Development [ROM][12.1][OFFICIAL] StatiXOS v5.1 [cannon/cannong]

Search This thread

m_vaisakh

Recognized Developer
Thank you for the wonderful ROM. I appreciate it very much.
I have Japanese market Redmi note 9T 5G device (Cannong-A001XM) too.
When I flashed "statix_cannon-20220225-12-v5.0-OFFICIAL", I could use LTE.
However, when I flash "statix_cannon-20220503-12-v5.1-OFFICIAL", it does not connect to LTE. It is said that there is no sim card. Also, if turn off "Automatically select network", it will be told "Couldn't find networks. Try again".
Can I fix in the settings?
Can you attach a logcat?
I'll see if it's an issue with modem detection, if so then I should be able to fix it with next update.

soralis0912

Nov 30, 2018
LG V30
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
I have a Japanese market Redmi note 9T 5G device (Cannong-A001XM). It's running MIUI global 12.0.12.0 (QJEJPSB) android 10 Softbank carrier-specific version, I checked for updates but there are no updates available. Can I install your custom room now? I use google translate because my english is not good, sorry.

please convert to global rom
and flash this rom and md1img

soralis0912

Nov 30, 2018
LG V30
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
You need to be on Android 11 firmware for that. I think you'll need to flash the global firmware, but I'm not sure about the differences in the Japanese version as I have no Japanese tester who could help me fix the bugs.
I'm using Japanese version(Cannong-A001XM)

Become a Japanese tester

The difference the Japanese version and the global version is Felica and MODEM (md1img)

Last edited:

m_vaisakh

Recognized Developer
I'm using Japanese version(Cannong-A001XM)

Become a Japanese tester

The difference the Japanese version and the global version is Felica and MODEM (md1img)
What exactly is Felica?
Can you send me some getprop results from your Japanese Cannong variant?
Connect your phone to ADB and in a command prompt/terminal type in

Bash:
adb shell getprop > getprop.log

and send the getprop.log generated.

soralis0912

Nov 30, 2018
LG V30
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
>>What exactly is Felica?

Wikipedia:
FeliCa is a contactless RFID smart card system from Sony in Japan, primarily used in electronic money cards.

Mobile FeliCa is a modification of FeliCa for use in mobile phones.

This module is the difference between MIUI's Global ROM and Japan ROM.

need to use NQNfcNci to run Felicia.

All MIUI ROM using NQNfcNci

Mostly Snapdragon xiaomi device custom rom use NQNfcNci

But this rom is not using NQNfcNci
and not working normal NFC in this rom.

What exactly is Felica?
Can you send me some getprop results from your Japanese Cannong variant?
Connect your phone to ADB and in a command prompt/terminal type in

Bash:
adb shell getprop > getprop.log

and send the getprop.log generated.

Last edited:

m_vaisakh

Recognized Developer
Update!

Changelog:
  • June Security Patch.
  • Added Bromite browser
  • Added font customisations
  • New wallpaper!
  • Fix some audio properties
  • Fixed fingerprint for devices with Goodix fingerprint
  • Added back few thermal blobs
  • Set readahead to 128kb for system and data
  • Resolve some IMS bugs
  • Switch to 64bit powerhal
  • Drop some power test blobs
  • Improve the interaction powerhint for better UX
  • Switched to dtbless kernel
  • Fixed in-call audio for earpiece

From now on, usage of TWRP is not advised and the ROM shall be flashed via fastboot or our own recovery which is available in OP.

Download Recovery Image!
Download from OP!

m_vaisakh

Recognized Developer
Detailed Flashing instructions:

NOTE: These instructions are for first time users only! If you are upgrading from previous StatiX Builds, you DO NOT NEED TO FORMAT DATA!

