[ROM][12.1][sunfish] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

J-Glo

Mar 19, 2018
Google Pixel 4a
I have noticed a huge delay when switching between camera modes as well. I have found that if I switch to video and press record, it usually does actually start recording, even though you can't see anything in the viewfinder. I'm using a different ROM, though, so maybe it's just an issue with GCam and custom ROMs?

AOD is Always On Display. Ambient Display should just light up the screen when you receive a notification, then turn off again after a few seconds.
That's good to know, will keep that in mind. So if I'm understanding this correctly, theres no point in having ambient display on if AOD is already enabled, right?

Last edited:

garydustin

Jan 5, 2009
I have noticed a huge delay when switching between camera modes as well. I have found that if I switch to video and press record, it usually does actually start recording, even though you can't see anything in the viewfinder. I'm using a different ROM, though, so maybe it's just an issue with GCam and custom ROMs?

AOD is Always On Display. Ambient Display should just light up the screen when you receive a notification, then turn off again after a few seconds.
Are you hiding the navbar? There is a weird interaction with hacks to hide the navbar that screws up the camera switching speed. This is not rom specific, and occurs on many roms I've used with this phone that use that method of hiding the navbar. The standalone magisk module does it too.

Lada333

Feb 7, 2016
Budapest
OnePlus 3T
Google Pixel 4a
Are you hiding the navbar? There is a weird interaction with hacks to hide the navbar that screws up the camera switching speed. This is not rom specific, and occurs on many roms I've used with this phone that use that method of hiding the navbar. The standalone magisk module does it too.
I am!

I had been using DanGLES3's Fullscreen/Immersive Gestures Magisk module. I've just read about it like two days ago that many people report slow responsiveness from GCam while using that exact Magisk module.
Since then, I've gotten rid of it, and am currently using Typhus_'s Addon Features for Pixel Devices Magisk module to hide the navbar (it actually just sets the thickness to 0, so on a technical level, it works a bit differently, to my understanding), but it gives the same result, for the most part.

garydustin

Jan 5, 2009
Not sure if feature requests are considered, but it would be really nice to be able to force apps to render under the statusbar area by changing the cutout shape to disregard the statusbar/holepunch camera. The one thing that I can't stand about the P4a is the ugly way it cuts the keyboard when in landscape and how many games cut off flat on one side. They could at least have rounded the corners when cutting that out so it matches the screen edges.

There is a module here that has a custom version that worked pre A12.1, but it no longer works so I can't use it with Pixel Experience on the latest version.

Reactions: Lada333

Shobu Ser'hao

Jul 3, 2022
Hello, since the last update, the sound device switcher (quick volume menu, speaker icon) have stopped working (crash and device going back to login screen, is anyone have this kind of issue ?
(Rooted with classic power menu/xprivacy)
It's happen even after reboot, randomly work and crash after another try

Last edited:

guru6969

Jan 19, 2021
About updating ─ adb sideloading doesn't seem to do anything. I removed my passcode then used the system updater to download and install it. That completed and after a reboot it still wasn't updated. What is the updateing process for this ROM? I don't have to factory reset it do I?

themohvision

Aug 17, 2010
About updating ─ adb sideloading doesn't seem to do anything. I removed my passcode then used the system updater to download and install it. That completed and after a reboot it still wasn't updated. What is the updateing process for this ROM? I don't have to factory reset it do I?
Same issue, had to backup everything, factory reset and fresh install.

Splendente

Jul 4, 2022
Hello there!

I would like to know how you managed to "extract" the binary blobs for the Pixel 4a (sunfish) that you provides at
Did you use android-prepare-vendor project or adevtool project?

I'm asking because I'm trying to build AOSP for this device, and it sees I don't manage to extract these blobs properly (I get an error during AOSP build about sepolicy) with none of these projects.

For reference about ths sepolicy bug, I opened an issue here for adevtool: https://github.com/kdrag0n/adevtool/issues/19

Kind regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 4a [sunfish]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    What are difference in pe rom 4a compaired to stock pixel rom??
    More features provided by PixelExperience regarding customization options and sorts.
    Also, you are provided with extra perks and features with regards to the device source code for any newer features and such.
    An example of sorts is unlimited Google Photos storage in original quality via a Google Pixel 1 hack.
    Whilst also being able to customize the notification bar.
    New Build is out, tackling the heavy battery drain issues, February Security Patch and Face Unlock :)
    Enjoy!
    PixelExperience 12.1 March Update:
    • March security patch
    • Rebased over Android 12L source code
    • Updated translations
    • Added call recording support
    • Fixed biometric authentication on some apps – mainly banking apps
    • Updated device fingerprint to SQ1A.220305.012
    • Kernel updates
    • Update vendor blobs to SP2A.220305.012
    New build coming shortly!
    I am certain about the fix now, battery drain should be minimal.
    Thanks for hanging about :)