[ROM][12.1][raphael][OFFICIAL] Pixel Extended ROM [11/06/2022]

Search This thread

sgoakley

Oct 23, 2013
Hey all.

Installed this ROM just now on my Mi 9T Pro, which installed fine. However, I forgot to flash something to decrypt the data, so now TWPR doesn't ask to decrypt and everything in /sdcard is jibberish. Any fix for this? Or, is it a clean flash again to fix?

SRBAzad

Apr 8, 2020
Guwahati
Hey all.

Installed this ROM just now on my Mi 9T Pro, which installed fine. However, I forgot to flash something to decrypt the data, so now TWPR doesn't ask to decrypt and everything in /sdcard is jibberish. Any fix for this? Or, is it a clean flash again to fix?
Only fix is to format data and flash a12 dfe. One needs to be decrypted until some recovery comes out which can support A12 encryption/decryption. However it's better to use Navven Johnson's lates unofficial orfox recovery to stay secure

Reactions: sgoakley

sgoakley

Oct 23, 2013
Sorted it.
  • Flashed OrangeFox via ADB
  • Booted into Recovery
  • Formatted data in OrangeFox
  • Re-Installed OS
All seems to be OK now and I can actually see the files correctly in recovery and not encrypted jibberish.

JamesAb

Sep 4, 2015
Jeez... been bitten by encryption too. Flash instructions not exceedingly clear (to put it lightly).

Well, got around it by myself. That is what is great about XDA... you learn to depend on yourself and yourself only.

Great ROM. For now the only let down is not being able to use ANX Camera, but I will live with GCAM at least till we have an ANX for A12.

Battery life is outstanding. It's at least 25% better than what I was having with PEX 11. It's like PEX 11 had some sort of problem. Battery is so good that I can now limit charge to 80% and still have more than 20% at the end of the day. Perfect!

Last edited:

Lo.Ron3

Oct 30, 2019
Good day, Devs! Can I request a feature? A feature that can remove objects from photos like in the Google Pixel 6 (Pro?) I think it's called "Magic Eraser". Thanks for the answer in advance!

PROsenGt

Aug 4, 2021
Video playback stutters a lot. Experienced stutters in browser, default video player and MX player also. Is there any solution ?

Doggy110

Sep 18, 2012
Roosendaal
Hi all,

I have a question. Have seen some people in this topic who are having the same issue.
Have read the topic but couldn't find the solution so I hope you can help me.

- Phone was on the original MIUI V12.5.1.0.RFKEUXM with Locked Bootloader

So I performed the next steps:
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Installed [email protected]_3.zip
- Wipe Cache - Dalvik - System - Data - Vendor
- Flashed latest firmware (fw_raphael_miui_RAPHAELEEAGlobal_V12.5.1.0.RFKEUXM_dd92b7128a_11.0.zip)
- Flashed PixelExtended_raphael-12.0-20220125-1941-OFFICIAL.zip
- Format Data
- Rebooted system
- Everything is working fine.

Except when I try to boot into Orangefox Recovery I get stuck at the Fastboot screen. I can't boot the device into system anymore.
If I try to install Orangefox in fastboot the install completes just fine, but when I want to boot into recovery (vol up + pwr) I get to the fastboot screen again.
I can start Orangefox by hitting the "fastboot boot recovery.img" command.
Device can be booted into system from recovery or using "fastboot continue" in Fastboot screen.

Any clue on how to fix this problem?

The Rom is working very well and is suitable as a daily driver.

blurry_face

Feb 1, 2022
Am I the only one who's experiencing battery drain with this ROM? I have to recharge my phone twice, sometimes even three times a day. How can it be fixed? That goes for all Android 12 ROMs I tried (this one, Evolution OS and PixelExperience). Noone else seem to have this issue.

JamesAb

Sep 4, 2015
Am I the only one who's experiencing battery drain with this ROM? I have to recharge my phone twice, sometimes even three times a day. How can it be fixed? That goes for all Android 12 ROMs I tried (this one, Evolution OS and PixelExperience). Noone else seem to have this issue.
That's really strange. My experience is that battery life is outstanding compared to PEX11 on Android 11. Did you see on battery usage stats what app is draining it?