To flash StatixOS, you need these pre-requisites:
  1. A PC with ADB/Fastboot installed
  2. Redmi Note 9 5G or Redmi Note 9T device
  3. USB Cable
  4. StatiXOS Build [Note: You only need to download one of these two options (Fastboot images or Recovery Flashable zip). Fastboot images are recommended. Download the latest Version, check the date. It should be the last one in the list.]
  5. Backup your internal storage before this process.
  6. This guide assumes you are coming from MIUI 12.5.x with a unlocked bootloader.
For Windows Users:
  • Download SDK platform tools for Windows and extract it to anywhere you like.
  • Install ADB/Fastboot Drivers
  • Assuming you have unlocked bootloader, and enabled Developer Options, navigate to Additional Settings > Developer Options, scroll down to find USB Debugging, and enable it.
  • Connect your device to PC
  • From your PC, navigate to the extracted platform-tools
  • In the folder you need to check if there are some dll files and a few executables (.exe files). We're majorly concerned with adb.exe and fastboot.exe.
  • Whilst pressing Shift key, Right click in the folder, and there shall be an option to "Open powershell window here" or "Open Command Prompt here"
  • In the powershell window, type in .\adb.exe devices, now check your phone, there will a window asking to allow connection, allow it on phone. (If you don't do quicky, it may show as unauthorised in the powershell window, which is nothing to be worried about)
  • Once the device is authorised, type in .\adb.exe reboot bootloader, your device shall reboot to a FASTBOOT screen, this is the bootloader mode.
  • Now ensure your drivers are proper. Type in .\fastboot.exe devices. If it shows nothing, it means that your drivers are not proper, google search on how you should fix them as it is out of the scope of this guide. Once you get an output like 2398534953 fastboot, it means that your device is detected.
  • (You do not have to do this step if you are upgrading from a previous StatiXOS build) In powershell, type in .\fastboot.exe -w, this will completely wipe your internal storage.
  • Now, type in .\fastboot.exe update ''path\to\StatiXOS\Build\zip'' (replace path\to\StatiXOS\Build\zip with actual path to the fastboot images zip file) Pro Tip: You can right click and copy the zip and then paste into powershell window. Make sure you paste in between the quotes ' '.
  • It should show some details and start flashing immediately. It will reboot your device automatically to fastbootd mode in Statix Recovery. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE DEVICE DURING THIS PROCESS!
  • Wait till the process finishes, it will reboot the device automatically.
  • That's all! Enjoy StatiX on your device!
  • Assuming you have unlocked bootloader, and enabled Developer Options, navigate to Additional Settings > Developer Options, scroll down to find USB Debugging, and enable it.
  • In the folder you need to check if there are some dll files and a few executables (.exe files). We're majorly concerned with adb.exe and fastboot.exe.
  • Whilst pressing Shift key, Right click in the folder, and there shall be an option to "Open powershell window here" or "Open Command Prompt here"
  • In the powershell window, type in .\adb.exe devices, now check your phone, there will a window asking to allow connection, allow it on phone. (If you don't do quicky, it may show as unauthorised in the powershell window, which is nothing to be worried about)
  • Once the device is authorised, type in .\adb.exe reboot bootloader, your device shall reboot to a FASTBOOT screen, this is the bootloader mode.
  • Now ensure your drivers are proper. Type in .\fastboot.exe devices. If it shows nothing, it means that your drivers are not proper, google search on how you should fix them as it is out of the scope of this guide. Once you get an output like 2398534953 fastboot, it means that your device is detected.
  • Now in powershell, type in .\fastboot.exe flash flash recovery 'Path\to\recovery\image' (replace path to recovery/recovery image with actual path to the recovery/twrp image file) Pro Tip: You can right click and copy the bootimage and then paste into powershell window. Make sure you paste in between the quotes ' '
  • it should show "sending boot". Wait for a few seconds and powershell should output "Okay". You have successfully flashed the TWRP Recovery!
  • Type in .\fastboot.exe reboot recovery, you shall boot into TWRP recovery.
  • Tap on Advanced > ADB Sideoad, and then swipe, this should turn on the ADB Sideload mechanism
  • From your pc type in .\adb.exe sideload 'path\to\StatiXOS\Build\zip', similar to recovery image, you can copy paste zip here. Wait until the sideload finishes.
  • Tap the top arrow and go back to main recovery screen.
  • (You do not have to do this step if you are upgrading from a previous StatiXOS build) Tap on Factory Reset > Format data/factory reset (this will completely wipe your internal storage. )
  • Tap on the back arrow again and then tap on Reboot system now and Enjoy!

For Linux Users:
  • Install adb and fastboot according to your distro, and install proper udev rules.
  • From your PC, open Terminal
  • In the terminal window, type in adb devices, now check your phone, there will a window asking to allow connection, allow it on phone. (If you don't do quicky, it may show as unauthorised in the powershell window, which is nothing to be worried about)
  • Once the device is authorised, type in adb reboot bootloader, your device shall reboot to a FASTBOOT screen, this is the bootloader mode.
  • Type in fastboot devices, you'll get an output like 2398534953 fastboot, it means that your device is detected.
  • (You do not have to do this step if you are upgrading from a previous StatiXOS build) In powershell, type in fastboot -w, this will completely wipe your internal storage.
  • Now, type in fastboot update ''path/to/StatiXOS/Build/zip'' (replace path/to/StatiXOS/Build/zip with actual path to the fastboot images zip file).
  • It should show some details and start flashing immediately. It will reboot your device automatically to fastbootd mode in Statix Recovery. DO NOT DISCONNECT THE DEVICE DURING THIS PROCESS!
  • Install adb and fastboot according to your distro, and install proper udev rules.
  • In the terminal window, type in adb devices, now check your phone, there will a window asking to allow connection, allow it on phone. (If you don't do quicky, it may show as unauthorised in the terminal window, which is nothing to be worried about)
  • Once the device is authorised, type in adb reboot bootloader, your device shall reboot to a FASTBOOT screen, this is the bootloader mode.
  • Type in fastboot devices, you'll get an output like 2398534953 fastboot, it means that your device is detected.
  • Now in terminal, type in fastboot flash flash recovery 'Path/to/recovery/image' (replace path to recovery/recovery image with actual path to the recovery image file).
  • it should show "sending boot". Wait for a few seconds and powershell should output "Okay". You have successfully flashed the Statix Recovery!
  • Type in fastboot reboot recovery, you shall boot into Statix recovery.
  • On device, tap on Apply Update > , and then swipe, this should turn on the ADB Sideload mechanism
  • From your pc type in adb sideload 'path/to/StatiXOS/Build/zip', similar to recovery image, you can copy paste zip here. Wait until the sideload finishes.
  • (You do not have to do this step if you are upgrading from a previous StatiXOS build) Tap on Factory Reset > Format data/factory reset (this will completely wipe your internal storage. )

Last edited:

Hollow Life

Mar 29, 2022
And does Statix os support gesture navigation on a third-party app launcher? (What miui now prevents ). Is there a gain in autonomy management? I plan to install it, I am waiting for the bootloader to unlock.

m_vaisakh

Recognized Developer
And does Statix os support gesture navigation on a third-party app launcher? (What miui now prevents ). Is there a gain in autonomy management? I plan to install it, I am waiting for the bootloader to unlock.
Yes, they do work. But make sure you install a compatible launcher like Lawnchair. Older (pre-Android 11) might not work as intended.

HamzaDestroy

Jul 4, 2022
Detailed Flashing instructions:

NOTE: These instructions are for first time users only! If you are upgrading from previous StatiX Builds, you DO NOT NEED TO FORMAT DATA!

To flash StatixOS, you need these pre-requisites:
  1. A PC with ADB/Fastboot installed
  2. Redmi Note 9 5G or Redmi Note 9T device
  3. USB Cable
  4. StatiXOS Build [Note: You only need to download one of these two options (Fastboot images or Recovery Flashable zip). Fastboot images are recommended. Download the latest Version, check the date. It should be the last one in the list.]
  5. Backup your internal storage before this process.
  6. This guide assumes you are coming from MIUI 12.5.x with a unlocked bootloader.
For Windows Users:
  • (You do not have to do this step if you are upgrading from a previous StatiXOS build) In powershell, type in .\fastboot.exe -w, this will completely wipe your internal storage.
  • Now, type in .\fastboot.exe update ''path\to\StatiXOS\Build\zip'' (replace path\to\StatiXOS\Build\zip with actual path to the fastboot images zip file) Pro Tip: You can right click and copy the zip and then paste into powershell window. Make sure you paste in between the quotes ' '.
  • Now in powershell, type in .\fastboot.exe flash flash recovery 'Path\to\recovery\image' (replace path to recovery/recovery image with actual path to the recovery/twrp image file) Pro Tip: You can right click and copy the bootimage and then paste into powershell window. Make sure you paste in between the quotes ' '
  • it should show "sending boot". Wait for a few seconds and powershell should output "Okay". You have successfully flashed the TWRP Recovery!
  • Type in .\fastboot.exe reboot recovery, you shall boot into TWRP recovery.
  • Tap on Advanced > ADB Sideoad, and then swipe, this should turn on the ADB Sideload mechanism
  • From your pc type in .\adb.exe sideload 'path\to\StatiXOS\Build\zip', similar to recovery image, you can copy paste zip here. Wait until the sideload finishes.

For Linux Users:
  • In the terminal window, type in adb devices, now check your phone, there will a window asking to allow connection, allow it on phone. (If you don't do quicky, it may show as unauthorised in the powershell window, which is nothing to be worried about)
  • (You do not have to do this step if you are upgrading from a previous StatiXOS build) In powershell, type in fastboot -w, this will completely wipe your internal storage.
  • Now, type in fastboot update ''path/to/StatiXOS/Build/zip'' (replace path/to/StatiXOS/Build/zip with actual path to the fastboot images zip file).
  • In the terminal window, type in adb devices, now check your phone, there will a window asking to allow connection, allow it on phone. (If you don't do quicky, it may show as unauthorised in the terminal window, which is nothing to be worried about)
  • Now in terminal, type in fastboot flash flash recovery 'Path/to/recovery/image' (replace path to recovery/recovery image with actual path to the recovery image file).
  • it should show "sending boot". Wait for a few seconds and powershell should output "Okay". You have successfully flashed the Statix Recovery!
  • Type in fastboot reboot recovery, you shall boot into Statix recovery.
  • On device, tap on Apply Update > , and then swipe, this should turn on the ADB Sideload mechanism
  • From your pc type in adb sideload 'path/to/StatiXOS/Build/zip', similar to recovery image, you can copy paste zip here. Wait until the sideload finishes.
I am doing the fastboot image method, and after my device boots into fastboot the powershell window says it's waiting for any device, is it finished updating or should I do something on the fastboot window? (also the fastboot window looks different, on top it says fastbootD)

HamzaDestroy

Jul 4, 2022
I am doing the fastboot image method, and after my device boots into fastboot the powershell window says it's waiting for any device, is it finished updating or should I do something on the fastboot window? (also the fastboot window looks different, on top it says fastbootD)
this is how things look like for me on pc, did I do something wrong?
1656968242660.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash it the same I flash Statix, via Fastboot? Thank you~ Big help.
    Bash:
    fastboot flash boot magisk-patched-image

This should flash the patched image, make sure you replace magisk-patched-image with the name of the actual patched image.

stx-2021.png

StatiXOS for Redmi Note 9 5G/Redmi Note 9T Unified (cannon/cannong)

What is StatiXOS?

StatiXOS is a custom ROM based on the Android Open Source Project aiming to be minimal while providing quality of life improvements and up to date security patches.

Known Issues

• Screen Recording does not work (MTK framework bug)
    • Screenshot combination might not work well, as a workaround use lower end of the power button to grab screenshot (explanation on post #28)
    • In-call volume in speaker mode cannot be adjusted, no workarounds for now
    • Rest you tell me!

Download StatiXOS Here!
    Fastboot Images
    Recovery Flashable Zip

How to flash

Detailed flashing instructions on Post #190
    1. Download the fastbootimage zip
    2. Unlock your bootloader, and reboot to bootloader​
    3. Type in fastboot -w [This will format all of the data in your phone including internal storage (photos, files, everything!)] (Skip this step if you are coming from a previous build)​
    4. Connect your phone to PC and type in fastboot update statix_cannon-XXXXXX-12-v5.1-OFFICIAL-img.zip (XXXXXX denote the date of the build)​
    5. Wait for a while until the flashing process completes, it will reboot your device​
    6. Enjoy!​

Note: This ROM has GApps
    Stay in touch with our Telegram channels!
    Official Chatroom
    Official Releases & Announcements Channel

Prerequisite firmware: Latest stock Android 11
    Android version: 12.0.0 (12L)
    Linux Kernel Version: 4.14.186
    Source code: GitHub
    Code Review: Gerrit
    Updates!

08-Dec-2021

• Fixed network issues
    • Fixed Fingerprint sensor
    • Fixed hotspot not working at all (but it is not fully fixed)
    • Fixed bluetooth audio

Download: statix_cannon-20211208-0812-12-v5.0-SNOWCONE.zip

10-Dec-2021

• Fixed call audio not working when making calls
    • Dropped misoundfx (it does not work as intended with OSS HAL)
    • Ships with Eva Kernel

Download: statix_cannon-20211210-1032-12-v5.0-SNOWCONE.zip

25-Dec-2021
    • Dropped Eva Kernel because of the reboot issue
    • Enforced SELinux
    • Builds are now production level (user builds, just like OEMs ship)
    • Safetynet basic integrity passes, but not CTS Profile.
    • Performance Improvements
    • Fixed Hotspot!
    • December Security Patch
    Download: statix_cannon-20211225-0535-12-v5.0-SNOWCONE.zip

17-Jan-2022
    • January security patch
    • Official signed build (build is signed with our private keys)
    • Fixed cases where ViLTE did not work
    • Double tap to wake is now added
    • Cleanup vendor blobs
    • Fixed DRM Widevine level not being shown (DRM is now L1 out of the box)
    • Fixed safetynet (Everything passes by default)
    • Double tap to sleep on launcher
    • exFAT sdcard fixes (untested)
    • Overall performance improvements
    • Updated blobs from MIUI V12.5.7.0 OTA Drop
    Download: statix_cannon-20220117-12-v5.0-OFFICIAL.zip

02-Feb-2022
    • Increase media volume steps from 15 to 25.
    • Use 64bit dex2oat (Faster package installation and booting).
    • Switched to skiaglthreaded render backend for improved smoothness.
    • Fixed animations when the device locks in AOD mode to match power button.
    • Implemented flagship level haptic feedback using AIDL vibrator HAL interface.
    • Refined statusbar paddings (Improved status bar UI).
    Download: statix_cannon-20220202-12-v5.0-OFFICIAL.zip

25-Feb-2022
    • FIxed call audio on bluetooth.
    • Fixed VoLTE.
    • Enabled haptics when moving the text handle.
    • Major performance improvements.
    Download: statix_cannon-20220225-12-v5.0-OFFICIAL.zip

18-Mar-2022
    • Android 12L!
    • Version Bump to v5.1
    • Feature parity with StatiX v5.0
    • Enabled ZRAM writeback
    • Fixed Fingerprint not being detected on Cannon (Chinese variants)
    Download: statix_cannon-20220318-12-v5.1-OFFICIAL.zip

05-Apr-2022
    • April Security Patch
    • Remove unneeded libs
    • Metadata partition corruption protection
    • Reduce logspam from MTK userspace blobs
    • Fixed Display panel colour modes
    • Improved UI response
    • Entire C code is now optimised with armv8-2a-dotprod.
    • Kernel upstreamed to Latest Linux LTS release (4.14.275)
    Download: statix_cannon-20220405-12-v5.1-OFFICIAL.zip

03-May-2022
    • May Security Patch.
    • Fixed all crashing issues on Chinese variants.
    • Fixed fingerprint on Chinese variants.
    • Fixed Secure element spam.
    • Kernel upstreamed to 4.14.276.
    • Massive performance improvements.
    Download: statix_cannon-20220503-12-v5.1-OFFICIAL.zip

08-June-2022

From now on, usage of TWRP is not advised and the ROM should be flashed via fastboot or our own recovery which is available in OP.
    Follow detailed flashing instructions on
    post #190
    Changelog:
    • June Security Patch.
    • Added Bromite browser
    • Added font customisations
    • New wallpaper!
    • Fix some audio properties
    • Fixed fingerprint for devices with Goodix fingerprint
    • Added back few thermal blobs
    • Set readahead to 128kb for system and data
    • Resolve some IMS bugs
    • Switch to 64bit powerhal
    • Drop some power test blobs
    • Improve the interaction powerhint for better UX
    • Switched to dtbless kernel
    • Fixed in-call audio for earpiece
    Download:
    Update!

Changelog:
    • FIxed call audio on bluetooth.
    • Fixed VoLTE.
    • Enabled haptics when moving the text handle.
    • Major performance improvements.
    Download from OP!
    Update!

Changelog:
    • Android 12L!
    • Version Bump to v5.1
    • Feature parity with StatiX v5.0
    • Enabled ZRAM writeback
    • Fixed Fingerprint not being detected on Cannon (Chinese variants)
    Download from OP!
    Christmas Update!
    Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New year!

Changelog:

• Dropped Eva Kernel because of the reboot issue
    • Enforced SELinux
    • Builds are now production level (user builds, just like OEMs ship)
    • Safetynet basic integrity passes, but not CTS Profile.
    • Performance Improvements
    • Fixed Hotspot!
    • December Security Patch

Download from OP