[ROM][12.1][taimen] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

stslimited84

Dec 13, 2014
anybody having issue with vibrate mode? as in, the phone doesnt vibrate at all when in vibrate mode.

If i enable vibration for ring/notification, it works properly when on normal mode but nothing happens when on vibrate mode. Ideally, I only want it to vibrate when in vibrate mode only but the settings don't appear to allow it.

Hello,

Pixel 2 XL running Android 12 PE beta build (Nov 24th) on November security patch.

Issued I've faced:
1. I don't think the Google photos unlimited storage is functioning as the device is recognized as a Pixel 5? I can't find a message in google photos confirming that it's on like on Proton AOSP. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

2. Media playback seems to stutter or stop when the display turns off/goes into always-on display, issue is fixed if I turn off "Now playing" (I use youtube music but I've seen other comments saying it happens on spotify aswell)

3. Now playing does not show information of song playing nearby on lock screen but still shows said song on the actual app

4. Location green indication on the top right randomly keeps coming on

5. At a glance weather and other information doesn't work unless you sideload "Android system intelligence S.10" for pixel 6 off APK Mirror

6. Hardware notification light cannot be disabled, comes on when charging/phone is almost dead

7. FPS counter in developer options does not seem to be functioning

No further issues I've found yet, will update if I do.
I just following your instruction, now working glance!!! Thank a lot!! Almost perfect now!!!

vagh_nagas

Mar 20, 2013
Was anyone able to get Android Auto working? I have read through everything and tried the nikgapps as well.

That is the only critical feature that I really need. Super awesome ROM!

tierslhq

Jun 30, 2015
HI!
After i flashed the recovery image,i wanna Factory Reset.But it said E:/system/bin/make_f2fs failed with status 1 balabalabala Data wipe failed.
Anyone has any idea what should i do.
Many thanks!

miggsr

Feb 3, 2011
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 2 XL
HI!
After i flashed the recovery image,i wanna Factory Reset.But it said E:/system/bin/make_f2fs failed with status 1 balabalabala Data wipe failed.
Anyone has any idea what should i do.
Many thanks!
i dont know if you have resolved your issue yet but you can try this fix. i had the same problem on one of my devices...

Type ---> fastboot flash boot_a (directory of and name of boot.img)

wait for that to finish then do the same with one small difference

Type ---> fastboot flash boot_b (directory of and name of boot.img)

doing this will flash to both partitions individually. there is another 2 options that i have seen but one doesnt always work and the other takes longer to complete.

**** ( ) IS NOT USED IN THE FASTBOOT COMMAND ****

en0203

Jun 29, 2010
This rom is awesome, buttery smooth on a 4-yr old phone. Any idea how to regain the unlimited photo storage for Pixel 2 XL? It seems the phone is current recognized as Pixel 6 Pro so did not get unlimited photo storage.

kex604

Sep 11, 2016
Hello all,

I'm new to using Pixel Experience on my Pixel 2 XL and am running into an issue with one banking app. I installed version 12 of Pixel Experience and the TD Bank app won't even show up in the Play Store. If I try and download it from the web, I get "Your device isn't compatible with this version". I went ahead and installed Magisk and enabled MagiskHide but that didn't seem to help much. Since I can't even get it installed, I can't specifically hide root for that app.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
Hello all,

I'm new to using Pixel Experience on my Pixel 2 XL and am running into an issue with one banking app. I installed version 12 of Pixel Experience and the TD Bank app won't even show up in the Play Store. If I try and download it from the web, I get "Your device isn't compatible with this version". I went ahead and installed Magisk and enabled MagiskHide but that didn't seem to help much. Since I can't even get it installed, I can't specifically hide root for that app.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred
Use the APK extractor app to get the APK from another device then email or move that APK to your phone and install.

Melvin7

Oct 8, 2017
NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 2XL [taimen]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog

ridenickel9

Oct 30, 2012
Google Pixel 2 XL
Installed this last night, coming from stock Android 11, and had not done a thing to the phone prior. Unlocked bootloader (critical) took a while as updating SDK tools did not load Google driver correctly. (If you cant see data using fastboot devices command, check that!) After was resolved, moved onto loading PE Recovery, and then hit the user data wipe issue spoke about in first few posts. Booted back to recovery, then ran fastboot -w, then adb sideload zip, and were in business! Thank you devs!

UK-204

Sep 10, 2021
Hello, when will the update be available? The last update was at the end of November, and already January. Is there any rough release date? Thanks!

Top Liked Posts