In my case, after a full day it's at 32% (down from 80% as I don't fully charge). Biggest offenders are Whatsapp 23% and Screen 15% usage...

Last edited:

blurry_face

Feb 1, 2022
That's really strange. My experience is that battery life is outstanding compared to PEX11 on Android 11. Did you see on battery usage stats what app is draining it?

In my case, after a full day it's at 32% (down from 80% as I don't fully charge). Biggest offenders are Whatsapp 23% and Screen 15% usage...
That's the strangest thing, nothing suspicious in usage stats. It's YouTube 16%, Chrome 11%, VK 8%. Screen is 13% and android system is 6%. I've read through most of the android 12 ROMs threads here and, I believe it was in Evolution X thread, I found a guy with the same issue. He said it was because the phone didn't go into deep sleep mode because of the Bluetooth. I turned off 'search for Bluetooth devices even when Bluetooth is off' feature, deleted cash and data on system Bluetooth app and turned off adaptive connectivity. It's a lot better now, at least there's no battery drain when the phone is not used. Battery life still does not seem long enough though, but it seems to be enough to last almost until the end of the day.

delta themes

Sep 13, 2017
Does anyone have this on a mirror? latest A12 is not downloading from PE site, i guess they are having storage issues. someone had to do the same for the Mi Mix 2S Polaris build. Thanks.

JamesAb

Sep 4, 2015
Does anyone have this on a mirror? latest A12 is not downloading from PE site, i guess they are having storage issues. someone had to do the same for the Mi Mix 2S Polaris build. Thanks.
I couldn't find any "official" mirrors. Here you go what I uploaded myself.

I know it's not ideal. Check the checksum or something.

ralf979

Sep 8, 2007
Jeez... been bitten by encryption too. Flash instructions not exceedingly clear (to put it lightly).

Well, got around it by myself. That is what is great about XDA... you learn to depend on yourself and yourself only.

Great ROM. For now the only let down is not being able to use ANX Camera, but I will live with GCAM at least till we have an ANX for A12.

Battery life is outstanding. It's at least 25% better than what I was having with PEX 11. It's like PEX 11 had some sort of problem. Battery is so good that I can now limit charge to 80% and still have more than 20% at the end of the day. Perfect!
Clean Flash
- Back up all your data
- Flash latest firmware required by ROM
- Flash Rom
- Flash DFE if you don't want to be encrypted, otherwise you need the format data
- reboot system

What is difficult and unclear?

Reactions: sachinsmac

JamesAb

Sep 4, 2015
Clean Flash
- Back up all your data
- Flash latest firmware required by ROM
- Flash Rom
- Flash DFE if you don't want to be encrypted, otherwise you need the format data
- reboot system

What is difficult and unclear?

You took the time to cut-n-paste, really?

Well, for starters, there's no recommendation on recovery or DFE to be used... as if it didn't matter at all. Maybe it's obvious for people flashing stuff weekly... certainly not my case.

But no worries. We all eventually get to where we want. I just feel it could be easier.

ralf979

Sep 8, 2007
You took the time to cut-n-paste, really?

Well, for starters, there's no recommendation on recovery or DFE to be used... as if it didn't matter at all. Maybe it's obvious for people flashing stuff weekly... certainly not my case.

But no worries. We all eventually get to where we want. I just feel it could be easier.
I read that you are very ironic
I'm sorry if with passion and for free I put my time at your disposal. I see that you appreciate it very much.
sorry if i wasted your time.

Reactions: sachinsmac

chanblar

Jan 19, 2020
Redmi K20 Pro
Hello,
I have install this rom all is ok except sound cut out 2sec and come back its in cycle this problem its on every media ( Spotify Deezer YouTube browser..)
I have wipe everything flash last firmware and rom .
But it's every the same problem what I do wrong ?

JamesAb

Sep 4, 2015
I read that you are very ironic
I'm sorry if with passion and for free I put my time at your disposal. I see that you appreciate it very much.
sorry if i wasted your time.
Really sorry man, yeah... I shouldn't have been ironic.

