[ROM][12.1][Taimen] crDroid 8.4 with GAPPS [OFFICIAL][09.04.2022]

Search This thread

jam456

Well, unfortunately, as much as I wanted to run this ROM, I just can't. I read through the thread for the Android 11 version, as well. Anyone who asked for proper install instructions was ignored, and the information here wasn't enough for me to figure out how to do it on my own.

I'll poke my head back in here every so often to see if there's a proper tutorial published. When there is, I'll try again.
I moved over from Havoc 11, been a long term user of that ROM and no issues switching. Phone isn't parted or re-parted, still a stock partition table. For me it was simple, I hot booted to twrp, formatted both slots, after formatting hot booted back to twrp. Had this ROM on a flash drive, plugged my OTG cable in to my phone whilst in TWRP, and installed via OTG cable.. worked for me.

Join the telegram group for more help if u need it

Reactions: verrellvj
Well, unfortunately, as much as I wanted to run this ROM, I just can't. I read through the thread for the Android 11 version, as well. Anyone who asked for proper install instructions was ignored, and the information here wasn't enough for me to figure out how to do it on my own.

I'll poke my head back in here every so often to see if there's a proper tutorial published. When there is, I'll try again.
what exactly is the issue for you? Are you having a hard time flashing it? HAve you tried to install it or did you find the install instructions to confusing?

I'm assuming bootloader is unlocked and try this at your own risk

What you need to download
ADB AND FASTBOOT: TWRP ZIP: https://dl.twrp.me/taimen/twrp-installer-3.6.1_9-0-taimen.zip.html
TWRP IMG: https://dl.twrp.me/taimen/twrp-3.6.1_9-0-taimen.img.html
THE ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
GAPPS: (I used NikGapps link has full Gapps to bare minimum for Playstore)

1)Have all the things you downloaded into one folder and go-to that folder and in a empty space in the folder hold "Left shift and right click. then select either power shell or Command Prompt Admin.* it should open right in the folder where your downloaded goodies are.

2) Enable USB debugging on your phone by hitting build number 5 times and Developer options is under Settings/system. and connect it to your computer.

3) with Command prompt open type in adb and hit enter (should spew a list of commands)

4)in command window Type "adb reboot bootloader" Your phone should reboot and you'll see green word saying "START." leave it and go-to command prompt(still plugged into computer)

5)next we need to start twrp so in command prompt we need to start the TWRP IMG* file. so to do that we type "fastboot boot twrp-3.6.1_9-0-taimen.img " (twrp IMG file may be different version then what i put so copy the name from your download and use it instead of "twrp-3.6.1_9-0-taimen.img" i used.)

6) twrp should start up and when it does slide to allow modifications and should have the main menu with install wipe etc. now on your phone(keep it still plugged into pc mind you) in TWRP goto wipe and format data and type in yes. (this removes user data from currently installed rom.)

7)now in phone twrp menu goto "advanced/ adb sideload" then it should say "starting ADB sideload Feature..."

8)go on your PC and in command prompt type in "adb sideload twrp-installer-3.6.1_9-0-taimen.zip" (your twrp file version may be different then mine copy the twrp zip from your computer)

9) type in "adb sideload crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220408-taimen-GMS-v8.4.zip(again different version copy name from your download) and then reboot into system.
if you get failed or wont work twrp probably timed out so hit back in twrp then hit adb sideload button again.

10) now at this point before gapps install i start the rom skip the welcome and setup and enable usb debugging in phone and put my phone into bootloader again then install gapps. same process as above and you should have crdroid working.

This is how I installed it and I hope this helps.

Sorry I think it's good but i rushed because I had to go-to work I'll check it when home lol

Reactions: g000n and runekock

imkentoy

For those individuals who wandered if this rom is great for gaming. The answer is yes. Coming from PE, I can say this is better ROM if you consider gaming on your Pixel 2 XL.

