[ROM] [12.1] [PME] LineageOS 19.1 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

masterbaek

Aug 25, 2022
such a merge would not work. cannot merge 5.20 kernel onto 3.18 kernel (of pme !)
even other known attempts to bring kernel 4.4 or 4.9 - likely more close to 3.18 - were not successfully due to various missing drivers or incompatibility with vendor proprietary blobs that cannot be build from source.
Got it, thanks. Maybe one day if the kernel is successfully ported to pme on postmarketOS, it could hopefully be adapted to LOS

ondrasouk

Apr 15, 2016
HTC One (m7)
Google Nexus 5
Got it, thanks. Maybe one day if the kernel is successfully ported to pme on postmarketOS, it could hopefully be adapted to LOS
Sorry, but there is nothing to do... merging to linux-msm or linux msm8996-mainline is not realistic. It would take enormous time to just get properly working modem on actual version (like fixing the VoLTE)...
I probably was farther in porting (well i was not caring at all about legacy downstream code in useable kernels, so it can be said i have taken shortcut...), than raul16 and the pain with getting the framebuffer (display) to print kernel messages... the phone is full of peripherals, that are due to old vendor blobs left nonfunctional.
Abandoned it halfway, since these (linux-msm and linux msm8996-mainline) repositories are mainly for Qualcomm hardware - there are no aditional blobs from other vendors to get the whole smartphone working.
That is why vendor blobs are problematic (so for next phone take care to buy phone from vendor with opensource-friendly politics like Pine64, Purism or Fairphone).
The linux kernel internals are unstable, the never endings refactors changes how the kernel works under-the-hood. If the firmware has no "wrapper" in kernel code that provides interface, then it's super-problematic and if it has "wrapper", then it's challenge to ensure, that the structures and functions of kernel doesn't changed in way it breaks firmware. In short: It's nearly impossible to bring this phone to newer versions without leaving things in buggy state, since we cannot predict behavior of firmware blobs and hardware. The firmware code and testing framework for peripherals would be good to have, but even then it would take lots of work and cost lots of money (CI can be very costly).

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: masterbaek

raul16

new build lineage-19.1-20220910-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

September 2022 Security patch

los: upgrade to A12.1.0_r22 build SQ3A.220705.004
new: add MaterialYou color accent change features
new: add Eleven title scrolling effect

Screenshot_20220906-140839_Trebuchet.png

Last edited:

Tunglamhn

Aug 31, 2020
did not have an HTC U11 [ocn] to test & validate required changes to kernel & blobs. can't build blind !
if there are more interested in such and would sponsor acquiring such a device would be feasible ;)
wasn't it maintained by Golv here on XDA lately ?
golv looks like he doesn't have time for u11 anymore. htc 10 is lucky to still have your support . unfortunately me and you are not near I can send my htc u11 to you as a reagent 😀. Thank you for replying to me

Karoxin

Oct 4, 2022
View attachment 5582511

LineageOS 19.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Disclaimer:
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
*/

LineageOS is based on AOSP with contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. If needed you can install any GApps package available for S.
LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
The source code for LineageOS is available at GitHub. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit Gerrit Code Review. LineageOS changelog is whatever was merged into Gerrit.

Instructions:
  1. make a FULL backup first from your actual system.
  2. before installing make sure you are running the latest stock Oreo from the latest HTC Sense.
  3. install as recovery the latest TWRP recovery 3.6.1_9-0 ( thanks @Captain_Throwback )
  4. if you are encrypted, - coming from stock Oreo - take a full backup of all your data, boot into recovery and format data (the option which requires you to type "yes") and clean flash accordingly.
    This is due to encryption changes. Do not skip this step or you will be locked out of your system by a password prompt.
  5. after format /data you must reboot to recovery to be able to copy needed files to flash on /sdcard
  6. download the latest ROM zip and GApps (optional) from the downloads section below
  7. wipe system, cache, dalvik and do a factory reset in recovery if coming from another AOSP based rom (including LOS18.1 / LOS19.0)
  8. flash install ROM zip in recovery and add install more zip's to flash also GApps (optional), thus you get best integration of vanilla LOS with GApps;
  9. reboot to system and make initial settings & configurations; also check and configure your apps permissions;
    Note: don't enable option Lineage recovery during setup as you will lose TWRP (overwrite by LOS Recovery app) and you need to reinstall it again!
  10. optional: flash the latest Magisk and reboot to system to setup Magisk app [wait for it to load]
Enjoy ;) latest LOS 19.1 [Android 12.1] on your HTC 10.

Downloads:
Known Issues:
  • IMS – VOLTE
  • SlowMo
  • SeLinux permissive
Reporting bugs:
Bug reports without a proper description of the issue and a logcat will be ignored!

Credits:
  • LineageOS Team & Contributors
  • Code Aurora Forum
  • TWRP Team
  • Magisk Team
  • all HTC 10 contributors
Source code:
LineageOS source
Device source

XDA: DevDB Information
[ROM] [12.1] [PME] LineageOS 19.1 [UNOFFICIAL] ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors:

raul16

Donations
donations are not mandatory but very welcomed
If you like my work and want to support development or buy me a coffee PayPal Donate

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1.0_r11
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
ROM Firmware Required: OREO
Based On: LineageOS 19.1

Version Information
Beta

Created on 2022-02-16
Last Updated 2022-09-10

Screeshots:

View attachment 5541899View attachment 5541901View attachment 5541903View attachment 5541905View attachment 5541907View attachment 5541909View attachment 5541911

Karoxin

Oct 4, 2022
very nice ..... thanks a lot .....it is worked correctly But before installing ROM BE SURE OLD ANDROID FOLDER HAVE BEEN DELETED

pspkid

Aug 4, 2013
HTC One (M8)
HTC 10
Noob question

I had old version of lineage 20 , how can I upgrade to latest version ?

