[ROM][12.1][taimen] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

alex2grad

Nov 3, 2012
After upgrading from PixelExperience_taimen-12.1-20220516-1208-OFFICIAL to PixelExperience_taimen-12.1-20220610-1424-OFFICIAL the Adaptive Connectivity Service always stopped when I make call or receive a call.

Reactions: amandeepparmar

Green-Bot

Nov 2, 2012
When I was using PE11+ rom on my Pixel 2 XL, I used to have battery saver enabled at all times and settings app was running in white at all times. After updating to PE12+ version, the moment I turn on battery saver, setting screen goes black. Is there something I am missing here? I want to use my phone with battery saver mode but settings app should not turn black. Any suggestions?

ravepark

May 4, 2009
Chandigarh
Google Pixel 2 XL
Hi everyone!

I'm on previous June Build 'PixelExperience_taimen-12.1-20220610-1424-OFFICIAL' (which is not there anymore),
and now there's a newer June Build 'PixelExperience_taimen-12.1-20220615-2348-OFFICIAL'

On the Pixel Experience website, it's mentioned that we need to update the partition again, do I need to:

- just flash the new partition zip and then sideload the new June build?
OR
- flash the stock partition zip, flash the new partition zip and then sideload the new June build?

avik_karati2007

Jun 24, 2009
Delhi
Hi everyone!

I'm on previous June Build 'PixelExperience_taimen-12.1-20220610-1424-OFFICIAL' (which is not there anymore),
and now there's a newer June Build 'PixelExperience_taimen-12.1-20220615-2348-OFFICIAL'

On the Pixel Experience website, it's mentioned that we need to update the partition again, do I need to:

OR
- flash the stock partition zip, flash the new partition zip and then sideload the new June build?
Hi @ravepark
if you are running PE then follow https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/taimen/update/
No need to flash, just like the official OTA update.

Reactions: ravepark

alex2grad

Nov 3, 2012
Hi everyone!

OR
I successfully upgraded from PixelExperience_taimen-12.1-20220610-1424-OFFICIAL to PixelExperience_taimen-12.1-20220615-2348-OFFICIAL using OTA update without re-partitioning,

According to changelog "Adaptive Connectivity fixes".
But still Adaptive Connectivity Service always stopped when I make call.

Reactions: ravepark

TwerkinTiger

Jun 7, 2022
I've updated to
PixelExperience_Plus_taimen-12.1-20220615-1912-OFFICIAL, but now Gcam keeps crashing. it used to work fine on the previous version.

unknowndrop

Sep 9, 2012
I have no connectivity (no wifi, no data) after OTA update. What is the fix for that?

Edit: If this happens to someone, the fix is to apply OTA again trough PE recovery. I applied the OTA first using the built-in system updater.

Last edited:
I've been away from Pixel 2 XL for a while (was using One Plus 9 pro until I broke the camera and decided to reactivate my old Pixel 2 XL). Trying to install this ROM coming from stock, and followed the installation instructions to a "t." repartition goes smoothly, I factory reset, and then when I go to sideload the zip, it says: "Error applying update: 7 (ErrorCode: : kInstallDeviceOpenError) Tried also installing using TWRP, and get the same error. Any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

ravepark

May 4, 2009
Chandigarh
Google Pixel 2 XL
I've been away from Pixel 2 XL for a while (was using One Plus 9 pro until I broke the camera and decided to reactivate my old Pixel 2 XL). Trying to install this ROM coming from stock, and followed the installation instructions to a "t." repartition goes smoothly, I factory reset, and then when I go to sideload the zip, it says: "Error applying update: 7 (ErrorCode: : kInstallDeviceOpenError) Tried also installing using TWRP, and get the same error. Any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

These are the steps I did while upgrading from Stock to Pixel Experience:

- (Enabled USB Debugging)
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot -w
- fastboot boot twrp-3.6.0_9-0-taimen.img
- adb sideload productpartition-pixel2xl-64gb.zip
- (reboot bootloader)
- fastboot -w
- fastboot boot twrp-3.6.0_9-0-taimen.img
- adb sideload PixelExperience_taimen-12.1-20220615-2348-OFFICIAL.zip
- (reboot/reboot system)

Hope this helps.

Cheers & Regards!
*Respect Pixel Experience Team and PixelBoot*

Last edited:
Reactions: jonpjingleheimler

therealjbenam

Jun 22, 2022
Installed this ROM yesterday after changing the battery and power button in my Pixel 2XL. Also placed a 1mm thermal pad on top of the CPU after cutting some copper tape, hopefully that will solve the horrible thermal issues I was having. It seems the situation has improved already.

Everything seems to work well except... The ROM is very trigger-happy when it comes to close background apps. It seems almost everything gets killed immediately after placing it in the background.

I can also see higher memory pressure compared to the stock Android 11 Google ROM. IIRC that one floated around 2.8GB used of 3.8GB available. This one stays at 3.2GB average. Around 400MB more, which is not negligible in an already memory-starved phone.

Anyway @PixelBoot could you please tell me if there is any way to keep background processes alive for longer? I have tried setting the developer option "Background process limit" to "At most, 4 processes" but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Thanks for your hard work.

EDIT: As a test case, I can't even put Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel in the background for a second, as it gets killed immediately. Very annoying.

Last edited:

avik_karati2007

Jun 24, 2009
Delhi
Just wanted to report that the new build (20220615) did not fix the crash of Adaptive Connectivity Service when I making call or receiving a call. Any fix? I did not have this issue until I did update using OTA
If you don't have a 5g network in your phone ( which is oblivious coz our Pixel 2 XL had only 4g support ), uninstall the Adaptive Connectivity app. I did the same way and it's working perfectly fine.

Reactions: jonpjingleheimler

therealjbenam

Jun 22, 2022
I am not seeing this issue on my phone (cleanly flashed two days ago) and I have adaptive connectivity enabled in the settings.

Top Liked Posts