PE is a great ROM don't get me wrong, however, I experienced random stutter while gaming. Whereas, crDroid runs the games I play flawlessly.

One thing, I noticed though, the camera app (gcam) has this horizontal rolling when I try to record a video. Everything works well.

8.6 is out on other devices hope we could get monthly update on this ROM.

Thanks Dev.

imkentoy

Let's hope not. I chose this as my daily rom since I mainly focus on gaming and the latest CrDroid updates gives a better overall performance according to some reviews on YouTube. Considering that our device is old and not a lot of people are using it, it may be their least priority for now (don't quote me on this).

ladaluk

Nov 24, 2016
hi there!

as I am long time user of PixelDust rom from @nitin.chobhe looking for 12.1 android for taimen I´ve installed 8.4 but facing some strange issues
- latest twrp didi not decrypt data - cannot install additional zips or reinstall rom
- how to install twrp - after rom installation there is always crdroid recovery
- NFC is still powering on and off - cannot use GPay even when latest Magisk was hidden sucessfully and 2 cards added without any issue like "rooted rom", SafetyNet test result - Passed /green/

thx for any hint

runekock

Apr 24, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
Nexus 6
- latest twrp didi not decrypt data - cannot install additional zips or reinstall rom
Workarounds for those two issues:

1) Either adb sideload the zip from your computer, or install from a USB-connected drive

2) Instead of installing twrp, fastboot boot it from your computer

Reactions: nitin.chobhe

nitin.chobhe

Recognized Contributor
Jan 3, 2013
India
Google Pixel 2 XL
Google Pixel 7 Pro
hi there!

as I am long time user of PixelDust rom from @nitin.chobhe looking for 12.1 android for taimen I´ve installed 8.4 but facing some strange issues
- NFC is still powering on and off - cannot use GPay even when latest Magisk was hidden sucessfully and 2 cards added without any issue like "rooted rom", SafetyNet test result - Passed /green/

thx for any hint
8.4?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer
    I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
    You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation:

First time installation:
    • step 1: Hot Boot into TWRP
    • step 2: Format Data, Wipe other. Reboot to another slot and repeat.
    • step 3: Flash Crdroid 8.1
    • step 4: Reboot to Bootloader, hotboot to TWRP
    • step 5: Flash Gapps - (optional and only for Vanilla).

Update installation:

Option 1 (Preferred):

Use seamless OTA.

Option 2 (Preferred):

• step 1: Reboot to inbuilt recovery (From Either Advance restart - after holding the power button, when phone is on OR Press Volume up and power from power off state.)
    • step 2: Navigate to "Apply Update" -> "From ADB"
    • step 3: From your computer issue command "adb sideload <FILENAME>
    • step 4: Flash Gapps using sideload - (optional and only for Vanilla).
    • step 5: Reboot

Option 3:

• step 1: Hot Boot into TWRP
    • step 2: Flash crDroid
    • step 3: Reboot to Bootloader, hotboot to TWRP
    • step 4: Flash Gapps - (optional and only for Vanilla).
    • step 5: Reboot

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Common-DT: Wahoo
    DT: taimen
    Kernel: kernel url

Download:
    ROM https://crdroid.net/taimen
    Changelog: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/12.1/changelog_taimen.txt

Known issues:
    None, Please report if you find any.

Thanks to:
    A big thanks to Pixelboot and Reallysnow for all their hardwork. This Rom would not have been possible without them.

Support Me:
    Liked my work, buy me a coffee :)

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    crDroid Updates Channel
    Donate to help our team pay server costs
    Changelog 30.03.2022
    Android 12.1
    March Security patch

Changelog 15.02.2022

- Enable Wifi Display (WFD)
    - Fixed some sepolicy denials
    - Synced with latest crdroid source (Few Changes below)
    --- Unlimited photo storage toggle in Misc. setting
    --- Unlock higher FPS in games
    8.2 with Feb Security patch is available now.
    And we are official now with OTA support :)
    Updated links with gapps build on 15.02.2022