[ROM][12.1][taimen] PixelExperience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Harish Harpal

Dec 21, 2016
NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 2XL [taimen]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.0

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog
Please Fixed Bugs Sir...

ridenickel9

Oct 30, 2012
Google Pixel 2 XL
I got a message, your software is 7 days out of date. As the phone identification says Pixel 6 I assume its just seeing a notification due to that. I def dont think Im going to try doing it 🤣 I assume its not from the DEV?

Last edited:

dynamo147

Jul 30, 2013
Baltimore
Do you all still have the new Assistant voice typing activated?

I was able to get it to work from MridulDR instructions, but I recently noticed that the option is greyed out again in Gboard settings.

My Google app is beta version 13.4.16.23.arm64 from the app store,

My Gboard is beta version 11.4.08.422524001-beta-arm64-v8a from the app store

And my Android System Intelligence app is version S.10.playstore.oem.424079685 from apkmirror - does anyone have a currently working setup?
For "Search Your Phone", New Google Assistant, Assistant voice typing you need to install latest "Android Intelligence System"(pixel 6 version) apk and latest Google app(for android 10+) apk from apkmirror.
After installing above two apk's force stop them and clear the cache respectively.
That's it, Enjoy!

xflbret

Mar 15, 2013
Tucson, AZ
Is this rom still being worked on? Can I flash over Pixel Experience 11? One other person asked but he never got an answer...

MridulDR

Jun 17, 2020
Google Pixel 2 XL
Do you all still have the new Assistant voice typing activated?

I was able to get it to work from MridulDR instructions, but I recently noticed that the option is greyed out again in Gboard settings.

My Google app is beta version 13.4.16.23.arm64 from the app store,

My Gboard is beta version 11.4.08.422524001-beta-arm64-v8a from the app store

And my Android System Intelligence app is version S.10.playstore.oem.424079685 from apkmirror - does anyone have a currently working setup?
Well it's because your play store updated the Google app, the ".23" at the end of the version depicts that it's targeted for Android 6 and above, for assistive voice typing you need ".29" which means it's targeted for Android 10 and above.
To get the voice typing again, do the steps i mentioned earlier and this time go to apk mirror and search for Google app there, and then select the latest version and check whether it's has ".29" at the end or not, if not, look for a different version.
And remember to uncheck Auto Updates for Google app in the playstore.

Last edited:
Reactions: dynamo147

dynamo147

Jul 30, 2013
Baltimore
Well it's because your play store updated the Google app, the ".23" at the end of the version depicts that it's targeted for Android 6 and above, for assistive voice typing you need ".29" which means it's targeted for Android 10 and above.
To get the voice typing again, do the steps i mentioned earlier and this time go to apk mirror and search for Google app there, and then select the latest version and check whether it's has ".29" at the end or not, if not, look for a different version.
And remember for uncheck Auto Updates for Google app from playstore.
Back in business, assistant voice typing is working again for any others who are interested, many thanks!

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
any update on the update message issue ? @PixelBoot
From the developer's github site, 22 Jan: Google Pixel 2/2XL Due to the limitations of the Google Pixel’s 2 system partition, I am currently in search for alternative methods to satisfy the preloaded Google apps shipped with PixelExperience. The new rules for official PixelExperience forbid the use of excessive use of remove_packages to remove preloaded packages to satisfy the ROM’s system partitions. I have been playing around recently with repartitioning, but this process will take long as I have already lost my original Pixel 2 due to too much tampering with repartitioning. Luckily enoguh thanks to a fellow supporter and friend, DarkPlayer, I am able to proceed carefully thanks to his kind donation of his own personal Pixel 2 XL. These slow measures will take place purely for safety of my and your devices, so your patience is highly appreciated.

dynamo147

Jul 30, 2013
Baltimore
Have you guys found a way to stop the Google app from auto updating?

I've noticed that the playstore keeps updating my apk mirror version despite me unchecking the auto update option.

The version that I want to keep installed is the only one that I've noticed that allows me to use the new assistant voice typing and a properly functioning Hey Google hotword on my phone - version 13.4.16.29.arm64

areebiqbal

Mar 17, 2013
The ROM is pretty stable. The one major issue is that unlimited Google photos backup is broken. Please find a way to fix it.

areebiqbal

Mar 17, 2013
Also.... Has anyone noticed that the charging speed is a little bit slower as compared to Android 10 and Android 11. I use the original charger and it says rapid charging when I plug it in. But still it is slower

kastik4

Mar 13, 2015
Thessaloniki
Also.... Has anyone noticed that the charging speed is a little bit slower as compared to Android 10 and Android 11. I use the original charger and it says rapid charging when I plug it in. But still it is slower
I haven't noticed any diffrence in charging speed works fine on me
The ROM is pretty stable. The one major issue is that unlimited Google photos backup is broken. Please find a way to fix it.
Yeah this needs to be fixed ASAP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Repartitioning is needed to flash the ROM. So that - information is available in the OP and in this thread. Search and you should find it.

