[ROM][12.1][taimen] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

ridenickel9

Oct 30, 2012
Google Pixel 2 XL
I have a question regarding the update process. I am already on it, and I have done the partitioning, and I now want to go to the Plus edition. My question is, do I have to go through the repartitioning again, or do I just sideload the .zip file of the ROM?
No - you only need to partition once, when you come to PE - some have said you need to clean install moving from the latest 12, to 12+, but others have done it dirty, I would clean install myself, but no, you do not need to mess with the part table.

Reactions: J0xA

J0xA

Nov 27, 2013
No - you only need to partition once, when you come to PE - some have said you need to clean install moving from the latest 12, to 12+, but others have done it dirty, I would clean install myself, but no, you do not need to mess with the part table.
Thanks for the help, yeah I was planning to do a clean install, happy to hear I don't have to repartition again. :D

Reactions: ridenickel9

xigua from china

Sep 2, 2017
Could anyone please send me the boot.img of the newest plus edition build (May 16)? I forgot to install magisk at first and my computer is now not available.

Green-Bot

Nov 2, 2012
running the A12 10th April Plus build version.......can we update(dirty flash) it via OTA without any format of user data or the hassle of repartition?

Last edited:

samet6006

May 18, 2022
I'm still having the same problem. As soon as I press the power button and listen to music, the music pauses for a few seconds, be it via Bluetooth headphones or speakers

foolone

Mar 7, 2016
I'm still having the same problem. As soon as I press the power button and listen to music, the music pauses for a few seconds, be it via Bluetooth headphones or speakers
No issue for my PIXEL 2XL. I use Musicolet and it does not have any pause or hiccup when pressing the power button to turn screen off or on.

chinna11

Oct 16, 2015
aptechengineer.blogspot.in
NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 2XL [taimen]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog
My Pixel 2 XL does not have FM radio. Is there any other version that has FM Radio?

Mn fibin

May 17, 2018
Brother,
I recently installed the new PE build for taimen.I noticed some crashes while usage.I can't open Zapya(app downloaded from Playstore).It shows the logo of app and closes rapidly...it repeated when I try to open the app.The app opens and closes automatically.
I also faced this same issue for Gta SanAndreas(game) which also downloaded from Playstore.
Is there anyone else facing same issue?
Developer sir can you please explain me this or can you please estimate the next update date for this bug fix.

Last edited:

bch23

is there any other option to install this ROM without "ADB SIDELOAD" ?????
through TWRP or any other Recovery ???
Hello I made an account just to answer your question because I was wondering the same thing yesterday but couldn't really find an answer. I first tried doing it through the pixel experience recovery but that just gave an error so I then installed twrp recovery and it worked perfectly fine and I now have PE12 on my phone. I used a usb stick and an otg adapter with all the needed files on it and then installed it by mostly following the instructions on the pixel experience website. I think you can figure it out without much problems, good luck!

Though I will say not to do it if you don't have any backup phone or computer because if something goes wrong you will not be able to fix it.

Reactions: avik_karati2007

avik_karati2007

Jun 24, 2009
Delhi
Hello I made an account just to answer your question because I was wondering the same thing yesterday but couldn't really find an answer. I first tried doing it through the pixel experience recovery but that just gave an error so I then installed twrp recovery and it worked perfectly fine and I now have PE12 on my phone. I used a usb stick and an otg adapter with all the needed files on it and then installed it by mostly following the instructions on the pixel experience website. I think you can figure it out without much problems, good luck!

Though I will say not to do it if you don't have any backup phone or computer because if something goes wrong you will not be able to fix it.
Thank you for the suggestion, will follow your instruction.
Hope its works for me too :)

Reactions: bch23

avik_karati2007

Jun 24, 2009
Delhi

Thank you for the suggestion, will follow your instruction.
Hope its works for me too :)
Many many thanks @bch23 , my pixel is now booting to the PE12.

Reactions: bch23

Top Liked Posts