Anyway, I'm truly grateful for your work. It's the best rom I've ever used for the K20 Pro.
As for the instructions I get it that sometimes it's hard to grasp what's obvious and what's not when someone like you write down what one unknown person should do.

I think that the important part is, even if the instructions are not perfect, one can install it successfully if there's enough will. People just need to read the foruns a bit more. It's all right then I guess.

Keep up the good work and thanks again.

Reactions: ralf979 and zgeo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys !!!!
    New update is out.
    See the second post for the changelog

Enjoy the PEX
    Hey can anyone guide me with easy steps for install this rom . I'm new to this line and noob at changing rom . I need easy and clear instructions .
    Thanks in advance ❤️

Well, even if you tell you are a noob, there is infinite levels of noobness one can really be. I just did it yesterday so I have it fresh on my head.

Here is my guide assuming you are kind of a somewhat streetwise noob. (Sorry, don`t have the talent nor patience to do it for a complete noob).

1. Download
    - The latest stable firmware for your device (mine is a CN device, yours may differ): fw_raphael_miui_RAPHAEL_V12.5.6.0.RFKCNXM_f5fe3b4a6f_11.0.zip​
    - The latest TWRP: twrp-3.6.1_9-0-raphael.img​
    - Magisk-v25.1.apk (and rename it to Magisk-v25.1.zip)​
    - ANXCameraUnity_185R.SaltyIntelligentPlainsqueaker.zip (if you don`t like ANX, just skip it)​
    - 1OSS.DFE.zip​
    - The ROM: PixelExtended_raphael-12.1-20220610-1454-OFFICIAL.zip (obviously)​
    2. Disable any screen lock you may have. Certify that your google account info and any data on the phone is backed/synched up.
    3. Boot on fastboot (turn off the device, and turn on again while pressing volume -)
    4. Plug the phone on the computer (one with Fastboot and ADB installed on it)
    5. Rename the twrp file to twrp.img for simplicity sake.
    6. On the computer run these commands:
    - fastboot flash recovery twrp.img (should flash the damn twrp to recovery... but on my phone it doesn`t ever stick ffs)​
    - fastboot boot twrp.img​
    7. If all goes well, the phone will boot into TWRP recovery.
    8. Do a wipe
    9. Format Data
    10. Reboot... and try to enter Recovery by pressing Power and Vol +. If it doesn`t work, simply repeat steps 3 to 7
    11. Go to Advanced and Choose ADB Sideload. Check both wipe boxes and swipe right.
    12. On the computer run these command:
    - adb sideload fw_raphael_miui_RAPHAEL_V12.5.6.0.RFKCNXM_f5fe3b4a6f_11.0.zip​
    13. Once finished, go back to the ADB Sideload page and select it again.
    14. Repeat the sideload sequence as in steps 11 to 13 for those files:
    - PixelExtended_raphael-12.1-20220610-1454-OFFICIAL.zip​
    - Magisk-v25.1.zip​
    - ANXCameraUnity_185R.SaltyIntelligentPlainsqueaker.zip​
    - 1OSS.DFE.zip​
    15. After finishing, DFE will need you to do some steps to configure buttons (to be able to answer some questions). After that it will ask if you want to disable cota (answer no) and if you want to force disable encryption (answer yes)
    15. Format Data once again
    16. Reboot.

I hope it is clear enough, as it is.
    Some people might do it differently... but those steps netted a complete success on the first try in my case.
    Using this rom about 2 months. Perfect rom without bug. Who says it not work fine its beacause you didnt use the right firmware or the right recovery. Junp in the telegram group e follow the simple guide to flash it. Please stop to say wrong about this rom beacause it s the only fully working A12 rom for our device. Peace and love.
    5. Rename the twrp file to twrp.img for simplicity sake.
    Did you know, the windows cmd features drag and drop. Just drag the .img to the cmd window and the path will automatically be inserted.