Nitin
    I just followed this success!!!
    latest build below steps
    1: adb reboot bootloader
    2:fastboot devices
    3: Fastboot -w
    4:astboot flash boot twrp.img
    5:adb sideload departition-pixel2xl-64gb.zip
    6:adb sideload productpartition-pixel2xl-64gb.zip
    7:Wipe and reboot to bootloader
    8:fastboot flash boot PixelExperience_taimen-12.0-20220305-1317-OFFICIA.img
    9:adb sideload departition-pixel2xl-64gb.zip
    10:adb sideload productpartition-pixel2xl-64gb.zip
    11: adb sideload PixelExperience_taimen-12.0-20220305-1317-OFFICIAL.zip
    12: Reboot and welcome to Android12
    In twrp you should go adb sideload and then sideload via pc in terminal.
    Yes I done that. I've experience in adb/fastboot terminals. This is the only ROM that throes back that error. I've tried it with Lineage and Arrow and they install perfectly
    I would like to use this as my daily driver, but callers keep telling me they can't hear a thing. I hear them perfectly. I doubt it is a hardware issue, since I can record voice memos and messages. I phoned myself and left a voicemail: no sound indeed. :confused:

After a quick google search, it looks like it is a common issue with Android 12 custom roms. Is anyone experiencing this issue with this specific ROM?
    I use PE not PE+ as my daily driver and callers hear me perfectly.
    LTE when available, no VoWiFi. Would it make a difference? It doesn't sound as if the connection was poor, but just static. I'll give PE a shot, I'm on the latest PE+ build now
    VoLTE is very much dependent on your provider, whereas 2G/3G generally "just works". Each provider has their own VoLTE profile integrated in the phone's firmware.
    I have a question regarding the update process. I am already on it, and I have done the partitioning, and I now want to go to the Plus edition. My question is, do I have to go through the repartitioning again, or do I just sideload the .zip file of the ROM?
    No - you only need to partition once, when you come to PE - some have said you need to clean install moving from the latest 12, to 12+, but others have done it dirty, I would clean install myself, but no, you do not need to mess with the part table.
    NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 2XL [taimen]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 12.1

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog
    24/11/2021
    Changelog
    :
    • Adjusted pre-loaded system apps to prevent system crashes
    • Fixed Google Camera issues
    • Fixed Media playback issues
    PixelExperience - OFFICIAL | Android 12
    Updated
    : 21/02/2022

▪️ Taimen [1.47GB]

Changelog:
    • February Security Patch
    • Ship all Google apps
    • SELinux set to Enforcing
    • Sepolicy fixes
    • Permission fixes
    • Stability fixes

Disclaimer:
    This build requires you to modify your partition table on your device in order to flash.
    Kindly read the following instructions before flashing:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-12-0-taimen-pixelexperience-aosp.4365915/page-9#post-86463195
    PixelExperience - OFFICIAL | Android 12
    Updated
    : 05/03/2022

▪️ Taimen [1.47GB]

Changelog:
    • Further vendor fixes
    • Inherit proprietary files
    • Stability fixes
    • Fixed OTA updater

Disclaimer:
    • This build requires you to modify your partition table on your device in order to flash.
    • Kindly read the following instructions before flashing:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-12-0-taimen-pixelexperience-aosp.4365915/page-9#post-86463195
    • This build is only flashable manually and is not available over the air (OTA).
    Installation Guide for Official PixelExperience 12 builds:
    If your Google Pixel 2 XL is repartitioned to 4GB system space:
    • Revert to the stock partition table via the attached departition zip files according to your device model.
    • Follow the instructions on the PixelExperience Wiki to repartition your device with the new product partition table, following the ROM installation.
    If your Google Pixel 2 XL is on the stock repartition table:
    • Follow the instructions on the PixelExperience Wiki to repartition your device with the new product partition table, following the ROM installation.
    Kindly keep an eye out for logs in the recovery during Format data / factory reset.
    If you encounter an error during that process, kindly:
    • Reboot back to the bootloader.
    • Using platform-tools, execute the following fastboot -w.
    • Reboot back to recovery and proceed with the installation to flash PixelExperience 12 ROM.