[ROM] [12.1] [PME] LineageOS 19.1 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Crazy Bessie

Apr 7, 2022
I managed to get further in the Google Services setup by disabling the Wi-FI which stopped it crashing but once I got to the "Accept" screen in Google Services and pressed the "Accept" button the setup crashed and started all over again .. lol

Tritonalz

May 1, 2019
Reactions: Crazy Bessie

Crazy Bessie

Apr 7, 2022
Did a format / data wipe and reinstalled but now after the initial setup screen the home screen has gone and when the screen locks and i unlock the screen, the home screen is a black screen with no icons or buttons :/

Crazy Bessie

Apr 7, 2022
finally got google services running by just installing NikGapps-basic-arm64-12-20220421-signed.zip instead .. Thanks for all your help :)

Reactions: Tritonalz

maxemilian

Aug 29, 2020
I've been using LOS 17 for 3 years on my HTC 10 and want to change some critical things
(I don't use google play, I'm using F-droid and Aura store)

Are there any development on following things?

1- Can you search anything in SMS app?,
2- Better camera solution which I'm using a fork of native HTC 10 camera app which is have (version 9.30.1017320) bit bad video recording performance. But great on photo side.
3-ext4 file system support (this is a dream)
4-better Bluetooth earphone performance with jabra 65T which have some performance issue with some apps.
5-Better app performance on new pipe and other F-droid apps.

raul16

I've been using LOS 17 for 3 years on my HTC 10 and want to change some critical things
(I don't use google play, I'm using F-droid and Aura store)

Are there any development on following things?

1- Can you search anything in SMS app?,
2- Better camera solution which I'm using a fork of native HTC 10 camera app which is have (version 9.30.1017320) bit bad video recording performance. But great on photo side.
3-ext4 file system support (this is a dream)
4-better Bluetooth earphone performance with jabra 65T which have some performance issue with some apps.
5-Better app performance on new pipe and other F-droid apps.
1/ not on LOS SMS native app;
2/ use other 3rd camera app -GCam maybe - check the hTC10 threads on XDA re:GCam;
3/ ext4 is native on LOS17 as well, so what is missing here ?
4/ use 3rd app for such, like Wavelet - quite good;
5/ LOS usually provides the best app performance on given SOC; hTC10 is an legacy device (2016) with an even older kernel (3.18 from 2014 !) so i would say it handle apps quite well on LOS 18.1 (A11) / 19.1 (A12) even it was launched 6 years ago with Nougat (A7 !)

Reactions: maxemilian

maxemilian

Aug 29, 2020
1/ not on LOS SMS native app;
2/ use other 3rd camera app -GCam maybe - check the hTC10 threads on XDA re:GCam;
3/ ext4 is native on LOS17 as well, so what is missing here ?
4/ use 3rd app for such, like Wavelet - quite good;
5/ LOS usually provides the best app performance on given SOC; hTC10 is an legacy device (2016) with an even older kernel (3.18 from 2014 !) so i would say it handle apps quite well on LOS 18.1 (A11) / 19.1 (A12) even it was launched 6 years ago with Nougat (A7 !)
Thanks. Yeah I was skipped, I mean ext4 external disk reading support.

Reactions: ondrasouk

Crazy Bessie

Apr 7, 2022
My wife's HTC 10 is having power drain issues with latest build, after a full charge over night. Doesn't seem to last more than 6-7 hours before it switches it's self off when battery is flat. Also the power indicator when charging says that i's gonna take like 6 hours to charge on mine and my wife's phones.

Is there another build coming soon that might fix these issues?

not sure if this issue i've noticed is a problem with the OS or Telegram but when i do a video call on telegram I can't hear the other person talking.

Cicada_3301

Nov 26, 2018
HTC 10
My wife's HTC 10 is having power drain issues with latest build, after a full charge over night. Doesn't seem to last more than 6-7 hours before it switches it's self off when battery is flat. Also the power indicator when charging says that i's gonna take like 6 hours to charge on mine and my wife's phones.

Is there another build coming soon that might fix these issues?

not sure if this issue i've noticed is a problem with the OS or Telegram but when i do a video call on telegram I can't hear the other person talking.
The battery problem is a known issue, the battery problem is a false info from battery management, I have to estimate the battery charging time, restart the phone should fix that, the Telegram problem is related to VoLTE-IMS so no solution for the time being

Crazy Bessie

Apr 7, 2022
new build available lineage-19.1-20220507-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
May 2022 Security patch
los: upgrade to A12.1.0_r5 build SP2A.220505.002
los: new LineageOS wallpapers
fix: fingerprint lost at reboot
Awesome work :)

is there a way of applying the update without losing all the apps and sms's and settings currently on my phone.
Does this update fix the battery indicator issue giving false % when charging?

raul16

Awesome work :)

is there a way of applying the update without losing all the apps and sms's and settings currently on my phone.
Does this update fix the battery indicator issue giving false % when charging?
just install the new version, clear cache & dalvik and reboot to system. Gapps will backup & restore. no data / settings will be lost. assuming you are on prev 19.1 ;)
no, it doesn't; it's an wip w/o root cause identified so far ... i'll mention it when/if solevd in log... not a priority as it actually charging OK

Crazy Bessie

Apr 7, 2022
just install the new version, clear cache & dalvik and reboot to system. Gapps will backup & restore. no data / settings will be lost. assuming you are on prev 19.1 ;)
no, it doesn't; it's an wip w/o root cause identified so far ... i'll mention it when/if solevd in log... not a priority as it actually charging OK
Installed latest version .. cheers for your help :D

Crazy Bessie

Apr 7, 2022
I've noticed in the last month since installing this rom on my wifes phone that the phone is showing no signal most the time, not sure if its a bug with this rom or from flashing the phone last month with Sprint 3.18.651.3 firmware. Our HTC 10's are on the same tariff with Giffgaff.