Another question I just checked I don't have any custom recovery , which and how should I install one

Thanks

saadalikhan

Nov 3, 2020
Thanks for the update. Can we expect the battery bug issue solved in upcoming updates? I know other method but don't want to root the ROM

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
HTC 10
In this build did't work lighter and camera. build 20220805 work fine. Clear install
@raul16 - Thanks for your work!

I've just clean-installed the 20221008 build, and the camera isn't working for me. It was working with the September build.

If I open the built-in camera I keep getting the message "app keeps stopping". If I run Simple Camera it says "An error occurred accessing the camera". Both apps have all their requested permissions.

Also, the torch (flashlight) is greyed out with message "Camera in use".

Zipped logcat attached, in case it might help. 🙂

Attachments

• pme-logcat-2022-10-29.zip
    338.5 KB · Views: 1

raul16

@raul16 - Thanks for your work!

I've just clean-installed the 20221008 build, and the camera isn't working for me. It was working with the September build.

If I open the built-in camera I keep getting the message "app keeps stopping". If I run Simple Camera it says "An error occurred accessing the camera". Both apps have all their requested permissions.

Also, the torch (flashlight) is greyed out with message "Camera in use".

Zipped logcat attached, in case it might help. 🙂
known issue due to missing folder for camera daemon. fix in next build.

Reactions: lpedia

Spence09

Nov 7, 2022

View attachment 5708883
just got one of these phones and heard that they have battery issues,. and mine definitely has one,. was wondering would Lineage OS get rid of the battery drain problem? anyways thanks for the great work!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    new build lineage-19.1-20221110-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

November 2022 Security patch
    pme: remove dead packages & device optimizations
    pme: clean up dead properties
    fix: camera issue (add missing daemon folder)
    pme: kernel upstream to ASB 2022-11-05:
    CVE-2022-25724 | A-238106223 | High | Display
    CVE-2022-25743 | A-240973083 | High | Display
    pme: kernel update with latest CODELINARO patches for MSM-3.18
    header_htc10_LOS19.1.png

LineageOS 19.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12L (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on AOSP with contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. If needed you can install any GApps package available for S.
    LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    The source code for LineageOS is available at GitHub. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit Gerrit Code Review. LineageOS changelog is whatever was merged into Gerrit.

Instructions:
    1. make a FULL backup first from your actual system.
    2. before installing make sure you are running the latest stock Oreo from the latest HTC Sense.
    3. install as recovery the latest TWRP recovery 3.6.1_9-0 ( thanks @Captain_Throwback )
    4. if you are encrypted, - coming from stock Oreo - take a full backup of all your data, boot into recovery and format data (the option which requires you to type "yes") and clean flash accordingly.
      This is due to encryption changes. Do not skip this step or you will be locked out of your system by a password prompt.
    5. after format /data you must reboot to recovery to be able to copy needed files to flash on /sdcard
    6. download the latest ROM zip and GApps (optional) from the downloads section below
    7. wipe system, cache, dalvik and do a factory reset in recovery if coming from another AOSP based rom (including LOS18.1 / LOS19.0)
    8. flash install ROM zip in recovery and add install more zip's to flash also GApps (optional), thus you get best integration of vanilla LOS with GApps;
    9. reboot to system and make initial settings & configurations; also check and configure your apps permissions;
      Note: don't enable option Lineage recovery during setup as you will lose TWRP (overwrite by LOS Recovery app) and you need to reinstall it again!
    10. optional: flash the latest Magisk and reboot to system to setup Magisk app [wait for it to load]
    Enjoy ;) latest LOS 19.1 [Android 12.1] on your HTC 10.

Downloads:
    Known Issues:
    • IMS – VOLTE
    • SlowMo
    • SeLinux permissive
    Reporting bugs:
    Bug reports without a proper description of the issue and a logcat will be ignored!

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • TWRP Team
    • Magisk Team
    • all HTC 10 contributors
    Source code:
    LineageOS source
    Device source

XDA: DevDB Information
    [ROM] [12.1] [PME] LineageOS 19.1 [UNOFFICIAL] ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors:

raul16

Donations
    donations are not mandatory but very welcomed
    If you like my work and want to support development or buy me a coffee PayPal Donate

ROM OS Version: Android 12.1.0_r22
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
    ROM Firmware Required: OREO
    Based On: LineageOS 19.1

Version Information
    Beta

Created on 2022-02-16
    Last Updated 2022-11-10

Screeshots:

Screenshot_20220209-120835_Setup_Wizard.pngScreenshot_20220218-221226_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20220220-112938_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20220220-112949_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20220218-221322_Settings.pngScreenshot_20220218-221422_Settings.pngScreenshot_20220218-221921_Permission controller.pngScreenshot_20220218-221440_Android System.png
    new build lineage-19.1-20221110-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

November 2022 Security patch
    pme: remove dead packages & device optimizations
    pme: clean up dead properties
    fix: camera issue (add missing daemon folder)
    pme: kernel upstream to ASB 2022-11-05:
    CVE-2022-25724 | A-238106223 | High | Display
    CVE-2022-25743 | A-240973083 | High | Display
    pme: kernel update with latest CODELINARO patches for MSM-3.18

Screenshot_20220906-140839_Trebuchet.png
    new build lineage-19.1-20220611-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log: