ROM][12.1][OOSCAM] DerpFest for OnePlus 8t/9r [04-20-22]

Search This thread

BIGWORM

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Is there any reason why Google Assistant with voice isn't working? Where you long press the home button when you have 3-button navigation enabled? The microphone doesn't activate and just re-opens on the Google Assistant prompt even when I press the microphone button.

dxcim

Sep 24, 2017
Sony Xperia ZR
Huawei Nexus 6P
Hello! OTA update doesn't work for me. Is it okay to dirty flash it?
Yep! OTA didn't work for me either, but this did:
Looking at previous updates pushed by OP, you can dirty flash if you're on a previous build of their ROM. If coming from a different ROM or stock ROM, clean flash is essentially required. I think dirty flash, reboot to recov, flash Magisk for root should be good. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

*edit* Updated to 4/20 release from previous release.

Disabled running Magisk modules (just in case, don't know if that's still a thing)
Reboot to TWRP
Dirty flashed
Reboot to system
Reboot back to TWRP
Flashed Magisk 24.x.APK (NOT THE ZIP)
Reboot to system
Cleared Google Play Store and Google Play Services data
Re-enabled Magisk Modules, including safetynet fix if you want root and pass SafetyNet
Reboot to system again
Passed YASNC

Reactions: BIGWORM

ht_11

Apr 25, 2022
For other KB2007 users on this ROM, did you guys have to do anything special to get the fingerprint sensor to register OK?

I've MSMed from TMO go EU, unlocked bootloader, installed recovery (tried TWRP and OrangeFox), then proceeded to install the ROM and wipe data.

I tried multiple build dates of this ROM and turned off Dark Theme. But still cannot get any fingerprint to register either during initial setup or after. Also fails to register after installation of root and safetynet fix.

Last edited:

nexorigin

Jun 5, 2015
Hi everyone

I updated DerpFest-12-Official-Shin-lemonkebab-20220311-0240 to 20220420-0112 (just through OrangeFoxRecovery)
Got a bug after boot - lockscreen cyclically reboots after blocking (it is impossible to unlock without rebooting)
then installed a newer ROM version for 0422 - the bug did not gone
Further I rolled over the ROM that was originally there (20220311) - cyclic loading animation, the next loading does not reach the animation - we get to the recovery, which cannot load - we get into CrashDump (out of memory)
Using three buttons, I load into the fastboot, then I did fastboot boot twrp.img - we get to the recovery, which cannot boot - we get into CrashDump (out of memory)

Then unbricked via MSMDownloadTool, unlocked BL, flashed Orange fox recovery - ok
Decided to update firmware (checked RAM version via ADB before it) - but after "reboot recovery" - i got cyclic rebooting with Qcom logo for half a sec.

Then unbricked via MSMDownloadTool again, instaled OTAs to get latest firmware (now it OOS on Android 12)
but after that fastboot mode broken - when i boot there, i can`t select anything (and unlock BL), options continiously switch by their own like someone pressing vol down button with equal interval (after booting to system vol buttons work fine)

Tried flashing via MSMDownloadTool again - but process stucks on "erasing partition xbl_config_a" and phone boots to system, tool shows "Sahara communication failed... PBL:6"
Changed cables and usb ports - same result

Any ideas?)

(now i cant install anything, BL locked, fastboot broken)

Yash1213

May 29, 2018
New Delhi
Is this any way to flash this over Android 12 stable? I can't seem to downgrade properly. I keep getting stuck when I flash it through cmd and i have a mac so i can't use msm

klaymaniaf

Nov 27, 2011
Hi everyone

I updated DerpFest-12-Official-Shin-lemonkebab-20220311-0240 to 20220420-0112 (just through OrangeFoxRecovery)
Got a bug after boot - lockscreen cyclically reboots after blocking (it is impossible to unlock without rebooting)
then installed a newer ROM version for 0422 - the bug did not gone
Further I rolled over the ROM that was originally there (20220311) - cyclic loading animation, the next loading does not reach the animation - we get to the recovery, which cannot load - we get into CrashDump (out of memory)
Using three buttons, I load into the fastboot, then I did fastboot boot twrp.img - we get to the recovery, which cannot boot - we get into CrashDump (out of memory)

Then unbricked via MSMDownloadTool, unlocked BL, flashed Orange fox recovery - ok
Decided to update firmware (checked RAM version via ADB before it) - but after "reboot recovery" - i got cyclic rebooting with Qcom logo for half a sec.

Then unbricked via MSMDownloadTool again, instaled OTAs to get latest firmware (now it OOS on Android 12)
but after that fastboot mode broken - when i boot there, i can`t select anything (and unlock BL), options continiously switch by their own like someone pressing vol down button with equal interval (after booting to system vol buttons work fine)

Tried flashing via MSMDownloadTool again - but process stucks on "erasing partition xbl_config_a" and phone boots to system, tool shows "Sahara communication failed... PBL:6"
Changed cables and usb ports - same result

Any ideas?)

(now i cant install anything, BL locked, fastboot broken)
If you got the EU variant, try to press all buttons with cable plugged into PC and phone.
Manually flash super.img partition or the partition that MSM download didn't flash properly. After that boot a recovery and flash a custom or official rom. If it the phone will boot, flash again with MSM download.

It happened to me few days ago after a connection error while MSM download was flashing super.img partition.

Try different combinations, Use payload dumper with the latest official rom payload.

OnePlus 8t is unbrickable.

nexorigin

Jun 5, 2015
If you got the EU variant, try to press all buttons with cable plugged into PC and phone.
Manually flash super.img partition or the partition that MSM download didn't flash properly. After that boot a recovery and flash a custom or official rom. If it the phone will boot, flash again with MSM download.

It happened to me few days ago after a connection error while MSM download was flashing super.img partition.

Try different combinations, Use payload dumper with the latest official rom payload.

OnePlus 8t is unbrickable.
thank you for reply
i have kb2000 phone with kb2005 rom
now phone boots and works (on oxygen Android 12)
the main goal is to restore fastboot proper working (i think its broken after firmware flashing or updating to A12)

do you mean flashing partitions from fastboot after unpacking payload file?

klaymaniaf

Nov 27, 2011
thank you for reply
i have kb2000 phone with kb2005 rom
now phone boots and works (on oxygen Android 12)
the main goal is to restore fastboot proper working (i think its broken after firmware flashing or updating to A12)

do you mean flashing partitions from fastboot after unpacking payload file?
yes.
But in your case, if the phone boots up, just msm download.

Matteo_666

Apr 16, 2015
Google Nexus 10
Samsung Galaxy S7
As far as I know, there's no TWRP version that works with Android 12 yet. I wonder why some user are writing that they are updating new derpfest weeklys via TWRP. Or as in the install instructions to flash the ROM and initially start it and then boot to TWRP in order to install magisk. How does that work?

Last edited:

BIGWORM

Forum Moderator
Staff member
As far as I know, there's no TWRP version that works with Android 12 yet. I wonder why some user are writing that they are updating new derpfest weeklys via TWRP. Or as in the install instructions to flash the ROM and initially start it and then boot to TWRP in order to install magisk. How does that work?

I've had no issues both clean flashing to Android 12/Derpfest, then dirty flashing to the latest update via TWRP. The only issue I forsee people running into regarding TWRP is not booting to system after flashing the ROM them rebooting to TWRP to flash magisk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Derpfest.png

This is a small project based on AOSP. We try to be a platform for beginners and support the Custom ROM community with our own unique contributions as well. This ROM exists thanks to inspiration of AOSiP, Thank you! #StayDerped

Features
    Theming
    - Styles Configuration Menu
    - 4 System Icon Shapes
    - 43 System Fonts
    - 7 Primary Colors (Backgrund Colors)
    - 6 Lockscreen Clock Styles
    - Grid
    - Wallpaper Picker
    - RGB Accent Picker
    - Rounded Corners

Statusbar
    - System Icons
    - StatusBar Logo
    - Network Traffic Display
    - Battery Percent Show/Hide Config
    - Show Clock
    - Show Date
    - Ticker(Beta)
    - Carrier Label Settings

Quick Settings
    - Statusbar Pulldown (Left/Right)
    - QS Opacity & Color Configs
    - QS Backround Image Blur
    - Brightness Slider
    - Tiles Area
    - Footers Area
    - Header Area

Buttons
    - NavBar (Enable/Disable)
    - Screen Off Power Button Torch
    - Volume Settings
    - Hardware Keys
    - Prevent Accidential Touch
    - Enable On-Screen Navbar
    - Enable backlight
    -Hardware Keys Customisation

Gestures
    - AOSP Gestures
    - Back Gesture Height Config
    - Toggle To Hide Navbar Pill
    - Double Tap To Sleep Status Bar
    - Double Tap to Sleep Lockscreen
    - Three Finger Swipe To Screenshot

Lockscreen
    - Fingerprint Authentication Vibration Toggle
    - Ambient Brightness
    - Lock Screen Shortcuts
    - Status bar visibility toggle
    - Hide LockScreen Icon
    - Lockscreen Charging Info
    - Show Battery Bar
    - Clock/Date/Owner Info Options
    - Lock Screen Music Visualizer
    - Lock Screen Media Artwork Configs

PowerMenu
    - Disable PowerMenu When Locked
    - Power Menu Items

Notifications
    - Notification Light
    - Battery Charging Light
    - Charging Animations
    - Show Gentle Notifications
    - Force Expanded Notifications
    - Edge Lighting
    - Noisy Notifications
    - In Call Vibration Options

Animations
    - Animation Duration
    - Disable Transition Animations
    - ListView Animations

Miscellaneous
    - Wake On Charge
    - Brightness Control
    - Signature Spoofing Support
    - Time In State Monitor
    - Doze Settings

What's broken?
    Nada​

<-- Downloads-->​

<--Telegram group-->

8t/9r Support Group
    Rom Update Channel

<-- Changelog -->
    04/18

<--Flashing Instructions-->
    8t/9r

Thanks section
    Here's my thanks to people who made this possible:
    10X OS
    ABC
    AICP
    AOSiP
    AOSPA
    ArrowOS
    BootleggersROM
    CrDroid
    LineageOS
    DirtyUnicorns
    Evolution X
    exTHmUI
    NitrogenOS
    OmniROM
    PixelExperience
    Pixeldust Project
    POSP
    RevengeOS
    ShapeShiftOS
    Spark Os
    Syberia Project
    YAAP

Any others we may have forgotten to credit

And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

Kernel Source
    Device Source
    Just got approved for official status so will be uploading a new build soon with official status and ota's/changelogs.
    Any chance of proper oos camera working
    Whatcha think I've been working on for the last 3 weeks lol
    Just uploaded a new build. Enjoy guys!
    I'm gonna release a new build today. I dropped ooscam for now until I get it working 100%.
    * fixed audio issue in certain apps
    * fixed where wifi would break when flashing other kernels
    * tons of updates/clean-up especially to blobs in device/vendor
    * switched to Illusionx v4 and picked some stuff
    * testing ota to see if I got it working as well
    * Improve software rounded corners
    * moved oneplus-settings to system
    * update asserts for ota's
    * fix punch hole overlap with status bar burn in protection
    * added more touchscreen gestures
    * bt/audio updates/improvements