Anyone else experiencing this issue

recreare76

Jun 5, 2018
I've noticed in the last month since installing this rom on my wifes phone that the phone is showing no signal most the time, not sure if its a bug with this rom or from flashing the phone last month with Sprint 3.18.651.3 firmware. Our HTC 10's are on the same tariff with Giffgaff.

Anyone else experiencing this issue
I then switch the mobile network from automatic to manual selection. The signal is then there again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    new build lineage-19.1-20221110-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

November 2022 Security patch
    pme: remove dead packages & device optimizations
    pme: clean up dead properties
    fix: camera issue (add missing daemon folder)
    pme: kernel upstream to ASB 2022-11-05:
    CVE-2022-25724 | A-238106223 | High | Display
    CVE-2022-25743 | A-240973083 | High | Display
    pme: kernel update with latest CODELINARO patches for MSM-3.18
    header_htc10_LOS19.1.png

LineageOS 19.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on AOSP with contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. If needed you can install any GApps package available for S.
    LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    The source code for LineageOS is available at GitHub. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit Gerrit Code Review. LineageOS changelog is whatever was merged into Gerrit.

Instructions:
    1. make a FULL backup first from your actual system.
    2. before installing make sure you are running the latest stock Oreo from the latest HTC Sense.
    3. install as recovery the latest TWRP recovery 3.6.1_9-0 ( thanks @Captain_Throwback )
    4. if you are encrypted, - coming from stock Oreo - take a full backup of all your data, boot into recovery and format data (the option which requires you to type "yes") and clean flash accordingly.
      This is due to encryption changes. Do not skip this step or you will be locked out of your system by a password prompt.
    5. after format /data you must reboot to recovery to be able to copy needed files to flash on /sdcard
    6. download the latest ROM zip and GApps (optional) from the downloads section below
    7. wipe system, cache, dalvik and do a factory reset in recovery if coming from another AOSP based rom (including LOS18.1 / LOS19.0)
    8. flash install ROM zip in recovery and add install more zip's to flash also GApps (optional), thus you get best integration of vanilla LOS with GApps;
    9. reboot to system and make initial settings & configurations; also check and configure your apps permissions;
      Note: don't enable option Lineage recovery during setup as you will lose TWRP (overwrite by LOS Recovery app) and you need to reinstall it again!
    10. optional: flash the latest Magisk and reboot to system to setup Magisk app [wait for it to load]
    Enjoy ;) latest LOS 19.1 [Android 12.1] on your HTC 10.

Downloads:
    Known Issues:
    • IMS – VOLTE
    • SlowMo
    • SeLinux permissive
    Reporting bugs:
    Bug reports without a proper description of the issue and a logcat will be ignored!

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • TWRP Team
    • Magisk Team
    • all HTC 10 contributors
    Source code:
    LineageOS source
    Device source

XDA: DevDB Information
    [ROM] [12.1] [PME] LineageOS 19.1 [UNOFFICIAL] ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors:

raul16

Donations
    donations are not mandatory but very welcomed
    If you like my work and want to support development or buy me a coffee PayPal Donate

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1.0_r22
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
    ROM Firmware Required: OREO
    Based On: LineageOS 19.1

Version Information
    Beta

Created on 2022-02-16
    Last Updated 2022-11-10

Screeshots:

Screenshot_20220209-120835_Setup_Wizard.pngScreenshot_20220218-221226_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20220220-112938_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20220220-112949_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20220218-221322_Settings.pngScreenshot_20220218-221422_Settings.pngScreenshot_20220218-221921_Permission controller.pngScreenshot_20220218-221440_Android System.png
    new build lineage-19.1-20221110-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

November 2022 Security patch
    pme: remove dead packages & device optimizations
    pme: clean up dead properties
    fix: camera issue (add missing daemon folder)
    pme: kernel upstream to ASB 2022-11-05:
    CVE-2022-25724 | A-238106223 | High | Display
    CVE-2022-25743 | A-240973083 | High | Display
    pme: kernel update with latest CODELINARO patches for MSM-3.18
    new build lineage-19.1-20220910-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

September 2022 Security patch

los: upgrade to A12.1.0_r22 build SQ3A.220705.004
    new: add MaterialYou color accent change features
    new: add Eleven title scrolling effect

Screenshot_20220906-140839_Trebuchet.png
    new build lineage-19.1-20220611-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log: