downloads
    Get the latest PixelOS Build for Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE Download
    Magisk (optional) https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases
    PixelOS Recovery https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelos-releases/files/fourteen/lisa/recovery/

Notes
    • GApps are included, don't flash separately
    • Encryption is enabled by default
    • Shipped with QuicksilveR kernel
    • Global stable firmware included
    • MIUICamera shipped by default (everything works).

Flashing Instructions
    Clean flash (coming from a MIUI):

• Reboot to bootloader (fastboot)
    • Connect phone to PC
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash vendor_boot vendor_boot.img
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    fastboot reboot recovery
    • Select Wipe data/factory reset & confirm
    • Go back and select Apply update from ADB
    adb sideload PixelOS*.zip
    • After installation complete, Reboot system.

• If you fail to boot to recovery, use boot image from may 2022

Clean flash (coming from another AOSP ROM):
    • Follow the same procedure as dirty flashing ones below, and format data in the end

Dirty Flash (updating from previous PixelOS ROM):
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Apply update from ADB
    adb sideload PixelOS*.zip
    • After installation complete, Reboot system.

Detailed Instructions: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/lisa/install

Join our Telegram Group https://t.me/PixelOSChat
    We depend on donations to keep our infrastructure running, show your support by donating!
    Source Code
    PixelOS
    http://github.com/PixelOS-AOSP | https://github.com/PixelOS-Fourteen
    Device Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/device_xiaomi_lisa
    Vendor Tree https://gitlab.com/PixelOS-Devices/vendor_xiaomi_lisa
    Kernel Tree https://github.com/PixelOS-Devices/kernel_xiaomi_lisa

ROM OS Version: Android 14.
    ROM Kernel: Linux 5.4.x
    Stable Release Date: 23 January 2022
    pos.jpg
    PixelOS Update! (18/07/2023)

Changelogs:
    • Merged July Security patches
    • Updated IMS stack to LA.QSSI.13.0.r1-10000.02-qssi.0
    • Updated blobs and MIUiCamera to miui_LISAGlobal_V14.0.4.0.TKOMIXM
    • Fixed an issue where hotspot would take several attempts to turn on
    • Set correct device name and hotspot SSID
    • Fixed MIUICamera crash on CN models
    • Fixed quicktap crashing on double tap gesture
    • Fixed an issue where text was not properly visible on Facebook app
    • Added a toggle for separate ringer and notification sound streams
    • Fixed offline charging animation

Note: Dirty flash works for users on previous build.
    Could you send a more detailed installation tutorial please?
    After struggIing a little bit I've finally done it. I didn't have any knowledge about any of it before doing this. So I'm not an expert but here is a more detailed guide:

- Assuming you unlocked your bootloader. If you didn't, first you need to unlock it: Bootloader Unlocking Guide

- Download the Latest Android Platform Tools and after exctracting it, move it to the main "C:" folder.

- Download Recovery (boot.img) and move it to the same "Platform Tools" folder that we copied to the "C:"

- Download ROM and don't exctract it or rename it. Also move it to the same folder.

- Download Latest Firmware and also move this to the same folder that we copied to the "C:"

- Download Mi Flash Tool. After downloading it, open the program and select the driver tab and install it.

- Activate the Developer Options in your phone by Settings > About Phone > Tap on MIUI Number 7 times.

- Search "Developer Options" in the settings and open it. There is an "Usb Debugging" option, enable it.

- Connect your phone to the PC. And choose the File Transfer Mode from your phone's notifications.

- Turn off your phone. After that press the Volume Down + Power Button together a few seconds until you see it enter into the Fastboot mode.

- Open the Platform Tools folder that we moved in to the "C:" and type "cmd" into the Windows Explorer's folder direction bar and press Enter.

- Type "adb shell" in to the command prompt that opened. (If it didn't recognise the command, type ".\adb shell" and use ".\" before any command I give after this.)

- Type "fastboot devices". You should see your device. If you couldn't, then check the drivers or install the drivers again from Mi Flash Tool. If you still can't see your device and also can't see it in the Device Manager(Windows) then you probably using a diffrent USB-C cable. Try using the original one. If it still didn't solve the problem, try a diffrent PC or an USB Output.

- Type "fastboot flash boot boot.img". You should see it installing. Wait before it finishes.

- Type "fastboot reboot recovery". You should see your phone entering into the recovery mode. If it didn't, press Power Button few seconds until it shot down. Then press Volume Up + Power Button few seconds until you see it entering into the recovery mode.

- By using Volume Up and Down and Power Buttons you can navigate the recovery menu from your phone. So select "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" and confirm.

- After that go back to the Main Menu and select "Apply update".

- Open the command prompt from your PC again if you closed it and type "adb sideload
    PixelOS_lisa-12.1-20220622-1650.zip" (the ROM file should be named this. If your file's name is diffrent, type that instead.)

- It should start installing. If this didn't, then you probably missed some steps from this guide. So please check that if you have the latest Platrfom Tools(adb) and that you download it from the official site. Also don't open it from the PowerShell Window, open it from the "cmd" like I said and make sure that it's in the main "C:" disc. Also try closing and opening again your PC and your phone before proceeding the second time.If it didn't start after all this and said cannot read the file, then you should try this: Large Adress Aware Program .

- Only do this next 2 steps if there is new firmware update or you are flashing this rom from any other rom. If you are just updating your ROM and there is no new firmware update, ignore this next 2 steps.

- After installing sideload reboot to recovery again. Then go into the "Apply Update" again from your phone.

- Open the command prompt from your PC again type "adb sideload fw_lisa_miui_LISAGlobal_V13.0.4.0.SKOMIXM_0508eaacfa_12.0.zip" (the firmware file should be named this. If your file's name is diffrent, type that instead.)

- After installing, navigate trough recovery menu again and select the "Reboot System".

- It's Done!!!
    lisa.png
    PixelOS Update! (07/11/2023)

Download here at https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixelos-releases/files/fourteen/lisa/.
    Links are not updated on website yet.

Flashing instructions are same as that of PixelOS 13, and are there in main post (page 1).

CLEAN FLASH IS REQUIRED FOR ALL USERS.

Changelogs:
    - Initial beta build based on Android 14
    - Fixed an issue where big and prime core would get struck on higher frequencies on idle
    - Enabled MGLRU (better memory management)
    - Merged tag LA.UM.9.14.r1-22400-LAHAINA.QSSI13.0 in kernel​
    PixelOS Update! (26/01/2024)

Notes:
    - Read January Release blog at https://blog.pixelos.net/blogs/2024-01-17-January-Update, there are a lot of changes for this month.
    - Flashing instructions are same as that of PixelOS 13, and are there in main post (page 1).
    - Dirty flash is fine.

Changelogs:
    -- source changelogs are in the blog
    (linked above in notes) --

• Added back support for dolby vision
    Updated stock blobs from MIUI V14.0.7.0.TKOMIXM
    Updated MIUI Camera from MIUI V14.0.7.0.TKOMIXM
    Enabled freezer service
    Switched to common QTI vibrator HAL
    Addressed a few sepolicy denials
    • Fixed an issue where some apps won't install on manual installation
    Performance improvements