Eg:
    Win+R -> CMD -> "adb sideload " -> drag'n'drop -> Enter

likQDEZ.png

PixelExtended ROM for Mi 9T pro / K20 pro [raphael]

What is this?
    PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), We are Combining Pixel Goodies with some essential features you were missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promise you stabilty and being feature-rich at the same time . TBH this ROM will keep it's Pixel' idea intact and won't be bloat with unwanted features .

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1 (S)

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FMRadio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    tell me

Features That are Available At the Moment

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Sourceforge Host

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Stay tuned
    Device Support Group

NOTES:
    * OSS Vendor .
    * Use latest A11 firmware for your region.
    * Gapps included.
    * FLASH GUIDE in device Changelog

Changelog:
    11/06/2022
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Old:

Changelog:
    18/05/2022
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    07/04/2022
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    29/04/2022
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    25/02/2022
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    25/01/2022
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    20/12/2021
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    31/11/2021
    Source:
    Initial PixelExtended Android 12 BETA release :-

Device:
    - Initial A12 release

Last A11 release:
    Changelog:
    10/10/2021
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    05/09/2021
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

Changelog:
    18/08/2021
    Source:
    - HERE

21/06/2021
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

17/05/2021
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

07/02/2021
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

20/01/2021
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

25/12
    Source:
    - HERE
    Device:
    - HERE

22/11
    Source:
    - HERE

Device:
    - Rebased on Ahbishek tree's
    - Enforcing build
    - Vibration instensity improvement
    - Add multiuser support
    - Add Doze Support & raise to wake
    - Enable blurs, under dev-option
    - Deleted Snap Camera
    - Add GcamGO
    - adjust window rounded corners
    - Add Tethering Overlay (from LOS)
    **(settings > battery > thermal profile > select gaming or benchmarking profile for app you want to apply touch controls > click on new touch icon > enjoy )
    - and other little things

13-10:
    * Initial R release

22-09:
    Source :-

* Introducing AOSPA App Lock
    * Letting legacy apps scale fully to the display's aspect ratio
    * Some minor FOD improvments
    * Made Battery Icon on QS clickable
    * New Default wall thanks to @customArtsSB
    ***** END OF A10 SUPPORT . PEACE OUT !! *****

Device :-

* Switch to swipe on loockscreen for faceunlock

12-09:

Merged September Security Patch
    Imporvments For Pocket Lock
    Custom FOD Icon Support
    Moved Battery Icon to QS Header
    Auto Brightness too low ? We added a setting to clamp min auto bs
    Added Support for POSP' Mi/Dirac Sound
    Fixed an issue where device ain't going to deep sleep cz of pocket lock
    Capture Your Screen now at 0 delay
    Touch Optimisations
    Fixed a case where device is detected as rooted , apps that was causing it should be fine now .
    Rebranded Fan_Edition To Pixel Extended and added a new lottie branding animation .

Update to Coral's Sept 2020 fingerprint
    how back button on thermal activity
    Disable hifi preference when toggling switchbar
    DcDimmingSettingsFragment: Listen for qs tiles change

20-08:
    Device changes:
    * Switch to Pixel Extended OFFICIAL
    * Fixed Screenoff FOD
    * Restored AOSPA volume panel (to follow changes from ROM)
    * Clean flash is recommended, but dirty flash from PixelExperience FAN Edition is still possible. (if you do dirty flash, first remove the pin or flash passreset.zip in recovery (only for this update))

ROM changes:
    * None

18-08:
    * August SP is finally here
    * Added 5 new animated lockscreen clocks
    * Touch response animation (fwb)
    * Added 2 new Primary Colors
    * Added battery temparature in battery page
    * Network Traffic Improvemnts

* Add add FOD Animation picker
    * Update Fingerprint To Coral August Security Patch
    * Decrease light sensor warmup time
    * bump minimum vendor variant for IN (12.0.2.0)
    * Enable fluence voice recording (fix google recorder)

12/08
    - Fixed Ambient Display afther reboot
    - Fixed loockscreen flikering
    - Add Screen OFF FOD
    - Add Google Recorder
    - import vendor overlay
    - enable iwlan assisted
    - update props from latest miui
    - Set dynamic thermal interval to 5 sec
    Hi guys,
    new update for you !!
    PEX 2.4