[ROM][12.1][taimen] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

toxarz

Oct 19, 2013
Hello there I'm trying hard to install this rom but always end up with same error 7 (ErrorCode::kInstallDeviceOpenError)

So here is what i did.
1. Unlocked bootloader on my Pixel 2 XL 128Gb
2. Installed Pixel Experience Recovery PixelExperience_Plus_taimen-12.1-20220615-1912-OFFICIAL.img
3. Recovery -> enable ADB update - > install from zip departition-pixel2xl-128gbs -> Format data -> reboot to recovery
4. Enable adb update - > flash PixelExperience_Plus_taimen-12.1-20220615-1912-OFFICIAL.zip and get error no 7

I think the problem is with my Pixel cause its 128Gb and repartition is for 64Gb ? Or its same file for both versions ? What am i doing wrong :D?

foolone

Mar 7, 2016
Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone is experiencing google camera crash after its update to 8.5 on this ROM. GCam8.4 works on this ROM, but it was updated to 8.5 last night and I can no long open the camera app - it crashes every time. Just curious if it is a generic issue or specific to this ROM. Thanks,.

Osaxely

Mar 22, 2022
Google Pixel 2 XL
Hi folks, I was wondering if anyone is experiencing google camera crash after its update to 8.5 on this ROM. GCam8.4 works on this ROM, but it was updated to 8.5 last night and I can no long open the camera app - it crashes every time. Just curious if it is a generic issue or specific to this ROM. Thanks,.
Same problem there! It might be specific to this rom. I think that we can uninstall the update in the meantime.
But yes, we have to report it for getting a fix.

Edit: otherwise this rom is perfect, I love it. Everything is smooth and it's beautiful.

foolone

Mar 7, 2016
Same problem there! It might be specific to this rom. I think that we can uninstall the update in the meantime.

Edit: otherwise this rom is perfect, I love it. Everything is smooth and it's beautiful.
Unfortunately, uninstall will revert back to version 8.3. I had to download the apk to install Google camera 8.4. I suspect that this new camera version (8.5) does not work on Pixel 2XL, but since the rom has a signature of Pixel Pro 6, Google will update the camera app to 8.5. For those of you who want to go back to 8.4, here is the link:

velvetunderground

Jun 28, 2022
Google Pixel 2 XL

Same problem here, how do we report this to the dev(s)? Also, is there a way to help debug the issue?

Much love to this rom

BTASEER123

Mar 23, 2018
Hello there I'm trying hard to install this rom but always end up with same error 7 (ErrorCode::kInstallDeviceOpenError)

So here is what i did.
2. Installed Pixel Experience Recovery PixelExperience_Plus_taimen-12.1-20220615-1912-OFFICIAL.img
3. Recovery -> enable ADB update - > install from zip departition-pixel2xl-128gbs -> Format data -> reboot to recovery
4. Enable adb update - > flash PixelExperience_Plus_taimen-12.1-20220615-1912-OFFICIAL.zip and get error no 7

I think the problem is with my Pixel cause its 128Gb and repartition is for 64Gb ? Or its same file for both versions ? What am i doing wrong :D?
Same happened with my pixel 2 (walleye) error applying update :7 (error code :kInstallDeviceOpenError)

kdkjnsd

Mar 11, 2018
hi there, i'm currently using PE 12, it was smooth. i have 2 minor thing to ask for help :
1. is there any tips to increase battery life, after using PE my battery life seems slightly drain
2. after using the camera app below, the camera app crash oftenly. is there any workaround to update the app? thanks before

Unfortunately, uninstall will revert back to version 8.3. I had to download the apk to install Google camera 8.4. I suspect that this new camera version (8.5) does not work on Pixel 2XL, but since the rom has a signature of Pixel Pro 6, Google will update the camera app to 8.5. For those of you who want to go back to 8.4, here is the link:

imkentoy

Oct 8, 2011
Antipolo
Google Pixel 2 XL
hi there, i'm currently using PE 12, it was smooth. i have 2 minor thing to ask for help :
1. is there any tips to increase battery life, after using PE my battery life seems slightly drain
2. after using the camera app below, the camera app crash oftenly. is there any workaround to update the app? thanks before
Hi. Glad to share my experience.
1. Our device is quite old and battery life may not be that great anymore. Well depending on how it was used. The following might help you increase your battery life.
- Enable battery saver
- Enable adaptive battery

2. It is a known bug for now. What I did is I disabled the camera app. How? Simply press and hold the icon then press the i to open the app info then tap disable. This should help you get rid of the 'camera keeps closing error'. Next is you can either google the latest GCam or download it from here.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: kdkjnsd

samet6006

May 18, 2022
Hello, I'll be in touch again. Have now uploaded a video as I mean it with my audio problems. I don't have this problem with other custom roms. Sorry the video upload didn't work. I created a link for this.

Last edited:
Reactions: shelbo

szlaga

Sep 12, 2016
Pixel 2XL ///
Hi, I followed every single step from this guide https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/taimen/install/ but when I tried to sideload ROM .zip I got the famous error 7 on my device. I tried to flash it from pendrive via OTG but the same thing happened.

I checked FAQ but none of the tips apply to me since I was using the latest possible for P2XL Android 11, I downloaded the newest PE recovery and ROM from their website (3 times, all 3 times 100% good MD5)... :/ Unlocking the bootloader, recovery install, and repartition went without any problems... I tried all steps again 3 times already, same Error 7.

Any idea of what can I try?

I also tried the PE12 Plus Edition, same error.

///edit
I read on Reddit that for some people the repartition script didn't work with PE Recovery, so I did repartition with TWRP and the rest with PE Recovery, installed successfully.

Last edited:

kdkjnsd

Mar 11, 2018
here's my review for the current build so far, my device detected as Pixel 5, so far A12 running good, some of the downside is a few app that i use before is not running due to the android version compatibility, no big deal. i stay using the default camera app that come with the PE12, update to the recent update on the google play ended ep crashing, again, no big deal. SOT around 5 hours with light usage and default setting (considering this is 5 years old device), fine with me. currently testing usage with some setting optimization, should be better with the SOT.
Some hickup i found so far, the Autolock function is sometime not working, so my device stay unlock until i lock it manually, other than smooth af. thanks pixelbots

szlaga

Sep 12, 2016

So here is what i did.

Same happened with my pixel 2 (walleye) error applying update :7 (error code :kInstallDeviceOpenError)

Read my comment above.

My overall opinion about the ROM - everything is cool, but I'm going back to stock A11 anyway. I thought I try some of A12 features - I tried, but overall it wasn't enough to pay me for clicking twice to get WiFi/LTE ON/OFF. :D Other than that some minor A12 caviats like vibrations after unlock/doing something in apps, unlock animation (although I speeded them up, still...), etc. But ROM was working smooth. :))

kdkjnsd

Mar 11, 2018
Read my comment above.

My overall opinion about the ROM - everything is cool, but I'm going back to stock A11 anyway. I thought I try some of A12 features - I tried, but overall it wasn't enough to pay me for clicking twice to get WiFi/LTE ON/OFF. :D Other than that some minor A12 caviats like vibrations after unlock/doing something in apps, unlock animation (although I speeded them up, still...), etc. But ROM was working smooth. :))
do you have any tutorial on how to do it?

Top Liked Posts